Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

1 hour ago, tenor889 said:

I read SYJ can run very fast even wearing high heals. 

I’m not surprised at all because I once saw her running very fast on high heels in rain in Something in the Rain. At that time, I just WOWED, but after watching The master of House , I understand that Ye-jin is really fit and sporty. What an inspiring woman.❤️

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lucia704 said:
4 hours ago, tenor889 said:

I’m not surprised at all because I once saw her running very fast on high heels in rain in Something in the Rain. At that time, I just WOWED, but after watching The master of House , I understand that Ye-jin is really fit and sporty. What an inspiring woman.❤️

I am not surprised either, I have watched SYJ doing TRX in master in the house before I reading that comment. :) When I watched SYJ doing TRX video, I was just “Wow” !respect!

hahaha

veCSTWS.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

I ordered "The Last Princess" Bluray few days ago, today I received it. :)

Even though I think the story of this film is not good enough, but it is a meaningful movie for Ye Jin, and her acting is outstanding in this movie. Plus I like Park Hae-il and Ra Mi-ran, they both did great job. therefore I bought the Bluray. 

91e98b1333007142.jpg 45641a1333007183.jpg c7feb21333007220.jpg ebb7231333007269.jpg 740b4b1333007316.jpg 68db8f1333007358.jpg acc2101333007399.jpg c7f5521333007422.jpg 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

She finally got the drama success she always deserved. I alwayd wanted that big drama for her and it finally happened. Such a superstar  career she has.movie superstar drama superstar, nations first love. She has it all. I hope it touches 20%  by finale . Only cable drama to do is skycastle and it had 20 epis compared  to cloy 16 episodes. This breaks between episodes stopped the growth in odd episodes but ecen episodes makeup for it

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

5 hours ago, thi2018 said:

I'm so overwhelmed reading all the posts here, binjin shipper thread, and the drama thread so I'm really behind. LOL. Please give me some time to catch up LOL

Sure..take ur time..

Me too...

I can't catch up cloy thread...

They are sooo active..

More people come to BinJin thread and that thread become more fun.....

• Like 1
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, cybertron said:

with naver papago, it's good enough for you to read it. 

https://papago.naver.com/

" The ratings will not drop suddenly, " Son Ye Jin's 20 years dramas history (report)  .

[TV Report: Park Hyun-min] tvN's "Crash Landing on You" is actor Son Ye-jin's 10th drama. In contrast to her 21 films since her debut, the drama is her 10th hard work. Moreover, it was also the first cable drama of her career.

Looking back on Son's drama history, which has produced stable ratings as the lead actor for as many as 20 years, the audience has been organized.

#10 total over 20 years, 17.1% average maximum viewing rate

In 2001, her first major drama, "The Delicious Proposal," was a drama that made her what she is now. She played Jang Hee-ae, the younger sister of Jang Hee-moon (So Ji-sub), and played the character of a rich-born daughter. In the drama, which had a highest viewership rating of 30.9 percent (based on Nielsen nationwide), Son even won the MBC Best Female New Artist award, marking a proper eye for the public. The same year, "Sunhee Jin-hee," "The Great Ambition" from 2002-2003 and "Summer Scent" from 2003 also recorded top ratings of 15 percent, 27.7 percent and 19.2 percent, respectively.

Son Ye-jin gave "Life Drama" to many through "Alone in Love" in 2006. She received rave reviews for showing real breathing with Jung Woo-sung, who became 10 million actors with the film "King and the Clown" (2005), and drew public fire with a highest viewership of 16.9 percent. Through this, she won the SBS Best Actress Award and the Teenage Star Award, and the 43rd Best Actress Award in the TV category of the Baeksang Arts Awards.

The drama "Spotlight" in 2008 and "Personal Taste" in 2010 were well-received, with top ratings of 12.2 percent and 16.2 percent, respectively, that clearly went beyond the character of actor Son Ye-jin’s resale patent. The drama "Shark" (2013), which she had worked with actor Kim Nam-gil, had a highest viewership rating of 10.7 percent.

