Ok TaecYeon 옥택연 | [Upcoming Drama 2024 "Taereung Zombie Village"]

Admin

13 hours ago, TheaN said:

Is Ok Taecyeon advancing into Hollywood? Signed a contract with a major US agency [Official]

[Newsen Reporter Kim Myung-mi] Actor Ok Taek-yeon signed a contract with a major American agency and opened up the possibility of advancing into Hollywood.

On February 27, 51K announced that actor Ok Taecyeon had signed a contract with the American agency WME.

WME (William Morris Endeavor), which has an exclusive contract with Taecyeon Ok, includes directors Quentin Tarantino, Ridley Scott, Matthew McConaughey, Tom Holland, Michael B Jordan, director Park Chan-wook, director Bong Joon-ho, and Bae Doona. Of course, he serves as an agent for content creators covering books, digital media, movies, broadcasting and performances.

Ok Taecyeon's agency 51K said, "We are delighted that actor Ok Taecyeon, who has expanded his scope as an actor through various works such as 'Vincenzo', 'Hansan', and 'Blind', has signed an official agent contract with WME, one of the representative agencies in the United States. She expressed her feelings, saying, “I ask for your encouragement for Ok Taek-yeon’s future steps.”

Taecyeon Ok also said, "I'm excited and happy to be able to take on a new challenge. I talked a lot with the local agency. It won't be easy to take on a new challenge in an unfamiliar environment, but I think it's a good opportunity to learn a lot. I will do my best to show Ok Taecyeon's new charm."

from a Naver article translated with Google.

@TheaN  thanks for sharing this. This is good for him. Congratulations TAECYEON! I will be looking forward to your productions in the US! I'm happy for him. He'll do fine in Hollywood since he can speak English fluently. He can do several genres really well...I wish him a successful career in Hollywood. So excited! We get to see him in many more projects soon! On the domestic side, I hope we could get to hear some updates on his upcoming drama "My Heart is Beating".   :sweet:

Ok Taecyeon Signs With Hollywood Talent Agency WME

news-p.v1.20230227.f7081fd174514487b96f3

Ok Taecyeon has signed with a Hollywood talent agency.

His South Korean agency 51K announced on February 27th, “Ok Taecyeon has signed an exclusive contract with American talent agency WME (William Morris Endeavor).”

WME currently represents Quentin Tarantino, Ridley Scott, Matthew McConaughey, Tom Holland, Michael B Jordan, Park Chan Wook, Bong Joon Ho and Bae Doona.

51K said, “We are delighted that the actor has struck a formal partnership with WME, one of the leading management agencies in America. Please wish him all the best in his future endeavors.”

The actor shared, “I am excited and happy to embark on a new journey with WME. I talked a lot with my current agency, and I know that working in a new environment will not be easy. But I think it is a good opportunity for me to learn a lot. I will do my best to show a new side of me in the future.”

Meanwhile, Ok Taecyeon will be starring in a new KBS drama named My Heart Is Beating (literal title), which will be aired in the first half of this year.

source : https://ent.sbs.co.kr/news/article.do?article_id=E10010266560

• Like 1

4 Hot K-Drama Psychopaths Who Would Destroy Each Other If Put In A Room Together

Who do you think would win if these K-Drama villains were put in a room together? Vote for your pick at the end of our article!

kdrama-villains.png

Have you ever wondered what it would be like if all the greatest psychopathic villains from K-Dramas were to have a showdown? Well, you've come to the right place. We picked 4 "hot" psychopaths from K-Dramas that we thought would be perfect for this simulation. When it comes to intelligence, physical prowess, viciousness, and more, which villain, if any, would emerge victorious? Check out our analysis below and vote for your pick in the poll at the end of the article!

Spoiler Alert!

3. Jang HanSeok played by 2PM's Ok TaecYeon - "Vincenzo"

vincenzo-ok-taecyeon.jpg

A fan-favorite K-Drama psychopath, Jang HanSeok is iconic, to say the least. The way he went from the sweet and wholesome Jang JunWoo to the unhinged, power-hungry madman Jang HanSeok has to be one of the most memorable transformations ever, thanks to Ok TaecYeon's outstanding performance. Now, Jang HanSeok has no morality, which means he has no qualms about going as far as it takes to achieve his ends. In fact, he is pure evil and could very well blow up the world if that meant he could rule it. However, he is hot-headed, impulsive, relies too much on others, and has little to no foresight, so we're not too sure how long he would last in a K-Drama villain face-off.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Kpopmap

• Like 1

tvN’s Top 10 dramas with highest viewership ratings of all time: Will Son Ye Jin and Hyun Bin’s co-starred drama be able to secure its position at the top?

A new name just broke into the top 10 of the dramas with the highest viewership ratings by tvN.

8. Vincenzo

“Vicenzo” earned a place in the list as a drama starring Song Joong Ki with a 14.6% rating nationwide and 16.5% rating in Seoul. The mafia drama brought a dark and gloomy atmosphere filled with suspense, opening up a new page in Song Joong Ki’s acting repertoire.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://kbizoom.com/tvns-top-10-dramas-with-highest-viewership-ratings-of-all-time-will-son-ye-jin-and-hyun-bins-co-starred-drama-be-able-to-secure-its-position-at-the-top/

• 2 weeks later...

The era of villains? 4 Korean actors whose lives changed after excellent villain roles

In the past, most actors avoided playing villains, in fear of audiences resenting them. However, in the “heyday of villains” now, things have changed.

Villain roles are often not actors’ favorite, seeing that main roles are often occupied by good characters (hereinafter referred to as heroes). So, even if a villain demonstrates exceptional acting skills, it is difficult for them to be the most major character. Moreover, once a villainous image is established, it is likely that the audience will resent the actor, affecting their daily lives. In fact, actors who played villains often had experiences of being scolded by people who watch their works. 

