[Drama 2011] Miss Ripley 미스 리플리

Guest JPhylls

Thanks ngthuhien for that video. Yoochun is as always so polite and respectful on the sets. What I like about him is that he looks constantly surprised and embarrassed by all the attention he gets, even so many years after his debut. In the video, he doesn't seem to be much bothered by the cold and even when his staff puts the overcoat over him, he does not immediately get inside but goes on chatting with them all. Nice clip!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JPhylls

Just want to say Happy Birthday to Lee Da Hae, our Miss Ripley ^^~ Hope that Ripley will be a HIT, which will be the best bday gift ^^~ 

Guest Sammie277_x

I'm interested too about Ripley because LDH and Yoochun seem very refreshing together and so cute. I hope the drama does well with ratings.

Kang Hye-jeong "Second pregnancy? Not true"

photo166337.jpg

Mrs. Star Kang Hye-jeong is being harassed by rumors of a second pregnancy.

Recently there have been rumors saying, "Isn't Kang Hye-jeong pregnant with a second one?", "She was at the gynecologists with her husband Tablo" and more.

However, Kang Hye-jeong is just busy with new MBC drama "Ripley". This is her come back in four years to home screens. Also, it's her first drama after marriage and child birth.

Her management says, "She is busy with her drama schedules. If she was pregnant, it would be difficult for her to pull this off".

Meanwhile, in the drama "Ripley" she will act along with Kim Seung-woo, Lee Da-hae and Micky Yoochun.

Source : http://news.nate.com/view/20110420n03636?mid=e0101 ( Korean )

Credit to: Hancinema

Micky Micky - acting in a new drama so just have to support him....

I just hope Ripley turns out to be a great drama & a mega hit - or I'll want to see him back as my LSJ in Sungkyunkwan Scandal...

Still missing my Mr. Scholar and his antics there.... :tears:

Guest intan

[TRANS] COOL light music MAG~ April Edition~

Article about Yoochun

April 21, 2011 by withjyj

156uz.jpg

PARK YUCHUN – THE SKYLIGHT OF A PERSON

You may not have ever met someone like him: When he is quiet, it seems like all the darkness is gathering around him, when he smiles, all the light in this world is shining on the very same person.

People who like him will accept him all, including his fatty cheeks, and also the “surface of the moon” that even he himself disliked.

Sometimes, he will show his lazy side, but when stretching and yawning he will wrap his upper body up warmly while wearing the slippers for his barefoot, so that it will give him the stimulus of contrast temperature difference. It seems that he cares about nothing, also seems like he cares about a little about everything. So he will turn his all energy into power, moving forward without stop.

See you again as a chaebol

After a long time struggling between “Yoon Eun Hye” and “Lee Da Hae”, Mr. Park finally choose the latter, and he will have to show his acting along with the seniors. Maybe because of his aristocrat aura that writers want to set up an image of “chaebol”, “master”, “noble man”, or any other words that that we can see on him. Whether it is “Lee Sunjun” or now “Song Yuhuyn”, he all benefits from this treatment, to a newbie like him, this is already good enough.

First time when I saw the casting list, I was scared. Except Park Yuchun, no one in the three leading actor/actresses are amateur. I can’t help but feel that towards works, this rookie guy is brave. Normal people, who have already had a good start, will pick up an easy-to-do drama with popular taste, so that they can protect their popularity. In contrast to those people chasing popularity, he chose to learn the real skills that will last long enough for him to perform in this area.

“Before I became an singer, I always wanted to act. When I filmed for Sungkyunkwan Scandal, someone asked me: “Why did you wait till now to decide to act?”. But I feel that, even now, it is a little bit early for me to act.” No one can deny Park Yuchun’s capabilities, on stage, he is an outstanding singer, off stage, he is a flawless idol who knows how to manage his image.

I do not know if Song Yuhuyn is a bad man or not, but for Park Yuchun, this is not an easy role to play. Not to mention other things, this Song Yuhuyn is supposed to be 32 years old, 7 years older than Park Yuchun. So when you see some initial information, you can imagine a story like this, deceiving or being deceived, two men around a woman, one man is tangled between love and hatred, while the other man is a good man like a good rain after the long drought. I do not know among them who will be the final winner and who will be the cannon-fodder, but according to my past experiences, none of them will be ugly (laugh). This time Song Yuhuyn played by Park Yuchun is a full package good guy, he can cast aside himself to chase after the person that he likes, he can often put some thoughts just to have a little romance. In business, he is a charming, witty and humorous gentleman, but at the same time a firm decision maker with unlimited power. (Does this writer know Park Yuchun personally?) This does not say that he is the second lead, but of course, the script can be reversed at the last minute (see “Dream High”), let alone it is not even launched yet.

