Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

Just thinking again...does anyone of us know any story about Jong Suk when he was still much much younger...like when he was still not the superstar that he is now? If anyone does...I hope they can share the stories...because I (and I'm sure I'm not the only one) would really really like to know him that much :)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lanieqp0415 said:

Just thinking again...does anyone of us know any story about Jong Suk when he was still much much younger...like when he was still not the superstar that he is now? If anyone does...I hope they can share the stories...because I (and I'm sure I'm not the only one) would really really like to know him that much :)

His father was so strict, Sukkie could not look in the direction of him.He is very affectionate with his siblings, they would slap each other's foreheads :tongue:  His dad is also very athletic. He wanted Sukkie to study and work in the government or some such thing. But when he decided to join entertainment, they were upset. His school teacher said, every year his and his parent's "dream job description" kept changing and never matched .

After he came to Seoul, he was living alone, and coz he was young, he used to be very scared at night. So he slept with the lights on. Which annoyed him, so he decided to sleep during the day, and stay awake through the night. He felt lonely, and his robot vacuum cleaner was like a companion. He used to pick it up and caress it and ran after it while it was cleaning.

He loves the TV since forever even More than hero of Oldboy:D.

He had a big crush on Lee Na Young, and would pretend to act along side her, saying the hero's lines

He would watch variety shows, and drama and recite lines, pretending to be in it.

His parents were upset that he didn't have any TV appearance, which is why he appeared in the game show "Truth game" in 2005.

He was sued by a big company, after he decided to quit from training to be an idol(he trained 3 months). He said subsequently, that this was the first time he learnt how scary it is growing up.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Riman Rakshit said:

His father was so strict, Sukkie could not look in the direction of him.He is very affectionate with his siblings, they would slap each other's foreheads :tongue:  His dad is also very athletic. He wanted Sukkie to study and work in the government or some such thing.

Are they still living with his dad? Is it ok to ask this? Because I only see mentions of his mom. 

How young was he when he came to Seoul? He was alone...seriously? For him to be that scared and lonely?

And what does it mean "training to be an idol"? I read somewhere that he was in a group that raps? Ahm...scratching my head now...but I can't seem to imagine him doing that :D . But I would love to see a clip of him rapping. :D

Thanks a lot @Riman Rakshit for the help!! If anyone else has something to share...oh please do. It has become some kind of obsession :D to know these things about him because I find his life story really fascinating and inspiring. :)

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, lanieqp0415 said:

Are they still living with his dad? Is it ok to ask this? Because I only see mentions of his mom. 

How young was he when he came to Seoul? He was alone...seriously? For him to be that scared and lonely?

And what does it mean "training to be an idol"? I read somewhere that he was in a group that raps? Ahm...scratching my head now...but I can't seem to imagine him doing that :D . But I would love to see a clip of him rapping. :D

Thanks a lot @Riman Rakshit for the help!! If anyone else has something to share...oh please do. It has become some kind of obsession :D to know these things about him because I find his life story really fascinating and inspiring. :)

Just start to read this thread from the beginning and you will find all stories :D

For example

tumblr_mr77nr3Mcs1s4x9hgo2_1280.jpg

[PHOTO] Lee Jong Suk, Seo In Guk and other Cast of ‘No Breathing’ being accorded simple, hearty and heart-filled Filipino / Mindanao / Davao reception <source: DOT Director, Art Boncato

via withljongsuk

postet by @jjsweeter0211 2013.08.08 , page 11

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, ibru said:

Just start to read this thread from the beginning and you will find all stories :D

Thanks a lot @ibru I'm doing exactly just that. In fact, I'm already on page 188 haha. Sorry, guys, for the bother. I probably just got too excited that I want to learn anything and everything about Jong Suk...y' know, absorb it all up at the same time. 

Thanks again....going to page 189 now :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, lanieqp0415 said:

He was 14/15 when he came to seoul. Yes all alone. His mum now lives close to his apartment and often meets him. But yeah he doesn't talk about his dad much. 

We speculated back in 2012, that he could have been in SM but he didn't mention any agency. He said the Kpop idol group where he was going to debut, was initially called "Real", but debuted with a different name. He was going to be the maknae rapper of the group:D

Here him modelling

His first acting role, short film "sympathy"^_^ he is 15 here

• Like 6

I didn't realize he came to Seoul on his own so young. Was that when he was with the idol group, or just on his own? Is that normal in Korea, for a kid to leave home at that age and just live by himself? I know of a Korean actress who did that, too, came to Seoul to go to high school on her own, and wow, that is kinda young to be on your own, isn't it? I really hope that his family is proud of him now, and sees that even though it was a different path than they expected, it was still the right one for him.

The story about the vacuum is sad. Are any of you watching I Am Not a Robot? (Same director as W.) That main character does the same thing. (And also is dressed in Hanah and has been wearing some of the same exact sweaters as Sukkie in some of his recent appearances.) It was funny/sad in the drama, but ack, I didn't realize it might have a basis in real life. Well, I'm glad he has good people in his life now, and does not have to talk to the vacuum anymore!