JTBC’s "Something in the rain," which was seen as the first drama comeback in as many as five years, recorded a 7.3 percent viewership rating, remaining the only one that received a report card that failed to exceed 10 percent in all of Son’s dramas. This is a disappointing result, which coincided with a drop in the average viewership of all dramas produced by various TV channels and TV channels. Nevertheless, she took the 13th Seoul Drama Awards, the Korean Wave Drama Actress Award, and the 2nd Seoul Awards Women's Day Award in the arms of actor Sohn Ye-jin.

# The more I see her, the more I fall in love with her #

The drama "Crash Landing on You" is Son's first foray into tvN. The drama is currently recording a steep viewership after being reunited with actor Hyun Bin, who was previously rumored to be dating due to his "negotiation" breathing, and concerns over the glorification of the North Korean military.

The viewership, which started with 6.1 percent in the first episode, soared to as high as 15.9 percent through the 12th episode. In addition, it topped the list of dramas in December 2019-2020 and topped the CPI for the third week of January. It also topped a favorite TV program by Koreans in January 2020 released by Gallup Korea, recording a much higher-than-simple viewing rate.

This was partly due to the penmanship of Park Ji-eun, who wrote "Queen of Reversals," "My Love from the Star" and "The Producers." Son said earlier, "I thought the idea was brilliant from the time I heard the synopsis. It was interesting. It was really fun to see the script," she said. Of course, it is clearly the power of actor Son Ye-jin that brought Yoon's character to life in such a script.

#'What's the final order for the tvN Toy Play?

tvN Toylama dates back to 2017’s "Secret Forest." Since taking its first step by recording the highest viewership rating of 6.6 percent with a combination of Cho Seung-woo and Bae Doo-na at the time, tvN's Toy Story has produced 10 percent of the box office hits every year, including "Mr. Sunshine" in 2018, "Memories of the Alhambra Palace" in 2019 and "Hotel Deluna" in 2019. There are some slow works. For "The Melting of Me," which handed over the baton to "The Crucible of Love," the show’s 3.2 percent poor ratings and the Arthdal Chronicles, which invested huge capital, are representative works, regardless of whether they receive a result that falls short of expectations.

That is why the ratings of "Crash Landing on You" are not all the more natural. After a steady rise in ratings to match the big talk, "Crash Landing on You" is chasing the highest viewership record of 18.1 percent held by "Mr. Sunshine" by 2.2 percentage points. There are only four episodes left. Attention is focusing on whether the audience will be able to create a new owner for the "Golden Earth Drama" throne, which is heated by the sweet romance of Lee Jeong-hyeok (Hyun Bin), who moved to South Korea to protect Yoon Se-ri (Son Ye-jin).

PS. some dramas' titles are wrong, but I don't know what the correct titles are, sorry I can't correct it.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

On 1/30/2020 at 7:35 AM, thi2018 said:

Who do you think is the actor Son YeJin had best chemistry with? 

She's the queen of Chemistry so she had best chemistry with anyone.

But if i should pick 3 actors name, maybe the reason because these are great talented actor for me. They can deliver the emotion to audience really well. Here they are :

1. So Ji Sub (Be With You is the movie which can make me cry like a river. Both of them deliver details gesture in each scene. Like Soo Ah Clean Woo Jin's ear scene, Soo Ah put her hand in Woo Jin pocket scene) 

2. Kam Woo Sung (Alone in Love). 

3. Jung Woo Sung (A moment to remember).

Note : Hyun Bin not including on this list. I can not compare him with another SYJ coStar. That's not chemistry but real for me :D

• LOL 9

On 2/3/2020 at 5:34 AM, Deepakmahajan said:

She finally got the drama success she always deserved. I alwayd wanted that big drama for her and it finally happened. Such a superstar  career she has.movie superstar drama superstar, nations first love. She has it all. I hope it touches 20%  by finale . Only cable drama to do is skycastle and it had 20 epis compared  to cloy 16 episodes. This breaks between episodes stopped the growth in odd episodes but ecen episodes makeup for it

In terms of popularity, does anyone know who YSG is comparative to in the American entertainment industry? Just wondered as I am not too familiar with the Korean Industry.

