[Drama 2011] Miss Ripley 미스 리플리

Guest JPhylls

Guest sharmainly

While discussing the appearance of the 4 people, however, the Ripley cast received the answer from the producers pf whether it would be okay for them if only the 3 excluding Park Yoochun could appear. The affiliates explained that in the end, the entire cast had decided to treat the appearance in “Come to Play” as something that never happened.

fury.gif so childish of the producers to act in that way.. im out of words.. fury.gif uggh!!!

its so obvious they dont want to include YOOCHUN!! duh.. were not that stupid.. :angry:

SM SO MANIPULATIVE!!! fury.gif

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HelloDreamer

^ I love SM family, just not SME at times like this -_-''! It's not the first time this happened and it sucks that Korean entertainment is being controlled by Korean Companies. Using excuses as having too many "already filmed" clips not shown yet. Oh please. Anyways,  I really wanted to see them on Come to Play...but glad his cast mates understand and stand by his side! It's okay. He did well on SKK and the ratings were great even without having lots of show/variety promotions for it! So no worries!!! :D

Hahahs filming pictures look cute. Father wearing black tie, white suit while son wearing white tie, black suit!

Guest fannypak

[NEWS] Interviewing Park Yoochun for MBC’s Entertainment News Program “Section TV” Was Also Cancelled

Posted on May 2, 2011 by jyj3

Park Yoochun (Who is) Appearing in “Ripley”—Blacklisted for MBC’s Variety Shows?

03093305921_60800030.jpg

The MBC Mon-Tues drama Ripley’s lead actors’ appearance in variety programs has become aborted and the background that led to it is gathering attention.

According to multiple broadcast affiliates, the lead actors of Ripley such as Park Yoochun, Lee Dahae, Kang Hyejung, and Kim Seungwoo have examined/felt out appearing in the MBC variety program “Come to Play” since the end of last month, but in the end, the appearance fell through.

On the surface, “Come to Play” (first) raised the reason that because one of the leads Kim Seungwoo appears as the MC in the program “On the Roll” by the rival broadcast company KBS, the possibility of the four main actors appearing together was low. 

However, after even Kim Seungwoo showed the intention to appear (despite the) difficulty, it suggested the plan to have only the 3 excluding Park Yoochun appear. In the end, the appearance by the Ripley cast on “Come to Play” has become naught.

Further, the MBC Entertainment Program “Section TV Entertainment Communication” also cancelled the interview of the set of the photographing for the Ripley poster that took place on the 29th of last month. On the set of the poster-making, only MBC’s “Feeling-good Day” and “Entertainment Plus” teams proceeded with the interviews. “Feeling-good Day” is categorized as a Cultural program (T/N: That is, not a “variety program”).

Generally, it was the custom of the entertainment news programs that they progress with the interviews at the set of the poster-filming for the promotion of the drama of their own company. Furthermore, “Section TV Entertainment Communication” had set aside (in their schedule) the Ripley Interview beforehand but suddenly cancelled, which adds questions.

Relating to this, “Section TV Entertainment Communication” saved their words, saying that “it was because on that day we were flooded with items to air.” However, inside MBC’s variety department, the word that in the end SM Entertainment’s influence had a play is circulating openly. One PD of the variety department who requested that he remain anonymous sighed, saying: “Why do you ask when you already know. We’re also in the position in which we have to be wary (T/N: literally, attempt to read one’s mind in order to do what he wants).”

Park Yoochun also hardly could appear in variety programs of KBS at the time when he appeared in his past project, the KBS drama “Sungkyunkwan Scandal” which was a huge success. He has sometimes appeared in news programs or current events programs on public television after his conflict with his management agency, but the reality is that he is unable to climb over the wall of the department of variety programs.

Source

No Cut News

Translation Credit

JYJ3

This hasn't just been with Ripley PR, JYJ has faced this blacklist for a long time now.  It's just that Yoochun being in a KBS drama or MBC drama while those two broadcaster's entertainment departments are blatantly blocking them  dramatizes the situation even more so I'm really glad to see news articles about this!

