[Variety] Good Sunday - Running Man 런닝맨

I'm pretty sure all the guest were plenty entertained, and comfortable, she and the other members are no comedians so i see no reason why she should act like one, fact of the matter is even if she doesn't always say the most, she is a big reason why alot of viewers are still watching the show, because she has alot of qualities and charms that's why she is one of the most loved member, if not the most loved member.  Without her RM would not be the same.

I’m sure they are entertained and comfortable, no thanks to Ji Hyo. Look how the rest of the members interact with the guests during Yoo Jae Suk interviews. They always add some titbits or trivia infos of the guests to make the interviews more interesting and the guests have some chance to shine. Even with guests they don’t know, sometimes they’ll interject into the conversations to make it livelier. But Ji Hyo is silent. As if she not even there.

By the way, the most loved member would be Yoo Jae Suk, although Lee Kwang Soo is the Prince of Asia.

Furthermore, even though Running Man wouldn’t be the same without her, it will not be that much different, considering her usual 2-3 minutes of screen time during every episode. And it’s mostly of her smiling and laughing, anyway.

Despite her only having lille sceentime when there are guest, her time on screen is the most anticipated for me and many others, I and MANY others would not watch this show if it wasn't for song ji hyo, and all the spartace, monday couple, kwangmong shippers would not watch the show either, and I disagree about yo ja suk or kwanso being the most loved member, if you look at their fanbase,  SJH's fanbase on different social medias is muuuch bigger.

• Like 1

That again point out to the lack of interpersonal skills on her part. Running Man is a variety show with guests coming week in, week out (rarely an episode without a guest). And she is part of Running Man for five (5) years already. As a fixed cast member, it is her job to make the guests feel comfortable and confident in themselves, not the other way around.

The best point ever made in this line of discussion. 

I'm pretty sure all the guest were plenty entertained, and comfortable, she and the other members are no comedians so i see no reason why she should act like one, fact of the matter is even if she doesn't always say the most, she is a big reason why alot of viewers are still watching the show, because she has alot of qualities and charms that's why she is one of the most loved member, if not the most loved member.  Without her RM would not be the same.

Yes, the guests were entertained. YJS has that in him. he is not the nation's MC for nothing. 

Yes, Ji Hyo is one of the reasons people are still watching the show and RM wouldn't be the same without her. That same goes for other members but that's not the point of discussion. 

I have always stated that each member has a character to play and she she is the ace. But RM IS a comedy and variety show where guests come on more often than not. yes, EVERYONE should be funny and should entertain the guests. Ji Hyo is funny SOMETIMES. it is rare but it happens. but she needs to be more funny and more errr... she needs to co-host the show. Gary and Haha are quiet as hell in real life. so quiet that sometimes you'd forget they are in the room. they are reclusive too (especially Gary). but Haha and Gary become funny for the show and they co-host the show. 

we have all come to accept JI HYO for who she is but it doesn't change the fact that she should be funny and she needs to co-host. 

again, we love her for who she is but just because she is the ace doesn't exempt her from other responsibilities in the show.

Edited by klent

Despite her only having lille sceentime when there are guest, her time on screen is the most anticipated for me and many others, I and MANY others would not watch this show if it wasn't for song ji hyo, and all the spartace, monday couple, kwangmong shippers would not watch the show either, and I disagree about yo ja suk or kwanso being the most loved member, if you look at their fanbase,  SJH's fanbase on different social medias is muuuch bigger.

i wouldn't want her to leave the show. she's the only true competitor on that show. Yoo Jaesuk's role is to tie everything together, main host, main comedian, give everyone moments and creative comedic moments. Kwangsoo is the betrayer/loser/stupid sweet maknae.Commander is to be the strong one. Haha is the right hand of YJS. Gary is witty one-liner king. Sukjin is the ambitious weak one. 

Ji Hyo is the only one that's consistently competitive.  

However, if she has a big fanbase, why are her dramas and movies flop? 

her biggest hit was EMERGENCY COUPLE. It never went to 5% (there was one portion that ticked to 5.1% but didn't carry on the whole episode). Just as a basis of comparison, Shinhwa's cable show went to 8% at one point, then there's the Reply series that goes over 10%. 

