OMG!! teaser video for ripley!!

watch here!! http://video.sina.com.cn/v/b/52541102-1730103667.html

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest au_dinosaur

[TEASER] 110517 Ripley  '리플리' #1

I am beyond excited for Ripley!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It'll be a very intense drama judging from the trailer but I can't wait to watch it.

Yoochun definitely showed some improvement.  Lee Da Hae was fantastic so far! wub.gif  Unnie has a new fan! And the way Yoochun looked at Lee Da Hae in the beginning of the trailer made my heart flutter!  He's becoming so good at expressing things with his eyes! wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

And the entire cast look amazing at the press con.  Never realized that Yoochun had such killer legs!wink.gif

Guest au_dinosaur

I have fully updated the 1st post with the new awesome posters and characters' description etc!!! Plz check it out and applause for my unnie @Flora0608 aka floralai and my buddy @kisschunnie aka ngthuhien149!!!

PS: 4 more hours until the press conference!!! *GETTING READY* 

Thanks for updating the first page! & for constantly maintaining this thread @JPhylls!

Sad JYJ members won't be on the OST but I also don't want poor Yoochun more overworked than he currently is!

[News] Yuchun, “I want to appear on entertainment shows, but it keeps getting cancelled”

May 16, 2011 by withjyj

20110517_125029940559_0.jpg

JYJ’s member and actor Park Yuchun (25) stated he “does not put too much weight” on the frequent cancellation of [his appearances] on entertainment programs.

Park Yuchun participated in the new MBC Mon-Tuesday drama “Miss Ripley’s” press conference held on the morning of the 17th at Seoul JangChoong-dong Banyan Tree hotel.

“Miss Ripley” is about a woman, sick of her life at the bottom [of society], that lies to grab an opportunity and the completely new life and destruction that begins as a result.

In the drama, Park Yuchun plays Song Yoohyun (Yutaka), who dreams of success through his own values, and passionately acts out the heir of the resort who feels true love towards Jang Miri (Lee Dahae), a character that approaches [him] for her own success.

Park Yuchun, who is trying his second challenge as an actor through “Miss Ripley” after his success in his first drama “SKK Scandal,” probably has twice the pressure and twice the determination. For that reason, he must make his bid in terms of acting and promoting. However, unlike other stars, Park Yuchun cannot use entertainment programs on national broadcasting networks as a promotional medium.

Yuchun’s appearance on entertainment program was non-existent as [a member of] JYJ and even as “Miss Ripley’s” lead actor. It was partially because of a busy filming schedule, but it’s true that some have viewed it to be because Yuchun is “JYJ” that he can’t appear on such programs.

On this, Yuchun showed a calm appearance, stating “I want to appear on entertainment shows. It often doesn’t work out but I don’t make anything of it.”

For Yuchun, he revealed that he more sorry that the drama overlaps with “JYJ” World Tour than appearing on entertainment shows. Park Yuchun revealed his honest thoughts, “Last year, “SKK Scandal” and concert plans overlapped as well, so I had the greatest hopes that it wouldn’t overlap this year. I’m most sorry that I can’t focus on one thing.

Park Yuchun, who is working through a filming schedule which prevents him from sleeping even one hour, expressed his thankfulness and sorriness for his fellow actors more than himself, stating, “without meaning to do so, I’m sorry that everyone might be worn out because of me.”

(One-sentence summary of Ripley omitted)

Source. 

Sports Seoul

Translation by. 

withJYJ

~*We will always be with JYJ!!*~

Please remove with full credits

Okay I just watched it like 5 times. I'm not super in love with it, but I think there's potential for it to be really really good. There were some scenes which I think are really good and which got me quite intrigued.

First off, the things I didn't love. The background music is awful. It is too slow. I know they're going for melo, but that music was too slow and mellow that it took away the impact of such strong scenes and it failed to highlight the intriguing parts of the trailer. Another, thing that I didn't like is how little we've seen from KSW's character. I'd hate it if he gets wasted here considering how charismatic KSW is.

Now onto the things I loved, I loved the scenes where LDH gets sexually harassed and assaulted. When that dirty old man was grabbing her from behind, I loved the tension and horror in her face. It made me uncomfortable and angry seeing it. I love how lost and desperate LDH looks with some of her scenes. I loved YC's and KHJ's interactions. I have a feeling I'm gonna root for this pair, although I'd probably be shipping MR and Yutaka together as well. But, yeah, I think I'm gonna love YC-KHJ's part of the love triangle (or whatever polygon the story might bring us). I have a feeling I'm gonna love the characters as well. I'm not yet sure about KSW's character because we only got to see so little of him. But, I like how warm Yutaka's character is. I love how klutzy but strong spirited KHJ's character is.

