[Drama 2011] Miss Ripley 미스 리플리

Guest JPhylls

Guest au_dinosaur

*ignores thread drama above/on previous page*

Character Synopses are out, I haven't seen this particular version posted here yet so:

[TRANS] 110518 Ripley – Character Synopsis

ripley_cast01.jpg

Jang Miri (Actress : Lee Da Hae)

Japanese Name : Mirai

“The one who bears a lonely soul, howling in a world of darkness.”

Straightforward, confident, fears nothing, and very realistic….

She was abandoned by her parents as a child, and doesn’t trust society  and people. Therefore, she is emotionally violent, vain, selfish and  very greedy. After being adopted in Japan, she was sold to a club to pay  off her stepfather’s debts, and led a life of dread. She then escapes  back to Korea, and begins working in a hotel, beginning her new life.

ripley_cast02.jpg

Jang Myeong Hoon (Actor : Kim Seung Woo)

Hotel’s Managing Director

“Always aiming for No. 1, and often becoming No. 1, the perfect man.”

A man of few words, cautious, accurate, calm, with a strong sense of  responsibility. Once he decides on something, he will never look back….

In short, he is a man who has never messed up, a trustworthy elite, but  not someone you can lean on. He meets Miri, who will stop at nothing to  achieve her goals. Initially, he plans to fire Miri but soon discovers  her good points, and helps her to succeed. In the end, he is unable to  control himself and falls in love with her.

ripley_cast03.jpg

Yutaka (Actor : Park Yoochun)

Heir to Mondo Resorts, Korean Name : Song Yoo Hyun

“Cautious, only seeking the truth… This generation’s Prince Charming”

Buried in his heart is his longing for his birth mother.

At the same time, he often feels apologetic to his step-mother, who is  unable to have children of her own, and because of this, hopes that she  can be involved in the running of the company as well. He has a strong  relationship with his step-mother, and returns to the country for the  resort. He meets Miri at the study hostel where he is temporarily  residing in, and realises that Miri also shares a similar loneliness….

ripley_cast04.jpg

Moon Hui Joo (Actress : Kang Hye Jung)

Miri’s Younger Sister from the Orphanage

“Obedient, innocent, weak, pure, yet smart and quick witted.”

Losing her parents to a traffic accident, she became an orphan at a young age.

Her body is weak, and she is very introverted, always quiet at the  orphanage. She liked Miri from the first time they met, because Miri was  her exact opposite, with strong opinions. She likes following Miri  around, and when Miri was adopted to Japan, she whole-heartedly wished  that Miri would find happiness, a warm-hearted child.

Source : [BaiduTVXQ + iMBC]

Translated & Shared by : dongbangdata.net

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm good, thanks for sharing though, lol.

Even if joking there must be some merit of truth in what the actors are jokingly saying in the article.  I don't  want to see LDH criticized for her "character" being mean or aloof to another "character" portrayed by idol fans.  So, I'm cool as I'm only watching this one for LDH to see how she can do.  The others are icing on the cake and I hope they do well.

I'm not hating like some on this thread which is why I will reserve my involvement for Dramabeans when or if she recaps this drama as this thread is very hostile to anyone who will dare to write anything negative about Y I see.  Tsk, tsk.

This not the first time a thread has turned hostile on Sooompi, so relax I'm bouncing. :phew:

Enjoy!

hmmm, sweetheart, you just can't give up, huh?

maybe they were just complaining/envious about "someone's" popularity;

could they be?

so far, i don't see "LDH criticized for her "character" being mean or aloof to another "character" portrayed by idol fans"

but turn back the pages, maybe you do see the other way around?

now, run along.

don't come back bother this old unnie/ahjimma fan of "someone."

chillax~~

ps. i hope you do well, too.

Guest dovey

Even if joking there must be some merit of truth in what the actors are jokingly saying in the article.  I don't  want to see LDH criticized for her "character" being mean or aloof to another "character" portrayed by idol fans.  So, I'm cool as I'm only watching this one for LDH to see how she can do.  The others are icing on the cake and I hope they do well.