Frozen Flower was her biggest movie hit but it was only mediocre . She wasn't a main cast in Jumong, of course. what was her latest one? the one that went .1% in ratings? oh my gawd, that poor poor show. 

my point is that if she really has a strong fanbase, that should show in her works AND they should be watching RM now. Where are these guys? why aren't they watching?  

also Social Media only measures NOISE, not number of people. memes, likes, reblog, repost, posts, blogs and many others don't translate to consumer action. 

Edited by klent

That again point out to the lack of interpersonal skills on her part. Running Man is a variety show with guests coming week in, week out (rarely an episode without a guest). And she is part of Running Man for five (5) years already. As a fixed cast member, it is her job to make the guests feel comfortable and confident in themselves, not the other way around.

Wow, what did i miss.. well said @mary-ann I am a fan of hers - and big fan of RM. for the record, I am not criticising her.. After watching the first episode, she was shown to have successfully called 1-2? out of the 40ish guests. I dont think she will call her female counterparts or friends as they need stronger guests for the name tag ripping..

Screen time allocation is a good indicator on how popular and important cast member to a show. The more screen time a member gets signifies his popularity and his relevance to the show. Usually Song Ji Hyo was seen during the opening and then largely invisible throughout the whole episode until the closing. Moreover, her absence isn’t noticeable at all, and an episode could go almost ¾ before anybody realised she wasn’t there at all.

SBS did a Viewer’s Most Popular Award poll for 7th SBS Entertainment Awards in 2013, and guess what? Yoo Jae Suk dominates the poll by having almost 90% of the total votes and Song Ji Hyo got somewhere around 1%, not a worthy amount for the most loved member, I might say. Yoo Jae Suk also always ranked in Forbes Power Celebrity 40. The only other member I saw in the ranking was Lee Kwang Soo once. 

Even the members acknowledged that Lee Kwang Soo is the most popular/loved member outside of South Korea. Look at how many fans gather whenever he has an activity oversea. During Asia Race specials, at least 90% if not all of the fans are his. When he was the guest of honour the open a coffee shop outlet, the whole building and surrounding areas was filled with his fans. His shows in China got massive ratings spike for his segments.

In an online poll in China, Kim Jong Kook got more than 120 million votes, surpassing Yoo Jae Suk’s 70 million, while Song Ji Hyo was nowhere to be found. There is a weekly Global K Star ranking, with Kim Jong Kook is always in the top 3. 

Screen time allocation is a good indicator on how popular and important cast member to a show. The more screen time a member gets signifies his popularity and his relevance to the show. Usually Song Ji Hyo was seen during the opening and then largely invisible throughout the whole episode until the closing. Moreover, her absence isn’t noticeable at all, and an episode could go almost ¾ before anybody realised she wasn’t there at all.

SBS did a Viewer’s Most Popular Award poll for 7th SBS Entertainment Awards in 2013, and guess what? Yoo Jae Suk dominates the poll by having almost 90% of the total votes and Song Ji Hyo got somewhere around 1%, not a worthy amount for the most loved member, I might say. Yoo Jae Suk also always ranked in Forbes Power Celebrity 40. The only other member I saw in the ranking was Lee Kwang Soo once. 

Even the members acknowledged that Lee Kwang Soo is the most popular/loved member outside of South Korea. Look at how many fans gather whenever he has an activity oversea. During Asia Race specials, at least 90% if not all of the fans are his. When he was the guest of honour the open a coffee shop outlet, the whole building and surrounding areas was filled with his fans. His shows in China got massive ratings spike for his segments.

