[variety] Oppa Band (오빠밴드)

@damifino: really? sungmin wa the one who said he shouldn't play with them? why? haha, it would have been perfect if he performed, he seems to really love oppa band.

although i myself would love for him to perform,but he would totally outshine the others,since they are surrounded with thousands of ELFs..even when they just mentioned sungmin,the crowd went crazy..its just to shift the lime light to the others i think since this is going to be broadcasted for their show..

@aydeebutterfly: zomg x100! you are so lucky! i am soooo envious right now. no fancams or pictures? i wanna see SIY too, she's adorable.

nope..the security was thight and i didnt want to put my phone in my pocket nor hid my camera on that day bcoz i got standing tix that day..had i known that SIY are coming,i would totally risk it for her since i already came for the first two days and got some fancams alraedy of the boys..haha

@laydeebutterfly: U r so lucky! (You must be really happy to see Youngwoon, I know that you are a Youngwoon die-hard supporter like me coz I saw your clips in YT before :lol: Please tell me he look a zillion time more gorgeous,which I am sure he is and I am saving up to see him in concert next year)

zOMG he is much much more gorgeous in real life,and i am not kidding..KYW :wub:..in fact all of them were..it was the best three days of my life to date..seriously i would love for it to go on forever..i actually cried when it was over..

and i was so surprised when the oppa band logo came out on the big screen..and then all of them came out and we were like omg omg omg its oppa band..jungmo stood right infront of us..i think he used the guitar that got thrown..he threw his pick to the crowd though afterwards..he is SO SO HOT!~

I think each member of the band got a table for their family and friends. Unfortunately, Jungmo's family couldn't be there and according to the show, Heechul secretly surprise appearance (as in Jungmo didn't know he was going to be there, I guess). It looked like Heechul and his manager were the only ones at Jungmo's table.

owh wow sweet heenim <3 seriously,why didnt any of the trax member came or something..

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ whoa. jungmo's guitar pick. i would have fangirled like crazy. again, jealous. haha. and 3 days of SSII, you're the best. i'm hoping to watch in thailand....

wish i were in south korea, the shows are so good. artists here would never risk their images and perform in variety shows, and they never become adorkables, never do aegyo too. and they almost never think of new shows, just keep buying rights for american shows. lol what's wrong with me? pessimism much. maybe cause i'm still stuck with my chem paper that i've been writing for 8 hours.

i just watched the latest subbed parts of episode 1. shin dong yup's daughter is seriously cute. and i think she got a lot of wit from her dad. she could be a regular lol. she can play the drums with drum tak haha. how old is that adorable little girl anyway? shin dong yup seems to be an extremely sweet dad. and WOW at tak jae hoon's house.

X.X I'm getting the itch to watch things on youtube again, but oppa band's enough for now.:) gotta get back to writing.

@ laydeebutterfly... yeah my aim is to save enough to see them next year, hopefully for another SuShow or SMTown or something in Korea or maybe like biancapot, I hope to see them in Thailand or wherever they goes that I can afford to go :) . Yeah I read from a friend's blog, she saw them during Hollywood Bowl(just the T boys) and SMTown last year, they are really good looking, and she said Heechul is beautiful...I feel dreamy just reading about what she writes about our 13 boys I totally understand how you feel... I think I will cry to when at the end of the concerts too... so envious that u managed to go for all 3 days...

@ biancapot... I get what you mean! I get local entertainment or those licensed programs that does not take risk from where I am... and my mom wonders why I am on the internet all the time and hardly watch the tv. And even if I watch tv, its Korean dramas! Korean entertainment is really amazing sometimes! And this coming from an entertainment junkie like me that watches all kinda shows from American to Hongkong/Taiwanese to Japanese and now Korean...

I have to agree that now it actually makes sense that Ming didnt perform with Oppa Band at the concert... coz he will totally outshine the others and given its a Suju concert! Its nice to let the band gets its attention... can't wait to see this in the show!