I'm not hating like some on this thread which is why I will reserve my involvement for Dramabeans when or if she recaps this drama as this thread is very hostile to anyone who will dare to write anything negative about Y I see.  Tsk, tsk.

This not the first time a thread has turned hostile on Sooompi, so relax I'm bouncing. :phew:

Enjoy!

I'm good, thanks for sharing though, lol.

Enjoy!

For the record Yoochuns fanclub is one of the most charitable in korea, and has already spent 10's of thousands od dollars to get proper medical treatment for kids who have undergo major treatment . and thats only one small ajumma exclusive fanclub.

JYJ fans also donated the most rice last year compared to everybody else

Yoochuns fans will not only take care of Yoochun they will also take care of LDH/KSW/KHJ to a T.

BTW This drama only got sold to Japan because of Yoochun and his FANS tongue2.gif

Sincerely a major Yoochun fan who has liked LDH since My Girl and counts KHJ as one of her favourite actresses

Guest evelyn168

I have to say that I'm already into watching this drama. It's because of Kim Seung Woo and Kang Hye Jung. I really like their acting and from the previews, I gotta say, they attract me the most.

I also want to see how much Yoochun matured in his acting...

Guest ripgal

Can't we all just get aloooong? *singing*

:ph34r:  

And why are we all putting labels on each other as just so and so fans? I am taking interest in the show not just because I like Lee Da Hae (unpopular opinion nowadays, I know) but I genuinely think this show has a shot of being a powerful melodrama. And that includes support for every single one of the cast, writers and the PD.

Come on, let us not start on the wrong foot now.

I think the article was written kinda iffy in the first place, if you are not familiar with the jokes about Kpop fans, it does not come across right, but it seems like the actors were talking in jest. PYC did pretty well in SKKS and the fans supported him in that drama, with his on-screen partner, so I think we will be in good hands.

Ditto. ^_^

Peace out peace out.

All we want is some healthy and constructive discussion here. =D

Loving everyone in the trailer, and Micky, he's just one big endearing teddy bear. Love love his smile!

Guest sharmainly

Btw did someone think of the couples' names? It's too long to have to write down their full names haha...

MIRI AND YUTAKA = MIKA OR YURI COUPLE :wub:

MYUNGHOON AND MIRI = MYUNGRI COUPLE :w00t:

YUTAKA AND HEEJU = YUJU OR YUHEE COUPLE :D

any other suggestions???

Guest thanhdda10

That is so sad that they have to be afraid of someone's "fans".  I hope his involvement does not ruin the drama if this is the case.  Seriously, why should they be afraid to "ACT" in a drama?

Who'd want to work with him then with this kind of reputation?

Seems like someone is barking at a wrong place here. since you have no respect to call "that person's name" I have no respect for you. it works both ways do you know that? If you cant see that the cast was joking by picking on Yoochun then I know you are here just want to voice up for attention. You surely got our attention. Now its time to back off and go elsewhere that you think your idol's invovlement wont ruin the drama. But just to let you know that if the artists can tell whether their drama is going to be successful or not then there is not box office flop isnt there? Didnt you know that SKKs which was the first frama Yoochun was in sold for $4 mil US to Japan and was on top number one on rent for 2 weeks? So to u it might be a flop but to other thousand out there it might be a success.

I thought you sounded like a butthurt or jealous child. what reputation are you implying here honey?

OK enough said so back off now, dont waste your breath in here if what you are going to say is not something constructive.

Guest JPhylls

Didnt you know that SKKs which was the first frama Yoochun was in sold for $4 mil US to Japan and was on top number one on rent for 2 weeks?

Oh babe it's 4 weeks xD, and we'll know if this week will be the 5th haha...

any other suggestions???