In an online poll in China, Kim Jong Kook got more than 120 million votes, surpassing Yoo Jae Suk’s 70 million, while Song Ji Hyo was nowhere to be found. There is a weekly Global K Star ranking, with Kim Jong Kook is always in the top 3. 

you have a point. screen time is a good indicator. although the comedic ability and hosting ability of the members also plays a part. naturally, if they are able to be more funny, editors have more reasons to put them there. Kwangsoo is a good example and Haha. 

i also think they do give Ji Hyo a chance and the support she needs. They did put her up against YJS in that Virus episode. They have created so many episodes where she is the lead. in fact, she has more "lead character" episode that everyone else in Running Man. Yes, I counted. 

so... you know... she gets the support she needs. i have to credit the producers for that. also, the members support her. of course, it is also cultural. they can't be rough to her the way there are to each other. they'll end their career if they do that. but they don't pick on her, they don't target her, they don't gang up on her. and the boys do that to each other but never to Ji Hyo. so... credit the cast members too for giving her support. 

Ji Hyo, of course, repays that with her hard work. she really is the most competitive. what she lacks in comedy and hosting, she makes up for competitiveness. too bad the show is not Olympics. Hehehe it's a comedy variety show. 

However, I feel like Yoo Jae Suk should not be compared to anyone else within or outside of Running Man. It's just unfair. Yoo Jae Suk will always be the most popular and he deserves it, of course. I mean... that 100 vs 100 episode! That was all Yoo Jae Suk. All of it was him. He managed to get something out of each of the guest. Without his hosting, everything would have been a disaster but he just tied it all in. I was really in awe of him in those two episodes more than anything. I mean... how did he pull that off? those people that were so out of place, the reggae guys, the boxers, the trot singers... he managed to make them shine! 

All those claiming that this member or that member is more popular is just really... come on now. he has hosted 5 flagship programs and is hosting what may be the best variety show every in Korea (IC). I think YJS should simply be in a different league. He is just way up there. Everyone else just battles for 2nd place. 

Edited by klent

you have a point. screen time is a good indicator. although the comedic ability and hosting ability of the members also plays a part. naturally, if they are able to be more funny, editors have more reasons to put them there. Kwangsoo is a good example and Haha. 

i also think they do give Ji Hyo a chance and the support she needs. They did put her up against YJS in that Virus episode. They have created so many episodes where she is the lead. in fact, she has more "lead character" episode that everyone else in Running Man. Yes, I counted. 

so... you know... she gets the support she needs. i have to credit the producers for that. also, the members support her. of course, it is also cultural. they can't be rough to her the way there are to each other. they'll end their career if they do that. but they don't pick on her, they don't target her, they don't gang up on her. and the boys do that to each other but never to Ji Hyo. so... credit the cast members too for giving her support. 

Ji Hyo, of course, repays that with her hard work. she really is the most competitive. what she lacks in comedy and hosting, she makes up for competitiveness. too bad the show is not Olympics. Hehehe it's a comedy variety show. 

However, I feel like Yoo Jae Suk should not be compared to anyone else within or outside of Running Man. It's just unfair. Yoo Jae Suk will always be the most popular and he deserves it, of course. I mean... that 100 vs 100 episode! That was all Yoo Jae Suk. All of it was him. He managed to get something out of each of the guest. Without his hosting, everything would have been a disaster but he just tied it all in. I was really in awe of him in those two episodes more than anything. I mean... how did he pull that off? those people that were so out of place, the reggae guys, the boxers, the trot singers... he managed to make them shine! 

All those claiming that this member or that member is more popular is just really... come on now. he has hosted 5 flagship programs and is hosting what may be the best variety show every in Korea (IC). I think YJS should simply be in a different league. He is just way up there. Everyone else just battles for 2nd place. 

I didn’t see Ji Hyo as a hard worker, mainly because how she failed to improve after five (5) years on the show. She still stuck with her first year characters without improvement, especially when compared to Lee Kwang Soo who improved by leaps and bounds. She still can’t initiate actions and/or conversations. She still needs all the help from the members and production crews to maintain her Ace façade. All those “As expected from our Ace” and “That’s our Ace” captions they are spamming for every single thing she does is very annoying and cringe-worthy.

Those two episodes really play to Yoo Jae Suk strength. His smooth hosting make the potential disaster turned into a brilliant show. The way he gives attention to each and every guest while keeping track on the overall crowd is just amazing. The way he handles the crowd made it look like its easy and effortless, but it is hard to find anyone else that able to do half as good as him. He really deserves the Top MC of the Nation title.

