Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

47 minutes ago, kittyna said:

It does look like he's wrapped the ankle that doesn't have a scrape, but I'm holding out hope that it's more a precautionary or preventative measure.

Honestly, if it's something more serious, it would end up all over the news (or at least on Instagram) sooner or later. And considering that you guys were talking about this 17/18 hours ago at the time that I'm writing and still nothing newer than this under the "joo won" Instagram tag...yeah, I rest my case. Flimsy evidence, I know, but it's still worth noting.

But that said, there will always be a risk of serious injury - and minor injuries (cuts, scrapes, bruises, etc.) are par for the course. I remember, for instance, when JW showed on Life Log how often he would get bruises on his legs from doing some of the more intense choreography in Ghost. They were quite scary to look at, but he just shrugged them off like he was used to it.

I do not think it is something serious but hey I hope you are careful with action scenes filming such scenes requires a lot of strength and agility to perform them and learn each step and if it does not go well, repeat it again I think that could make the coach come now to the filming to add more muscle to his body and have more strength to do it but I hope he does not reach the other extreme his body I do not think it would be very healthy to be very bulky

• Like 3

20 hours ago, kittyna said:

Honestly, if it's something more serious, it would end up all over the news (or at least on Instagram) sooner or later. And considering that you guys were talking about this 17/18 hours ago at the time that I'm writing and still nothing newer than this under the "joo won" Instagram tag...yeah, I rest my case. Flimsy evidence, I know, but it's still worth noting.

But that said, there will always be a risk of serious injury - and minor injuries (cuts, scrapes, bruises, etc.) are par for the course. I remember, for instance, when JW showed on Life Log how often he would get bruises on his legs from doing some of the more intense choreography in Ghost. They were quite scary to look at, but he just shrugged them off like he was used to it.

Speaking of Joo Won's injury.. It doesn't often come to news very quickly sometimes.

I remember reading in soompi thread before that how the news of Joo Won's injury shared way later than usual.. It was probably posted around 2013, during 2d1n days. 

Also if I remember he was injured in movie 'The Guy/Fatal Intuition' filming.. His head was hurt and literally blood oozing. But this only came to light when Joo Won talked about it himself in press conference.

Probably around June there was a post in dc that Joo Won had been seen in Cheognju Hospital when he was filming Carter in Cheongju.. It seemed something to do with his back. Anyways we have no way to verify because there's no news(which I hope indicates that nothing major happened). We only saw a part of his injury because trainer-nim posted it. Otherwise we'd probably know about this way later. This is probably Joo Won's style not to fuss about it before necessary. 

https://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=joowon&no=322451&page=1

I think trainer-nim went with Joo Won so he doesn't overwork on his strength. There's thing one should try and should not try when there's injury. 

I hope Joo Won and Carter team can complete filming safely without further harm.

17 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

It is great to investigate in naver I really find things from the filming I just found it seems to be the place they are filming now

https://m.blog.naver.com/PostView.naver?isHttpsRedirect=true&blogId=kkjmmo68&logNo=222429636065&proxyReferer=android-app:%2F%2Fcom.google.android.googlequicksearchbox%2F

@Andrea Balcazar nice findings.... Looks like a lot of CGI work will be done. It's probably the last filming site before current location Daejeon. Because we mountains and last few coffee trucks were sent into mountain area.

I found something today tooo.. But it's old post from June. It said Carter production was building a set in a Stadium at Daejeon. I wonder if they're filming again in the same place/set in Daejeon.

20210608%EF%BC%BF160035.jpg?type=w800

The post is from a glass company who built the set. It said-

''We built a film set at the Daejeon World Cup Stadium in Noeun-dong and filmed this week's Thu.

How many times do you say

It's a rare sight in Daejeon, so I'll have to visit it once in a while.

Actor Joo Won was great when he was in Gaksital.

This movie is also known as an action spy movie.''

https://m.blog.naver.com/PostView.naver?isHttpsRedirect=true&blogId=kkjmmo68&logNo=222429636065&proxyReferer=android-app:%2F%2Fcom.google.android.googlequicksearchbox%2F

It's interesting the many places you can found information from other than actual production team source- So far we've got info from filming set maker, costume maker, coffee truck reports...

