Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

While You Were Sleeping Premieres Just Behind Hospital Ship in Korean Drama Ratings

hospital-ship-ha-ji-won-2.jpgwhile-you-were-sleeping-lee-jong-suk-andmanhole-jaejoong-uee-jung-hye-sung-baro-

Hospital Ship faced some new competition this week in Nielsen drama ratings during the Wednesday-Thursday time slot. It saw minor decreases from last week, but it still kept the lead.
Ep. 17 –   9.8%
Ep. 18 – 10.6%
Ep. 19 –   9.3%
Ep. 20 – 11.3%

The highly anticipated fantasy romance drama While You Were Sleeping starring Lee Jong Suk and Suzy premiered this week. It landed in second, but it’s hot on the heels of Hospital Ship.
Ep. 1 – 7.2%
Ep. 2 – 9.2%
Ep. 3 – 8.3%
Ep. 4 – 9.2%

Manhole slipped back into the 1’s for its finale week.
Ep. 15 – 1.9%
Ep. 16 – 1.9%

While You Were Sleeping premiered a bit lower than I thought it would, but it looks like it could be a tight race with Hospital Ship. And with poor Manhole ending its run, in a couple weeks we will see the premiere of the insurance crime drama Mad Dog starring Yoo Ji Tae and Woo Do Hwan.

While You Were Sleeping airs Wednesday and Thursday on SBS.

Hospital Ship airs Wednesday and Thursday on MBC.

Manhole airs Wednesday and Thursday on KBS.

• Like 2

Lee Jong Suk on top of movie actors' brand reputation rankings in September

Lee Jong Suk

Hallyu star Lee Jong Suk topped the latest brand reputation rankings for Korean movie actors.

The Korean Institute for Corporate Reputation has released the figures for September, showing that the 28-year-old actor with a score of 8.62 million, is up from his 10th place finish in August with a score of 5.27 million.

Lee Jong Suk recently starred in the movie "V.I.P," which has sold 1.37 million tickets and grossed US$9.55 million.

A total of 119.03 million pieces of big data were analyzed from August 28 to September 29 based on communication, media, participation and community values, which showed a decrease of 26.66 percent compared to August's 165 million.

Gong Yoo of the movie "Train to Busan" and the hit drama "Goblin" placed second with 5.5 million, rising from sixth place in August.

Lee Je Hoon of the films "Anarchist from Colony" and "I Can Speak" ranked third with 5.45 million.

Fourth is Kim Nam Gil, star of "Pandora" and "Memoir of a Murderer," with 5.34 million followed by Ryu Jun Yeol with 4.95 million.

Spoiler

Ranking sixth to 25th are:

6. Song Joong Ki - 4.44 million

7. Kim Soo Hyun - 4.22 million

8. Seol Kyung Kyu - 2.18 million

9. Lee Byung Hun - 3.38 million

10. Kim Joo Hyuk - 3.24 million

11. Go Soo - 3.24 million

12. Park Seo Joon - 3.2 million

13. Jun Ji Hyun - 3.17 million

14. Jo Jin Woong - 3.14 million

15. Na Moon Hee - 2.68 million

16. Han Hyo Joo - 2.55 million

17. Jung Woo - 2.48 million

18. Im Siwan - 2.37 million

19. Choi Min Sik - 2.3 million

20. Lee Jung Hyun - 2.28 million

21. Kim Yun Seok - 2.05 million

22. Kang Ha Neul - 1.95 million

23. Yeo Jin Goo - 1.92 million

24. Park Hae Il - 1.89 million

25. Lee Kyung Young - 1.82 million

http://www.ibtimes.sg/lee-jong-suk-top-movie-actors-brand-reputation-rankings-september-17264

• Like 2

Lee Jong Suk pushes Goblin's Gong Yoo to second place in September actor rankings

Lee Jong-suk

Actor Lee Jong-suk is on a roll. After reaching a social media milestone recently, the actor has beaten the likes of Gong Yoo and Lee Jae-hoon to claim the top spot in September's brand reputation rankings of South Korean actors.

As noted by websites Soompi and Allkpop, the Korean Business Research Institute analyzed 119,034,743 sources of data from August 28 to September 29 in the categories of participation, media coverage, communication and community awareness.

As per their results, Lee Jong-suk came out as number one in brand rankings with a total score of 8,620,701. 'Train to Busan' and 'Goblin' star Gong Yoo got pushed to second place with 5,508,147. 'Signal' and 'Tomorrow With You' actor Lee Je-hoon got third place with a score of 5,454,665.

Spoiler

Gong Yoo hasn't taken on any acting projects since 'Goblin' wrapped up. He toured Asia for his fan meet and has modelled for a few fashion magazines. But overall, he has maintained a low profile. Gong Yoo's co-stars, Kim Go-eun, Lee dong-wook and Yoo In-na have also kept a low profile after their fantasy-romance drama finished. So, it is understandable why he'd be pushed to second place.

The ones that followed Lee Je-hoon in the September ranking order are Kim Nam-gil, Ryu Jun-yeol, Song Joong-ki, Kim Soo-hyun, Sol Kyung-gu, Lee Byung-hun, Kim Joo-hyuk, Go Soo, Park Seo-joon, Jun Ji-hyun, Jo Jin-woong, Na Moon-hee, Han Hyo-joo, Jung Woo, Im Siwan, Choi Min-sik, Lee Jung-hyun, Kim Yun-seok, Kang Ha-neul, Yeo Jin-goo, Park Hae-il, Lee Kyung-young, Jung Woo-sung, Song Kang-ho, Jo In-sung, Kim Ok-bin and lastly So Ji-sub.