And I agree about Yoo Jae Suk’s popularity, he is the most popular and most beloved member of the show.

i wouldn't want her to leave the show. she's the only true competitor on that show. Yoo Jaesuk's role is to tie everything together, main host, main comedian, give everyone moments and creative comedic moments. Kwangsoo is the betrayer/loser/stupid sweet maknae.Commander is to be the strong one. Haha is the right hand of YJS. Gary is witty one-liner king. Sukjin is the ambitious weak one. 

Ji Hyo is the only one that's consistently competitive.  

However, if she has a big fanbase, why are her dramas and movies flop? 

her biggest hit was EMERGENCY COUPLE. It never went to 5% (there was one portion that ticked to 5.1% but didn't carry on the whole episode). Just as a basis of comparison, Shinhwa's cable show went to 8% at one point, then there's the Reply series that goes over 10%. 

Frozen Flower was her biggest movie hit but it was only mediocre . She wasn't a main cast in Jumong, of course. what was her latest one? the one that went .1% in ratings? oh my gawd, that poor poor show. 

my point is that if she really has a strong fanbase, that should show in her works AND they should be watching RM now. Where are these guys? why aren't they watching?  

also Social Media only measures NOISE, not number of people. memes, likes, reblog, repost, posts, blogs and many others don't translate to consumer action. 

Viewer ratings is not something we fans who live outside Korea have an influence on, but what truly measures a fanbase is number of people who follow her internationally from different countries on different social medias, her series emergency couple was brought by 10 different countries outside korea, her dramas was ranked as the most popular in 2014 by viewers on dramafever and she won the best actress award, and in 2015 she was voted as the best actress for her performance in ex-girlfriend club etc....  ofcourse if you insist on measuring popularity based on the viewer ratings in korea, it up to you, but her fanbase/followers don't stop on those borders.

Edited by mary-ann

Wow, what did i miss.. well said @mary-ann I am a fan of hers - and big fan of RM. for the record, I am not criticising her.. After watching the first episode, she was shown to have successfully called 1-2? out of the 40ish guests. I dont think she will call her female counterparts or friends as they need stronger guests for the name tag ripping..

I agree with this, I also think that it's more difficult to call actors and actresses, since they are more likely to be busy...

Yoo jae suk is a remarkable MC, and i know he is very famous and respected in korea, but he really doesn't have many followers outside of korea, just look on different social medias like facebook etc. and you will know what i'm talking about. but again that could also have something to do with his occupation people are not as interested in following an mc as they in following actors/actresses and musicians that's atleast how it is in the west!

Edited by mary-ann

Viewer ratings is not something we fans who live outside Korea have an influence on, but what truly measures a fanbase is number of people who follow her internationally from different countries on different social medias, her series emergency couple was brought by 10 different countries outside korea, her dramas was ranked as the most popular in 2014 by viewers on dramafever and she won the best actress award, and in 2015 she was voted as the best actress for her performance in ex-girlfriend club etc....  ofcourse if you insist on measuring popularity based on the viewer ratings in korea, it up to you, but her fanbase/followers don't stop on those borders.

I also live outside of Korea and what truly matters is consumer action. That’s the only way “support” can be measured. People can’t say something and claim that to be true. There needs some sort of measurement. Otherwise, we can all claim ownership of a country and no one can contest.

Let us take Emergency Couple for example (her most successful work to date in terms of revenue). 3 Meals a day, also a cable show that feature 2 guys (eventually 3) is syndicated to more than 22 countries vs Emergency Couple’s 10 countires. Reply 1997 was syndicated to more than 35 countries and counting. 10 isn’t a lot. This is a standard because TV stations have partnership with different countries. Again, I am not saying EC is not successful. It is successful. It is her most successful work to date. However, in the context of what is successful by other celebrities, it is still not much.

If we compare it to the popularity of other RM cast, Infinite Challenge is syndicated to 18 countries INCLUDING the US, some parts of the Europe and Australia. Happy Together is syndicated to 15 countries. YJS, together with some of the cast of IC, is Asia’s representative of Coke to the international community.