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

I didn't realize he came to Seoul on his own so young. Was that when he was with the idol group, or just on his own? Is that normal in Korea, for a kid to leave home at that age and just live by himself? I know of a Korean actress who did that, too, came to Seoul to go to high school on her own, and wow, that is kinda young to be on your own, isn't it? I really hope that his family is proud of him now, and sees that even though it was a different path than they expected, it was still the right one for him.

The story about the vacuum is sad. Are any of you watching I Am Not a Robot? (Same director as W.) That main character does the same thing. (And also is dressed in Hanah and has been wearing some of the same exact sweaters as Sukkie in some of his recent appearances.) It was funny/sad in the drama, but ack, I didn't realize it might have a basis in real life. Well, I'm glad he has good people in his life now, and does not have to talk to the vacuum anymore!

Yeah it is such a young age. People who live in Seoul has it a bit easier, but for people living in distant towns, they do have to come to Seoul at an young age. Although many kids live in hostels or an accomodation which caters to young people, sometimes they live alone though it is rare.

No the idol group training happened later. He had also joined an acting agency and for 3 years got no job. He was loosing his mind, and depressed. I am happy he has friends now. As an introvert I can totally understand his feelings.

People who join big agencies generally have it easier coz they have connections and power. But he literally started from ground zero in a very small agency, to where he is now. That takes a lot. But this is Kang Chul we are talking about, once he makes up his mind, he does it whatever it takes^_^

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to Lee Jong Suk 이종석 |[Completed Drama]While You Were Sleeping||[Completed Drama] W-Two Worlds/[C-Drama]Jade Lover
6 minutes ago, Riman Rakshit said:

But this is Kang Chul we are talking about, once he makes up his mind, he does it whatever it takes^_^

Yes--I have noticed that that is definitely one way in which he is EXACTLY like his character. :) For both of them--if there is something they want to do, they don't let anything stop them, no matter how many different ways they have to try to make it work.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, masagumi said:

My advise is you can tap the #interview if you want to know Sukkie from magazine. She has almost all Sukkie interview. Or if you don't mind read long random stuff about Sukkie you can tap #leejongsuk

Oh boy...@masagumi and @Riman Rakshit...i think i'll be thankful to you for the rest of my present life and still the other one after haha.

I think I will call our Jong Suk as Jjong from now on haha. Seems like he has worked with all the big names in the Korean fashion industry and amazingly everyone seems to have but only praises for him...not only about his good looks but also how great he is on the cat walk.

After all that had been shared here...one can really say that Jjong (oooh i'm enjoying calling him that) TRULY deserves what he is and what he has right now because of all the hardships and struggles that he had to go through before. And of course, that goes without having to say that he has that really unique talent. 

Thank you for all the feeds, the link and the tips you've given me. I don't think I will be able to sleep for days starting tonight... imagine me voraciously browsing every page and site :D Thanks to all of you...I'm now a certified online Jjong stalker haha. :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, frozentundra said:

I've started watching 'I Am Not a Robot', but after the widespread diarrhea in ep. 4, I was tired of watching 5 people "dancing" near the toilet, etc. ...:mellow: I always did not understand this and I do not find it funny...

Do you remember in 'Pinocchio', there was also a scene with a toilet ... Is it necessary for the development of the plot? Of course, no ... I do not understand why they use it so often in K-drama:blink:

• Like 3

@ibru Haha, I think it is just part of kdramas. I have noticed that people seem er...rather in touch with their digestion over there. Lol.

The other thing that always sticks out in dramas to me is all the tooth brushing (speaking of toilets and Pinocchio...). I remember reading stern advice in a novel writing book once about how writers should "skip all the toothbrushing" and get on the good stuff. I think of that advice EVERY time I watch a drama, because I swear there is at least one scene of tooth brushing in every single one.

I don't know if the picture from the "Korea as One" event above is related to the movie "As One" that JS was in, but his role in that made me laugh so hard. He is a secondary character, on the North Korean ping pong team that merges with the South Korean team to play together in some international tournament. Based on a true story, too. In the movie, this South Korean player really likes him, and it completely scares the heck out of him. Like, touching. Don't touch me! I know it's just the character, but I just laughed and laughed and laughed at the kid would would become known as the higop king...

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

@ibru Haha, I think it is just part of kdramas. I have noticed that people seem er...rather in touch with their digestion over there. Lol.

The other thing that always sticks out in dramas to me is all the tooth brushing (speaking of toilets and Pinocchio...). I remember reading stern advice in a novel writing book once about how writers should "skip all the toothbrushing" and get on the good stuff. I think of that advice EVERY time I watch a drama, because I swear there is at least one scene of tooth brushing in every single one.

I don't know if the picture from the "Korea as One" event above is related to the movie "As One" that JS was in, but his role in that made me laugh so hard. He is a secondary character, on the North Korean ping pong team that merges with the South Korean team to play together in some international tournament. Based on a true story, too. In the movie, this South Korean player really likes him, and it completely scares the heck out of him. Like, touching. Don't touch me! I know it's just the character, but I just laughed and laughed and laughed at the kid would would become known as the higop king...

It is the same movie)))

Ko-ri-a (2012)  -  As One)))

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2328503/

d0134d6cb36d12f84373319b39619ae6.jpg

eaa360f1b77ae944ce9582e61b1a12b2.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOL 3