Yutaka - Miri can also be named as Yumi. Yumi, Yuri, Mika, all r beautiful, how can we make a choice? wub.gif

I'll go for Yuju for Yutaka - Heeju couple xD... 

any other suggestions???

Miri and Yutaka =Yuri is nice even Yumi suggested by JPhylls is good .Even Miyu is there i am confused LOL.

Myunghoon and Miri = Myungri is too long how is Miho or Mimy or Mymi ? :)

I will go with Yuju too for Yutaka and Heeju.

just a grumpy old woman's nagging:

respect is mutual

and you work hard to earn respect from others.

================

back to my Miss Ripley..

WHAT?

this can't be true!!!!

my miri loves both men?!!!!!!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

"YuMi is real!"

*winks to princess & phylls*

67de5a15jw1dhcp5ydby3j.jpg

w/ chinese trans

671f4973jw1dhcwtmhn9mj.jpg

basically, miri & yutaka + miri & jang are "lovers" relationships

and, heejoo has one way crush on yutaka

jang is the general manager of "a" hotel

and, miri later works at "a" hotel

yutaka is the heir of mondo resort

and looks like "a" hotel & mondo resort are not related?

-----------------

and have we posted these before?

kim jung tae is such a funny guy! hahaha

6ececabajw1dhcug8lvl9j.jpg

RkJ3L.jpg

the chinese translation reads: filming at subway station, kim jung tae oppa took a picture of me asleep..saying it's a different flavor da hae..and in the picture, there's our make-up artist with total professionalism, hehe

--------------

da hae's twitter pics on 5/19 kst:

rynHk.jpg

lpHuA.jpg

TmRmR.jpg

Ax9GJ.jpg

1yAmd.jpg

all info credit to: http://www.lovekoreastar.com/

Guest fannypak

[TRANS] 110519 Miss Ripley Main Cast – Interviews                                                                 

The press conference for MBC’s new Monday-Tuesday drama “Miss Ripley” was held at the Banyan Tree Hotel at 11am on 17 May.

At the moment, three of the broadcast stations are airing romantic  comedies, and “Miss Ripley” will be the only melodrama, which brings to  the audiences the greed and pretense that human beings are capable of.  We meet the four main characters during this press conference. They play  roles that were very different from what they have done in the past,  and therefore the actors too, are excited to meet with the audiences.

Below is the Q & A session with Kim Seung Woo, Lee Da Hae, Kang Hye Jung, and Park Yoochun

(All other cast interviews have been omitted – Names have been abbreviated for the interview)

Yoochun's interview (much of his answers have already been reported so I put this under spoiler):

Park Yoochun reprises the role of a wealthy heir, “I really wanted to act in a true melodrama”

<span >

YC: I really wanted to challenge a melodrama. I was the last one to  be confirmed for this drama, and when I saw the seniors that have been  confirmed, I really wanted to appear with them, so I told  (Representative Baek) , “I want to participate (in this drama.)” I hope  to hear things like “His acting has improved since his first project.”

In Sungkyunkwan Scandal you  were playing a “perfect” role, and this time it is also the role of a  “perfect” heir to a conglomerate, are there any similarities between  them and your actual character?

YC: In actual fact, I prefer simplicity. I avoid going to expensive  restaurants, unless there is a special occasion, otherwise I wouldn’t  usually go. I usually go once a year with my mother. I don’t really like  these things…..Yutaka is similar to me in this way.

Are there any similarities between you and this role?

YC:  Yutaka’s first scene in the drama is the scene where he returns  to the country. He will present himself on screen in a friendly and  polite matter. When he has some spare time, or when he is naturally  polite, you can see the environment where he grew up in. However, this  is not to say that he has no troubles, but it is due to a painful  incident in his past, that makes him what he is now.  This is my  favourite part (of the role) and I hope that I can express this part (of  him) well.

Due to your previous project, you managed to gain a lot of older female fans. Do you think this will be the case this time?

