Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

finally the official announcement

Chong Kun Dang Health selects actor Son Ye-jin as a model for microbiome-based skin lactic acid bacteria'lactobiome skin'

0000712109_001_20201104141903913.jpg?type=w430Original view

[Sports Seoul Reporter Kim Soo] Chong Kun Dang Health's premium skin lactic acid bacteria brand'Lactobacillus' based on intestinal microbiome announced that actor Son Ye-jin was selected as a model.

CKD Lactobacillus biome brand health is the newly launched the 'meaning of lactic acid bacteria LACTO' and 'intestinal micro biome BIOME' is a premium high functional probiotics brand finished with a combination of a compound word, intestinal micro biome technology of CKD health.

Along with this,'Lactobiome Skin', which was introduced as the first line by Lactobam, is a product that has acquired the most five-fold functions in Korea such as skin moisturizing, skin health, and bowel health by containing HY 7714, the only skin beauty functional probiotic in Korea recognized by the Ministry of Food and Drug Safety. .

Actor Son Ye-jin is a premium high school that aims for'basic health care starting from the field' as LactoBiome's'basic health care starting from the field' as actor Son Ye-jin maintains a long shiny beauty and healthy skin with perfect self-management, and is loved as a representative'premium' actor in Korea through constant work activities. It is explained that the image of functional lactobacillus and Son Ye-jin's healthy and luxurious image were well harmonized, and he was selected as a model.

Accordingly, Lactobiome is currently raising expectations by releasing an interview video of Son Ye-jin's advertisement shooting site, and plans to increase the awareness of the Lactobiome brand through various activities by starting full-scale modeling activities from November.

An official from Lactobam explained, "We expect that the actor Son Ye-jin, who has been loved by the public for a long time with his brilliant beauty and acting skills, completed through constant self-management, and Lactobiome, a premium high-functional probiotic brand, will produce synergies." On the other hand, on November 1, the first launching broadcast of CJ O Shopping , Lactobiome Skin sold out for 6 months and successfully launched. The second broadcast of Lactobiome Skin is scheduled to be broadcast at 7:35 pm on Friday, November 13 at NS Home Shopping.

https://n.news.naver.com/mnews/article/468/0000712109?sid=103

7 Cinderellas reunion (well on instagram that is lol) The met up for lunch yesterday.

Lee Jung-hyun, Son Ye-jin, Gong Hyo-jin, and Oh Yoon-ah invited'Extra Meal'.. Lee Min-jung "It was awesome Hyun~~~" 

0004304776_001_20201106181647946.png?type=w430Original view

[OSEN=Reporter Choi Na-young] Actor Lee Jung-hyun showed off his golden-handed housewife's cooking skills. In particular, the face of the guests invited to the dinner is gorgeous.

On the 6th, Lee Jung-hyun posted a post on his Instagram on the 6th, saying, "Happy dinner with them after a long time.. Again... there is no photo to eat... Thank you for eating deliciously."

At the same time, they mentioned the accounts of actors Lee Min-jung, Gong Hyo-jin, Son Ye-jin, Umji Won, and Oh Yoon-ah, and they were invited to attract fans' attention.

In the released photo, Lee Jung-hyun is wearing an apron and exuding a graceful beauty while preparing a meal on the table. A neat and splendid dinner with various vegetables, beef, broth, fruit, and champagne. The plating skill is also excellent.

The faces of the invited actors did not appear, and only arms and hands were exposed, adding to curiosity. There are also reactions such as "Please release only one picture".

0004304776_002_20201106181648025.jpg?type=w430Original view

In addition, celebrities' admiration comments followed. Actor Bang Eun-jin said, "Oh, it's great," Lee Min-jung, who was a guest, said, "It was awesome. Hyun~~~", expressing satisfaction.

Noh Hee-young, a big hand in the restaurant industry, sent a thumbs up, saying, "It's cool, and Jung-hyun," Lee replied, "I'll invite you soon."

Designer Yoni P wrote "Wa setting visual" and also wore a thumb emoticon. 

On the other hand, Lee Jung-hyun, after having a wedding with an orthopedic surgeon in a university hospital who is three years younger than 3 years old in April, has appeared in movies and entertainment programs and is actively engaged in activities. He met audiences by appearing in the movies'Pinando' and'Night of Immortal Humans', and the movie'Limit' is about to be released.