Jungmo guitar pick!? He sometimes sexily bites it... omona... all I can say is that the lucky one that got it... frame it up! :lol:

Ya, I also wonder how come Trax member didn't go for the showcase? Maybe they don't want the attention to shift I guess... But Donghyun supporting his appa and the SDY dad's and baby girl pwn!

Oh also from Radio Star, Ming was clearing up his misunderstanding of dating Sunny? It seems Kim Gura ahjussi was the one doing the asking :lol: ...

Edit;

@ Damifino: Seriously!? I totally agree that is a very very lame hidden camera... I can't help but ask why also?! I think I had enough of hidden camera to last a lifetime... WGM, Family Outing, various other varieties, the numerous numerous one that Suju boys did, EHB ep 8 anyone... argh...

but glad it turn out well... Just felt so bad to see Jungmo's tears...

The picture of them in Su Show II is so sweet! And they look particularly cute!!! Oppa Bang hwaiting!!!!

Guest damifino

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=200907241037321001

Ugh, apparently the whole yelling/fighting segment WAS a hidden camera on Sungmin and Jungmo by the older members in order to teach them to be more lively since they are variety show newbies. Sungmin and Jungmo were 10 minutes late so the older members decide to scold them and they tell the boys that they booked a job on the same day as Super Show II and tell them to get out of doing the concert if they want to stay on the show which is why Jungmo ended up in tears.

Honestly, WHY WHY WHY? I don't get why anyone would find making someone intentionally upset that entertaining. It's sadistic. I didn't find it amusing when Crown J did it to SIY on We Got Married nor did I find it amusing when SuJu boys did it to each other and I certainly don't find it amusing now.

Anyways, they also mention that they show Oppa Band filming Radio Star and their performance at Super Show II. It's scheduled to air on July 26.

Guest Nakuru

i752751_ss2.jpg

Credit: http://blog.naver.com/yyetm/120080530612

^ That blog has a few pictures of the Oppa Band crew at Super Show II, a couple of ones taken backstage as well.

Picture montage for the latest episode:

i752750_6.jpg

//////////

Sungmin and Jungmo were 10 minutes late so the older members decide to scold them and they tell the boys that they booked a job on the same day as Super Show II and tell them to get out of doing the concert if they want to stay on the show which is why Jungmo ended up in tears.

:o T__T

@ damifino: i agree. i don't like that they get stressed by these hidden cameras, some are heartbreaking to watch. fortunately they always turn out in their favor and people love them more cause they figure that the boys are angels in real life and not just acting nice on cam. i almost cried when crown j said bad things to seo in young just to set up the concert event, she seemed so hurt especially since she was in the middle of doing something nice.

lol people could probably make a thread of all the hidden camera scenes they've seen, just with the SJ boys they'd get a lot of posts.

about the one on oppa band, that's too much! how could sungmin and jungmo cancel their obligations in SSII. especially minnie! haha, i seriously think if heechul was the one they pulled that on, it would have been a fail, he would have seen through it. really, it doesn't make sense to book a schedule when they can't be complete, especially since the two magnaes are their guitarists and best drummer, their performance would have been EPIC FAIL.

and giving conditions like cancel the concert or else get sacked..t hat would be worse for them than for the two lol, silly ajusshis. they would never be able to find someone to replace jungmo's guitar and drum playing skills and also sungmin's and besides he brings in the fans.:D i love the ajusshis a lot, but it really wouldn't be oppa band then. and it's more interesting with the contrast between the silent magnaes and all the funny ajusshis neh? it would be boring if they were all like that and had no one to bully.

oh well, at least we get to see how much the magnaes love doing the show with the ajusshis, i mean...jungmo in tears right! the ajusshis should be touched. and i'll have to forgive them since ming and jungmo's screen time is too little.

