Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

Lol!! Looks like we have tie breaker between Director Choi and Detective Go in poll :smiley:. Come to think of it, these two characters have lot similarities, like both of these have taken an outcast kid under their wing.

So, no wonder we have a tie

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 2

15 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

It is true certainly I recently remembered that yeojin had health problems so I think it was impossible to get pregnant since with pure surgery that they did, it would complicate the life of her baby and hers but I really wanted to see a part in which they would be parents and that ending left me unsatisfied

Yeah...I mean, I get what the writers were trying to do with the ending (Yong Pal was a live shoot drama, and suddenly got extended by two episodes, so they had to scramble to come up with new material :P), but given that they had extra time, I would have liked to see more of what happened after Yeo Jin's surgery. Like, how did her relationship with Tae Hyun work out? Did she really get a new lease on life - and does she adjust her leadership of Hanshin accordingly? Do the two of them get the happy family life (kids, but also the wedding she asked for) that they always wanted? 

lol - It's the sort of stuff that gets my creativity and imagination flowing, but I can see how it would be frustrating for viewers who want more closure ;) 

15 hours ago, agenth said:

I was intrigued a lot, especially could would be if there is a prequel with him and his partner :D to flesh out the story for time travellers and the agency!

lol - Glad I'm not the only one to want this! :coolshades:

for the end I would have wanted this story the one you told having children and that since both suffered and I think that if they had ended like this the drama would have been great but the writers ended it in such an exaggerated way

Aw...thanks! I'm glad you liked my little imaginative escapade there - it was a lot of fun to come up with those scenarios for this round of Scattergories :transforms:And maybe, one of the kids decides that he/she wants to become a doctor, just like daddy :) 

somehow the character of the drama did not interest me much I think it is because he had very little screen time

That's fair: we're all interested in different stories and characters, after all ;) I'd love to hear which Alice characters (besides Park Jin Gyeom, obviously) you thought were interesting :) 

9 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

Lol!! Looks like we have tie breaker between Director Choi and Detective Go in poll :smiley:. Come to think of it, these two characters have lot similarities, like both of these have taken an outcast kid under their wing.

So, no wonder we have a tie

Well, that's how the typical "father figure" storyline goes, so no surprise there. However, as of the moment that I'm writing this, the tie's been broken :P 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

23 minutes ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

a few hours ago it appeared to me that joo won updated his ig but when he opened it there was nothing in any way I was excited

Haha^^ Same here @Andrea Balcazar. I saw the notification on my phone that Joo Won posted an IG story only to open it and find nothing. But you know, since he decided to delete it so quickly I'm glad no one (it seems) got to see what it was.

Maybe he knows we got all excited though and he'll post something else soon as a consolation? *fingerscrossed* 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

8 minutes ago, Calli said:

Haha^^ Same here @Andrea Balcazar. I saw the notification on my phone that Joo Won posted an IG story only to open it and find nothing. But you know, since he decided to delete it so quickly I'm glad no one (it seems) got to see what it was.

Maybe he knows we got all excited though and he'll post something else soon as a consolation? *fingerscrossed* 

haha joo won is faster than flash that I can't get any of his fans to see him I hope it's what you say I hope he indicates his full face he only knows how to indicate a part that makes me miss him

51 minutes ago, kittyna said:

Aw...thanks! I'm glad you liked my little imaginative escapade there - it was a lot of fun to come up with those scenarios for this round of Scattergories :transforms:And maybe, one of the kids decides that he/she wants to become a doctor, just like daddy :) 

If I liked it very much, I would have wanted a similar ending

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

Chingus, here are my answers. Unfortunately I have only watched 2 Joo Won dramas in its entirety (Naeil's Cantabile and Good Doctor), and 1 Joo Won drama that I dropped (Alice).  So pardon for my limited answers. :kiss_wink:

1. My favorite JW drama dad

That would be his dad from Naeil's Cantabile.

2. My least favorite JW drama dad

Really hated the appa in Good Doctor. He was not a good dad to his son, even though there was later at least some kind of reconciliation.

3. My favorite paternal figure from a JW drama

I really liked Dr. Choi Woo Seok in Good Doctor. He was such a supportive and caring paternal figure. :kiss_wink:

4. My favorite father-son relationship in a JW drama

Gonna go with Good Doctor here again, but with paternal figure Dr. CWS instead.

