Ok TaecYeon 옥택연 | [Upcoming Drama 2024 "Taereung Zombie Village"]

Admin

10 Encouraging K-Dramas About Following Your Dreams

Sometimes you need to “Start-Up” somewhere, for which you may have to “Fight For Your Way” to set a “Record Of Youth,” after all you should always “Dream High.” And no, these aren’t the lyrics of a new K-pop song but titles of popular K-dramas which have taught us to aim high and dream big.

From a struggling actor to an aspiring entrepreneur, an athlete who struggles for a comeback, or a mother who gets a second chance at fulfilling her dream, K- dramas have often given us inspiring stories of aspiration, motivating one through the journey of the protagonists. With the start of a new year, here’s a recap of 10 K-dramas which infused hope and made us believe that everything is possible when you set your mind to it.

“Dream High”

IMG_5835.jpg

What does it take to be a K-pop idol? The teenage high school musical “Dream High” charts the journey of six students who arrive at Kirin Arts Academy to get a foothold in the music industry. The self-assured Go Hye Mi (Suzy) wrestles her way into the school despite losing the audition. Hye Mi is an aspiring opera singer who raises her younger sister and is also paying off her father’s debts to loan sharks. Song Sam Dong (Kim Soo Hyun), the proverbial country boy, is a music prodigy but also suffers from a rare ailment. Jin Guk (Taecyeon) is a talented, independent soul, subconsciously seeking fame to get attention from his estranged father, a mayor. Yoon Baek Hee (Eun Jung), betrayed by Hye Mi at the audition, is a raw talent and transforms into Hye Mi’s rival. And Kim Pil Suk (IU) has perfect pitch but is shy and self conscious about her appearance. And finally, there’s Jason (Wooyoung), a Korean American awaiting his big debut in K-pop.

“Dream High” is a breezy entertainment ride as these six students go through the grind of auditions, practice, and choreography. They also learn valuable lessons in self growth and handling relationships. As we see Sam Dong being felicitated at the Grammy’s, “Dream High” could well have been the sign of times as K-pop becomes a global phenomenon being applauded worldwide.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

[New Drama] "My Heart Is Beating"

photo1611216.jpg

"My Heart Is Beating" (2023)

Directed by Lee Hyun-suk, Lee Min-soo-I

Written by Jung Seung-joo, Kim Sa-na

Network: KBS

With Ok Taecyeon, Won Ji-an,...

Synopsis
A romance drama about a semi-human vampire named Seon Woo-hyeol, who failed to become a human by a day out of 100 years, and a woman Joo In-hae, who doesn't have a single human decency, starting to live together and finding true warmth.

Broadcast starting date in Korea : 2023/First half

*** Awww.............."My Heart is Beating" sounds like a CUTE and totally romance drama to be ready to watch. It's a romance indeed between a half vampire and a human. Sounds like a reverse of My Roomate is a Gumiho. I hope the chemistry will ignite with this pairing. I guess she's a new actress. NICE to see her getting shot at leading role. I hope this

will be good, rating-wise.   :shaq:

*** The story of "My Heart is Beating" sounds a lot like some popular contemporary dramas floating around these days. I guess this would be a hit with the younger audience? KBS hasn’t produced any noteworthy dramas in awhile. I hope this will do well, ratings-wise.   :twerk2:

screenshot_20230117_111334_instagram7490

Taecyeon Takes Starring Role in “My Heart is Beating”

lets-fight-ghost-taecyeon-6-e16736620271

Taecyeon (Blind) has taken a starring role in the upcoming Korean drama My Heart is Beating. My Heart is Beating is a fantasy romance about a quirky half-human/half-vampire and a cold-hearted school nurse who end up living together.

Taecyeon will play the half-human/half-vampire. He will be joined by Won Ji Ah (If You Wish Upon Me) who will play the school nurse.

My Heart is Beating is looking to air in the second half of 2023 on KBS.

source : https://kdramakisses.com/2023/01/22/taecyeon-takes-starring-role-in-my-heart-is-beating/

*** “Dream High” is set to be made into a musical! TODAY, January 26th, Art One Company revealed that this drama will be presented as a show musical that combines traditional musicals and dance. By combining this musicals with dance, this performance will be like watching a concert.The upcoming musical will draw out the stories of these students after they graduate high school.  Casting and further details to be announced at a later date.    :ohboy2:

source : http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1112030672

• Like 1

6 hours ago, willenette said:

*** “Dream High” is set to be made into a musical! TODAY, January 26th, Art One Company revealed that this drama will be presented as a show musical that combines traditional musicals and dance. By combining this musicals with dance, this performance will be like watching a concert.The upcoming musical will draw out the stories of these students after they graduate high school.  Casting and further details to be announced at a later date.    

source : http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1112030672

I wonder when they are planning to open?  I have a couple trips planned later this year for Korea.

4 hours ago, TheaN said:

I wonder when they are planning to open?  I have a couple trips planned later this year for Korea.

@TheaN so, are you still interested to watch this even though the cast are different? I have a feeling that it is since KSH and Taec will be very busy with their upcoming dramas. I am also going to Korea this December.   :heart2:

1 hour ago, willenette said:

@TheaN so, are you still interested to watch this even though the cast are different? I have a feeling that it is since KSH and Taec will be very busy with their upcoming dramas. I am also going to Korea this December.   