@ Porcelain baby: neither do I, even when the tv's right in front of me i just stick to my pc screen or hook the tv to the pc. i do it to get people around me to watch too, i get annoyed when they don't cause i know they'd get hooked if they just got exposed! in our shows, you never know whether people are faking for the cams or what. with korean shows i get the feeling that i know the real person and not the reel. yeah, and they're so unoriginal. on a happier note,i seriously screamed when you told me that jungmo bites his pick SEXILY.

i can't find other pictures of oppa band in SSII. can someone post them? if it's not too much trouble, thanks.

and why did hyunbin leave the show? well he didn't really fit rock, haha everything he does is trot. even his loud talking is trot lol. but still, why?:))

Guest mintiful

^ here i'm not sure if all of it is from SS2. cause the outfit is diff. but it could be because they changed for the perf.. i'll just post them anyways. :D

5_yyetm.jpg

7_yyetm.jpg

9_yyetm.jpg

^ hahas. tjh's hand. is it the lyrics or what? lol.

10_yyetm.jpg

3_yyetm.jpg

12_yyetm.jpg

Credit: http://blog.naver.com/yyetm/120080530612

poor ming and jungmo. secret camera on them .wonder how it go. but poor babies. don't know anything.

^ thanks for the pics. i like SIY's hair and outfit. jungmo looks a bit different from the others with his blue shirt. i just noticed that his stare is the same in all three..and then i started comparing how each of them looked at the camera in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th pics. don't know why i found looking at them individually interesting and funny. tak jae hoon. :DD

won't be able to watch oppa band tomorrow, guess i'll just watch from youtube.:)

Guest Caroline :)

this show is the cutest show ever ever ever!

it's adorable seeing the older members trying really hard (esp. shin dong yeup) to do the best of their abilities and I love jung mo and sung min's overall cuteness!

I've got to say, jung mo is a mix of joo ji hoon's sharp image and lee seung gi's cuteness...my new favorite <3

I do wish the ratings were higher for this though... :I

BTW i hope seo in young continues performing with them~

I like how none of the members take advantage of her or give her special treatment for being a girl and how she's super talented <3

Guest kyulou

just finished watching oppa band ep 6

what did jungmo say after the hidden camera scene?

what did he say about his mistake during the sorry sorry performance?

what did he say about ELFs showing the heart gesture?

i hope the show's rating will go higher

This is probably the jjang-est(is there such a word? :lol: ) episode yet… It has so much tears and laughter!

The hidden camera... maybe coz I had known about it before hand, was hardly a surprise nor shock… but wow, SDY screaming caught me off guard… it looks real for a second… I really LOL-ed when Kim Gura tried to pacify Sungmin and Jungmo with banana milk… aigoo, Gura really treats them like kids… And it was really sweet to see SIY comforting Jungmo…

Now Jungmo is my new munchkin, he pwned me so hard in this episode… I mean he is really cute in BOB, but he is much cuter here coz he is with sunbaes, while in BOB, it was among his peers, and the whole atmosphere is different…

Ah… so they have filmed that before they went on Radio Star, glad to see Jungmo laughed a lot at Radio Star…

I love that they try so hard when they were practicing dancing as it’s not their forte with exception of SIY… but what happened to TJK, he looks so defeated by the summer heat and sitting alone and fanning himself…

Oooh I also love the Kim Shin Young and Gura interaction… “ah Appa Band!” “no, Oppa Band”. :lol: Kim Shin Young look so cute in her Minzy-2NE1 image! And her trying her best to teach Gura is really sweet, though she look confused for a few second when Gura didn’t get her…

And I am not sure to write this here or in Heechul’s thread, but since its Oppa band… Heechul is so cute… forgetting the lyric and reading from TJK hand…why so cute bb?

The dry-run at the rehearsal was worrying… all the staffs looks worried but so glad they pulled it off at the end… Jungmo was asking some people to “go,go”, but who were they? It was really dark, and I think they were teasing him…

TJK pants popping before going on stage… :lol:

The blue sapphire pearl sea is so beautiful… I think the Oppa Band members were overwhelmed and Jungmo was so “high” that he forgot the dance steps highlight for Sorry Sorry, the one they stand behind one another and spread out in a line… :lol: and I really like Gura’s dance with SIY… Kim Gura ahjussi really did very well! When they introduced themselves in Japanese and English… TJH is all gibberish… :lol:

I am glad they’ve chosen Jewelry’s Superstar coz it’s such a rock-to song and I think they are all really touched with the OK/heart sign… I realize they don’t interview SIY at all, I guess it’s a question mark if she will stay as lead vocal… I do hope she stays though… I agree with Caroline that they didn't give her preferential treatment but work together with respect and team spirit like how a band should...sweet.