0004304776_003_20201106181648054.jpg?type=w430Original view

In particular, Lee Jung-hyun appeared on KBS 2TV's entertainment show'New Release Edition' and showed off his unique food skills. "I remember the food I ate deliciously while eating out, and then make sure to make it my own style at home," said Lee Jung-hyun.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/109/0004304776

• Like 1

with english subtitles: 

2020 Apan Awards - currently CLOY nominated for Best Drama and she is also on the list of names for the grand prize

http://m.stardailynews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=285313

Son Ye Jin is featured in Elle Korea December edition. Her name is on the cover

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHgv-JLjvam/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Son Ye-jin "Twenty Years of Debut, Pride That Passion Has Not Stopped" (pictorial)

image_readtop_2020_1185028_16056621204436294.jpg
image_readmed_2020_1185028_16056621204436296.jpg
image_readbot_2020_1185028_16056621204436297.jpg
[Daily Economy Star Today Intern Reporter Kim Bo-mi] The

December issue of'Elle' was released, featuring the charming appearance of Son Ye-jin, a pronoun of elegance.

Actor Son Ye-jin, who once again fascinated fans not only in Korea but also overseas with his extreme acting skills in this year's hottest drama'Crash Landing on Love'. In this pictorial with'Bride&U', she showed her elegant beauty by digesting simple yet classic mood outfits. Son Ye-jin was selected as the first muse of BRIDE&U on its 10th anniversary.

Son Ye-jin has always transformed into the best actor for over 20 years. In an interview that was held together, he said, “Even if I accidentally took a break while waiting for a work, I seldom took a break on purpose. It's also the part where I am proud of myself. The fact that I can consistently show off my work, and that my passion did not stop myself. I was tired from moment to moment and there was a slump, but fortunately I was able to overcome it through the work."

I could also confirm the rumors about overseas expansion that I heard continuously. Son Ye-jin, who is discussing appearance in the Hollywood movie'Cross,' said, “In fact, I had no special greed before that. I was too much to do Korean works, but I was afraid that I could be good at acting in foreign languages.”

“But now, I think when can I take this challenge? If a good opportunity is given to me, I would like to try hard and willingly. While bumping into it, I have an expectation that I will get a lot of things.” She expressed her excitement for a new challenge.

More pictorials and interviews of actor Son Ye-jin can be found in the December issue of'Elle' and'Elle' website. Photo courtesy of

stpress2@mkinternet.com|Elle

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/hot-issues/view/2020/11/1185028/

photoshoot video on Elle Korea/BAU by Bride and You

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHtv3UppM2q/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

The Soompi article translation:

It was previously revealed that Son Ye Jin was confirmed to be in talks to star in the Hollywood film “Cross.” She spoke about deciding to take on the challenge. “To be honest, I didn’t really have a desire to try something out like this,” she admitted. “I’m already overwhelmed with Korean projects, so I was afraid whether or not I could act well speaking a foreign language.”

She continued, “However, I started thinking about when I would ever be able to try something like this again. If I receive a good opportunity, I’ll happily work hard at it. I get the sense that I’ll get a lot out of it as I take it on.

>>>>> This is the clearest statement from her on the Hollywood project. She is overwhelmed with Korean projects (offers and +/- 12 CFs). She was not looking to do an English language film, but upon reflection she would consider it a good challenge if a "good opportunity" would come to her. I read this as a polite way of saying The Cross is not quite the opportunity for her given her current professional situation. The Cross is expected to last a long five months of location shooting (which she admits in the past can be exhausting for her) and now there are concerns whether it can actually be fully shot and completed in South Korea (with the increase in Covid cases and stricter lock down orders)

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

I think The Cross regardless is still in talks. There has been no update on the project since Lee Sun Gyun dropped out and since the team arrived in Korea. Plus if Ethan Hawke was potentially starring in the movie, he has now taken on 3 new projects. One in which he is starring with his daughter and a Netflix movie as well as another movie which is filming in Italy later this month. There is no way he is doing the Cross. He is even more busier than Sam Worthington right now .. But Sam is already busy 

Here was for the official article on Elle Korea - https://www.elle.co.kr/article/50162

Regardless we know when Son Ye Jin isn't working she is always reading scripts. That is why she says she doesn't take a break on purpose. Even though she hasn't been working on drama/movie since post CLOY she still has been reading scripts, working on CFs - it is quick and easy work during covid as well as spending time with her loved ones. 

EDIT: Sam Worthington booked himself a theatre gig in Australia. So Austrialian premiere of a play here. It runs from March 15 -April 10. If he is somehow still attached to the Cross, it won't be filming until later.. Unless somehow these men that keep being named on Cross really don't have big roles in the movie.

• Love 1
  • Insightful 1

I think the project is ambiguous, they have not signed contracts and they definitely don't seem attached to the project as for now. Both names who were dropped seem to be busy with other projects. None of the big media usa/australia sites have referenced the two actors on being casted on the movie. Don't forget this movie project had different casting couple years back and it never moved to production. Only SoKor based sites site the movie ,my suspicion ? They awaiting investments , rather from Asia . SYJ is a big name in the industry and only that alone might be what attract investors. 

