Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

On 9/7/2021 at 5:01 PM, kittyna said:

fan made these adorable My Sassy Girl dolls

Oh... These are so cute. :partyblob:

A food shop owner shared a photo with Joo Won from April this year probably. Joo Won went to eat there. First picture had his autograph.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTqgMgDFlxt/?utm_medium=copy_link

Also few other updates from Joo Won below (I know all of you know but just wanted keep a record on the thread)

1. Joo Won shared Par Geonil's story with him rememring military days.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTZxGO6pC8D/?utm_medium=copy_link

Joo Won and Park Geonil formed their friendship in Army.. now they're lablemate.. Also as far as I've seen they have mutual friends.. So friendship probably grew very naturally. :)

2. This funny picture Joo Won drew which will gifted to lucky fund raiser for upcoming birthday celebration event. Don't remember the details but it seems some kind of charity event this year. Correct me if I wrong.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTkE-fRBJYC/?utm_medium=copy_link

I wonder what Joo Won drew in this picture... Agent Carter working hard? Anyways detailing is funny.. An angry sweaty running man with gardening knife in hand.. too much details isn't it?

3. A no face Joo Won giving a silent shout out to movie Hostage starring labelmate from SSC. :sweatingbullets:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTlvsHVJl4H/?utm_medium=copy_link

Anyone knows what he wrote?

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

I have seen JW's drew. I guess it's his new hair style in the Carter movie, and they want to keep everything in secret from the public until the day the movie is available. :dorashakes:

I have searched some news on JW recently (luckily I have a friend who can read Korean). It's true that JW has changed his attitude toward his career. He won't keep doing two project as the same time, or accepting continously offers like before . Actually, he has received countless offers on movies and dramas, but he rejected all and decided to go back directly to musical - his background after Alice. And he only made the decision on Carter when the Ghost musical was in the final period (JW received the offer on Carter at the end of last year). 

My friend also showed me many comments of Korean netizens on JW. They said he looks more mature after the discharge as his jawline is much more prominent now, but when he starts to talk, he's like a  younger brother. Others say after many years, he's still pure, sincere and humble as ever, didn't change anything, even his idea about love and marriage. My friends said many netizens repeat the word "pure" to describe JW's personality, esp in all of his interviews and talkshows. They also respect him  for his education, as JW graduates from 2 prestige private universities in Korea (bachelor and master). Not only us, Korean netizens also wonder why JW is good at everything, he has the face, the height, can sing and act, and graduates from one of the best uni in Korea. 

Many of his long-term fans really respect JW because he never forgets his background - musical. They went to the musical to support and enjoy his performance.  Many netizens say that because JW has been taken care very well by his family, he grows up with a lot of humanity and love from people around . That's why he has never changed after more than 10 years in the entertainment industry, and you can't get any negative news or rumor about him. 

For us as oversea fans, maybe it's quite difficult to witness this change, it's like he will appear and dissapear as he will go back and forth between movies, dramas and musical. But I will accept this, and wait patiently for his new projects. 

Between, I have watched some episodes of The Good Doctor -  US version, and I skipped after 3 or 4 eps. Actually I also like Freddie Highmore (in Bates Motel) and was quite excited to know Good Doctor was adapted to the US version. Unfortunately, I couldn't feel the adapted version, and it happened the same with my sister, she dropped after 3 eps. My sister is an objective viewer, but she said JW is unreplaceable as Park Shi On. I think maybe it depends on the culture and the taste of every viewer. 

I just wish to see JW in another drama like Bridal Mask, it's the genre he's at best with darkness , actions, emotions, conflict. Until now I still feel painful for Kangto, my all-time favorite character, second will be Park Shi On. 

:fullofhearts: there is another interesting fact I have found on JW. Many Korean fellows who had chances to see JW in real life, said that he has a very small face, long legs, very tall, and looks much more handsome and attractive than on screen. They say it's unbelievable that a person with that height and body proportion can have such a small face. Some even said they didn't know it's him when they saw him in real life, cause it's so different on screen. Some men also said they used to be in the same unit with JW when he's in the military. And said JW has a very good personality, and of course very handsome and tall. :))) 