And Sungmin bouncing on stage is the happiest thing ever and the Oppa Band members asking him to show his tummy where they had written “Oppa”, but I think he sweated it off! If I an ELF in front of Sungmin, I will be like, “why are you flashing me your tummy?! But show me more, I don’t mind!” And the caption showed heart icons :wub: when Jungmo was playing the guitar for Heechul’s solo...were they expecting something hehehe…

Oppa Band hwaiting!!!

that was te first time i saw heechul dancing sorry sorry from the start. and so energetically at that!:)) that makes me happy. thank you oppa band.

jungmo is so adorable, he's like a baby. i feel so sorry for him, i think he felt so relieved. it's cute how he wasn't taking the banana milk. it felt nice to hear him voice out his thoughts. i didn't understand what he as saying but it's nice that he spoke a lot and i think it was about how he felt right. he doesn't usually do that. he's always polite and quiet, and he doesn't really speak to his sunbaes about things that he didn't like. i wish he'd speak more.

i agree about SIY and I like that she doesn't crave attention from the other members. it seems like they're very comfortable together. if it were another girl, they'd probably treat her with care and she'd probably be really polite, but SIY just shows the real her and it makes the guys a lot more at ease.

i love their performance, haha. lol at jungmo not doing the line thing and doing his trademark hand thing. i love how kyu and hankyung told sungmin where oppa band was. i also love how he cutely shows his tummy and then runs off like a kid.

oh and what was that song they showed super junior doing hip thrusts to? it must have been amazing standing there and receiving thos hearts all at once. oppa band is so lovable. i wished the ratings were higher, that was an amazing episode even though i didn't understand what they were talking about.

thanks eveyone.:)) be back soon.

Guest damifino

http://star.mt.co.kr/view/stview.php?no=20...link=2&SVEC

Unfortunately, it looks like Seo In Young will be leaving "Oppa Band" due to being busy with her personal schedule. In her place, the band will get Hong Kyung Min as a permanent member. His first episode will be 8/2 which is an episode they filmed in Kangwondo Gyungpodae Beach where the members will perform. HKM not only sings, he plays the drums and other instruments.

Guest Caroline :)

http://star.mt.co.kr/view/stview.php?no=20...link=2&SVEC

Unfortunately, it looks like Seo In Young will be leaving "Oppa Band" due to being busy with her personal schedule. In her place, the band will get Hong Kyung Min as a permanent member. His first episode will be 8/2 which is an episode they filmed in Kangwondo Gyungpodae Beach where the members will perform. HKM not only sings, he plays the drums and other instruments.

...hong kyung min?

i like him but i thought they would try to get someone younger for the spot...

the lead vocalist is usually younger and he looks TOO much like an ahjushi...and he sounds old when he sings too...

maybe i'm biased because i like SIY but I still don't think this will help with ratings AT ALL using an old man as the lead vocalist instead of someone younger (not really young but in their late twenties, early thirties)

oh well... :/

...hong kyung min?

i like him but i thought they would try to get someone younger for the spot...

the lead vocalist is usually younger and he looks TOO much like an ahjushi...and he sounds old when he sings too...

maybe i'm biased because i like SIY but I still don't think this will help with ratings AT ALL using an old man as the lead vocalist instead of someone younger (not really young but in their late twenties, early thirties)

oh well... :/

i dunno~ since this is oppa band and SIY does have the best talent but she doenst have a great chemistry with the cast other than performing~ dont get me wrong,i love love her~ but you can see she is somehow awkward with the cast..

and as much as i love idols,there are some evidance in the past that idols doesnt really help with ratings unless they do pretty good stuff.. or something like that~

Archived