Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

How did everyone like the first episode? :wub:

Spoiler

I loved it! It is definitely a Lee Jong Suk kind of drama, but not in a boring, recycled way. He loves a story that is very vaguely understood in the beginning so it can unravel each week. I actually thought of this episode as a prologue to the rest of the drama. Most dramas start off by introducing you to the cast of characters while setting the stage for what you will see more of, but Big Mouth's first episode ended right before everything changed. I told a few people it felt really short, and I think that's why. 

I've watched a lot of dramas that failed to grab my interest because the story seemed aimless and blurry, almost like they have no point. I think this one would be hard to get bored of because it has a very specific story it's trying to tell.

I do wonder if Big Mouth will have an OST. If I had a single complaint about the drama, it was the lack of a song to carry us out. Everything that happens feels big and exciting when the song starts blasting at the end. I really hope that is brought in now that the "prologue" episode is over. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 1 :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Big Mouth” And “Today’s Webtoon” Kick Off Fierce Ratings Battle

Two highly-anticipated new dramas premiered at the same time last night!

On July 29, MBC’s “Big Mouth” got off to a strong start as the most-watched Friday-Saturday drama of the night. According to Nielsen Korea, the new noir drama starring Lee Jong Suk and Girls’

Generation’s YoonA scored an average nationwide rating of 6.2 percent for its premiere.

“Big Mouth” also earned an average rating of 2.1 percent among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49.

“Big Mouth” And “Today’s Webtoon” Kick Off Fierce Ratings Battle | Soompi

• Like 3

8 hours ago, hilllllllly said:

How did everyone like the first episode? :wub:

I do wonder if Big Mouth will have an OST. If I had a single complaint about the drama, it was the lack of a song to carry us out. Everything that happens feels big and exciting when the song starts blasting at the end. I really hope that is brought in now that the "prologue" episode is over. 

I love the development of the plots, the pace, cinematography and everything @hilllllllly  Daebak !  

First and foremost, my heartiest CONGRATULATIONS to Jong Suk on his comeback drama and most importantly, on him for doing this role.    JS is really amazing (I do not how else to describe his excellent portrayal) as Park Chang Ho yesterday and today, I can't wait to see him as Big Mouse.  Yoona is good too (my first time seeing her).

And thank you to PD Oh Chung Hwan, thank you so much for choosing Jong Suk.

And I really love this FIL-SIL couple relationship .. haha!

Thanks @ibru @Selin Eroğlu @Rania Zeid @frozentundraand @backstreetboysfan for all the continuous updates !

:fun:

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

Thanks for sharing the rating @Selin Eroğlu  copied in spoiler

Spoiler

Big Mouth Episode
1 Rating National rating — 6.2%
Seoul rating — 6.3%
Peak Rating — 7.8%

No. 1 ranking for Friday-Saturday drama of its timeslot.

No. 1 ranking for Friday-Saturday drama of its timeslot. - Daebak! 
and they were trending high in twitter too.   

Yesterday Park Chang Ho was Go Mi Ho's mouse ....
Tonight he will be BIG MOUSE :))

[220730] #BigMouthEp2 pre-release is trending at #3 on NAVER TV TOP 100
- reposted from yoonastats

• Like 5

[Cultural Entertainment Plus] 'Big Mouth' Lee Jong Suk and YoonA couple aim at the heart of power (202.07.29/News Today/MBC)

Lee Jong Suk & Lim YoonA share what it was like to play a newlywed couple? | Big Mouth press con

• Like 5

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Watch: “Big Mouth” Cast And Crew Happily Celebrate Lee Jong Suk’s Birthday On Drama Set

Jul 30, 2022
by L. Kim

“Big Mouth” revealed a behind-the-scenes look at the first episode!

“Big Mouth” is a hard-boiled noir drama starring Lee Jong Suk as Park Chang Ho, a third-rate lawyer who winds up in charge of a murder case that turns him overnight into a genius con artist known as “Big Mouse.” In order to survive and protect his family, the “big-mouthed” lawyer must expose a huge conspiracy among the privileged upper classes.