Edited by Coco2000
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

@Coco2000if he came I knew that he is even more handsome in real life has very good proportions also as you explained that he has never been involved in scandals he graduated as you said in two great universities I also read it I wonder if someone can be as perfect as He is even really very jealous from now on who will be so lucky to have the love of joo won since he is a great person I hope he finds a great woman who has the same perspective on life and the same personality I think it would be the best and I would feel calmer also that he cannot be as active as before, I understand it but at the same time I feel so sad since I am not even active in making dramas etc it would be better to see it even on instagram but even there we can not see it I know that Joo Won loves his fans but there are times that I am doubting him since lately we have almost nothing of him but there times that I try to understand him I have several thoughts but still au n I do not understand his behavior right now it is so difficult to find out it would be better if each of us could see the thoughts of the others but still I can not leave him the time has come when I can not get away from him since I tamto his personality the way I he speaks and more his heart is what makes me want to support him with all my heart in all his works I think that is being someone's fangirl even if I see projects by other actors I can't feel a connection with the character or go as deep as I have made with joo won but hey I think it's time to get used to waiting too long since I reach 30 I think it can be so exhausting to live the life I had in my 20s and it is better that way I just hope and do not take too long

9 hours ago, Coco2000 said:

I have seen JW's drew. I guess it's his new hair style in the Carter movie, and they want to keep everything in secret from the public until the day the movie is available

by the way I don't know if you could say more opinions of the Korean netizens since I really would like more how the Koreans think about joo won

14 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

I wonder what Joo Won drew in this picture... Agent Carter working hard? Anyways detailing is funny.. An angry sweaty running man with gardening knife in hand.. too much details isn't it?

I don't know but I'm thinking about it and I think that he is sending us a message in the drawing that means that he is too busy and tired I think that may be that

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Hello Chingus!  I watched the American version of Good Doc too. The terrible me stopped watching after 10 mins! Thank goodness I am not the only one who felt this way. JW perfected the role so much so that I just couldn’t resonate with the American actor at all. With the sterling korean casts, nice music and omg JW’s singing the show was just memorable. I didn’t know he could sing so well. Regretted I didn’t watch his 1st musical in Seoul! 
Wonder if he would reunite with his ex gf BoA. While I was quite excited to hear about that relationship back then,  I thot it could b shortlived. JW comes across as a super low profile shy man and BoA is Boa, very lively. Nevertheless he deserves a nice good life partner. Hope he finds one soon. 
Stay safe, dear pals!

• Like 4

@Andrea Balcazar oh, be calm my friend. Joo Won is a very quite person, and in my opinion, he's extremely sensitive. That's why he wants to keep everything in private. Maybe you don't know but in the past, JW's name has been mentioned more than one time in articles talking about how actors and actresses in K-biz had to deal with physical and mental problems. For JW, he has to deal with both, he was always exhausted , both mentally and physically. And one more important thing, the k-net citizens are very harsh, they can say bad thing about anything and everyone. And of course JW is not out of that, when they can't bash his personality or private life (cause he has no scandal and very low-key), they try to mock and compare him with others, esp this time, since he's very quiet and the drama Alice was not a success . Actually I think after all the hard work, it's time that JW needs to live for himself. One of the reasons JW left 2 days 1 night is the awful comments from netizens. He felt painful about it, and when his fans critizises Choi Kang Hee (his partner in a drama), JW was very upset and even closed one of his fandom. JW is hard-working and strong, but he's also very sensitive. I think it's better that we leave him living the way he likes. Sure he's working hard now, from what I know the movie Carter is still going on. So be patient and wait, I have confidence that this movie will be a success, and soon we will get some news about his next project when Carter is finished. And of course, I won't forget Firefighters. :))))) 

18 hours ago, Tongtong said:

Hello Chingus!  I watched the American version of Good Doc too. The terrible me stopped watching after 10 mins! Thank goodness I am not the only one who felt this way. JW perfected the role so much so that I just couldn’t resonate with the American actor at all. With the sterling korean casts, nice music and omg JW’s singing the show was just memorable. I didn’t know he could sing so well. Regretted I didn’t watch his 1st musical in Seoul! 
Wonder if he would reunite with his ex gf BoA. While I was quite excited to hear about that relationship back then,  I thot it could b shortlived. JW comes across as a super low profile shy man and BoA is Boa, very lively. Nevertheless he deserves a nice good life partner. Hope he finds one soon. 
Stay safe, dear pals!

Ahhhh the musical, one of my friends went to Korea and see it in 2014. The theater was always full with JW performances. There were also a lot of oversea fans flew to Korea to see him. JW on the stage is totally different, his voice was not the best out of 3 main actors, but his acting and emotions were the best. JW doesn't have music professional training, he only loves musical and wants to do it. It's strange that he's shy to show his skin on screen, but in musical, he even took off his shirt. My friend told me he's a different person on stage, and of course very handsome and tall. The camera never does enough justice to his face. 