Recently, Lee Jong-suk's Instagram handle reached 10 million followers. He is the first Korean actor to have reached this milestone. Jong-suk keeps his Instagram profile updated with selfies and other photos from his travels across the world and from the sets of his dramas and movies.

In addition to this, Lee Jong-suk has been repeatedly praised for his dedication to his acting roles. Even though the thriller movie, 'V.I.P.' was heavily criticised for its misogynistic portrayal of women, Lee Jong-suk's co-star Kim Myung-min praised his dedication to his role.

Netizens also praised Lee Jong-suk's ability in picking good projects as well as his acting in the latest SBS drama 'While You Were Sleeping,' which co-stars Suzy Bae as the female lead. The drama airs every Wednesday and Thursday at 10.00 p.m. KST. Episodes 5 and 6 will air on October 4.

http://www.ibtimes.sg/lee-jong-suk-pushes-goblins-gong-yoo-second-place-september-actor-rankings-17238

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, mygirls said:

Hi Guys I m Rania i v been banned from posting so i m using my friend's acc. i ll be sharing a message with u once the ban is removed 

Wow! And why? For how long?:(

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching
by DB Staff

whilesleeping0102-www.jpg
So, what are we all watching this week?

What kept you reaching for more (or agonizing when there was no more), and what made you want to throw your remote through the screen? Time to weigh in…

by SailorJumun

While You Were Sleeping: What is it about Park Hye-ryun’s dramas? What is it?? They feel ethereal and magical, and not just because of the obvious fantasy elements. And once again, her characters are flawed but in the most likable way. They don’t have to try to get me to root for them because I’m already there. I especially love how Jae-chan shines like a ray of hope for Hong-joo after she spent years in a dark dream world. I almost rolled my eyes when it was revealed that they crossed paths as kids, but I can’t really complain; this writer always manages to make the OTP’s pasts rich and meaningful. If Hong-joo’s dream with her dad was her first “psychic” dream, I wonder if something happened to trigger it. And perhaps the same thing happened to Jae-chan. Perhaps he’s had the same ability all this time without realizing it. I’m excited to see where this will go (it’s been a hot minute since I’ve felt this strongly about a premiere), but it’ll be tough to watch live… Can someone wake me up when it’s Wednesday?

Full: http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/09/team-dramabeans-what-were-watching-71/

• Like 5

Ive just got into Asian dramas in general and i watched School 2013 which made me fall in love with lee jong suk now i started watching while you were sleeping which is so damn good might need to watch his other shows ;p 

his part in jade lovers reminds me of lelouch from code geass ;p

• Like 3

Lee Jong-suk chooses black for Paris

Photos of Lee Jong-suk from Saint Laurent 2018 SS collection fashion show for Paris Fashion Week have surfaced online. 

The actor attended the fashion event as the representative of Asian male celebrities.

Lee appeared in the front row of the show held at Fontaine du Trocad´ero, Paris, in a classy all-black style, matching the brand’s cropped jacket with a T-shirt, skinny ripped jeans and Chelsea boots.

Alongside Lee, many A-listed celebrities such as Kate Moss, Naomi Campbell and Courtney Love also sat in the front row. 

Lee is currently starring in the SBS drama “While You Were Sleeping” alongside Suzy. 

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201710011112563006265_2

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Wotad said:

I hate korean shows for making me love the damn actors so much ;p 

Lol, I never had a favorite actor before kdramas, and now I have two. Plus many more who I like quite a lot. There is something different about the acting in Korea that hits me in a way acting from my own country does not...

• Like 2

Just now, frozentundra said:

Lol, I never had a favorite actor before kdramas, and now I have two. Plus many more who I like quite a lot. There is something different about the acting in Korea that hits me in a way acting from my own country does not...

i think that can be said for Asian dramas in general i think the acting is more real and just overall better , korean dramas make you feel emotions where as western shows really dont. 

Lee Jong Suk and KIM SOO HYUN are my fave actors atm. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Wotad said:

i think that can be said for Asian dramas in general i think the acting is more real and just overall better , korean dramas make you feel emotions where as western shows really dont.

Yes, this, exactly! Western acting feels twice as wooden and distant as before to me now. Plus I think kdramas are firstly concerned with a good story, whereas sometimes Western shows with their big budgets try to compensate for weak storylines or characters with a lot of special effects. Give me a solid story (thank you, writers like Park Hye Ryun or Song Jae Jung) that really stretches those characters, and then cast someone like LJS, and you have something truly worth watching.   

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

Yes, this, exactly! Western acting feels twice as wooden and distant as before to me now. Plus I think kdramas are firstly concerned with a good story, whereas sometimes Western shows with their big budgets try to compensate for weak storylines or characters with a lot of special effects. Give me a solid story (thank you, writers like Park Hye Ryun or Song Jae Jung) that really stretches those characters, and then cast someone like LJS, and you have sonething truly worth watching.   

Yeah im totally bored of Western shows now after the amazing shows in Korea and China ;p everything in LJS is in you can trust also which is great. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Wotad said:

Ive just got into Asian dramas in general and i watched School 2013 which made me fall in love with lee jong suk now i started watching while you were sleeping which is so damn good might need to watch his other shows ;p 

his part in jade lovers reminds me of lelouch from code geass ;p

Welcome :blush:School 2013 is my fave as well. So beautiful and poignant. Check out his other dramas I hear your voice, pinocchio, W etc. You will like them!

• Like 1

Just now, Riman Rakshit said:

Welcome :blush:School 2013 is my fave as well. So beautiful and poignant. Check out his other dramas I hear your voice, pinocchio, W etc. You will like them!

yeah those are all on my list , i got into BL which was addicted which led into bromance where those series were featured which led into everything haha . 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1