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, flutterby06 said:

I think trainer-nim went with Joo Won so he doesn't overwork on his strength. There's thing one should try and should not try when there's injury. 

I hope Joo Won and Carter team can complete filming safely without further harm.

ohh reason he also went to the recording set today by the way I'm kind of curious to know how Joo won's body is now I really hope he hasn't taken the volume of his muscles to another level I really would like to see him with light muscles not so bulky

Also if I remember he was injured in movie 'The Guy/Fatal Intuition' filming.. His head was hurt and literally blood oozing. But this only came to light when Joo Won talked about it himself in press conference.

Probably around June there was a post in dc that Joo Won had been seen in Cheognju Hospital when he was filming Carter in Cheongju.. It seemed something to do with his back. Anyways we have no way to verify because there's no news(which I hope indicates that nothing major happened). We only saw a part of his injury because trainer-nim posted it. Otherwise we'd probably know about this way later. This is probably Joo Won's style not to fuss about it before necessary. 

wow that I really did not know thanks for the information and I also agree with you joo won does not usually make it public if it is not something serious so that the fans do not worry if I saw that he went to the hospital in June I hope it is not some fracture grave on his back

The post is from a glass company who built the set. It said-

''We built a film set at the Daejeon World Cup Stadium in Noeun-dong and filmed this week's Thu.

How many times do you say

It's a rare sight in Daejeon, so I'll have to visit it once in a while.

Actor Joo Won was great when he was in Gaksital.

This movie is also known as an action spy movie.''

I think I shared this the previous time here somehow seeing these filming places makes me wonder what they will be recording in that place so only when the film is released will we know it as you say it seems that the filming is very cautious I guess how is the first production tries to be everything so as not to give any spoilers or details of the casting

• Like 4

7 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

This is probably Joo Won's style not to fuss about it before necessary. 

I think so too... unless it's a major injury, I don't think Joo Won will make a big deal out of it. He's also the sort that will push through despite having been injured. During his Baker King days, when he hit his head on the pavement I think (or some hard surface) during filming that scene where Majun and Takgu were running while tied together in the market, he lost consciousness for a few seconds and had to go to the emergency room, but he returned to the set a couple of hours later so as not to inconvenience filming too much. Something similar happened during his 1N2D days too when he was hit during that chicken leg game with the American football team and hurt his nose. The only time I remember filming really having to halt for a couple of days due to an injury Joo Won incurred was when Kang Hee noona hit him with that bowl of noodles while filming the scooter chase scene in 7th GCS. 

Like you guys all said, I also truly hope Joo Won can finish filming Carter as safely as possible, without any severe injuries. 

Again an early start today for Joo Won and Park Jeong Sik. I hope the fact that trainernim didn't post anything yesterday means that Joo Won got to sleep a little longer^^ 

leaderswithus-hulk-20210726-0.jpg%22

(Today's insta story by Park Jeong Sik)

There's also a new funding project from zu.won_supporters :partyblob:

This might be interesting for those who would love to own that pretty clutch with Joo Won's design on it. 

Here's a google translation from their post: 

"This is a more luxurious clutch than the "Joowon Clutch" that actor Joo Won drew himself.
Many people have inquired about it, and the response from actor Joo Won's company and Carter's site was really good, so I requested an additional order.

Actor Joo Won said, "It's well made.."
This is the biggest compliment to our Ttuk-Tuk actor. LOL
@zu.won_moon.jun.won

The reaction from the scene was also “It’s very popular”
Of course. Of course. Because our actor Joo Won drew it. #Hahaha

We will send out to 30 people who meet the conditions on a first-come, first-served basis.
Delivery is expected around August 10th. .
(The original production period is 10 working days, but it is expected to be delayed due to the summer vacation season.)

The funds raised this time will be used for a coffee support truck at the next outdoor filming location.

I prepared this pretty clutch with a lot of participation because I wanted to share this pretty clutch with a picture drawn by Joo Won with more fans."