• Like 5

@Coco2000 oh no, I am so out of touch, what did the fans say about Choi kang hee? I watched that episode on 2D1N- they seem like great pals, she is quite pleasant, and JW genuinely cares for her. I thot those moments were so sweet. I checked his musical trailers last year. My eyes nearly popped out when I saw he took off his shirt in the musical. Lol.. so shy on drama, and so bold in the musical. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Tongtong said:

Stay safe, dear pals!

I also like a lot boa I am also a fan of hers but I think that several years have passed I do not think they will be together again they are both good people but I do not think they are destined to be together

3 hours ago, Coco2000 said:

oh, be calm my friend. Joo Won is a very quite person, and in my opinion, he's extremely sensitive. That's why he wants to keep everything in private. Maybe you don't know but in the past, JW's name has been mentioned more than one time in articles talking about how actors and actresses in K-biz had to deal with physical and mental problems. For JW, he has to deal with both, he was always exhausted , both mentally and physically. And one more important thing, the k-net citizens are very harsh, they can say bad thing about anything and everyone. And of course JW is not out of that, when they can't bash his personality or private life (cause he has no scandal and very low-key), they try to mock and compare him with others, esp this time, since he's very quiet and the drama Alice was not a success . Actually I think after all the hard work, it's time that JW needs to live for himself. One of the reasons JW left 2 days 1 night is the awful comments from netizens. He felt painful about it, and when his fans critizises Choi Kang Hee (his partner in a drama), JW was very upset and even closed one of his fandom. JW is hard-working and strong, but he's also very sensitive. I think it's better that we leave him living the way he likes. Sure he's working hard now, from what I know the movie Carter is still going on. So be patient and wait, I have confidence that this movie will be a success, and soon we will get some news about his next project when Carter is finished. And of course, I won't forget Firefighters. :))))) 

if you are right what you say i think if i could have met joo won a few years ago i would like to see him known as you know him i will just have patience until he appears

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Tongtong said:

@Coco2000 oh no, I am so out of touch, what did the fans say about Choi kang hee? I watched that episode on 2D1N- they seem like great pals, she is quite pleasant, and JW genuinely cares for her. I thot those moments were so sweet. I checked his musical trailers last year. My eyes nearly popped out when I saw he took off his shirt in the musical. Lol.. so shy on drama, and so bold in the musical. 

At that time, he was young and his fans were young also. JW showed a lot of affection to CKH. His fans were afraid that he would date with her. We all know how JW is always immersed in his role, and he really loves the person who will play his partner. In Korea, the press always has always tried to make bigger the problems whenever JW is in a new project. They try to make titles like JW is in love with all his partners, and changes from one to another. And it really hurts him a lot. JW is very naive and sensitive to what others talk about him.  

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Coco2000 said:

At that time, he was young and his fans were young also. JW showed a lot of affection to CKH. His fans were afraid that he would date with her. We all know how JW is always immersed in his role, and he really loves the person who will play his partner. In Korea, the press always has always tried to make bigger the problems whenever JW is in a new project. They try to make titles like JW is in love with all his partners, and changes from one to another. And it really hurts him a lot. JW is very naive and sensitive to what others talk about him.  

It is true what you say to tell you the truth, when I saw that he behaved like that with choi kang hee I also got so jealous with his co-stars in the musical ghost that he made me see so many kiss scenes again I really got so jealous although with the only one I did not get like that, it is with kim tae hee or uee really with one of them I wanted to see him also, you also know, it seems that jop won is affected by what others say about him since he said that he wanted to improve his body more already that he would feel so dissatisfied and he does not focus on his acting when he does that type of scene so I prefer not to offer that type of scenes anymore the poor man had to diet more than normal and get more muscles to give fanservice to the fans

• Like 3

On 9/14/2021 at 10:38 PM, Andrea Balcazar said:

On 9/20/2021 at 1:29 PM, Andrea Balcazar said:

joo won write a message for the chuseok celebration I hope he also has a rest since carter rushes to film since I saw that they made up that this same year it was released also I heard that this month filming could end

Today JW has received another food truck from Japanese fans. I think maybe it's also for his birthday. It's really cute how often he adds funny icons to his story in ins. This filming  is extremely strict with information and security, so we can't get any info about him. Patiently wait for his news. 