8 minutes ago, Elle R said:

In terms of popularity, does anyone know who YSG is comparative to in the American entertainment industry? Just wondered as I am not too familiar with the Korean Industry.

u mean son ye jin? she is among top 3 or top 6 actresses of her gen. Ranking can be subjective .. The top most female stars like son ye jin, jun ji hyun, song hye kyo, hanji min, gong hye jin, kim tae hee. Top 3 will be the first 3 i mentioned in my opinion because they were the first 3 to hit superstardom and never lost it. . Highest paid and top most actresses with aura.  Infact 90s gen born actresses have yet to replicate their level of success. If u wanna compare to hollywood counter parts , put angelina jolie, cameron diaz,  julia roberts at their career peaks. This is their level of stardom in korea

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Deepakmahajan said:

u mean son ye jin? she is among top 3 or top 6 actresses of her gen. Ranking can be subjective ... If u wanna compare to hollywood counter parts , put angelina jolie, cameron diaz,  julia roberts at their career peaks. This is their level of stardom in korea

Ah, thank you. And yes, SYJ ... darn autocorrect. I wondered as lists I see rarely ever put her in Top 10 even though per data she is quite bankable at the box office. I find it interesting that despite having to read subtitles, her acting moves me more than the three American actresses you mentioned.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Elle R said:

Ah, thank you. And yes, SYJ ... darn autocorrect. I wondered as lists I see rarely ever put her in Top 10 despite being bankable at the box office. I find it interesting that despite having to read subtitles, her acting moves me more than the three American actresses you mentioned.

Its all about media play. She has been at top with all these actresses  for many years

Infact  during 2000s she set the record for highest salary for dramas. Despite not ranking in top 10 by these biased sources,  she is paid more than most of those girls and on par with jjh or shk who are considered highest paid actresses in korea. Those lists are outdated and idol companies also oay a lot for such lists. U will see more idols in forbes korea list but infact actors are more loved and respected in korea. So take such lists with pinch of salt.

She invests in her movies and take share of profits running into millions of dollars. Owns lot of real estate

Her agency  isn't  into media play. Thats it. She is among most successful actresses in korea

• Like 3
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1

Hi. I'm a new to this thread but I'm a SYJ's fan since forever. 

6 hours ago, Deepakmahajan said:

Its all about media play. She has been at top with all these actresses  for many years

Infact  during 2000s she set the record for highest salary for dramas. Despite not ranking in top 10 by these biased sources,  she is paid more than most of those girls and on par with jjh or shk who are considered highest paid actresses in korea. Those lists are outdated and idol companies also oay a lot for such lists. U will see more idols in forbes korea list but infact actors are more loved and respected in korea. So take such lists with pinch of salt.

She invests in her movies and take share of profits running into millions of dollars. Owns lot of real estate

Her agency  isn't  into media play. Thats it. She is among most successful actresses in korea

I'm 100% agreed to what @Deepakmahajan said. To be honest it takes only a common sense to know that its all a media play. Son Ye Jin does dramas but she's a movie actress, in Hollywood, Bollywood or wherever part of the globe you're in, actors/actresses who does movies are always high regarded than actors/actresses in dramas. MOVIE ACTORS ARE HIGHLY PAID THAN THE DRAMA ACTORS. Producers and directors won't cast an actors that don't have a star power & ticketpower that's the combination of POPULARITY + IMAGE + AUDIENCE TRUST = BLOCKBUSTER MOVIE. And we know by now that SYJ already surpassed Kim Hye Soo as being the Blockbuster queen in Changmuro. 

If I'm being honest, SYJ is always ahead to those actress mentioned above. "Son Ye-jin, rated as #1 Actress on the 2017 TPR,  will be one of the highest paid actresses in the history of K-drama"

You can read that here: 

https://www.asiaone.com/business/leading-toptier-korean-actress-son-yejin-spackman-entertainment-group’s-associated-company

The irony is no internet news portal has said about this cough **media play**. Only Korean & Chinese media have known this. Son Ye Jin's worth has always been gazilliooooonn far than her contemporary peers;)

• Like 5
  • Love 3