5. The JW drama character I would most want to see as a dad

Good Doctor of course!

6. The JW drama character I think would make a terrible dad (Note: you decide what counts as "terrible")

I'm gonna say JW's character from Alice.

7. The JW drama character who is most likely to be the "fun" or "lax" dad

Ooh, this is easy! His character from Good Doctor. He would be so much fun and really caring too. :love:

9. The JW drama character who is most likely to be the "strict" dad

Naeil's Cantabile. Aigoo... He wasn't fun at all in that drama. :joy:

10.The JW drama dad I would most want to see a spinoff or alternate point-of-view story about (e.g. a spinoff of Alice where Yoo Min Hyuk's the lead)

Hmm... Alice!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

How sad to see how the Japanese Joo Won fans already have the magazine and here one without money

don't be sad @Andrea Balcazar!! I'm sure someone will share parts of it. And if they don't, I will receive my copy on July 2nd and will share it with you guys here~

edit: according to this article Joo Won's interview covers the first 9 pages of vol 103 of "I want to know more! Korean TV drama" magazine: "He talked about his thoughts on starting a new acting life with works in the science fiction genre and the story behind the shooting." (translation by google) So we have a long interview to look forward to, just like you hoped @flutterby06:hooray2:

Joo Won reposted _myok_'s insta story in his own story a little while ago and it got me curious about who she is^^

I was told by a fellow fan that she is one of Joo Won's staff members? 

I really love everything I've seen about Joo Won's relationship with his staff members, they seem like a really warm, close-knit family~

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

Hot off the press:- Joo Won section in Japanese Magazine consist 9 pages!!

I wonder how long the interview is... I'm so excited. 

The definitive edition of Korean magazine! "I want to know more! Korean TV drama" vol.103, released on June 21st

Media Boy Co., Ltd.
June 21, 2021 09:30

?action_Image=1&s=3&p=0000238645&id=body

The definitive edition of Korean magazine! "I want to know more! Korean TV drama" vol.103, released on June 21 If you are interested in Korean waves,

this one book will give you a complete understanding! "I want to know more! Korean TV drama" vol.103 will be released on June 21st.

The cover of this issue is Joo Won, a talented beautiful male actor! Exclusive catch of him who played the role of alexithymia in the return work "Alice (original title)" after the attention of the discharge. He talked about his thoughts on starting a new acting life with works in the science fiction genre and the story behind the shooting. We will deliver a long interview covering the first 9 pages with refreshing and cool gravure. In addition, in the opening interview, Song Joong Ki of "Vincenzo", which is a hot topic in Japan, Gong Yoo, Kang Ha Neul, Yeo Jin Goo, Yoon Shi Yoon & Park Sung Hoon will appear.

The drama features are the SF human drama "Alice (original title)" and "Penthouse (original title)", which recorded the highest audience rating of nearly 30% in South Korea. In "Alice (original title)", an interview with Kim Hee-sun and Kwak Si-yang, who played two roles per person, is posted. The talk by director Baek Soo-chan, who challenged the difficult genre of science fiction, is also a must-read.

Also Joo Won updated his IG Story by sharing this cute update from his agency noona Myok.

E4YSOoaUcAAEoA_?format=jpg&name=large

Text: 주원 박물관 관리견으로 취직

Literal translation: JOOWON MUSEUM MANAGEMENT DOG

Joo Won commented: 귀음

It probably means cute.

So to me it looks like this cute dot makes himself comfortable at Joo Won's corner in his agency, the gallery sort of thing. So Myok noona thought she'd share this cute incendent that Joo Won Museum has now a new guard.. :lol:

Edit:

The term Joo Won's museum reminds me of this vlive from Joo Won. I'm sure this was taken inside his agency from way they decorated the room with every Joo Won character poster. May be this room is part of that place.

https://www.vlive.tv/video/16366

@Calli you and I just posted the same thing.. :Ohboy3:and I'm very excited at the thought of that long interview.. :happy2:

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

On 26/5/2021 at 17:22, kittyna said:

: isannoyed:Chà - mọi người  thực sự  giàu trí tưởng tượng chỉ với những thứ nhỏ nhặt nhất, phải không? Đó là một điều tôi không ghen tị với JW (hoặc bất kỳ người nổi tiếng nào khác) về!