Bt, I've just discovered how his face has changed, the jawline is much stronger now, makes him look much manlier. But after watching his appearance on Radio Star last year, I know his personality is still the same, as bubbly as ever, even through he doesn't talk a lot. :selfie2:

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

17 hours ago, Coco2000 said:

Today JW has received another food truck from Japanese fans. I think maybe it's also for his birthday. It's really cute how often he adds funny icons to his story in ins. This filming  is extremely strict with information and security, so we can't get any info about him. Patiently wait for his news. 

Bt, I've just discovered how his face has changed, the jawline is much stronger now, makes him look much manlier. But after watching his appearance on Radio Star last year, I know his personality is still the same, as bubbly as ever, even through he doesn't talk a lot. :selfie2:

You are right because of what I saw was for his birthday since they also sent the birthday party if I have also seen that change in Alice so I realized I think it is because he is very thin I think that is why she is more noticeable jaw although I prefer his current face to tell the truth now I find him much more handsome if from what I see he has not changed much there by the way I was very jealous when there was a pure kiss scene in the musical ghost I swear I thought joo won was in love with The other actress, I think, continues to use the same practice that I have been falling in love with for years so that people will fall in love, but after the project ends, he puts her feelings aside

• Like 4

EVENT Alert! What do you think should happen next? Calling all drama viewers who have an opinion on which direction a drama should be heading in. Here is your chance to play PDnim. Participate in this joint screenwriting game and lets see what kind of drama Soompi chingus come up with. Surely, it will be better than some of the duds we have been subjected to, right? :lol:

re: @partyon, @Lmangla, @Sleepy Owl, @confusedheart, @agenth

• Like 3

Today's news:

Joowon Global Fan Club Association, 'Hun Hoon' to practice good influence on the birthday celebration

0002991502_001_20210927093912724.jpg?typ

Actor Joo Won's birthday was approaching, and his fans practiced a good influence.

According to the agency Studio Santa Claus on the 27th, the Joowon Global Fan Club Association and the Joowon Global Fan Association Volunteer Corps, which gathered at the Catholic Love and Peace House on the 25th, thoroughly abided by quarantine rules, prepared 450 lunch boxes from cooking, packaging, and delivery. He devoted himself to the service.

In celebration of Joo Won's birthday on September 30th, he went on a special lunch box sharing service for the elderly living hard in the jjokbang village of Seoul Station by raising donations through sharing funding with a good change NGO organization.

In the meantime, Joowon Global Fan Association has been continuously sharing and volunteering, such as creating a Joowon forest to reduce carbon, volunteering for murals to improve the environment in vulnerable areas, helping flower farmers affected by COVID-19, and donating 6 tons of rice to the vulnerable groups. with a positive influence.

This project is meaningful in that domestic and foreign fans participated in the 10 o'clock donation, setting an example of fan culture, and providing support like Danbi to underprivileged seniors suffering from prolonged COVID-19.

Joowon Global Fan Association, who prepared the sharing service, said, "Now that we are having a harder time than ever with Corona 19, on the occasion of actor Joo Won's birthday, we will collect donations at 10 o'clock with fans and do a lunch box sharing service together. "As we have done so far, the actor Joo Won fans are trying to support his activities by practicing continuous good influence with Joo Won."

Meanwhile, Joo Won will appear in the Netflix original movie 'Carter'. 'Carter' is an action blockbuster that depicts the breathtaking chase of Agent Carter, who is put into a mysterious operation without losing all his memories.

Reporter Minkyung Kang light39@mtstarnews.com

News link:

https://entertain.naver.com/movie/now/read?oid=108&aid=0002991502

Joo won acknowledged in his IG stories:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUTppdjplJ1/?utm_medium=copy_link

"여러분이 저의 팬이여서 자랑스러워요"

" I'm proud that you're my fans."

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

On 9/26/2021 at 10:55 PM, flutterby06 said:

Actor Joo Won's birthday was approaching, and his fans practiced a good influence.

According to the agency Studio Santa Claus on the 27th, the Joowon Global Fan Club Association and the Joowon Global Fan Association Volunteer Corps, which gathered at the Catholic Love and Peace House on the 25th, thoroughly abided by quarantine rules, prepared 450 lunch boxes from cooking, packaging, and delivery. He devoted himself to the service.

In celebration of Joo Won's birthday on September 30th, he went on a special lunch box sharing service for the elderly living hard in the jjokbang village of Seoul Station by raising donations through sharing funding with a good change NGO organization.