YC:  Compared to other issues in this drama, I want to commit to the  acting. I will be working on this project with a learning mindset.  Compared to my debut work,  the responsibility has become greater.  This  is something I’m very concerned with.  I am not “switching to acting  because my singing activities have been restricted,” and I am really  serious about acting as a profession. I started out as a singer, but  once I start acting, I hope to do a good job of it.

By the later episodes of  “Sungkyunkwan Scandal,” we could see that you had been overstretched.  How do you intend to manage your physical condition this time?

YC: There is no way of managing it. I really have no time to concern  myself with my physical condition. Once I immerse myself in a project,  I  concentrate all my energies on it, and even though it can be tiring, or  exhausting, but I still find it interesting. Even if I don’t get enough  sleep, I’m still really happy.

We understand that you have to use a lot of Japanese in this role. Were there any difficulties?

YC: Speaking Japanese is not difficult, however when speaking in  another language, the tone changes. When speaking in Japanese, Park  Yoochun’s tone of voice appears, instead of Yutaka’s . Therefore, I am  very cautious about this, and I’m working on it.

The 4 main casts’ “Worst Lie Ever Told In Their Lives”

SW : Saying that “I’m not interested in popularity.” When I was  younger, I said many similar things, but as an actor, ultimately, it is  always about the love for acting. I think many actors think the same  way.

DH:  Little slips of paper for cheating. When I was studying in  Australia, I secretly cheated using little slips of paper. Because there  is a lot more freedom in Australia compared to Korea, and even though  we cheated together, we scored zero marks, and from then on I decided  never to make those little slips again. When I was cheating, I felt like  my heart was going to fall out onto the floor.

HJ: The lie that I most often tell is when people ask me “Have you  eaten?” and I reply “Yes~” I always feel like if I say that “I haven’t  eaten,” there will be many issues that arise, so for convenience sake, I  would lie and say that I have eaten.

YC: I often say such lies as well.

The 4 main casts’ “Ripley’s Viewership Ratings”

SW: Saying that “I’m not interested in ratings” would be a lie too!  I’m really interested. My first goal is to top the viewership ratings,  among the terrestrial broadcast channels’ and their competing works.   For the first episode, I hope to get a double digit rating.

DH: Even if we start off as no. 1, I hope that we won’t end up as no. 2! I hope that the viewership ratings will keep rising.

HJ: I hope that we can get double digit ratings right from the first episode.

YC: I would just like it if we never dipped below a percentage once we hit it.”

MBC’s new Monday-Tuesday Drama “Miss Ripley” (Screenplay: Kim Sun  Young, Director: Choi Yee Seob) is a story about a woman who happens to  tell a lie, which leads to a string of lies which eventually leads to  destruction. It will be aired on 30 May, after “The Duo.

(T/N:  The translator is not responsible for the discrepancies in information between interviews/articles)

Source : [

BaiduRipleyBar + Topstarnews.net]

Translated & Shared by : dongbangdata.net

this vid is absolutely hilarious!!!

kim seung woo is one humorous ahjussi!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

@yujini:大叔GAG好有sense,对记者说你是搞砸员吗(杂志人员谐音)

ahjussi was so full of gag sense; he told the magazine people "are you a screw up-er?"

T/N: kim ahjussi used homonym 砸 (screw up) & 杂 (first word of magazine) (apply to both korean & chinese) to tease the magazine reporter, hahhahahaha

@天下米仓:【记者提问把有天叫成了“micky有”,大叔用批评的

口吻开玩笑问记者:“‘micky有’是什么啊?‘英雄在’?

”有天一起笑道“‘细亚俊’?”大叔接着说“'micky有'回答吧,这问

题毁掉了”】有爱有地位的金承佑大叔,记者连道歉有天笑

到岔气肚疼忘记问题。转载注明天下米仓http://t.cn/heWhNs

chinese translation reads: the reporter mistook yuchun as "micky yu,"

kim ahjussi told the reporter in the tone of a critic:" what's micky yu? hero jae?"

yuchun added while laughing "xiah joo?"

and kim ahjussi continued "micky yu, answer the question! this question is screwed up/ruined!"

then the reporter apologized.

and yuchun laughed so hard that he forgot to answer the question!!!