YeJin had a big year , she is more focused on endorsements at the moment , she was rumored for a drama so far . Maybe she wants to take her time and review offers before take the next project. She is allowed to be picky . Just saying. 

For the movie I think with this pandemic a lot of actors are trying to secure jobs where they can because the future is uncertain . They cannot wait and put on hold offers for a movie that might take more time to take off and start production.

• Insightful 2

Yea also Avatar 2/3 was filming in New Zealand - James Cameron had recently shared this. So I think when Sam was filming then, he met up with Andrew and Andrew may have gave him script etc then. That was how Sam got attached early on in the year. However, both Sam and Ethan keep taking on back to back projects now in Hollywood news and it is definitely not Cross/or filming in Korea. Yes the countries they are filming or working at are close to Korea.. however the chances covid is still happening whenever Cross was originally suppose to film is still high. This is why lots of Korean actors too when their other projects either got pushed or dropped early in the year - they all quickly took on work with other projects. This is why Lee Sun Gyun took on a project to film now and most likely is taking another one to film in April instead. 

Also we know when she did her Elle Korea shoot/interview more stuff had changed in regards to the project ex. Lee Sun Gyun had dropped out. Headlines now are back to talking about the Hollywood project due to Elle Korea /but as we all know Hollywood still hasn't talked about it. Only news talking about it is Korea. 

• Insightful 2

She looks gorgeous. i love her BAU ready to wear clothes. I love the choice to wear Saturday for Life cap. It is  a club that goes hiking every month or a club that come together over a common interest/hobby. I was reading it when the fashion account had posted :) 

Translations read the thread:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 11/18/2020 at 10:57 PM, welh11 said:

The Soompi article translation:

It was previously revealed that Son Ye Jin was confirmed to be in talks to star in the Hollywood film “Cross.” She spoke about deciding to take on the challenge. “To be honest, I didn’t really have a desire to try something out like this,” she admitted. “I’m already overwhelmed with Korean projects, so I was afraid whether or not I could act well speaking a foreign language.”

She continued, “However, I started thinking about when I would ever be able to try something like this again. If I receive a good opportunity, I’ll happily work hard at it. I get the sense that I’ll get a lot out of it as I take it on.

>>>>> This is the clearest statement from her on the Hollywood project. She is overwhelmed with Korean projects (offers and +/- 12 CFs). She was not looking to do an English language film, but upon reflection she would consider it a good challenge if a "good opportunity" would come to her. I read this as a polite way of saying The Cross is not quite the opportunity for her given her current professional situation. The Cross is expected to last a long five months of location shooting (which she admits in the past can be exhausting for her) and now there are concerns whether it can actually be fully shot and completed in South Korea (with the increase in Covid cases and stricter lock down orders)

Maybe something is lost in translation, but my take from "overwhelmed" in the context of that sentence was that she meant Korean projects (acting in her native language) can be challenging enough (i.e. overwhelming sometimes) so she wasn't sure she could meet the challenge of acting well in a foreign language.  Not overwhelmed in the sense that she was saying she had too many Korean offers already and wasn't sure if she wanted to a HW one.  I mean, I'm sure she's getting a lot of Korean offers, but I don't think her intention here at all was to be dismissive of The Cross. 

It seems to me she's open to the idea of acting in an English language film, be it The Cross or some other project, while previously she might have considered it a bit too daunting.  I love that she relishes a good challenge and is prepared to work very hard and is optimistic that new and challenging experiences can be very rewarding.  Good opportunities don't always come around easily in acting careers so I hope YJ seizes the day whatever she chooses to do next.

YJ strikes me as a hardworking and hungry and discerning actor as well so while she will take her time to pick and choose her next project, I think we can rest assured that there will be a next project sometime in the next year.  I hope she can make the most of opportunities boosted by CLOY's success in her career.  I love the Yoon Seri character a lot and thought YJ played her superbly, but I am guessing that whatever role she chooses to take on next will be quite different from YSR because YJ likes to present something new to the audience and for herself as an actor.

On 11/19/2020 at 11:47 PM, ninjayejin said:

They awaiting investments , rather from Asia . SYJ is a big name in the industry and only that alone might be what attract investors. 

Definitely sounds like The Cross is still in limbo, or what they call, development hell.  Securing investment is probably even more difficult at the current time.  Whatever will be, will be.  SYJ has been in the business long enough to know that some things are just out of her hands. 

I enjoyed reading the translation from the Elle article, so thanks to the translator for that.  Is there a last part available somewhere?  I feel like we haven't really had an indepth written interview with YJ post CLOY and on CLOY so this was nice to read.  Always like reading her thoughts on her attitude to work and acting, and on what makes her happy.  It's the little things.

I love how much YJ clearly loves food and isn't shy about it.  I would love to see her on a food program of any kind where she can talk and eat to her heart's content lol. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1