However, villains can sometimes be more appealing than heroes. Although they may receive criticism from viewers, they can still leave a strong impression. Villains can change their image dramatically with powerful acting skills and unique character traits. The effect may even double when an actor, who has only played hero roles, transforms into a villain.

Ok Taecyeon – “Vincenzo”

Ok Taecyeon has played righteous roles, where he shows off his tall stature and innocent appearance, which is reminiscent of a large dog. In fact, he has always shown a cool side, saving the female lead from crises in KBS2’s “Cinderella’s Sister”, “Dream High”, tvN’s “Let’s Fight, Ghost”, and OCN’s “Save Me”.

vicenzo

However, in the 2021 tvN drama “Vincenzo”, Taecyeon transformed into Jang Han Seok, a villain with ambitions to shake up South Korea, thus taking on his first villainous roles. Initially appearing as a pure-hearted junior lawyer who likes the female lead Hong Cha Young (Jeon Yeo Been), he later reveals his true identity, shocking the audience.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.wikitree.co.kr/articles/840894

• Like 1

25 K-Dramas To Celebrate 25 Memorable Years With Soompi

25-dramas-4.jpg?s=900x600&e=t

Can you believe it—Soompi is 25 years old!

Soompi first launched in 1998, and we have loved experiencing all the excitement of Korean entertainment with you.

Thank you for continuing to support Soompi, and walk down memory lane with us as we celebrate the past 25 years with a drama that aired each year!

2011: “Dream High

Dream-High.jpg

Set at competitive arts school Kirin High School, “Dream High” is a drama that follows the story of six students trying to achieve love and their dreams in the music industry. The drama boasts an incredibly star-studded cast including Kim Soo Hyun, Suzy, IU, 2PM’s Taecyeon and Wooyoung, T-ara’s Eunjung, Park Jin Young, Lee Yoon Ji, Uhm Ki Joon, Bae Yong Joon, and more.

Watch “Dream High” below:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

Love K-pop? Here are 9 K-dramas that you can watch

The K-pop industry can seem glamorous. But underneath all the glitz and glamor are stories of trials and tribulations, of trainees working hard to make their debut and idols struggling to succeed in the cutthroat music scene.

K-dramas have made efforts to portray these struggles, weaved with stories of friendship and romance. Below are some series that can give curious K-pop fans and other viewers a glimpse of the idol industry.

Dream High (2011)

Starring: Bae Suzy, Kim Soo-hyun, Ok Taec-yeon, Ham Eun-jung, Jang Woo-young, Lee Ji-eun (IU)
Watch on: Netflix, Viu

A K-drama classic that tells the story of students at a prestigious arts school who struggle to achieve their dreams of becoming K-pop singers.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : https://news.abs-cbn.com/entertainment/04/06/23/love-k-pop-here-are-9-k-dramas-that-you-can-watch

• 3 weeks later...

4 Fun-Filled Summery Historical K-Dramas You’ll Love After “Our Blooming Youth”

With no sageuks on the immediate horizon after the wrap-up of “Our Blooming Youth,” there’s no better time than to revisit (or watch anew) some of the best historical dramas of the past few years. Some feature detective duos who bicker their way into romance like Lee Hwan (Park Hyung Sik) and Min Jae Yi (Jeon So Nee), and others matchmake sweet heroines like Ga Ram (Pyo Ye Jin) with brooding men like Han Sung On (Yoon Jong Seok). And there’s a healthy splash of danger, mystery, and even the slight hint of magic in all these recommendations below. Here they are, without further ado!

2. “Secret Royal Inspector & Joy

“Secret Royal Inspector & Joy” is a zany splash of fun, perfect for the summer! Ra Yi Eon (Taecyeon) would really rather not be a royal inspector. So it’s a rude awakening when he goes from spending his days creating magnificent culinary creations to the applause of his two menservants, Yook Chil (Min Jin Woong) and Goo Pal (Park Kang Sub), to being assigned the most deadly job a clerk of the Hongmungwan (Office of Special Advisors) can have. Royal inspectors are in charge of ferreting out corruption (or rather enabling it, depending on how the wind blows), which often results in a painful death. Thus, Ra Yi Eon decides to eschew justice altogether and treat the job as a food tour across Joseon.

Naturally, this doesn’t work out as planned.

taecyeon4.gif

Kim Jo Yi (Kim Hye Yoon) has had it with men and their mothers. After being married for far too long in her opinion, she petitions the local magistrate for a divorce with the support of all the town’s women, save her mother-in-law of course.

Chance and some skullduggery have her running into our royal inspector, where she’s promptly smitten and furious that she’s smitten, so she treats him like she’d treat any other man, by being blunt and keeping her distance. And just like that we’ve a detective duo to rival Lee Hwan and Min Jae Yi. Granted, the drama skews a little more mature in certain respects, but this is a hilarious, fun detective drama with a slow-burn romance that fans of “Our Blooming Youth” will love!

taecyeon2.gif

Start watching “Secret Royal Inspector & Joy”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• 2 weeks later...

Taec also posted 2 Vlogs on his channel.

with ULOS

택연 Kansai 20230428-30

So happy he posted highlights.  The camera police made me delete the selfies I took prior to the event even starting.:sad1:

• Sad 1

*** I re-watched his latest drama “Blind”. It has a dark plot but, it is an amazing show, the best thriller for me so far. It was an interesting and yet a sad watch because of how the story ended. The reason I decided to watch this because of Taecyeon. I did feel for him from start to finish.   :sweet:

• Like 1