Who is "Micky Yu"?

Guest imogene_af

I wonder if the hotel and Mondo Resort are direct competitors or something? Miri may use Yutaka to damage a competitor? I don't know. Steal their secrets? Something.

Kim Jung Tae is always really funny, he was also amazing with Lee Da Hae in "Robbers"... he was such a kind and clumsy guy in that drama... so it is a bit weird for me seeing him as Miri's pimp/bf.

Guest thanhdda10

I am a fan of Kang hye Jung and a biggest fan of Park Yoochun so I will go for Yu-Ju couple. i thought that hotel is belong to thr Mondo Resort. a resort has a number of hotel, golf club...blah blah and the hotel KSW ajussi working for belong to Yutaka. but I might be wrong.

Thanks all for the translations and updates.

MBC has released official stills of Red headed Miri, Article from Allkpop

Lee Da Hae becomes a redhead for “Ripley”

20110518_leedahae_1.jpg

For MBC’s upcoming drama “Ripley“, actress Lee Da Hae has made a dramatic transformation by donning a firey red wig for her character, ‘Jang Miri’.

The actress plays the role of a woman who’s thrust into a doomed life because of a lie she mistakenly makes. Her life is already depressing in that she’s forced to work at a bar as a hostess in order to overcome her poverty-stricken life.

20110519_lee_dahae_3.jpg

The new still-cuts revealed today feature scenes of ‘Miri’ plotting with ‘Hirayama’ for her escape from the bar. Unlike the classy image she’s usually known for, Lee Da Hae went for a more daring and seductive style to complete her character’s look. The style was completely put together by Lee Da Hae herself, as she reportedly went around dozens of wig shops to personally pick one she thought fit best.

Producers stated, “Lee Da Hae talked it over with the director and writers in order to perfect her character’s tragic life, so we ask for you to anticipate how she will interpret the character in her own way.”

The pilot episode is scheduled to air on May 30th.

20110518_leedahae_2.jpg

Source+ Photos: TV Report via Nate

Also it seems that T-ara Park Ji-yeon will make a cameo apperance in Miss Ripley, Here is the news:

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201105200911021002

201105200911021002_1.jpg

Guest ngthuhien149

Guys, you remember Yoon-sama's role in Hotelier? Yutaka is sorta like him. The hotel has a lot of potential but never been invested enuff (somehow relates to the family conflict. Myunhoon does not have much right to manage the hotel, it still belongs to his wife's family). So Monto wants to collect it as one of their branch hotel and make profit from it. What Yutaka does may be just like Bae in Hotelier, use some method to weaken the hotel and force Myunhoon to give it to him with cheap price. Of coz as a ambitious man like how Myunhoon is, he will never give up the hotel. So later when Yutaka figures out the truth ( remember he hates lies the most), he will be much more angrier and attack both, his betrayal and his rival. What Myunhoon does to cover Miri's lies of coz will bring bad reputation for the hotel, Yutaka may take advantage of that to do what he wants, reveal the truth and also collect the hotel

Guest intan

Hi everyone,

I’m looking forward for “Miss Ripley”. I’m a Yoochun’s fan so before this I followed the fun drama “Sungkyungkwan Scandal” but I think I might like a more serious and sad drama like “Ripley” haha. I think it’s gonna be full of conflicts and twists. I already like it based from the teasers, got to see some preview of great storyline, characters and acting.