Gary is an international endorser of Mizuno (one of the representatives of Asia) and has 4 endorsements in China, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore and others. His mini album and solo album went for an all kill in 10 countries and he didn’t even promote it.

Lee Kwang Soo’s Perhaps Love in China went 5% (half of Running Man China’s rating). He has more than 10 CFs in different countries in Asia. Perhaps Love was syndicated to more than 20 countries. His movie Confession (a.k.a. Good Friends) was released to more than 25 countries. In Los Angeles alone, it ran for more than 2 weeks in CGV cinemas, the only other movie that beat that is Twenty (starring Kim Woo Bin, Kang Ha Neul and Lee Junho of 2PM).

Even Suk Jin has 3 endorsements in 5 countries and a number single in China and Taiwan.

Dramafever Best Actress is based on voting and there is no limit to the number of times a person can vote. I can make a script to vote for Ji Hyo a millions times if I want to. It’s not a basis.

I am not saying Ji Hyo is not popular and that she’s not a valuable part of RM. Again, I wouldn’t want her replaced or taken out of the show. I agree that RM will not be the same without her. I also agree that some people will stop watching it if she leaves.  

The question is whether that’s a significant number or not. If we base it on consumer action based on the works of other cast members, RM will be fine even outside of Korea. Whatever RM will lose if she leaves may be replaced by another celebrity that has a stronger pull. And we have all seen so many female celebrities that came on the show that can meld well with the cast.

Again, do I want her to leave? HELL NO. I want the cast to stay intact till the end. Ji Hyo is RM’s ace and no one can take her place.

Yoo jae suk is a remarkable MC, and i know he is very famous and respected in korea, but he really doesn't have many followers outside of korea, just look on different social medias like facebook etc. and you will know what i'm talking about. but again that could also have something to do with his occupation people are not as interested in following an mc as they in following actors/actresses and musicians that's atleast how it is in the west!

Again social media measures noise, not consumer action. refer to my reply above re YJS.

Again social media measures noise, not consumer action. refer to my reply above re YJS.

I personally don't agree with your sentiments of "social media measures noise" , because when you have alot of fans from different countries who follow you, love you and support you,  it's also a consumer action, to give an example famous Brand  Banila Co. who made Song Ji Hyo their main model, said one of the reason they choose her was because of her huge international fanbase and here is the direct  quote:

"Song Ji Hyo's flawless skin, natural beauty, and huge international fan base were a few reasons why the company decided to make her the official model. A rep from 'banila co.' said, "Song Ji Hyo's natural beauty and refined charm complement banila co.'s urban, upbeat concept well. Her growing international popularity was also an important factor."

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/08/song-ji-hyo-is-the-new-face-of-banila-co

so having a huge fanbase (beside being gorgeous and very talented) means alot in the industry

This argument about jihyo will never end xD as both parties will never give in. The other one who clearly doesn't like her (it's okay. I also have a least like member too but I don't need to drop his name) and the other one who can't watch RM without her. I have my own opinion too about this matter but I think it's better to keep it to my self. 

I am a fan of Ji Hyo but I believe that Yoo Jae Suk is definitely the most popular member and Lee Kwang Soo is the funniest. This is just my personal taste. 

• Like 1

Some people are saying absurdities here (sorry, but i have to say this). SJH is not a comedian nor is she a tvshows host....she's an actress, member of a tvshow. She can't be a comedian without being sort of clumsy (as JSJ), or arrogant (KJK), or childish (HH) or sort of "stupid" (LKS). She can't be a host without looking somehow rude to YJS or the others who are her sunbae. As for the caption of "indeed, our ace"...well, they do overdo it but that happens with the others too....like mr.capable here and mr.capable there (we all know KJK sucks with the ball). I do see her as an Ace because she's fearless, she is competitive (we can't see that very much nowadays since there are not much competitions), she's lucky (everybody needs luck). As in a group of friends, there also the quite one, that doesn't mean he's not loved or respected. Just look at how the members REALLY (and not just for the show) respect her...

