[Drama 2011] Miss Ripley 미스 리플리

Guest JPhylls

Episodes 13 and 14 were intense that I felt like a pendulum swinging from one extreme to the other, unable to decide whether to condemn Miri so that she gets her “just desserts” by paying for her sins or pity her as the victim of a cruel fate.  However, towards the latter part of Episode 14, I was tearing up for Miri.  In the letter she sent Yoohyun, her words were honest, heartfelt and I was convinced she truly loved him and regretted the things she’s done. 

From her despicable mother, to the nuns who seemed to be too eager to send her away without checking whether those people who adopted her had the capacity to love and care for a child, to Hirayama, the man who used her and whom I presume committed statutory rape of a minor since he became Miri’s lover and pimp when she was a teen-ager and last but not least, to Lee Hwa’s husband who knowingly aided and abetted the abandonment of a child, all of them, should collectively be held liable for what had become of Miri as an adult.  I am not condoning Miri’s amoral behaviour. Definitely, there’s a moral issue involved in that Miri would have to take ownership of what she’s done and accept the consequeces of her actions.  But if there’s a day of reckoning for Miri, there should also be a day of reckoning for these people.  Miri’s transgressions paled in comparison to what these supposedly “upstanding citizens” (with the exception of Hariyama) did to her.

I couldn't agree more. As much as I dislike Miri, I'm actually hoping even more that the Mom is destroyed. phew.gif She's disgusting. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest upamak

Funny that on the preview it says that Lee Hwa ends up in hospital out of shock... the lady all of a sudden gets motherly feelings, such a strange person... shouldn't she have been going to the hospital all the time ..for leaving her daughter behind and not knowing where her daughter is, what she's been doing.

Miri needs to learn her lesson, but I don't want her to end up dead or anything like that... is it wrong for me to wish that I want her to be happy? I have a soft side for her, in ways I want her to go down but at the same time, I feel so bad for her but it's not pity or sympathy that I feel for her...it's empathy which is completely diff. I wouldn't know how to stress enough how important a childhood is in a person's life, it sort of creates a route for you for the rest of your life. I can in someways relate to Miri. Ofcourse I did not have to go thru what she did, which is worse but 'til this day, I tend to push all of my childhood memories away, i don't wish to remember but it's a apart of me for the rest of my life just like it is for her and just like her I have my days where I think "I deserve this, that should be mine, cause I never had it when I was child" or "Everyone should just let me be, why are they adding to my frustration, my childhood wasn't good, shouldn't they at least let me have this?" That's how she thinks as well. Her Level is much higher than mines, she is making a world for herself whereas I am still in reality but can't help but understand where exactly she's coming from. Even sometimes I make decisions out of grudges and I can also lie ridiculously good. I would never do anything like her but I think about if I feel this way, then I can only imagine how she feels, how greater her pain must be. No matter what everyone says... you cannot hate a person that's not sane. How can you hate Miri? When half her brain is sick? Can you go to a mental hospital and hate on a person their just because the mental person is going around slapping everyone? no the person is mental!!! When someone says they hate Miri...I'm sorry but the only thing I can think of is that person doesn't understand Miri completely.

Yeah you'll say she has the chance to come out by admitting her lies... but come on .. once again the girl isn't sane! she created her own world. When you keep convincing yourself something over and over, you can make yourself believe it. I have done it myself before too (which by the way is a good advice, if you have difficulty that picking a good routine, just keep telling yourself over and over that you want to go that way..it works!)

I have so much to write, I have been coming here and reading all the discussion. I want to write so much but hardly much time on hand right now. and then the next day when I come back here, it all builts.. it would probably be like a assignment paper ..probably two pages long :( wished I had time...

P.S. - I don't know why people at dramabeans kept brining up Lee Dae Hae's Pass when the article was clearly about Heejoo not getting enough screentime, it's like all of a sudden everyone was angry at Lee Dae Hae because she didn't get enough screentime. I'm sorry but her character was going down the hall and it was starting to get irritating, the only way it could have gone better if she was to darken up but the writer wanted to keep her pure from the beginning, so if that's the case, better that shes out. i am loving the turn of this story. Yes many people are upset at the writer and Yes there are loopholes in MH, YH character but the story is quite well written. Lots of symbolism, lots to think about. Some of the scenes were brilliant. Oh and I'm getting use to the background music, funny that I feel the background music actually goes with the drama quite well now. Sorry for any grammer mistakes.