Originally I did not think that Park Yuchun would pick this project, because in 2010 MBC results did not look good, although there were some hits, but low ratings pushed writers to tears. Now looking at the list of MBC, there are two names that should not be missed, one is Park Yuchun whose drama will start airing in May, the other is Park Yuhwan, his younger brother. We can not judge anything yet, but we can hope that the two brothers can attend the ceremony at the end of the year together.

Continuation of article about YC, not related to the drama..^^

As long as the road is still ahead, he will not stop chasing

Park Yuchun is very honest when it comes to his goals. Even if the title “artist” today is extremely heavy on him, he does not want to break away from his initial goals to walk another path. “I’m still busy the same as before, carries along with it the burden. From the beginning, I has understood this point, and has always been burdened with such burden, so to me, it is not important.” The burden of being a singer, for Park Yuchun, pales when compared to not being able to see his most beloved mother and brother. Not being used of getting up early has long ago melted in the endless missing of his family, until the missing gradually became his power. Leaving the company that trained him indeed made him disturbed, but seeing the situation now, I feel that it was the right choice. Jaejoong said that he now smiled more than before, Yuchun also said that he was happier, that is it, let’s support their choice.

When “The Nameless Song” came out, I was shocked. In my initial impression of Park Yuchun, although he was not a person to hide his emotions (or to say he himself does not want to hide), but this way of venting his anger with such an upright manner through music all of a sudden shocked people. It’s not that he is the kind of person who does not dare to rebel, it’s just that he has always been regarded as an absolutely lethargic one. Let’s say if you poured a drink on him, he would simply unhappily sweep his eyes at you, then brush off his stained clothes, and slowly walked out of your sight. It’s not that he cannot quarrel, I just feel that someone with a refined life like him will not bother to argue with you. But when other people asked him about his feelings when he wrote this song, he was surprised, or he just simply was not aware that he was getting such a hot attention from people, even one smallest gesture of him could be the next headline, many people are waiting to see his stuck-in-panic appearance, and of course, there are also many people who are looking forward to his success.

Real warriors dare to face their bleak life, moreover, their life has anything but bleak. That so-called case of justice, no matter how the other party was crushingly defeated under the daylight, it did not mean that they would be abide by laws and not intervene in their activities like before. So when the TV directors explained to them the decision to cancel the programs , it was not something too difficult for them to accept, because they have experienced the same situations before. From the first day that they stepped out of that door, they had known themselves that they would have to face this painful situation. But they had not known that this struggle in muddle, would lead to respect and admiration of so many people.

Organizing activities at their own expenses, by now they have been used to it already, however when they see the support from their fans, whatever pain will be cured in a blink of an eye. Park Yuchun has always been a person who treasures hearts, although occasionally he appeared as a carefree one (laugh). When the program meticulously prepared for fans got cancelled, somehow he felt powerless and could do nothing, felt like crying, but actually wanted to laugh at it. He wanted to move forward regardless of all these, but there are always someone who are eager to show off their weakness. All kinds of barkings and shouts are nothing but to cover their inner fears. Therefore, you’d rather pass by them and throw a smile with contempt.“We made up our mind, and we were even prepared of abandoning all the glory we owned. At that time, we did not consider that such situation would happen, but now, despite of that, we still want to leave.” So, being that aware, are there still things to be afraid of?

A fatherly brother

One said: “I regret of posting my bother’s picture, I’m afraid that my situation would bring troubles to him.” while the other said: “I want to become a younger brother that he will be proud of.”, for fear that other people do not know how close those two brothers are. In Park Yuchun’s heart, family is the hardest lock to open. In the early years, he always hid under the covers crying because of homesick, forcing other members to give him the overflowing maternal love. Now his family is around him, he has more things to worry about, for instance when his mother wanted to open an ice-cream shop, or when his younger brother wanted to start his own career, not wanting to live under his halo for his whole life. The broken family since he was small left Park Yuchun an childhood that was not as happy as it should be. A kid stuck between adults became of victim of marriage phobia, and the father in Park Yuchun also had to mature. Children usually have to bear their childhood fears for their whole life, so even now when he has grown up already to become a mature man, we often see his not bright and cheerful expressions, no matter how many pains his heart has to bear, it is his habit that can not be changed anymore.