YJS is like a God in South Korea so of course he's the most popular, like most koreans are his fans BUT they do not all watch  RM...does that mean he has no fans? That explains also why SJH dramas are not so popular. The actors are just the surface...dramas need producers, director, tvchannels, famous co-stars, low competitiveness and so on. But even if that was not the reason, does any actress have to be Top Actress??? Like wth, not everybody can be nr.1.

I love all the members and RM wouldn't be the same without each one of them. Peace

Edited by tushe0511
  • Like 3

I personally don't agree with your sentiments of "social media measures noise" , because when you have alot of fans from different countries who follow you, love you and support you,  it's also a consumer action, to give an example famous Brand  Banila Co. who made Song Ji Hyo their main model, said one of the reason they choose her was because of her huge international fanbase and here is the direct  quote:

"Song Ji Hyo's flawless skin, natural beauty, and huge international fan base were a few reasons why the company decided to make her the official model. A rep from 'banila co.' said, "Song Ji Hyo's natural beauty and refined charm complement banila co.'s urban, upbeat concept well. Her growing international popularity was also an important factor."

so having a huge fanbase (beside being gorgeous and very talented) means alot in the industry

I NEVER said she is not popular. I actually said the opposite. I said she is popular. 

Also, the statement from Banila Co. didn't say anything about social media being the measure of consumer action. they said she is popular and I agree. They said their brand is complemented by Ji Hyo's concept. They are most likely right. Yes, being gorgeous and very talented means a lot in the industry. I totally agree but that wasn't the point of what I wrote. I recommend that you re-read it. 

as for social media, it does measure noise but not consumer action. 1 person can have multiple facebook, twitter, pinterest, tumblr account. so, even if something is reblogged or liked a million times, who knows how many of those is unique. that's why there is "analytics". you data is not enough, it has to be analyzed so that companies could diagnose the real story behind the statistics. 

also, likes and and blogs are useless unless the consumer purchases or it triggers a "purchase". consumer action is anything that translates to revenue, be it buying their product, paying for their movie or watching their shows on TV (because that leads to ratings and ratings lead to commercials which pays). 

Some people are talking sh!t here (sorry, but i have to say this). SJH is not a comedian nor is she a tvshows host....she's an actress, member of a tvshow. She can't be a comedian without being sort of clumsy (as JSJ), or arrogant (KJK), or childish (HH) or sort of "stupid" (LKS). She can't be a host without looking somehow rude to YJS or the others who are her sunbae. As for the caption of "indeed, our ace"...well, they do overdo it but that happens with the others too....like mr.capable here and mr.capable there (we all know KJK sucks with the ball). I do see her as an Ace because she's fearless, she is competitive (we can't see that very much nowadays since there are not much competitions), she's lucky (everybody needs luck). As in a group of friends, there also the quite one, that doesn't mean he's not loved or respected. Just look at how the members REALLY (and not just for the show) respect her...

YJS is like a God in South Korea so of course he's the most popular, like most koreans are his fans BUT they do not all watch  RM...does that mean he has no fans? That explains also why SJH dramas are not so popular. The actors are just the surface...dramas need producers, director, tvchannels, famous co-stars, low competitiveness and so on. But even if that was not the reason, does any actress have to be Top Actress??? Like wth, not everybody can be nr.1.

I love all the members and RM wouldn't be the same without each one of them. Peace

yes, SJH is not a comedian. but yes, she is a TV show host. yes, she can be a host without being rude to YJS. She doesn't need to be the main host. she just needs to be a host. Haha is able to do it. Kwangsoo is able to do it. KJK is able to do it. She doesn't need to be a comedian but she is in a comedy show so yes, she should be funny whether it's through passive or active means. 

as for the SJH dramas not doing well, if fans are not watching then it's useless. celebrities need fans that will take action so that they can get more work. she will not get work based on people saying "i am a fan" and not do anything about it. 

also, that is the reason i enumerated SOME of the works of other members. to prove that most of their works do well in and outside of Korea. it's not just one of their shows, it's most of of their works.  all of them have done works int he past that didn't do well but MOST of their works do well. 

however, SJH's biggest hit is Emergency Couple and I already explained that. Next is Frozen Flower which i already explained in the past too. 

i also think that this is a healthy discussion. none of the people discussing here is attacking anyone on a personal level. we are talking about the show. we have been very respectful. we are disagreeing, obviously, but everything is kept professional. Outside of your "s***" word, no one has said anything disrespectful. 

that's the point of a forum, to discuss. 