Basically, Yoochun and Jaejoong are highly sought after by dramas (even though the production company knows it makes promoting the drama harder in Korea) because YC and JJ pretty much guarantee a high selling price to Japan --> production gets bigger budget to make the drama --> better production values and overall drama.  So production companies have a lot to gain from JYJ's popularity both inside and outside Korea even if there are obstacles.

Guest 3muses

[NEWS] Park Yoochun and Lee DahaeBoast Perfect Harmony On First Filming

Posted on May 2, 2011 by jyj3

Ripley’s Park Yoochun-LeeDahae, Goes into First Filming, Boasts “Perfect Harmony”

The new MBC Monday-Tuesday drama“Ripley”—Lee Dahae and Park Yoochun have begun their first filming. Ripley,which will air for the first time on the coming May 30th, has the best actors of the Republicof Korea confirmed to appear, forming the uber-powerful “Ripley line” andrising as the hot issue of the broadcast circles.

Lee Dahae has taken the role of ZhangMiri who falls into the fatal bottomless pit due to a single lie and plans emitan attraction of a femme fatale. Park Yoochun has taken the role of Yutaka, theson of a well-known resort company in Japan, and shows off the sides of aromantic man who gives it all for the woman he loves, Zhang Miri. The “powerfulharmony” that Lee Dahae and Park Yoochun will show is already gathering muchanticipation.

The first filming of Ripley which wasproceeded on the MBC set on Yongin, Kyungkido on the 22nd of last month opened fire withthe scene in which Lee Dahae and Park Yoochun first meet.

In the drama, Yutaka (Park Yoochun)is in the situation in which he has volunteered to live in a one-roomexamination-study-place (T/N: a shabby motel-like structure often used by poorstudents) in order to have experiences in Korea despite being the son of theCEO of a large company. The scene is one in which Yutaka runs into Zhang Miri(Lee Dahae) who is coming out of the elevator and and has a fateful meetingafter he arrives in the place and unpacks the luggage he has brought from Japanand while he is talking on the phone with his mother Lee Hwa (Choi Myungil).

On this day’s filming, Lee Dahae hadon a black baseball cap and leather jacket and had her hair in aseemingly-mussed natural long waves and gave off the aura of secrecy. ParkYoochun had a “straight young man” image, wearing a white V-neck shirt and ahood jumper and matching his jeans. That the mysterious combination that thetwo opened made the set heat up is the afterword.

In particular, even though this wasthe first filming Lee Dahae and Park Yoochun showed off a splendid harmony bypulling off the remarkable first meeting. It’s that the two put (into thecamera) tough emotion-scenes naturally and quite encouraged the atmosphere ofthe film set.

Park Yoochun, who above allmeticulously checked and again checked the script ahead of the first filming,showed his enthusiasm to complete the character of Yutaka by having in-depthconversations with the PD Choi Yisub time in between the filming and such. Themessage is that due to the enthusiastic attitude that Park Yoochun showed, thescene of the first filming became warm.

Ripley’s producer Curtaincall Mediarelayed: “Lee Dahae and Park Yoochun showed a perfect harmony which was hard tobelieve as their first time (filming together) despite the delicateemotion-scenes that were proceeded from the first filming. Since we see thempulling off their respective characters perfectly from the first filming, weanticipate that the best project will be born.”

Ripley is a drama in which one womanfalls into the pit of endless lies by having one lie that she toldunintentionally bear other lies, and in the end faces the crisis in which shemay lose everything due to the lies. Further, it is an authentic melodrama inwhich the two man who comes to love this woman with greedy desires come to havea conflict and also reconcile in the space between love and destruction.

Source

OSEN

TranslationCredit

JYJ3

Guest floralai

[PICS] YOOCHUN & LEE DAHAE IN RIPLEY

ycripley1.jpg

ycripley2.jpg

ycripley3.jpg

289881115.jpg

03093305921_60800030.jpg

Credits: DC TVXQ Gall

Shared by: PYC Soompi Threads

At last, the promotion for the drama has begun :w00t: I love the look of our couple together and how they talked about their harmony in the news :wub:. Thanks for posting the translation 3muses.