Screenshot-20210726-055938-Chrome.jpg

Google translation of the text in the image: 

"A pouch made by Moon Jun-won's own drawing
We write to the first 30 people who deposit more than 33,333 won!
After depositing KRW 33,333, DM us the name of the depositor, address and name to receive goods, and phone number.
However, participants outside of Japan will incur an additional EMS fee of KRW 10,000.

Deposit account: SC 100-20-560983 ㅇㅁㅇ
paypal : flowers3504@naver.com

※Automatic termination when 30 people deposit ※ " 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

In Park Jeong Sik's latest insta post he mentions being at the Studio Cube set in Daejeon today (with Gina and Joo Won. I wonder what role Gina plays in coming along? A professional or a friendship one?^^) 

I found this article from 2017 related to Studio Cube which is located at the Expo Science Park in Daejeon (I had shared an article about the construction of that park in 2013 a little while back) and I thought I'd share this one too~ 

It says among other things: 

"The facility is equipped with a supersized studio of 5,000 square meters, which is more than double the size of the one in Wonbang Studio, Gyeonggi Province, which was previously the largest of its kind in the country. Studio Cube also has four general studios; a studio with special sets like an operating room, a courtroom, a jail and an airport; and a special-effects studio, as well as state-of-the-art production equipment and ancillary facilities related to filming and shooting dramas." 

This facility must be humungous! And very helpful for film- and drama makers in South Korea. No wonder quite a bit of the Carter filming has been happening in and around Daejeon. 

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Calli said:

In Park Jeong Sik's latest insta post he mentions being at the Studio Cube set in Daejeon today (with Gina and Joo Won. I wonder what role Gina plays in coming along? A professional or a friendship one?^^) 

I think it is for friendship more than for anything she is not an actress but an athlete so I know as always the trainer informing us of anything haha had never seen that kind of thing that the trainer is the one who tells everything about the actor I think more work gace that his same agency I hope the contract with joo wonny will expire soon he decides to finally change his agency is not of great help or anything like that nor the name of joo won's fans have decided yet

• Like 3

EVENT ALERT! As many of the dramas are on a break for Olympics, we thought it will be fun to have an Olympics theme poll. What sports would you participate in if you were a super athlete? Join us for some sports related fun and chatter! 

re: @partyon, @Sleepy Owl, @confusedheart326, @agenth, @Lmangla 

Soompi_Advent_mini.jpg

December 14th

edit by @agenth

vienna-wurstelstand-weihnachtsmarkt-klos

full.jpg

Christmas time is also a time where you can visit Christmas markets in this corner of the world - many public places are converted into open-air markets with stalls for food and beverages to holiday-themed gifts and other trinkets. Beyond nice Christmas lights, meeting friends, and eating, it's also a tradition to drink Punsch (hot Christmas-y drink) for yuletide cheer (and to brave standing in the cold!). 

There are many variations of Punsch (some fruity, some nutty, from creative to traditional; and with or without alcohol).

You can find a simple recipe here (non-alcoholic):

https://bowsessed.com/day-16-warm-christmas-punch/

What are your favourite drinks for Christmas? Hot chocolate? Mulled wine? Do you also visit Christmas markets?

Edited by agenth
soompi advent calendar 2021
  • Like 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 3

16 minutes ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

I think it is for friendship more than for anything she is not an actress but an athlete

The friendship option as to why Gina tagged along sounds more likely to me too... must be soooo cool to belong to Joo Won's circle of friends and gym family and to get to go along to some of his sets and see him film live! 

As far as Joo Won changing agencies goes, I honestly don't see that happening... He's been with his agency (and its various changes in name and form) since he first signed with them back in April 2010. And he seems like the very very loyal type. I could be wrong of course, but unless something happens that Joo Won judges as major and insurmountable, I can see him staying with his agency for life^^ 

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

5 hours ago, Calli said:

As far as Joo Won changing agencies goes, I honestly don't see that happening... He's been with his agency (and its various changes in name and form) since he first signed with them back in April 2010. And he seems like the very very loyal type. I could be wrong of course, but unless something happens that Joo Won judges as major and insurmountable, I can see him staying with his agency for life^^ 