All in all, I AM SO HYPED UP!

FINALLY the teaser came out. And I'm looking forward to this melodrama. Not only because Chunnies in it but also LDH, i love her ever since My Girl but her acting been down hill ever since that drama so I hope she picked up her acting again in this drama. And personally LDH friggin scared the mini cooper outta me in the teaser, she looked SO DIFFERENT (probs because she lost soo much weight *sigh*). And Chunnie-ah~ was so gorgeous, LMAO my bby does not look 32 his baby face makes him look youngg~

Overall i can't wait for the drama! One of my fav female actress with one of my number one fav actor! Heck i cannot wait!!

Watched the teaser and it was disturbing, in a good way.

Loved how they went right into the story and have already set up the premise n the equations b/w the characters.

Interesting that in Miri's first meeting with both the men in her life, it is she who gets hurt in the beginning and I suppose by the end of it, the equation gets reversed.

From watching the unsubbed trailer, got the feeling that more than her lying n getting into a hell hole, it was more like Miri's past catching up with her and making her do things. KHJ seemed to provide the sunshine in the otherwise dark trailer.

Like Hagrid0211, I too found the scene where the man grabs Miri from behind quite shocking and disturbing. This girl is in her private hell and my heart goes out to her. LDH really did that scene well.

No LDH-KHJ scenes though:(

Within a few scenes, they established how warm Yutaka is. Loved the scene where he covers his stained shirt with the jacket seeing how guilty and embarrassed KHJ's character is. If I had not known how Yoochun  really likes carrying little girls around, the first 'warm' scene might have surprised me more.:P

The background score is very soft and had a hard time hearing it playing on youtube in the beginning. But by the end of it, I was pretty engrossed in the misery and the gloom and felt that the music was haunting.

Angsty trailers do stay with you, I guess. Still not free of the gloom and the loneliness. Will go and soak in Park Min Young's sunshine smile at the City Hunter PC:D. Though I realize this one is going to disturb me big time, I am really looking forward to Ripley coz I have already started caring for the characters, especially for Miri.

Guest sharmainly

here's the english sub of the 1st episode teaser!!! ENJOY :D

http://www.viki.com/channels/3339-goodbye-miss-lovely-goodbye-miss-ripley/videos/42473-ripley-1st-episode-teaser

Guest thanhdda10

OMG the press conference. Yoochun looking so dashing in a simple out fit. The boy looks better everyday. I must ask him the secret for looking better every time I see him.

I am shipping for Yutaka and Heeju already. I dont like the calculated miss Miri with my Yutaka at all.

I read the profile of each character on page one. It was beautifully done. Well done girls. I should visit this thread and comment more often. I have been visiting this thread ever since it was created as a silent reader.

I hope to god that Yoochun's Yutaka is not a weakling man in love. How I have that role for a man with passion. I hope he will be strong enough to unmask Jang Miri and move on, and hope that he will be mentally strong enough to over power his brother in law.

Watching the trailer there are a few things that I notice.

The trailer contains too much of Miri's scenes for my taste. Yutaka and Heeju's scenes are very innocent and beautiful. Just a few scenes but Yoochun has already showing us that he is a warm, optimistic and happy kid. Yoochun put his smile into full force here.

The way Yutaka is looking at Miri in the convenient store is so doting and full of feelings. I think it is love at first sight for him. Yoochun knows how to use his eyes to express it well.

May 17, 2011

‘Miss Ripley’ taking cue from Shin Jeong-ah?

By Jean Oh (oh_jean@heraldm.com) koreaherald.com

Actress Lee Dae-hey says not focusing on scandalous former curator

Everyone loves a good scandal.

Embezzlement, a fabricated academic degree, an affair with a high-level government official, and the woman-behind-it-all, former curator Shin Jeong-ah, kept the presses running with juicy fodder throughout the summer of 2007.

It was life imitating art ― the perfect soap-operatic story. One woman dupes the art world, climbs the social ladder and, almost, gets away with it. It would have been a crime not to dramatize the scandal.

MBC picked up on the premise for their upcoming Monday-Tuesday night series.

While the backdrop was switched from art to hotels, the plot bears striking similarities to Shin, with heroine Jang Mi-ri (Lee Dae-hey of “The Slave Hunters”) lying about where she graduated from and manipulating two powerful men to get her foot in the door.

Inasmuch as the drama took its cue from her, Shin, who released a tell-all autobiography in March, told reporters at a press conference for her book that she intended to tune into the series.