More photos:

e29e409fe0536df70a87d6b35fec3a97_large.jpg

92e7348556f21583b89b232ee338c202_large.jpg

18ce656b444d084bcda4a68f4bcf2212_large.jpg

I am really angry and sad that SM is interfering with the drama because of the issues with JYJ which will make us see less promotions and appearances of the cast. It is really a shame :angry:fury.gif

Anyway, that won't affect our support and excitement for the drama. RIPLEY FIGHTING :wub: :wub:

Guest Lily_Rose

But being the genere "melodrama"" it means it will end in tragedy or no "happily ever after (hea)" ?

I don't mind the dark tones if the ending is my needed hea.

According to LDH schedule on her Official Website, t seems that she is going overseas for Ripley shooting on 8th and 9th of May. They must be going to Japan at last. Hope things there are better now and they have a safe trip and stay there.

I wonder, did MBC opened an official page for the drama or not yet? does any of you guys know?

Here is a picture of the cast for "Ripley" from weibo:

327faf8c91e5699d50da4bad.jpg

Guest ngthuhien149

[Fanaccount] A lucky fan saw Yuchun shooting for Ripley!

I was walking from Ilsan Daehwa station to my house.

For some reason, I wanted to walk home. I turned down an offer to a ride back home from an acquaintance…

In an alley, there was a large bus with a title \\\\\Ripley\\\\\…

There was a van next to it…and 3 coordinators unnies I saw often in pictures…

What is this…this can’t be

I went ahead.. and there was a large crowd of people.

Did you see Micky Yuchun? He’s inside the van. He went inside to fix his makeup.. Huck.. [T/N: similar to *gasp*]

I froze from then point on in the front [T/N: it’s a bit unclear, but I think the poster means that she didn’t move away from the front of the van]

Ladies next to me were spazzing that they could see his eyes in the van,, sighing that [his] eyes are a work of art..

People were explaining who Yuchun was and explaining **sk being disbanded.. working as JYJ now…

In the midst of it all, finally the van’s noble door opened.

Huck,, someone in a gray suit with the beauty that can’t be seen in the real world walked by in front of me, no, many musuris [T/N: Musuri is a servant that worked at king's palace during the Chosun dynasty] and got in a car. People were screaming and spazzing he was extremely good-looking.

They were filming a car scene.

I finally saw him. How can I explain it.

I always wanted to see fresh Yuchun [T/N: see Yuchun in person, in real life] but on the other hand I was afraid my fantasy would be shattered after seeing him in person and didn’t want to see him.

But this is… [Yuchun] in real life…I can’t describe him with words. I have never seen such a good-looking man ever since I was born.

People were sighing ah, that \\\\\nose\\\\\.. really prominent. Elegantly prominent. His eyelashes, so vivid even from far away, are placed beautifully \\\\\beautifully\\\\\\. And I saw him sticking out his tongue in real life that I used to see in videos. A moment later, a junior high school girl next to me was saying \\\\\wow, he’s smiling\\\\\ and \\\\\I’m going crazy\\\\\, so I saw quickly. Seriously his laugh… paralyzes everything around him…

And I saw the person who plays the role of Yuchun’s friend in the show (I can’t remember his name) .

I was worried secretly, what if he looked better than our Yuchun [on TV] after seeing his picture on the internet…

Ah! That was a groundless fear.. can’t compare.

Yuchun’s looks are unsurpassed. Yuchun has no choice but to play the main role. Why did Yuchun have to take the leading role in SKKS when it was his first drama? I realized after I saw his appearance.

Just with those looks of his, the charisma he exudes, he’s the main role.