Too bad the truth is that their agency does not promote it or anything, even in the movies that the agency made, it was very bad for them, the truth is there are better agencies and as you say, joo won is very faithful to the agency that seems to stay there forever. joo won think about your future and realize that the agency does not benefit you at all

6 hours ago, Calli said:

The friendship option as to why Gina tagged along sounds more likely to me too... must be soooo cool to belong to Joo Won's circle of friends and gym family and to get to go along to some of his sets and see him film live! 

if it is more likely friendship than anything joo won is very friendly by the way it seems that the only one who uses the gym more diligently seems to be joo won and read yes young since I don't see the other gym members much

• Like 3

So it seems red_chaewon77 sent Joo Won and his staff a lovely buffet today.

Here are Joo Won's three insta story posts in the order he posted them~

Screenshot-20210728-064244-Instagram.jpg

(banner: "actor Joo Won and all the staff
Enjoy your meal and cheer up!"

Joo Won's caption: "thank you for the food"

literal translation: "with thanks I/we will eat it well")

zu-won-moon-jun-won-20210728-1.jpg

zu-won-moon-jun-won-20210728-2.jpg

(Joo Won's caption: "it's delicious" in cute^^)

I wonder who red_chaewon77 is? Joo Won is following her on insta so maybe she's a friend? 

I'm also wondering where she sent the food to? Could they have set up this lovely buffet on the Carter set? Or at the agency? 

No matter what, our Joo Won gets to enjoy yummy food today^^ 

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, Calli said:

I wonder who red_chaewon77 is? Joo Won is following her on insta so maybe she's a friend? 

I'm also wondering where she sent the food to? Could they have set up this lovely buffet on the Carter set? Or at the agency? 

No matter what, our Joo Won gets to enjoy yummy food today^^ 

I think Joo won met her at a social gathering, maybe at wedding(I am not sure). But,  I vaguely remember seeing these two in wedding group photo

Nevertheless, this buffet would have really cheered Joo won's staff and joo won and gave them some respite from hectic shooting schedule

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

7 hours ago, Calli said:

No matter what, our Joo Won gets to enjoy yummy food today

from what I've seen she also plays golf I guess they met playing golf boa also follows her

i heard that all korean golf fans know each other until lee seung gi said it as a joke in masterhouse in a chapter

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

8 hours ago, Calli said:

So it seems red_chaewon77 sent Joo Won and his staff a lovely buffet today.

Here are Joo Won's three insta story posts in the order he posted them~

(banner: "actor Joo Won and all the staff
Enjoy your meal and cheer up!"

Joo Won's caption: "thank you for the food"

literal translation: "with thanks I/we will eat it well")

(Joo Won's caption: "it's delicious" in cute^^)

It's most probably for filming set because that will be the proper way to cheer for Joo Won.. Looks like they had a feast today.. Good to see friends of Joo Won cheering on him. :partyblob:

Like @Andrea Balcazar I also noticed she plays golf.. So a friend/acquaintance from golf is my guess too. 

Leaving two beautiful fan art.

One of Park Jin Gyeom (Alice)

E7TsbVDWEBAaC-y?format=jpg&name=large

Source: https://twitter.com/wutb__/status/1420019740651753473

Another fan art portraying a picture of Theater+ magazine Photoshoot.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CR1ttX3ppSf/

• Like 5

@Calli@flutterby06@Kittyna@kireeti2@valinor500It seems that joo won tanned for the role of carter in the comments of this post this

wow seems to be that joo won also shaved his hair completely leaving him bald I guess that is why it is not shown to the public I mean he does not publish anything on instagram

It seems that Joo Won is also filming with a child

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 1

17 minutes ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

@Calli@flutterby06@Kittyna@kireeti2@valinor500It seems that joo won tanned for the role of carter in the comments of this post this

wow seems to be that joo won also shaved his hair completely leaving him bald I guess that is why it is not shown to the public I mean he does not publish anything on instagram

Hide contents

Awesome detective work, @Andrea Balcazar:coolshades:

Agent Carter wouldn't be able to hide himself long when so many people are looking forward to Joo Won's movie. :getmygrooveon:

Joo Won had a tanned look on Fatal Intuition. He looked good, tanning suits him..  