That moment is not long in coming. The series, titled “Miss Ripley,” will start May 30.

20110517000671_0.jpg

The cast of MBC’s “Miss Ripley” (from left to right) ― Kim Seung-woo, Lee Dae-hey, Kang Hye-jung and Park Yoo-chun ―

cheer on their series at a press conference at Banyan Tree Club and Spa Seoul in Seoul on Tuesday. (Lee Sang-sub/The Korea Herald)

While Shin may have served as a motif for “Miss Ripley,” lead actress Lee was quick to assert that she will not be focusing on the former curator at the drama’s press conference Tuesday. “A motif is just a motif,” the 27-year-old said. “They (Shin and my character) are completely different.”

Any such statement, however, will probably do little to deter audiences from making comparisons. But as Lee said, “Miss Ripley” does not seem to derive inspiration from Shin so much as it is does from the movie adaptation of Patricia Highsmith’s novel “The Talented Mr. Ripley.”

The thriller, which was remade into a Hollywood movie featuring Matt Damon in 1999, details one man’s transformation into an identity-stealing murderer.

The hero, Tom Ripley, maps the darkest corners of the human mind. Through him, the audience explores the primitive human desire to become what one admires even if it means murder, forgery and lies.

It was after this character that the condition Ripley’s Syndrome was christened, and it is in heroine Jang Mi-ri, that the syndrome ― which refers to a psychological condition where the patient builds a delusional fantasy based on lies ― may manifest itself, albeit on a much less severe scale.

Actor Kim Seung-woo, who will be playing Jang’s love interest, confirmed that the drama was inspired by this syndrome and that, indeed, actors ― because of the nature of their profession ― may be quite susceptible to the condition. “There is a reason why actors need to rest after they finish filming a work,” he said, before revealing that he has been receiving counseling to help him transition from his characters back to normal life as a husband and father for two years now.

Unlike the movie, however, which is bloody and tragic, “Miss Ripley” promises to read a little lighter.

Actress Kang Hye-jung, who is playing Jang’s childhood friend, said that the upcoming drama would be brighter and more hopeful than the film. That does not mean that “Miss Ripley” will be a cheery fun-fest. According to actress Lee, the script has been very serious thus far, allowing little room for laughter.

Viewers will most likely find moments of respite in the romance that unfolds between Jang Mi-ri and resort empire heir Yutaka (JYJ member Park Yoo-chun). Fans of Park, who his taking his second major stab at TV drama, can watch him act out the well-mannered and gentle hero. “My character is always polite and smiles constantly but inside he is all sharp edges,” Park, one-third the boy band formed by three TVXQ idols-gone-independent, hinted that Yutaka is far more complex than he initially appears.

According to news reports, Park’s star power spurred the sales of the rights to air “Miss Ripley” in Japan where part of the series was filmed.

“Miss Ripley” starts airing May 30 on MBC, Monday and Tuesday nights at 9:55 p.m.

Guest JPhylls

Long time I haven't written a decent comment, now I'm going to do it after replay the teaser for n times haha~

I love the teaser!!! Really different, just like the posters. We don't have fancy clothes, fancy cars, etc, the trademark of Korean dramas!!! I feel like it's more... classic? 

I LOVE Miri's character!!! I must say it's the most impressing character in the teaser for me. I loved Dahae's eyes in that sexual harassament scenes. Never thought that she could do those angsty scenes that excellent!!!

I also like KHJ's character. She seems like the typical heroine that we could meet in rom-com dramas: clumsy, sweet, etc. I'm really excited to see how she will be portrayed in this melo drama. I can't say much about KSW's character though.

About Yutaka, well I feel much more at ease after watching the teaser. I was afraid that Chun would have 'stage fright' when he had to act along with his seniors. But I'm really satisfied with his performing. We can't say much from the teaser of course cause it's only the beginning and he doesn't have any emotional scenes. But from his eyes, his tone,... I'm really proud of him. 

About his character, many say that he will be overshadowed by the others cause he is not special enough. I'd say otherwise. In that short teaser, u could see some short moments when his aura completely changed. Not his usual warm and friendly aura, but sharp, and cold, like when he read that magazine with KSW's face on it, or when he witnessed that old man picking a quarrel with KHJ (oh that smirk *O*).

Who can smile in every situation, is the scariest person...

And his background is not totally revealed. His past, his mother's schemes, etc, we don't know about it, so I think Yutaka's stories will bring us surprises. 