Originally Yuchun opposed Yuhwan to step in this circle, but eventually failed to beat his brother’s insistence, so he just gave up and let his brother do as he wished. At the press conference, seeing his younger brother spreading his wings from his coverage, a paternally proud smile never left his face. From the appearance of Park Yoochun, maybe many people will not believe that this guy is the backbone of a family, because he seems to “follow his heart” too much. But the truth is, he is not really a carefree person. He has responsibilities as a son, responsibilities as an older brother, and responsibilities as an idol if you want to take it up. “Last concert in Japan, I suddenly thought of something, until when can I keep holding on. First of all, I want my mom, my brother, the fans, the staffs and all people around me to be satisfied, and then, one day, by then perhaps my mom will have difficulties to walk, I want to stay by her side for her.” We rarely heard Yuchun talking about his father, many speculations were made about him, but all ended up in failure. That time when he was awarded, he said while choking down his tears that he wanted to be a filial son to his father and stay by his side, it was one of a few mentions about his father. And when holding on his hand the shining starlight trophy of “Newcomer Award”, he said that his father was watching the TV, his expression at that time was so happy. “My father is sick, so far he has not seen me with my girlfriend. I hope that before his conditions deteriorate, I will be able to bring my girlfriend home.” Whether career or family life, Park Yuchun is currently moving in a good direction. And maybe soon, the actor Park Yuchun will climb on another peak.

Source. COOL light music magazine, April edition

Translated by. @JPhylls

Thanks to. @ifMickycomes

Shared by. PYC Soompi

Take out with full credit!!!

I can't wait to watch the drama! Want to see YC as chaebol and curious on how YC & DH couple will look like ^^

Wow, thanks intan for that wonderful article. Whatever the writer says is so true.He could have gone for the typical roles, but chose those where he could prove himself as an actor. Don't know about the lethargy part.  I have a sneaking suspicion that playing Lee Sun Joon had something to do with penning 'Nameless Song' Part 1 :lol: .

Btw, is it still not clear whether he is playing the first or the second lead? Definitely, playing a 32 year old man will be a challenge and that too with such experienced actors. Hope he brings his own thing into the chaebol character.

Micky Micky - acting in a new drama so just have to support him....

I just hope Ripley turns out to be a great drama & a mega hit - or I'll want to see him back as my LSJ in Sungkyunkwan Scandal...

Still missing my Mr. Scholar and his antics there.... :tears:

I too want Ripley to turn out to be a great drama and mega hit, but I also want an SKKS sequel. Let both happen, plzzz!!!

Guest fannypak

[Other] Actor Lee Sangyup (cast member of Ripley) mentions YUCHUN during his interview

April 25, 2011 by withjyj

ec84a0eca480.jpg?w=590&h=660

Also, [Lee Sangyup] was selected early on for the role of Yukata (Park Yuchun)’s best friend Ha Chuljin in MBC’s new Monday-Tuesday drama “Ripley” airing at the end of May. He meets Yukata at an American university and later becomes a business partner.

I think I got ‘slightly’ friendly with Yuchun, who I spend a lot of time with. At first, when my cell phone displayed the name ‘Park Yuchun,’ I got surprised and went ‘wow!’ [i was surprised] that such a big star idol was calling me. Of course, I tried hard to not show my surprise (laughter).”

Source

clubcity

Translation by

withJYJ

JYJ’s Yoochun hospitalized for acute gastroenteritis

20110427_yuchun1.jpg

JYJ’s Yoochun was recently hospitalized for acute gastroenteritis.

On April 27th, representatives of his agency revealed, "On the 25th, Yoochun was rushed to the emergency room after he expressed pain. He was diagnosed with acute gastroenteritis so he is currently being hospitalized. His drama schedule will be postponed so that he can focus on recovering."

They continued, "Because he’s currently filming for MBC's "Ripley", we feel that his schedules of working abroad on his concert as well as the drama itself has dropped his immune level."

Yoochun will be discharged on the 27th and rest up at home before heading back to the film set.

Source: Newsen via Nate

Credit to : allkpop

OOH very sad, I wish he gets well soon :tears: It is really hard to be filming and also working on JYJ concerts at the same time. But they have started the filming early so, it is ok to have some rest. Health is the most important.

Guest fannypak

[News] Chae Myunggil will act as Yuchun’s mother in Ripley — More info on Yuchun’s character!

April 27, 2011 by withjyj

201104280835391111_1.jpg

Actor Chae Myunggil will become mother and son with JYJ’s Park Yuchun.