Shaved head.. is it full shaved or just a little amount of hair I wonder because if I remember correctly either @Andrea Balcazar you or I shared a fan post where it said he has a short hair wearing black coat. It's probably a post on July.

Searching more on Naver Cafe I found another fan post shared on July 1 2021.

The post said-

"They're shooting a movie called Carter starring Joo Won . Ju Won is coming soon today. He(or I ?) was on his way to the gym. There are so many motorcycles so I asked and they said it's an action movie."

Comments said-

1. What time will he come? I miss Juwon.^^

2. I want to go too.. curious to see (how JW look like) Joo Won in person.

3. I wonder what Joo Won look like in person.ㅜㅜ

4. Ah.. this kind of work . ㅜㅜ

https://m.cafe.naver.com/ca-fe/web/cafes/29595046/articles/50074?art=aW50ZXJuYWwtY2FmZS13ZWItc2VjdGlvbi1zZWFyY2gtbGlzdA.eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJjYWZlVHlwZSI6IkNBRkVfVVJMIiwiYXJ0aWNsZUlkIjo1MDA3NCwiY2FmZVVybCI6ImxvdmVpbm9zb25nIiwiaXNzdWVkQXQiOjE2Mjc0ODIzOTExMzd9.vXgXWxE10cxdIB4W-jINGoQh3_F_gFjq_H9mB_P7o7M

• Like 6

Joo Won had a tanned look on Fatal Intuition. He looked good, tanning suits him..  

Shaved head.. is it full shaved or just a little amount of hair I wonder because if I remember correctly either @Andrea Balcazar you or I shared a fan post where it said he has a short hair wearing black coat. It's probably a post on July.

I think it may be that after he has cut his hair to make a scene that was necessary to cut his hair, sometimes that usually happens there times when the actors cut their hair for a specific scene

If, as you say, joo won has a great tan, I have not seen actors that fit him just like joo won I love that skin color looks very great I remember in that movie he tried to look bad haha but his beautiful face could not pretend that even being without makeup was beautiful

i

Searching more on Naver Cafe I found another fan post shared on July 1 2021.

With what he shaved his hair I was wrong haha he made a short hairstyle I do not shave it I thought so but translating the message I just saw that it is not like that I like it when joo won has short hair it always looks great

Awesome detective work, @Andrea Balcazar:coolshades:

Agent Carter wouldn't be able to hide himself long when so many people are looking forward to Joo Won's movie. :getmygrooveon:

haha if that was really from last month I don't know how now I just found that post it seems that there may be more joo won posts that I still can't find

How do you say it is really difficult for him to hide haha for a long time and several people have seen him less than us now is when I want to be part of the recording set to see joo won all day

They're shooting a movie called Carter starring Joo Won . Ju Won is coming soon today. He(or I ?) was on his way to the gym. There are so many motorcycles so I asked and they said it's an action movie."

the gym thing refers to joo won or the man who saw it I did not understand very well?

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

It seems that Joo Won is also filming with a child

We've already talked about it.. There's a child actress in Carter. The child is part of Agent Carter's mission.

14 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

With what he shaved his hair I was wrong haha he made a short hairstyle I do not shave it I thought so but translating the message I just saw that it is not like that I like it when joo won has short hair it always looks great

No but this post that you shared did say shaved. I mean translates to shaved hair.. May be he indeed shaved or may be the hair is so short that it seems almost shaved.

14 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

the gym thing refers to joo won or the man who saw it I did not understand very well?

I didn't understood that too.. whether the writer was taking about himself or Joo Won. The point is he didn't see Joo Won.

These post from onlookers are interesting.. giving us a few details about Joo Won's transformation for Carter. And one of major thing I look forward to see in each Joo Won project his transformation. :wow1:

• Like 5

Gym buddy Lee Si Young and Joo Won working out together again at Hulk trainer nim's gym.

Trainer nim uploaded story mentioning those two.. Looks like they ate together at the gym after/in between working out.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CR5ybw-AoV7/

Trainer nim said working hard on a day off.. Hopefully Joo Won has a day off from filming too.

• Like 4