Btw my prediction is that he will get KHJ into his planning team to get the hotel. So we'll have team KangChun vs. team KimHae.xD

And 1 sweet picture from the press conference today:

785a60b0jw1dha74kijfej.jpg

RIPLEY HWAITING!!! 

Guest miss_h

The preview gives soo much but soo little.. I soo can't wait for May 30th to come.

idk, but I feel the chemistry between Kang and Yoochun more. Maybe it because they actually interact with each other. Kim Seung Woo is such a strong actor. With that little time they give him in the 5 minutes preview, you can feel his present and how he will portray his character. Two thumbs up for him..

Guest JPhylls

[News] Fellow cast members Kim Seungwoo and Kang Haejung give Yuchun great praise

-

-

Kim Seungwoo, “What did I do at Yuchun‘s Age?”

-

9b3de9a132d92c614f7feb732cadc762.jpg

Actor Kim Seungwoo attracted attention by praising actor-transformed Yuchun.

At the “Miss Ripley” press conference held on the 17th in Seoul Joonggu Jangchoong-dong Banyan Tree Hotel, Kim Seungwoo stated, “after seeing Yuchun, I wondered about what I did at that age. He is a self-confident actor.”

Furthermore, he explained “when I saw Choi Seunghyun (T/N: Bigbang’s T.O.P) while filming the movie ‘Into the Gunfire,’ I wondered, ‘how can he be so serious at such [young] age?’ I felt a similar feeling towards Park Yuchun. When you become popular at a young age, you can get a bit big-headed, but he isn’t anything like that.

Furthermore, Kim Seungwoo revealed, “after seeing [Yuchun] being serious and careful even while saying a single phrase, I can now understand why Park Yuchun makes a good impression on women fans. Personally, I have great expectations for Park Yuchun.”

Furthermore, Kang Haejung also stated, “at Park Yuchun’s [level], he can probably gain much popularity by filming teen dramas, but he chose this drama without clinging to such thought. When I see him from the side, I can feel his desire to become a real actor.”

Furthermore, she stated, “when filming, Park Yuchun sleeps about an hour each day. Nevertheless, he has never made a mistake with his lines. It’s probably possible because he practices whenever he can. I envy his immersion and attachment to his character and as a senior am also pleased by it.”

(Summary of “Ripley” storyline omitted)

Source. 

SSTV

Kim Seungwoo, “there are many things to learn from Yuchun”

1987_L_1305602871.jpg

…omitted…

[Kin Seungwoo] highly praised [Yuchun], stating “unlike other young people, [Park Yuchun] is serious and seems to worry about acting. I’m being greatly influenced by [Yuchun] always giving off bright energy and always working hard.”

On this, Park Yuchun put on a shy smile and created a warm atmosphere by replying, “I saw Kim Seungwoo senior first amongst the lead actors. He is much more nicer and considerate than how he appears on dramas or entertainment programs.”

…omitted..

Source. 

Arts News

Kang Haejung lavishes Yuchun with praise: YC is a well-mannered, “Soft City Man”

247907_2.jpg

Actor Kang Haejung named actor Yuchun as “Bu-Do-Nam” and lavished him with various praise.

…omitted…Kang Haejung revealed Yuchun’s (who is known as a mannered-man amongst actors) true self, “Yuchun is a Bu-Do-Nam (T/N: Kang Haejung is shortening a phrase into 3 letters here. Bu is the first part of the Korean word meaning “soft,” Do is the first part of the Korean word meaning “city,” and name is the first part of the Korean word meaning “man”). It means soft city man. In the drama, Yuchun plays an heir to a hotel who is a charismatic leader, but to people around them is well-mannered and soft. And in fact, at the set, Yuchun really has manners ingrained in him. When I see him, this character isn’t something he is acting, but feels like is mirroring his everyday lifestyle.”

Furthermore, Kang Haejung expressed her love for Yuchun, who is still a rookie actor but tries his best on set, stating “Yuchun sleeps one hour a day and switches back and forth between his singer and acting activities, but I have never seen him make mistakes on his lines on set. Because it’s a come-back piece after a long time for me, I continuously make mistakes and often forget my lines entirely… but when I see Yuchun, I’m amazed by his ability to remember all the lines and have to keep asking [how he does it].

At this, Park Yuchun attracted attention by replying modestly, “I actually don’t have great memory, but when I have something I like, I become completely immersed. Right now, because I like acting, I think I have fun despite being tired. I really like meeting senior actors on set, and am having fun shooting because the atmosphere on set is good.”

…omitted…

Source. 

Dailian

Translation by. 

withJYJ

~*We will always be with JYJ!!*~

Please remove with full credits

Archived