Edited by klent

Some people are saying absurdities here (sorry, but i have to say this). SJH is not a comedian nor is she a tvshows host....she's an actress, member of a tvshow. She can't be a comedian without being sort of clumsy (as JSJ), or arrogant (KJK), or childish (HH) or sort of "stupid" (LKS). She can't be a host without looking somehow rude to YJS or the others who are her sunbae. As for the caption of "indeed, our ace"...well, they do overdo it but that happens with the others too....like mr.capable here and mr.capable there (we all know KJK sucks with the ball). I do see her as an Ace because she's fearless, she is competitive (we can't see that very much nowadays since there are not much competitions), she's lucky (everybody needs luck). As in a group of friends, there also the quite one, that doesn't mean he's not loved or respected. Just look at how the members REALLY (and not just for the show) respect her...

yes, SJH is not a comedian. but yes, she is a TV show host. yes, she can be a host without being rude to YJS. She doesn't need to be the main host. she just needs to be a host. Haha is able to do it. Kwangsoo is able to do it. KJK is able to do it. She doesn't need to be a comedian but she is in a comedy show so yes, she should be funny whether it's through passive or active means. 

as for the SJH dramas not doing well, if fans are not watching then it's useless. celebrities need fans that will take action so that they can get more work. she will not get work based on people saying "i am a fan" and not do anything about it. 

also, that is the reason i enumerated SOME of the works of other members. to prove that most of their works do well in and outside of Korea. it's not just one of their shows, it's most of of their works.  all of them have done works int he past that didn't do well but MOST of their works do well. 

however, SJH's biggest hit is Emergency Couple and I already explained that. Next is Frozen Flower which i already explained in the past too. 

i also think that this is a healthy discussion. none of the people discussing here is attaching anyone on a personal level. we are talking about the show. we have been very respectful. we are disagreeing, obviously, but everything is kept professional. Outside of your "s***" word, no one has said anything disrespectful. 

that's the point of a forum, to discuss. 

I didn't intend to be rude, since that's a way to say "saying something absurd"... (let me edit my post) I don't remember HH, LKS or KJK being a host on RM. Could you give me an example? I remember that one episode with Park Ji Sung where none of them were able to host even though they should have since YJS wasn't there (ep.97). I think SJH is funny but you don't...just point of views! Not only that, but she creates occasions for the others to do so (just look at KG...)

Now don't tell me that you really think that dramas are offered to actress who have more fans?? like seriously...haven't you ever heard of offering s. favours in exchange of drama roles?? There have been even suicides because of that, unfortunately.

And also I said...does she need to have big hits to be called an actress, or to have fans...? Don't get why you keep repeating her big hit was "EC".

• Like 2

I NEVER said she is not popular. I actually said the opposite. I said she is popular. 

Also, the statement from Banila Co. didn't say anything about social media being the measure of consumer action. they said she is popular and I agree. They said their brand is complemented by Ji Hyo's concept. They are most likely right. Yes, being gorgeous and very talented means a lot in the industry. I totally agree but that wasn't the point of what I wrote. I recommend that you re-read it. 

as for social media, it does measure noise but not consumer action. 1 person can have multiple facebook, twitter, pinterest, tumblr account. so, even if something is reblogged or liked a million times, who knows how many of those is unique. that's why there is "analytics". you data is not enough, it has to be analyzed so that companies could diagnose the real story behind the statistics. 

also, likes and and blogs are useless unless the consumer purchases or it triggers a "purchase". consumer action is anything that translates to revenue, be it buying their product, paying for their movie or watching their shows on TV (because that leads to ratings and ratings lead to commercials which pays). 

They may not have said it directly, but it's then stated indirectly, because by having a huge international fanbase = viewers= consumer action. Since these fans will see the brands products on the actress/model they love and follow on social medias and that's why social media is a measure of consumer action, since the brand will have an easy way to spread to many consumers through the model.

Edited by mary-ann