Giống @Calli, Tôi cũng thực sự rất, thực sự hạnh phúc cho JW nếu anh ấy hẹn hò - nhưng bắt đầu băn khoăn về điều đó chỉ khi thấy anh ấy đang nghe điện thoại của mình thì ... không có gì xúc phạm cả, các bạn, nhưng như vậy là quá đáng. Tôi biết tôi không muốn nhìn thấy cuộc sống và thói quen của chính mình bị soi xét như vậy - cũng như nhiều người hâm mộ - vậy tại sao mọi người sẽ không có những lo lắng đó một khi một người nổi tiếng tham gia ngoài tôi.

Đặc biệt nếu JW có lý do hoàn toàn chính đáng (và thực tế hơn nhiều) để sử dụng điện thoại của anh ấy vào thời điểm đó, như @Calli chỉ ra ở đây:

Nói như vậy, tôi không có lỗi với các bạn - tôi biết, @Andrea Balcazar, rằng bạn chỉ đang nói những gì bạn đã nghe.  : phê duyệt: Tôi chỉ nghĩ thật kỳ lạ khi một số người hâm mộ dường như đã suy đoán điều đó.

Theo cách tôi thấy: việc JW có hẹn hò hay không là việc của anh ấy - nếu có, anh ấy sẽ cho chúng tôi biết khi nào anh ấy cảm thấy đã đến thời điểm thích hợp. :bong mat:

Yes, he said it would be best for him to go public with the dating story, if he has the right audience...than letting the paparazzi take bad pictures, because once you're dating , no matter how discreet, they will still be able to capture it, the question is whether they want to take it or not. so he said...if I really have a date, when the time is right, I'll go public
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, flutterby06 said:

@Calli you and I just posted the same thing.. :Ohboy3:and I'm very excited at the thought of that long interview..

Haha^^ Joo Won loving minds think alike, @flutterby06:smooches3:

Edit:

The term Joo Won's museum reminds me of this vlive from Joo Won. I'm sure this was taken inside his agency from way they decorated the room with every Joo Won character poster. May be this room is part of that place.

Ooooh, it didn't occur to me before that Joo Won's LieV might have taken place at his agency. I've watched quite a few LieVs over the years (Junho's, 2PM's, SF9's, etc) and I always figured it was Naver that provided the special spaces for the broadcasts, with the staff (Naver's and the artists') decorating them. 

The thought of a Joo Won Museum at his agency is really cool though!! I'd visit in a heartbeat if I could and it was allowed^^

@JooWon89Welcome to the thread :waves:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

10 minutes ago, Calli said:

Ooooh, it didn't occur to me before that Joo Won's LieV might have taken place at his agency. I've watched quite a few LieVs over the years (Junho's, 2PM's, SF9's, etc) and I always figured it was Naver that provided the special spaces for the broadcasts, with the staff (Naver's and the artists') decorating them. 

The thought of a Joo Won Museum at his agency is really cool though!! I'd visit in a heartbeat if I could and it was allowed^^

Why I think it was a space for agency because it'd be more convenient for celebrities to do a LieV in their own comfortable space rather than vlive provided space. Also agency/staff of that celebrity gets to decorate that space as their own. 

That'll be more convenient so I just assumed.

And I assume a lot.. :eatscookie:

Oh How I would love to visit that place too if I was allowed. It'll be a treasure hunt moment for me.

Very glad to see a new member here @JooWon89. We welcome you. :foryou:

42 minutes ago, JooWon89 said:

Yes, he said it would be best for him to go public with the dating story, if he has the right audience...than letting the paparazzi take bad pictures, because once you're dating , no matter how discreet, they will still be able to capture it, the question is whether they want to take it or not. so he said...if I really have a date, when the time is right, I'll go public

May I know if you remember where he said it?

As far as I remember from a interview he expressed his will to date secretly if possible. As dating openly means privacy interruption.

Though after he seemed to be the type who'll admit about his dating someone if the news is already out.

And of course people preference/perception are subject to change. So if he has expressed somewhere that he'd like to date in public that's quite understandable too.

