[Variety] Good Sunday - Running Man 런닝맨

I disagree. 

Yoo Jae Suk get the most screen time out of all the members not because he is ‘extremely popular’ but because he is the most entertaining member out of the seven. Even when he is alone he is more entertaining than the others.

If any of the members didn’t get much screen time, it is due to themselves didn’t do anything interesting worth broadcasting. Should they show 10 minutes of Song Ji Hyo sleeping in the car? Or 10 minutes of Peaceful Gary while the others were bickering? *Yawn*

Ha Ha didn’t get screen time just because he is a protégé of Yoo Jae Suk, rather because he works for it. Ha Ha isn’t the main host type, he’s more of the secondary host type. Look at the recent episodes 271 & 272, when he is actively supporting Yoo Jae Suk with titbits and trivias of the guests he invited. Also, ad-libbing also required skills and timing to say the correct thing at the correct time, and not depending on the scripts and cue cards, unlike a certain member who only say and do what the scripts and cue cards said without any improvisation at all.

THIS

had to quote it..

• Like 1

I disagree. 

Yoo Jae Suk get the most screen time out of all the members not because he is ‘extremely popular’ but because he is the most entertaining member out of the seven. Even when he is alone he is more entertaining than the others.

If any of the members didn’t get much screen time, it is due to themselves didn’t do anything interesting worth broadcasting. Should they show 10 minutes of Song Ji Hyo sleeping in the car? Or 10 minutes of Peaceful Gary while the others were bickering? *Yawn*

Ha Ha didn’t get screen time just because he is a protégé of Yoo Jae Suk, rather because he works for it. Ha Ha isn’t the main host type, he’s more of the secondary host type. Look at the recent episodes 271 & 272, when he is actively supporting Yoo Jae Suk with titbits and trivias of the guests he invited. Also, ad-libbing also required skills and timing to say the correct thing at the correct time, and not depending on the scripts and cue cards, unlike a certain member who only say and do what the scripts and cue cards said without any improvisation at all.

THIS

had to quote it..

I would agree with this coz it's true in every variety shows that I watched... that even the guests are aware of this so they even openly say it on air that they need to give out good reactions (facial & body movements) and need to say some things that would be worthy to be shown on air so as they'll not to be edited out. YJS is a veteran in broadcasting variety shows and talk shows that's why he knows when to talk and when he should let others talk... as well as when to move and let others move / do the work. So if no one moves then he comes in to liven up the atmosphere and so that the staff can have more footages / scenes to show for broadcasting. ;)

Edited by beyaruth
  • Like 3

Guest judojonghyun

@Klent Gary has a studio at home. Does this mean Leessang Company has no studio of their own? Also, i though Haha and Gary are close, why does it seem that Haha is there for the first time?

Also, that's one big house. is that Seoul? 

Also, i though Haha and Gary are close, why does it seem that Haha is there for the first time?

I wouldn’t read too much of it, since the members especially Ha Ha are known to give fake reactions. Like in Episode 162, they reacted like they saw the guests for the first time, but afterward the production crews uploaded a video they actually practicing together. Exploring your friend’s house is fun for the first time, maybe that’s what Ha Ha is going for. And I remember in Healing Camp, Gary said Ha Ha and Kwang Soo had a sleepover at his house. 

• Like 1

@Klent Gary has a studio at home. Does this mean Leessang Company has no studio of their own? Also, i though Haha and Gary are close, why does it seem that Haha is there for the first time?

Most of your questions are not RM-related. Moderator already warned us to write about RM only. if you have questions that are not related to RM, just PM me.

I will give you part of the answer re Haha and Gary since that's RM related. For the rest, i will PM you. Haha, as @wizzard said, hypes up the things he does for the show. It's variety. he needs to act big and large to be interesting. 

Guest scent99

After seeing recent episode clips and next episode preview, I've seen that they are trying to bring back old RM concepts, next episodes seems to be exciting, i knew it will take time to bring back RM viewers but its still possible, seems like were back on ep 1 when time they are trying to get audience attention. 

My wishful thinking is that please bring back FD Dong wan :) and more episodes with no guests and I also miss overseas episodes 

Guest pink_dolphins

KwangSoo is really protective of his noona JiHyo. When the howling started JiHyo instinctively get behind KS and KS went in front of her (1:11:42-52). Sweet. I ship them but I know (probably) they only have sibling feelings. BUT there was this episode that KS was taken aback seeing JH in a see through dress- maybe seeing her a woman then. Hehehe. :P

I luv the episode! It is not just plain games but we could see their interaction as a group.