The music was pretty good and lets face it the original cast is a bit too old to play HS kids.  I'm not sure what dates I'll be there, it depends, of course on Taecyeon and 2PMs concert schedule. :glee:

• Love 1

On 1/27/2023 at 6:35 AM, TheaN said:

@TheaN the musical will be staged in May at the Kwanglim Arts Center in southern Seoul, according to Artone Company, the producer of the musical show. The exact date has not yet been revealed, though.  Also, the castings for the upcoming musical have not been announced.     :blush:

Poster for the musical ″Dream High″ [ARTONE COMPANY]

Poster for the musical ″Dream High″ [ARTONE COMPANY] / source : JoongAngDaily

6 hours ago, willenette said:

@TheaN the musical will be staged in May at the Kwanglim Arts Center in southern Seoul, according to Artone Company, the producer of the musical show. The exact date has not yet been revealed, though.  Also, the castings for the upcoming musical have not been announced.     :blush:

Shucks.  I'll be in Japan in May.  I got tickets to Taec's Japan fan meeting in April/May.  Hope they have an extended run.  

16 hours ago, TheaN said:

Shucks.  I'll be in Japan in May.  I got tickets to Taec's Japan fan meeting in April/May.  Hope they have an extended run.  

@TheaN I wonder if the original cast will reunite or will have a special participation in the musical. It is still a mystery who will be playing the lead roles and what the musical will look like.   :heart3:

• Like 1

On 1/29/2023 at 7:15 AM, TheaN said:

@TheaN ohhh...............you lucky, girl that you could get to see his Japan FM soon. Since you got the tix already, so, you're ready.  I heard that 2PM is reportedly preparing to hold a solo concert some time in August of September of this year, with all 6 members currently working out their schedules as to perform together on stage.   :kisslevel:

• Like 1

*** Taecyeon gained attention for his latest livestream, where he addressed the sex-story allegations referred to him online, which started on a mukbang channel by YouTuber Stephanie Soo. On February 4, she uploaded a video on her channel, which contained juicy confessions from anonymous netizens. The YouTuber is known for her mukbang content, since it blends grim storytelling regarding mysteries while eating food. In her latest episode, a user sent her a confession, where she and her co-host read out loud. On her story, the user met a handsome stranger in a club, and had fun with each other on the dance floor. Afterwards, it was stated that she and the stranger had an intercourse on the club's bathroom. In the following day, the user shared that an NDA (non-disclosure agreement) was sent to her via text message, to which she perceived as expulsion from her job. To clarify, her friend took the PDF containing the NDA, and showed her a logo in the document's top corner. The logo revealed three recognized letters stating, "JYP." Furthermore, the friend showed the submitter a video of the two having fun on the club, and immediately recognized the male individual. The claims stated the stranger is a "JYP idol from an older popular group." In these allegations, two of the company's boy group list came into question, which are GOT7 and 2PM. Amid the story's circulation, Taecyeon was mentioned many times online. After three days since the video's release, the story's popularity finally reached Taecyeon in an Instagram livestream. During the live, he shared that he witnessed some wild content, referring to the rumors made about him. Soon after, he posted on his Twitter account, showing him in a dance practice studio with the caption, "The fridge goes to a dance practice, not clubs," causing laughter to many fans. His response made me - LOL -   :Megalol:

• Like 1

The "fridge" reference began as a slur by some other fan group calling Taec "fridge-shaped", as opposed to a thin flower boy type.  Hottests didn't mind the reference as we know our man to be big and broad and we LIKE that.  I even joined in the thread posting fridge references.

Here's mine

Taec joined in the fun and posted:

and he also hosted an IG live.  You can see it here, where he is building up his fridge-ness :lol: :

https://youtu.be/7aS9y9HMgA4

7 hours ago, TheaN said:

The "fridge" reference began as a slur by some other fan group calling Taec "fridge-shaped", as opposed to a thin flower boy type.  Hottests didn't mind the reference as we know our man to be big and broad and we LIKE that.  I even joined in the thread posting fridge references.

Here's mine

Taec joined in the fun and posted:

and he also hosted an IG live.  You can see it here, where he is building up his fridge-ness :lol: :

https://youtu.be/7aS9y9HMgA4

@TheaN  thanks for the explanation regarding this "fridge" thing. Now, I understand already.  That is a funny  and bad*ss way to handle it! Smart, Taec! He became bigger & broader during his MS. This is the reason why he earned the title of “Captain Korea,” a reference to the Marvel character Captain America, due to his physique that resembled the comic and movie character. Also, thanks for sharing the video. He even said -   :Megalol:

I was working out and checking out the internet, and there was so much nonsense, hahahaha.

— Taecyeon

XzYxXY7a00xB4SBAe1tkHtBBE6NOjnxAEXlR0YyR

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is Ok Taecyeon advancing into Hollywood? Signed a contract with a major US agency [Official]

[Newsen Reporter Kim Myung-mi] Actor Ok Taek-yeon signed a contract with a major American agency and opened up the possibility of advancing into Hollywood.

On February 27, 51K announced that actor Ok Taecyeon had signed a contract with the American agency WME.

WME (William Morris Endeavor), which has an exclusive contract with Taecyeon Ok, includes directors Quentin Tarantino, Ridley Scott, Matthew McConaughey, Tom Holland, Michael B Jordan, director Park Chan-wook, director Bong Joon-ho, and Bae Doona. Of course, he serves as an agent for content creators covering books, digital media, movies, broadcasting and performances.

202302270934560310_4_20230227094003843.jpg?type=w430

Ok Taecyeon's agency 51K said, "We are delighted that actor Ok Taecyeon, who has expanded his scope as an actor through various works such as 'Vincenzo', 'Hansan', and 'Blind', has signed an official agent contract with WME, one of the representative agencies in the United States. She expressed her feelings, saying, “I ask for your encouragement for Ok Taek-yeon’s future steps.”

Taecyeon Ok also said, "I'm excited and happy to be able to take on a new challenge. I talked a lot with the local agency. It won't be easy to take on a new challenge in an unfamiliar environment, but I think it's a good opportunity to learn a lot. I will do my best to show Ok Taecyeon's new charm."

from a Naver article translated with Google.