Guest YoonSooJin

I really don't understand what Myunghoon is doing. He didn't do anything wrong, it's been Miri's fault after all, and she even dumped him. Why should he be doing that ? I'm sick of this character. And I'm still wondering why Yuhyun and Myunghoon keep sacrificing for Miri even when they know she's a liar. I PERSONALLY think this is going too far.

Guest babyfaceyoochun

[NEWS] Yoochun’s Music Video Gathers Positive Reactions

Park Yoochun reveals Music Video for Empty Space for You. “Tears At The Pure and Noble Love.”

ycmv.jpg

The music video for the OST of Miss Ripley, the MC drama, sung by group JYJ’s Park Yoochun, has been revealed.

On the home page of iMBC Miss Ripley on the 14th, the music video for The Empty Space for You which Park Yoochun sang was posted.

The revealed music video has images of Park Yoochun who has shown a pure and noble love to Lee Dahae all this while. The scene in which he plays the piano, which is picked as one of the best scenes of the drama, take up most of the video.

The netizens responded as follows: “I am falling deeper at seeing the song and video together.” “I am sad that the last episode is not far away.”

On the other hand, The Empty Space For You which Park Yoochun sang is receiving much love, putting itself on the high end of the digital music charts immediately after release.

Source

TV Daily

Translation CreditJYJ3

Guest wonnie17

i love that Miss Ripley OST Album has been topping the charts! :D i bought one for myself already! :D it's very worth it.

i always read the discussions here. :) i'm really gonna miss this thread after the series has ended :(

Guest imogene_af

I really don't understand what Myunghoon is doing. He didn't do anything wrong, it's been Miri's fault after all, and she even dumped him. Why should he be doing that ? I'm sick of this character. And I'm still wondering why Yuhyun and Myunghoon keep sacrificing for Miri even when they know she's a liar. I PERSONALLY think this is going too far.

I understand YooHyun's sacrifice as revealed in the last two episodes that their fate is morbidly intertwined. He feels indebted to her because of the sins of their parents. YooHyun's help is not of stupid martyrdom...he simply hired a lawyer but he is not going all out and placing himself to be jailed.

Unless the preview is tricky being that they cannot find Miri so Myung Hoon has to face the wrath of the prosecution. Because his character is kinda too noble. At least do it for his mother.

Upamak- that was beautiful. Thanks for sharing your quite personal insight. :)

Guest freeminded1430278377

I really love this drama especially the little twists here and there. I didn't have high hopes on this drama before I start watching but after a few episodes this drama really blew me away and made it to one of my top favorites. I am sad it is ending in a week.

Guest babyfaceyoochun

Yoochun filming Miss Ripley Part 5

sycycycyj.jpg

credit: DC<br style="font-size: 11px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; line-height: 1.4em; ">shared by: sharingyoochun.net

Guest wonnie17

i have mixed emotions for this week!!

i'm excited and sad at the same time!

can't wait for the ending!!!

why is it so quiet down here tonight? haha

a short recap of the last scene where Hirayama abducted Miri, YH drove the car on his own to find them after HJ called to inform him. With the help of YH's helper (both communicated through phone & YH's helper was on GPS checking the location of the vehicle) YH managed to reach the same place. Hirayama arranged Miri to leave for Japan through ship. Miri struggled quite a bit & luckily YH found them. Can't describle the feeling but i like how the 2 guys fight with each other over Miri :P Just when Yh is on a loosing end, Miri threatened to kill herself with a weapon (an anchor look alike weapon) at the shipyard if Hirayama hurt YH. I love this scene too. It was amazing to see Miri protecting YH....Hiyarama tries to get close to her, she slipped & fell into the water. YH almost jumping down to the water to save her & ended...no preview. I hold my breathe & felt arghhhhhhhh why end like this!

from babyfaceyoochun's chart, looks like Miss Ripley is top in the ratings again this week! congratulations miss ripley team!

sorry edited above, there is preview...haha check out babyfaceyoochun's post for preview

Guest wonnie17

Congrats Miss Ripley for being number 1 again!!

As expected!

i haven't watched but i'm excited as well!

Archived