Chae Myunggil will star as Park Yuchun’s mother and leading chaebol [T/N: rich high class in Korea] and Mondo Resort’s vice president “Lee Hwa” in MBC’s new Mon-Tues drama “Ripley” set to air late May. “Lee Hwa” is intelligent, beautiful, and have a classy outward appearance, but is a two-faced individual with greed and hypocritical inner side.

“Lee Hwa” harbors a malicious determination after undergoing continuing hardships when young, and doesn’t hesitate dirty and carefully thought out plans for her successful life. Ultimately, “Lee Hwa” lives a changed life after marrying Mondo Resort’s President and “Yukata’s” (Park Yuchun) father. “Lee Hwa” becomes a new mother for “Yukata,” who was born from his Japanese motherNevertheless, “Lee Hwa” raises “Yukata” as her own child and “Yukata” also follows “Lee Hwa” more than his biological mother, and Chae Myunggil and Park Yuchun will act out a close mother and son relationship.

(Details not relating to Yuchun omitted)

The drama is sounding more and more interesting with each detail released regarding the characters/storyline of “Ripley.” I can’t wait until the end of May!!! >_<

Source. 

Nate News

Translation by. withJYJ

Guest kcomments

Oh ho, I see familiar names here *waves*

It's time to show my support for Micky here, though I'm not sure why he chose this project.

The reason i felt uneasy about;

It's a melodrama.

Not very fond of LDH (My Girl was good, but ...Robber, East of Eden, Chuno were terrible for me).

I'm sorry, may be the only one, I don't really like his new hairdo.

He looks much younger than her.

If anybody has the description of Micky's character in Ripley , please share, thanks.

I will check on this drama for sure, with precaution though. ^^

Wish him luck and success in this drama or at least gain recognition from this drama as a potential good actor.

Guest grassfield12

^ too late, the drama is in production, 

publicly sharing your negative feelings about other cast members (and presentiments about the drama) 

only serves to annoy people who are here for reasons other than yours.

ps: i like his current image (the pix where he wore a blue shirt with two girls in taiwan ~ nice~nice~

love to see him in that shade of blue, less make-up is much, much nicer too wink.gif)

Guest ngthuhien149

I am BACK with the thread.

The new description of Yutaka's mom interests me. Even though I also like the old one in which you can find a not so typical stepmom among all the greedy, ambitious and 2 faced ones, it is good to add more angst and surrounding stories for Yutaka. I hope the writer develop a good character for him ^^.

I notice MBC is not so much into PR now ever since Playful Kiss. The Greatest Love is so promising yet they did not PR it much like they used to. Maybe MBC is confident in this project? True that it has 2 awesome actors and popular writers (Hong Sister's dramas rarely have solid and meaningful storyline tho) so I will definitely check it out. However it is quite different for Ripley esp when its rival is Lie To Me. Even with a strong fanbase, Yoochun is still new in the industry, Kang Hye Jung is a damn awesome, amazing and sophisticated actress but not so much luck with drama, so is Kim Seung Woo. I am not sure about LDH tho ^^. Ripley will start airing on May 30th when Lie To Me is at its peak (ep 7-8) and with Yoon Eun Hye I believe the drama will do well no matter how mer the script is, Kang Ji Hwan is good too. That is why I hope MBC has a wise and moderate PR for Ripley when the day is coming, and ofcoz good acting and script too.

Yoochun will probably be out of Korean from 17 to 28 of May, I dunno when they are going to have a press conference and starts the PR plan but it is pretty quiet now.

Seem like the mom plays an important part in Yutaka's story.

Guest JPhylls

[NEWS] Lee Sangyup, Playing Yoochun’s Friend, Speaks About His Role

Lee Sayngyup of “Midas.” From Zhang Hyuk to Park Yoochun, Becomes the “Friend of the Public”

4765880-450675_28180.jpg

…Lee Sangyup will play the friend of Park Yoochun in the new MBC Monday-Tuesdsay drama “Ripley” that will air starting at the end of May.

Although the role of the friend is of course give less weight than the lead actor it is not a character that is given to just anyone easily. That is because he must function as someone who supports the lead and at the same time make alive his own character to act as indispensable (T/N: literally, “gamcho” which is an indispensable herb in Chinese medicine).

He explained: “I don’t think it would do for me to stand out more than the lead. Yoochun is a character who keeps his composure in his drama and so it seems that I who is the friend will act as the effervescent one. Probably I will be more playful than I was in “Midas.”

Continuing, to the question of “From Zhang Hyuk to Park Yoochun’s friend, it seems that people around you will be quite envious,” he laughed: “Because around me I have many male friends, that’s not really the case. I think when I become Yoochun’s friend I’ll receive the envy of JYJ fans.”