Running Man E274 English Subtile

English Subtitle by DramaFever

Edited version by rphere

[ENG SUBS] Running Man 274 by dramafever edited by rphere

+resync due kpop star ads in the middle

• for HDTV 720p ver.*you can try with another version.
  • edited by some punctuation and pronouns call hyung, oppa, noona and much more.
  • if link error please PM me
  • cr to dramafever via ads

KwangSoo is really protective of his noona JiHyo. When the howling started JiHyo instinctively get behind KS and KS went in front of her (1:11:42-52). Sweet. I ship them but I know (probably) they only have sibling feelings. BUT there was this episode that KS was taken aback seeing JH in a see through dress- maybe seeing her a woman then. Hehehe. :P

I luv the episode! It is not just plain games but we could see their interaction as a group.

There was also that moment where Ji Hyo and her partner arrived at the trailers/camping areas and KS came over to take her bags from her.  So sweet, that KS!  I love their sibling-like relationship.  He's a good younger bro.  :)

• Like 2

Guest pink_dolphins

There was also that moment where Ji Hyo and her partner arrived at the trailers/camping areas and KS came over to take her bags from her.  So sweet, that KS!  I love their sibling-like relationship.  He's a good younger bro.  :)

Oh! I didn't get that part. I will check it again. Yipee! Another KS and JH moment. :D

Guest teacoast

I knew that they were close but I never knew that Gary and Haha lived together for a bit ! and yjs with his friend (i forgot the name ^^") was funny to me as well since they're close haha . it was also pretty interesting to see that gary and lee kwang soo like their houses to be clean and tidy haha . 

I knew that they were close but I never knew that Gary and Haha lived together for a bit ! and yjs with his friend (i forgot the name ^^") was funny to me as well since they're close haha . it was also pretty interesting to see that gary and lee kwang soo like their houses to be clean and tidy haha . 

Haha and Gary have been friends since before their debut. they actually know each other longer than Gary knows his LeeSsang half, Gil. Haha and Gary have been through a lot together and those two have kept the same circle of friends to this day. they each have their own millions and successes but their circles of friends remain the same. doesn't it make you wish you have the same kind of friendship? 

also, that wasn't the only time they lived together. Gary and Haha are very "tidy" when it comes to their house and themseves. they are tidier than most female guests. they are portrayed as free spirited men but they are pretty responsible when it comes to their hygiene, money, family and properties. Their cars are spotless all the freakin' time. 

-------------------------------

anyway, i managed to finish the episode... man, that was hard to finish. kudos to Niel who was able to match Kwangsoo's brand of comedy. Shinhwa's Andy must be very proud of his boy. where is the rest of Teen Top?  

ji hyo looked awkward having to solely entertain the guest. YJS was flawless as expected. Very nice consistent characterization by KJK. 

hoping for a better  episode next week. 

• Like 1

anyway, i managed to finish the episode... man, that was hard to finish.

I feel you. I also just finished watching it, with stopping somewhere around the middle and go playing some sports for an hour before resuming it.

This is a weird episode. The whole thing just didn’t match up. What’s the point of having the different type of cabins if you didn’t sleep in it? It’s just a waste. The links didn’t actually plays a thing in the final game at all. Why bother? It just for annoyances. The way of escaping should be changed each time a team manage to solve it. First team solved it, then the second team should do something different and so on.

also, that wasn't the only time they lived together. Gary and Haha are very "tidy" when it comes to their house and themseves. they are tidier than most female guests. they are portrayed as free spirited men but they are pretty responsible when it comes to their hygiene, money, family and properties. Their cars are spotless all the freakin' time.

Kwang Soo also a neat and tidy person, but not as much as Ha Ha and Gary. His house as shown in Episode 247 was clean and organised, although his fridge is another story.

hoping for a better  episode next week. 

Aren’t we all?

• Like 2

This is a weird episode. The whole thing just didn’t match up. What’s the point of having the different type of cabins if you didn’t sleep in it? It’s just a waste. The links didn’t actually plays a thing in the final game at all. Why bother? It just for annoyances. The way of escaping should be changed each time a team manage to solve it. First team solved it, then the second team should do something different and so on.

Kwang Soo also a neat and tidy person, but not as much as Ha Ha and Gary. His house as shown in Episode 247 was clean and organised, although his fridge is another story.

It feels like the PDs were planning something else and then changed their minds midway and just decided to send everyone home. LOL. 

Kwangsoo actually told Niel "I can't stand things like this" when he saw some thrash by the ref. Yeah, he is pretty neat.

For next week, Leeteuk is known for being gentle and Heechul for being a "diva" although the two are extremely sweet with each other. they're also known for being throwing away their image in the interest of craziness. Let's see if they can do some gags.