2 hours ago, Calli said:

was told by a fellow fan that she is one of Joo Won's staff members? 

I really love everything I've seen about Joo Won's relationship with his staff members, they seem like a really warm, close-knit family~

@Calli Myok in indeed a staff from Joo Won's management company. But to me she appeared as higher staff position like a part of main team.

She always  shares interesting be behind the scene stuffs related to Joo Won. Many of his unseen updates comes more from Myok noona ( well she's a Unni but I tend to all them as Joo Won calls her.) than Agency Page. He's very close with many of the staffs and she seemed to be one of the closest.

@Andrea BalcazarI think you said something about being surprised that Joo Won manager is same age as Joo Won. Joo Won previous mangeger Kim Jaecheon, who had been with him for 10 years was same age as him. He recently started his own agency along with some other staffs from Studio Santa Claus Entertainment. Saw some of the talent from SSC along with Joo Won and some (Lim Ji Yeon, Shin Ju Hwan) who used to part of SSC congratulating them on their opening. 

It just shows they have a sense of bonding among those who are in that agency and who left that agency.

Joo Won current manager Chu Donggon seems younger than him.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

2 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

Why I think it was a space for agency because it'd be more convenient for celebrities to do a LieV in their own comfortable space rather than vlive provided space. Also agency/staff of that celebrity gets to decorate that space as their own. 

I don't know if it's the case now, but there's also been a long history of JW doing interviews, social media updates, etc. at Morning Calm Village, which was owned by his agency (at least back when it was still SIM Entertainment).

• Like 4

3 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

think you said something about being surprised that Joo Won manager is same age as Joo Won. Joo Won previous mangeger Kim Jaecheon, who had been with him for 10 years was same age as him. He recently started his own agency along with some other staffs from Studio Santa Claus Entertainment. Saw some of the talent from SSC along with Joo Won and some (Lim Ji Yeon, Shin Ju Hwan) who used to part of SSC congratulating them on their opening. 

It just shows they have a sense of bonding among those who are in that agency and who left that agency.

Joo Won current manager Chu Donggon seems younger than him.

I wanted to ask the same thing since I had not seen the previous manager more and it is certainly true what you say is seen less than joo won

5 hours ago, Calli said:

don't be sad @Andrea Balcazar!! I'm sure someone will share parts of it. And if they don't, I will receive my copy on July 2nd and will share it with you guys here~

What a good gesture on your part, @calli  thank you very much but for what I could not buy it is because in the country where shipping the additional shipping is very expensive

• Like 4

3 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

1 hour ago, kittyna said:

I don't know if it's the case now, but there's also been a long history of JW doing interviews, social media updates, etc. at Morning Calm Village, which was owned by his agency (at least back when it was still SIM Entertainment).

I kinda seem to remember in one of the LieVs I watched that someone explicitly mentioned that the space had been provided by Naver... I'm not sure at all though.* But I do wonder if an agency has enough space to dedicate a permanent room with a bed to a single actor they represent (even if that actor is Joo Won^^). Then there's the many cameras that have to be installed in such a room for the LieV; and also, there's been soooo many LieV broadcasts over the years (by November 2018 there already had been 100 episodes), I kinda thought it would make sense for Naver to have some sort of studio in Seoul where those broadcasts (and the other special broadcasts they do) take place. 

Not that it's in any way important where Joo Won's LieV took place exactly. I'm just so glad he did it and we have it with English subs^^

*I looked a bit for what broadcast that might have been and Junho mentioned a studio in his, though he didn't say "Naver")

Spoiler

Bildschirmfoto-2021-06-21-um-13-24-00.pn

Bildschirmfoto-2021-06-21-um-13-24-40.pn

Now that you mention it @kittyna, I do wonder if Morning Calm Village is still a place Joo Won frequents... have there been any recent interviews/updates from there that you guys know of? 

@Andrea BalcazarOf course! I'll happily share it with everyone here^^ I know shipping can be crazy expensive :( sometimes it's just as much or even more than the product you're ordering from SK or Japan. I've just made very good experiences with Amazon Japan over the years (especially when it comes to clearing customs) and happily their shipping costs to Europe are reasonable. 