And I also thought \\\\it must be really hard [on Yuchun] \\\\\ after I saw so many people who focused on Yuchun only and went wild while shooting. I came back hoping that he would finish shooting the car scene safe and sound while staring at the back of the car that was getting farther away,,

And I couldn’t take pictures. My cell phone battery happened to [run out],,

But even if I had a full battery, I wouldn’t have taken pictures. The staff kept saying not to take pictures. So I wanted to follow [them].

By the way, there were some fans who were worried that Yuchun’s hair didn’t look that great these days… Don’t worry, [his hair is] completely awesome. His gray suit was a piece of art totally.

Who said [Yuchun] possesses both feminine and masculine beauty? Yuchun is a man completely. Absolutely.. he’s a fraud character [T/N: a fraud character is a person who is too good to be true. It’s a Kr internet slang term that describes someone who is too perfect] that cannot be found in real life.

After I lied down in my bed embracing my fluttering heart, I looked around the house,, the reality is shabby…

But as a person who saw fresh Yuchun, I am going to be a confident stan of Yuchun from now on.

Credits: 믹수다 + Telzone

Trans by: @Spring_Breezes

Shared by: JYJ3

I smile ear to ear when I read this. Sorry for all the spazzing in the fanaccount but at least we got to know that Yutaka is extremely rich XDXD

Guest an_lovely

is this yuchun's second drama after Sungkyunkwan Scandal ?:blink:

waooo...and also  Lee Dae Hee:w00t:

Guest floralai

[PICS] 050311 YOOCHUN & HYEJUNG SHOOTING RIPLEY

291524443.jpg

291527278.jpg

291524409.jpg

291526114.jpg

291527272.jpg

291527299.jpg

edit~ add one more pic:

110503_ycfr7.jpg

Credit: as tagged & twitter

Shared by: PYC Soompi Threads

Guest bblover89

I cant wait to see this drama. so far, from the pictures there seems to be good chemistry between the two leads.

long time no see, my ripley folks!

having been busy w/ jyj's concert in taipei~

now, here's Ripley shooting of da hae around 4/20

myihvr.jpg

uajqz.jpg

cr: 韩社 猪猪

fr kst

-------------

this girl will play child role of kang hye jung

박하영

egWEL.jpg

cr: 韩社 幸运四叶草

fr dc

--------------

and this lucky person happened to witness yuchun filming ripley during his stay at one hotel in seoul!

he mentioned that micky is very nice and polite.

剛在我住的酒店的電梯內碰到JYJ的Micky!原來他在我的酒店拍攝新的電視劇! [嘻嘻] 怪不得大堂有很多日本粉絲在等候!

4月20日 12:32

我在首爾啊!所以是在韓國碰到Micky的!他人很好,又有禮貌!等會回酒店時,若還在拍劇的話便試試拍照吧

4月20日 14:38

剛回酒店,Micky亦剛離開了!

4月20日 20:56

6b711933jw1dgf1d41u6pj.jpg

@Ivan王友良:刚来到我在南韩首尔的酒店房间,房内设有私人温泉,感觉很爽的!

4月15日 15:17

fYvpK.jpg

the hotel he stayed at~

source: http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=1056527307 & @Ivan王友良's weibo

Hi laura, missed you here :wub: and thanks for the pictures and updates.

OOOOOOOOOOH What a transformation for my girl :o :o :o Can't control my surprise when I saw that BTS picture.

I think this may be in Japan from Miri early days when she was sold to prostitution to pay back gambling debt by her father (My guess). Can't wait to see the drama and how LDH will portray this character.

Also this article and another photo :w00t: , this should be from the same shooting :wub: :

http://isplus.joinsmsn.com/article/811/5466811.html?cloc=

htm_20110510102446c000c010-001.jpg

Lee Da Hae updated her twitter from her trip to Japan and the shooting there, really really beautiful :wub: :wub:

38ae07504df73b64b0351d77.jpg

[0aaf3e5bcabd7159728da574.jpg

099c4cb54e38cc6cadafd573.jpg

295276092.jpg

I think this is Kim Jung Tae another actor in the drama, they are close because this is the second time they team up in a drama, he also acted with LDH before in Drama "Robber".

Archived