In the meantime, Joowon Global Fan Association has been continuously sharing and volunteering, such as creating a Joowon forest to reduce carbon, volunteering for murals to improve the environment in vulnerable areas, helping flower farmers affected by COVID-19, and donating 6 tons of rice to the vulnerable groups. with a positive influence.

This project is meaningful in that domestic and foreign fans participated in the 10 o'clock donation, setting an example of fan culture, and providing support like Danbi to underprivileged seniors suffering from prolonged COVID-19.

Joowon Global Fan Association, who prepared the sharing service, said, "Now that we are having a harder time than ever with Corona 19, on the occasion of actor Joo Won's birthday, we will collect donations at 10 o'clock with fans and do a lunch box sharing service together. "As we have done so far, the actor Joo Won fans are trying to support his activities by practicing continuous good influence with Joo Won."

Meanwhile, Joo Won will appear in the Netflix original movie 'Carter'. 'Carter' is an action blockbuster that depicts the breathtaking chase of Agent Carter, who is put into a mysterious operation without losing all his memories.

Reporter Minkyung Kang light39@mtstarnews.com

News link:

https://entertain.naver.com/movie/now/read?oid=108&aid=0002991502

Joo won acknowledged in his IG stories:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUTppdjplJ1/?utm_medium=copy_link

"여러분이 저의 팬이여서 자랑스러워요"

" I'm proud that you're my fans."

proud of joo won fan club they always do good work and are good-hearted like joo won:hwaiting2:

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Happy birthday to Uri Joo Won ..:partyblob:

I hope he's having a great day. Is he filming today? If he is hope he enjoys his birthday in the set. Or is he having a off day for birthday? Either way hope he has an wonderful day.

FAXS_uwWUAM8M6g?format=jpg&name=small

Studio Santa wished Joo Won with a ID which we're seeing for the first time. Likely to be taken during Mokkan Magazine pictorial.

FAgJvahUYAEn5sy?format=jpg&name=medium

From insta post: https://www.instagram.com/p/CUbTbfmpp6M/?utm_medium=copy_link

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

News today:

Good Change, Actor Joo Won Fan Union and Jjokbang Village Lunchbox Sharing Volunteer

0003384538_001_20210930112009473.jpg?type=w430view original
Good Change, an incorporated association , announced on the 30th that it conducted a lunchbox sharing volunteer activity with actor Joo Won's global fan association to practice good influence .

This volunteer activity was held on the 25th in celebration of Joo Won's birthday (September 30 ) . As the novel coronavirus infection (COVID- 19 ) continues to spread, we delivered lunches to the elderly living alone in the Seoul Station jjokbang village. To commemorate Joo Won's birthday, Joo Won Supporters conducted a sharing fund for the past month with domestic and foreign fans, and raised donations through this. On the morning of the 25th , when the volunteer work was conducted , they gathered at the Catholic Love and Peace House located in Huam-dong, Yongsan-gu, Seoul, and prepared and delivered lunch boxes for 450 senior citizens living alone, including preparing ingredients and washing rice . A person in charge of Joowon Supporters, who started volunteering, said, “I came here knowing that there were many difficulties, but I didn’t know that the elderly were living in such a poor place. It seems that we have received a bigger gift from our hearts. In the future, I will continue to practice my influence for good with the activities of actor Joo Won.”

Meanwhile, Joo Won's Global Fan Association has been supporting actor Joo Won's activities and continuing various volunteer activities. Composition Joowon forests for carbon reduction, murals outreach, Corona vulnerable areas for improving the environment 19 to help avoid floriculture farms, corona 19 was 6 tons of rice to the vulnerable feelings such activities.

Reporter Yoon Woo-yeol, Donga.com cloudancer@donga.com

Source: https://n.news.naver.com/article/020/0003384538

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

7 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

Happy birthday to Uri Joo Won ..:partyblob:

I hope he's having a great day. Is he filming today? If he is hope he enjoys his birthday in the set. Or is he having a off day for birthday? Either way hope he has an wonderful day

From what I saw the fans prepared like a local to celebrate his birthday and he was and also a girl in charge of that I said that again I was with the costumes that we saw in the gym I wonder why it covers a lot you should netflix is too strict

• Like 3

@flutterby06

Wow, thanks muchly for sharing the photo! I can now remember JW’b/ date as its my son’s army enlistment today (30/9). Lol.. coincidentally my family is currently watching a rerun of My Sassy Girl. Lovely to see JW.  His western spectacles/glasses is so cool! Its quite a nice easygoing show.
To all chingus, Stay well and stay safe! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 2