[Drama 2011] Miss Ripley 미스 리플리

Guest JPhylls

Guest imogene_af

If I remember right... in the original synopsis, her character had to work at bars and streets by force since she was sold into prostitution, am I right?

We have quite a different heroine in this drama.

:lol: Jin Goo from Robbers

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ripgal

LDH's official poster stills from Ripley? Looks like she's going all out for the fatale vibe..

But I love it, Goddess Miri? haha

PS11051100018.JPG

1305073371_158248.jpg

credits: edaily/tvdaily

WOOOOOW :w00t: , our heroine posters are GREAT love them :wub: :wub:. Miri is really a different character and I like how LDH is showing it in these photos.

Can't wait for all the other posters of the all the cast.

An article from allkpop, love how LDH described of the character "A Rose Like Character" :wub::

Lee Da Hae was inspired by roses for her “Ripley” photoshoot

20110511_1305078103_28379800_1.jpg

On May 11th, MBC released posters of actress Lee Da Hae for their upcoming drama, “Ripley“.

The photoshoot was held at the MBC Dream Center, and it aimed to bring out her character’s two-fold charms. Emphasizing her femininity with a fierce red dress, the star exuded a femme fatale charm. When one looks closer, however, there’s a sense of innocence in her facial expression that lures the viewer in.

Staff members commented, “Every picture looked perfectly suitable for a high class photoshoot. Even when she was turning her back to the camera, you could just sense what her facial expression was like.”

Lee Da Hae stated, “In this world, there are dull but endearing flowers like the dandelion, and there are also flowers like roses, which captivate you the moment you lay eyes on them. My character, ‘Miri’, is like a rose – she lures people in with her charms, as they remain oblivious of her thorns. I’ll be working my best to accurately portray ‘Miri’, a woman who lives life her own way.”

The main plot for “Ripley” centers around the hypocrisy and desires of people.

It revolves around a woman’s unintentional lie, which ultimately disturbs the lives of those around her by exposing their truths and secrets.

The pilot episode will air on May 30th.

Source: Star News via Nate

Another article from hancinema, love what the staff said "There is an expression on her back too" that is sooo true :wub: .

Lee Da-hae transforms Femme Fatale "Attractive as a rose"

Lee Da-hae in new MBC drama "Ripley" showed off femme fatale beauty from charming to shocking.

According to MBC on the 11th, Lee Da-hae was at a 'double attraction' poster shoot in Ilsan MBC Dream Center on the 29th.

She wore a strong red dress that emphasized her neck and waist.

The staff said, "There is an expression on her back too", "Every picture is a photo collection", and gathered around the photo line, delaying the shoot to some point.

After the poster shoot Lee Da-hae introduced herself saying, "There are pure and friendly flowers like the dandelion and flowers like the rose which is so splendidly unforgettable. Mi-ri is a woman like a rose with sharp thorns and the ability to capture people. I will do my best to best portray Mi-ri who stands against the world in her own way".

Meanwhile, "Ripley" is a traditional mellow drama which questions the value of life between greedy desire and true love. Through a woman who falls into a hole so deep she can't get out because of one thing she said, we can see the two sides of people towards desire.

Source : http://news.nate.com/view/20110511n05119?mid=e0101 ( Korean )

Guest hanabluefaith

[PICS] 110511 FILMING FOR RIPLEY

anhso-212131_5jnsb.jpg  

Credit : namgoong_s @ twiiter

Shared by PYC Soompi

Guest au_dinosaur

LDH's official poster stills from Ripley? Looks like she's going all out for the fatale vibe..

But I love it, Goddess Miri? haha

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

credits: edaily/tvdaily

Lee Da Hae looks smokin' hot!!!!!!!  I don't know if Yoochun can handle her! lol

[NEWS] Power of Park Yoochun– Ripley Rights Advance-Sold to Japan

“Power of Park Yoochun” Each Drama In Which He Appears, Advance-Sale to Japan

yc.jpg

It is fitting of a Korean Wave star famous in Japan. The new Monday-Tuesday Mini-series of MBC “Ripley” will be exported to Japan. From the last year’s KBS Drama “Sungkyunkwan Scandal” to this “Ripley” have been advance-sold to Japan due to the sole reason that Park Yoochun is the lead.

The production team of “Ripley” let it out that recently the airing rights to Japan has been sold. “Ripley” is a drama that will handle the story of a woman who is destroyed to lies that beget another. Due to the reason that it was planned on the inspiration of the incident in which Shin Jungah fabricated her academic credentials, it became a topic of conversation among viewers. Park Yoochun appears as the lead who loves the woman (Lee Dahae) who is caught in the lies.

“Sungkyunkwan Scandal” in which Park Yoochun first showed himself as an actor was also sold at an unconventional price (estimated to be approximately 3,000,000,000 KRW) prior to its airing last year (T/N: approximately 3 million USD). When taking into account the fact that “Sungkyunkwan Scandal” was a 20-episode work, “Ripley” which is a 16-episode work is estimated to be exported for 2,500,000,000 KRW (approximately 2.5 million USD).

Ripley will air starting on the 30th as the follow-up to “Zhackpae”.

Source

Hankooki

Translation Credit

JYJ3

[NEWS] Yoochun “Ripley” Shows Off His Comfort in Japanese

Park Yoochun, “Flowing in Japanese Lines– JYJ, I Thank You!”

ripleytrans.jpg

Singer / Actor Park Yoochun is displaying the Japanese skills he acquired as a Korean Wave singer to his heart’s content.