The making-of video starts with Lee Jong Suk arriving on the set and greeting the director with a warm hug. He teams up with Lee Ki Young, who plays his father-in-law in the drama, and they flawlessly immerse in to their roles. Although YoonA finished filming earlier, she stayed on the set to support her co-stars. She comments, “I think we’ll be able to film together next week. It’s their first day of filming today, so I waited to support them and monitor [the acting]. My father (Lee Ki Young) said, ‘Just go home! It’s okay,’ but how could I leave? But after watching them, I think I have a better idea of Mi Ho (her character’s name).”

Spoiler

Big-Mouth-1-2.jpg

Big-Mouth-2-1.jpg

Lee Jong Suk, YoonA, and Lee Ki Young gather together to film the scene where they eat at a fancy restaurant together. In the middle of filming, the director surprises Lee Jong Suk by bringing him a birthday cake. Lee Jong Suk is all smiles as YoonA, Lee Ki Young, and the crew sing “Happy Birthday,” and he makes a wish before blowing the candles out.

Big-Mouth-3-1.jpg

Big-Mouth-4-1.jpg

Watch the full making-of video here!

https://tv.naver.com/v/28257851/list/801249

https://youtu.be/OdlQ3ifMNEU

https://www.soompi.com/article/1538549wpp/watch-big-mouth-cast-and-crew-happily-celebrate-lee-jong-suks-birthday-on-drama-set

• Like 4

Spoiler

[FANS SUPPORT]

2022.07.29 MBC 'Big Mouth' Production Presentation.

Actor Lee Jong Suk Cheering Dreamy Rice Wreath - LOVE JONG SUK . JP

https://twitter.com/dreamecokr/status/1553056772721500162

MBC 'Big Mouth' production presentation Actor LEEJONGSUK 李鐘奭 Cheering Dreamy Rice Wreath - Actor Lee Jong Suk Official Fan Cafe WithJS Japan CLUB-JP

Spoiler

• Like 1

• hilllllllly changed the title to Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Current Drama: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 (Fri/Sat on MBC & Disney+) | Current Movie: The Witch 2: The Other One, 마녀2 (June 15, 2022) | Upcoming Movie: Decibel, 데시벨

2022.07.29 Big Mouth Press Conference

Photo time: Lee Jong Suk, Yoon A and main cast.

Credit as tagged

FYz6EIkakAA1SQ9?format=jpg&name=medium

Spoiler

FYz5q3RaAAAUveE?format=jpg&name=medium

FYz5q3pacAAKFqC?format=jpg&name=medium

e83b487f78435ed2755fb4a640a75eb2.jpg

81d6d79363280fa8a2399a91803283a7.jpg

Product Presentation Introduction

FYz82ccaIAAbvmA?format=jpg&name=medium

16bb10a7b33833e546ffbbf199c5aca4.jpg

YA and Jong Suk on working together.

They both said how its a shame that they didn't have that many scenes together. But still they are thrilled to be working as newlyweds.

Jong Suk said, that he is aware of the expectations of them acting as newlyweds, but they will be a couple who will be acting more separately, more on his character thinking of Yoona's, and added that by watching Yoona's scenes and seeing her working so hard, so he did the same.

YA said how the viewers might feel there isn't a lot of scene of them together (Jong Suk), but there will be a lot of flashback scenes which they poured a lot of affection too.

Via: https://twitter.com/soonkyupsal/status/1552852515796176896

• Like 4

Here are the ratings for Episode 2! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Meanwhile, MBC’s new noir drama “Big Mouth” held relatively steady with an average nationwide rating of 6.1 percent for its second episode. Despite a slight dip from its premiere the night before, “Big Mouth” still defended its title as the most-watched drama in its time slot.

“Alchemy Of Souls” Achieves Its Highest Saturday Ratings Yet + “Big Mouth” Remains No. 1 In Time Slot For 2nd Episode | Soompi

• Like 4