(Parts unrelated to Yoochun omitted)

Source: Asia Today

Translation Credit: JYJ3

Guest JPhylls

[PICS] 110502 STALKING YC FILMING FOR RIPLEY

5f55fb4994cc74a5c1ce790.jpg

6ef92b845e9e116d5b82dd0.jpg

0a0c3e7f8659a24e8b82a19.jpg

d37a6d5991077148738b659.jpg

ec697fa4d3a42e1cd4887d6.jpg

CRE: AS TAGGED

Shared by: PYC Soompi 

Seems like a party scene. And finally the pumpkin Yutaka will transform into a prince charming, LOL!!! 

Guest JPhylls

[PICS] 110502 STALKING YC FILMING FOR RIPLEY

289588629.jpg

Father n son!!!! And Jang Yong-nim is wearing white, haha!!! 

ae95ea754d9914b58b13992.jpg

Chunface!!! 140.gif

5df000a7jw1dgtay3mq5hj.jpg

They are all smiling n laughing!!! Father n son r getting along well 122.gif

5df000a7jw1dgtbokmyioj.jpg

CRE: AS TAGGED + MICKYBAIDU

Shared by: PYC Soompi 

Guest 3muses

[NEWS] MBC’s Ripley Cast Park Yoochun Unable to Appear on MBC’s Own Variety Program, “Come to Play”

Posted on May 2, 2011 by jyj3

The Appearance in “Come to Play” of Park Yoochun and the Ripley Cast Falls Through… Why?

tn_1304379423_-2144488629_0.jpg

The appearance of the main leads of the MBC’s new Mon-Tues drama “Ripley” has fallen through and that is attracting attention.

According to multiple drama affiliates on the 3rd, Kim Seungwoo, Kang Hyejung, Lee Dahae, Park Yoochun and such Ripley’s main cast have examined appearing in “Come to Play” from the middle of last month in anticipation of the first airing of the drama.

Even Kim Seungwoo, whose possibility of filming “Come to Play” had been uncertain due to his filming of “On a Rol,l” had made it so that he’d appear in “Come to Play.” While discussing the appearance of the 4 people, however, the Ripley cast received the answer from the producers pf whether it would be okay for them if only the 3 excluding Park Yoochun could appear. The affiliates explained that in the end, the entire cast had decided to treat the appearance in “Come to Play” as something that never happened.

Park Yoochun, who has withdrawn from TVXQ and is now active as a member of JYJ, has switched into acting after, and is receiving attention by being cast on the level of leads in last year’s KBS 2TV’s “Sungkyunkwan Scandal” and this year’s “Ripley.” However, after his dispute with his management agency, Park Yoochun, despite the continued appearance in dramas, is hardly able to appear in variety programs of the 3 (main and public) companies, including MBC. Even when he was the lead in “Sungkyunkwan Scandal” it was difficult to find him in KBS’s variety programs.

At this, there are some speculations as to whether the former agency SM’s influence has been at work. However, even within the same broadcast company the positions are different, such as between the variety department and the drama department. The other broadcast affiliate did not spare his criticism, saying “Does one need to be wary of and catering to the mega-entertainment (T/N: literally, attempt to read one’s mind in order to do what he wants) even for the promotion of the drama of their own company?”

At this, an affiliate of “Come to Play” explained: “Because there was already much material already filmed that are waiting to be aired and so it was not easy to adjust the schedule, the Ripley team came to be unable to film Come to Play.”

Source

Star News

Translation Credit

JYJ3

-----------------------------------------------------------

I'm really proud and grateful to the Ripley leads for standing behind Yoochun on this!  It's really too ridiculous that MBC's entertainment department would rather bow down to SM than promote their own drama department's new show!  

JYJ fans have had the frustrating experience of seeing Korean broadcasters block Yoochun, Jaejoong, and Junsu for the past two years.  Even when Yoochun was the male lead in SKK the same thing happened.  Once the production company milked Yoochun and all his fans, they spent the entire promotion period pretending he didn't exist and even edited Yoochun out of a  lot of promo materials.  The OST for SKK also got delayed for over a month even when there was so much initial interest from distributors because of SM.  In the end, the production company had to threaten legal action before the OST (in which JYJ sang) could be released!

We can only hope that things go smoother this time around and give a lot of support to Ripley for sticking up for Yoochun (at least this time).

Yoochun must feel so bad about this too T_T.  But I have faith in Park Yoochun's acting chops and his work ethic to improve.  These PDs can cry their hearts out when Ripley and Yoochun succeed.

Archived