Lee Dae Hee – Her acting is indeed very good and strong based on the teasers. Can feel the sufferings and strong emotions in her. I only watched she acted very goofy in “My Girl” and I think her acting was okay there. For me it’s very refreshing to see her take the serious role of Miri it’s a good opportunity for her to show more depth in her acting. ^^ After I saw Ripley’s teaser I think she’s a very good actress. I think the story will revolve around Miri the most in this drama and I don’t have a problem with that. It’ll be interesting to see what her decision by the end of the story..regarding her life decision and the man in her life.

Yoochun – As a YC’s fan, when I watched SKKS, it’s hard for me to watch YC’s acting because it’s really different from his character in real life but I think it’s comfortable for me to see him as Yutaka as I see the resemblance between “Park Yoochun” and “Yutaka” haha I agree with what Kang Hye Jung shi said about YC “In the drama, Yuchun plays an heir to a hotel who is a charismatic leader, but to people around them is well-mannered and soft. And in fact, at the set, Yuchun really has manners ingrained in him. When I see him, this character isn’t something he is acting, but feels like is mirroring his everyday lifestyle.”…This is sort of like YC though some other times he can be soooooo dorky and crazy too haha…back to the drama, I think his character will be so heartbroken in this drama ~_~ “I have the world but everything is fake” and his character looks innocent too lol Yoochun ah.. (even he’s 25, 30 he will still have that boyish cute looks haha ..) ***Also, I’m excited to hear YC speaks Japanese in the drama, can rarely hear him speaks Japanese these days -_- ..and maybe a bit of English too ^^ For his acting, I’ll leave this to other viewers and Korean netizens to evaluate. Sometimes it’s difficult for me as his fan to evaluate his acting because I’ve watched him too much as Yoochun, and it's difficult to just see him as the character in the drama, I will be ale to see the "Yoochun" side haha I So I feel safe to let other people who does not really know YC so well to evaluate..but I also might give some comments after I watched several episodes.

Kim Seung Woo – I don’t watch a lot of drama and I’m very picky too in choosing a drama so I don’t really know this actor haha I think I never watched his acting, but based from the teasers he definitely looks very charismatic and it seems that he’s a very well known and respected actor, so I really have confident in him (he even has to go to psychotherapy cause he's too immerse in his character..wow) His character seems a bit pitiful ^^ To be cheated by a woman at that age and will probably lost everything…plus the oppression from his ex wife. So the question, will his reputation be tormented in this drama? Actually it’s difficult to see him couple with Dae Hee lol, the age difference :sweatingbullets: so I really don’t know how this is going be..but despite being Yutaka’s rival, his character seems like a nice man…it seems like he’s caught in the middle

Kang Hye Jung – Her character is so lovable! >.< Never watched her acting before but I cannot help from falling in love with her character already. I agree what some of you said about her..typical clumsy, cute lovable character…plus intelligent too. It’s heart-warming to see her interactions with Yutaka, they’re both cute, kind and lovable. Too bad usually people will fall with someone from opposite character, as what Yutaka experience with Miri..so don’t know how it will be among these three..Miri, Yutaka & Heeju

***At first I don’t know why Yoochun choose to act in Ripley but after I saw the teaser, I think he indeed made a smart choice again (after SKKS ^^). It’s really different compared to his previous drama, the mood in the story, the character and even the wardrobe keke so it’s really refreshing to watch his role in this drama, agree that he’s not like other idols who choose to act in teenage drama. Also, he chose to act with really experienced and good actor and actresses so that he can learn from them, a very humble choice ^^ I think the dramas that have been airing in Korea lately are all the fun genres right, so maybe a more serious drama like “Miss Ripley” will catch viewers attention for those who wants a change of mood..and it’s probably gonna catch more adults viewers, YC’s ahjumma fans will probably enjoy this and promote YC and “Ripley” even more haha. Hope “Ripley gets double digits rating. ^^

***I cringed reading some of the disagreements in this thread. Don't drag it too much >.< enjoy the thread okay..so that more people will join in the fun ^^

Share something about Yoochun :P

Micky Yoochun - Piano Lover^^

Micky Yoochun singing 'She'

Archived