Park Yoochun, who has taken the role of the Japanese Yutaka for the new MBC Mon-Tues drama “Ripley” that begins airing on the 30th have a command of the Japanese akin to that of a native. The production team confirmed the Japanese skills of Park Yoochun which was higher than their expectations and increased the portion of Japanese lines.

Park Yoochun has taken the role of the successor to a famous resort who was born under a Japanese mother and grew up in Japan in his second drama as a lead, “Ripley.” He has a warm character but when working he is cool-headed. In expressing this uniqueness Park Yoochun speaks much of the lines in Japanese. Park Yoochun, in being active as group JYJ, has acquired abilities that are to the degree of appearing with his members in Japan’s popular variety programs and have a battle of words.

One production affiliate revealed: “Because Park Yoochun has for a long time been active in Japan and released albums, his Japanese abilities are significant. In the beginning the Japanese lines were few but after the author saw his abilities in almost every episode there are some Japanese lines.”

“Ripley” is also a drama that gathers attention because of his new transformation. Yoochun, who debuted as an actor through KBS 2TV’s “Sungkyunkwan Scandal,” will show off through “Ripley” a grown-up male appeal. If “Sungkyunkwan Scandal” was a youth melodrama, “Ripley” is a melodrama in which the leads head towards destruction—and on this point the transformation of Park Yoochun is gathering anticipation.

Sports Donga

Source

Translation Credit

JYJ3

Guest JPhylls

[iNFO] RIPLEY PRESS CONFERENCE ON MAY 17TH 

555os.jpg

Cre: C-JeS + MickySD 

I heard City Hunter would have their press conference on the same day =.= 

[PICS] 110512 STALKING YC FILMING RIPLEY

89db46597a8411b608fa93a.jpg

ec32bd8d18292687a144dfa.jpg

This one is from yesterday

369b898739f8db838c10297a.jpg

CRE: AS TAGGED + TWITTER + MICKYSD 

Shared by: PYC Soompi 

Guest starlight tears

Interesting... I'll watch this one... hope this drama receives a lot of love and a lot of translator so we can enjoy it so much better!

LDH pictures looks really interesting! Looking forward for a fun drama.

I am totally looking forward to RIPLEY ^__^

i heard withs2 will be subbing this.

They are a bit slow (even though the subs are definitely top notch) and i dont like Dark smurfs so does anyone know if Viki will be releasing Soft Subs?

There's also the possibility that JYJ subs (there are actually Two JYJ subbing teams as far as i know ) will sub it.

I was just on DB and even though i adore JB from the tone of the articles i get the feeling that she's a bit pissed (probably because she gets bashed in the comments section) and i feel like she wont be recapping this. maybe its just me who is feeling this but still tears.giftears.giftears.gif

I hope she will atleast let guest recappers do it.

I'm a bit sad about this because i feel like Ripley will actually be different.

I was looking forward to ALL the may dramas bar city hunter and even Lie to me has failed to fully capture my interest. The only one i feel attached to is best love.

Ripley's premise is much more promising. When you're getting an overload of sugar you need something meatier to balance it out.

Chunnie/LDH/KHJ/KSW Fighting!

Guest floralai

[NEWS] Yoochun Interview on Ripley, Acting, and Yutaka

201105130931191119_1.jpg

Park Yoochun: “To Worry about Acting is Happy and Enjoyable.”

Park Yoochun has stepped out to transform his character into a warm “city male” Yutaka in the new MBC Monday-Tuesday drama “”Ripley.”

Park Yoochun visited the Ilsan MBC Dream Center to shoot the posters for “Ripley.” He made live the attraction of untaintedness and city-like sophistication of Yutaka with a white suit that was highlighted in black on the collars.

Park Yoochun introduced his character as follows: If Lee Sunjoon of ‘Sungkyunkwan Scandal’ is a someone who is clumsy at expressing his feelings and whose structure is similar to a (question with a) definite objective answer, then Yutaka in “Ripley” is a man whose emotions are full and has no hesitation in expressing them, similar to a (question with a) subjective answer.”

Continuing, Park Yoochun revealed his enthusiasm: “I learned from the previous work that it is a very difficult thing to be absolutely absorbed in the character. However, the time that I spent fiercely worrying about the character was truly a happy and enjoyable one. I am excited at the thought of being able to show a different image.”

At the time of the poster shooting, Park Yoochun devoted himself to the shooting until the last moment even though he had not fully recovered from his run to the emergency room due to the acute enteritis, and so received a round of applause from the staff on set.

At the same time, “Ripley” in which Lee Dahae, Kang Hyejung, and Kim Seungwoo appear along with Park Yoochun has as its background a hotel in the city of the 21st century that leads the economy and the market for cultural fashion. It handles work, love, and the splendored success and the failures, and the desires and the loves of the men which are hidden in them. This authentic melodrama first airs on the coming 30th at 9:55PM.

Source: My Daily

Translation Credit: JYJ3

Guest floralai

[FANMADE] RIPLEY POSTERS

So sorry that when I made it I could not find Kang poster so I did these poster with only 3.

Ripley.jpg

Ripley2.jpg

Soompi3.jpg

Credit: Flora0608

Shared by: PYC SOOMPI

Guest ngthuhien149

HD Yoochun's Stand Still for Ripley

11775_201105131232471_p.jpg?w=682&h=1024

BfJqa.jpg

11775_201105131232472_p.jpg?w=682&h=1024

Bonus:

297103756.png