I'll post screencaps as soon as I get the magazine. But maybe others will share as well before me~

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

5 hours ago, Calli said:

Joo Won reposted _myok_'s insta story in his own story a little while ago and it got me curious about who she is^^

I was told by a fellow fan that she is one of Joo Won's staff members? 

I certainly like how joo won is attached to each one of his agency until I mention them when he wins awards he has always done that what no actor has done

welcome @JooWon89that you could find the forum and I see that you are Vietnamese I'm glad that joo won still has fans from that country

@JooWon89 I certainly believe the same thing that your joo won said in an interview that when the time is right he will reveal to his fans that he is in a relationship and if at any time he announces it I would respect their decision I have certainly always said that joo won is an excellent actor and yes decide to have a relationship or get married, it would be a good husband, dad, or just a boyfriend, as he said in a radio interview, star who always calls his girlfriend pretty and tries to express it naturally in another interview, I heard that he treats his relationships like he makes them last long enough and try to see if the girl would really be perfect for him

• Like 4

1 hour ago, kittyna said:

That's another place they used to promote via many interviews, CF and agency events.. It's been long we've seen anything in that place.

9 minutes ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

wanted to ask the same thing since I had not seen the previous manager more and it is certainly true what you say is seen less than joo won

Alice was probably his last project with Joo Won.

6 minutes ago, Calli said:

kinda seem to remember in one of the LieVs I watched that someone explicitly mentioned that the space had been provided by Naver... I'm not sure at all though.* But I do wonder if an agency has enough space to dedicate a permanent room with a bed to a single actor they represent (even if that actor is Joo Won^^). Then there's the many cameras that have to be installed in such a room for the LieV; and also, there's been soooo many LieV broadcasts over the years (by November 2018 there already had been 100 episodes), I kinda thought it would make sense for Naver to have some sort of studio in Seoul where those broadcasts (and the other special broadcasts they do) take place. 

Not that it's in any way important where Joo Won's LieV took place exactly. I'm just so glad he did it and we have it with English subs^^

*I looked a bit for what broadcast that might have been and Junho mentioned a studio in his, though he didn't say "Naver")

good information. So it could be a studio provided by Naver too..

Yeah.. not important that where it took place but the content... We're happy with the content. :approves:

Found this digital art from fan too cute...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQXuGJ8BNfV/?utm_medium=copy_link

I've been told that this photo is shared by Super Junior Ryeowook on his YouTube broadcast yesterday.

E4VoUWAUUAUQp-9?format=jpg&name=medium

Glad to see this unseen(at least to me) photo.. I enjoyed their performance in Army Fest so much.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

Alice was probably his last project with Joo Won.

yes because that was the only drama that his previous manager uploaded a photo with him

now that you say that some of the friends from joo won's agency have also made their own agency I thought that they were still in joo won's agency

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

yes because that was the only drama that his previous manager uploaded a photo with him

now that you say that some of the friends from joo won's agency have also made their own agency pemse that they were still in joo won's agency

Yes.. he uploaded a post with Joo Won all the staff.. which later made me understood that this was his goodbye post to the team.

Did some of them started their own agency? I don't really know.. Who are they?

I know many joined other agency. To be honest I wasn't aware of Shin Ju Hwan and Lim Ji Yeon (both are close to Joo Won) leaving until someone mentioned it months ago.. While watching Alice I learned Kim Sang Ho (Alice Go Hyun Seok) who used to be in the same agency also left. Recent addition were Yoo Hae Jin and Lee Dong Hwi. When I looked at it, same age labelmates who we saw were very close to Joo Won almost all are leaving. Remaining one may be Min Jin Woong.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

know many joined other agency. To be honest I wasn't aware of Shin Ju Hwan and Lim Ji Yeon (both are close to Joo Won) leaving until someone mentioned it months ago.. While watching Alice I learned Kim Sang Ho (Alice Go Hyun Seok) who used to be in the same agency also left. Recent addition were Yoo Hae Jin and Lee Dong Hwi. When I looked at it, same age labelmates who we saw were very close to Joo Won almost all are leaving. Remaining one may be Min Jin Woong.

too bad since joo won used to be very close to them I hope they remain close

by the way I wanted to ask you with which female lead would Joo Won act when he finished filming the movie and chose a drama?

• Like 2