[variety] Oppa Band (오빠밴드)

Guest damifino

While I'm still iffy on the entertainment value of HKM himself, I think HKM might be a good addition to the show because it actually gave Tak Jae Hoon chances to actually be the "front man" which I think he's more suited for. Tak Jae Hoon is just too entertaining to be hidden in the back playing drums.

They seemed a bit more serious about the music this week and I really enjoyed the impromptu reggae introduction, so funny :)

ETA

TNS ratings for 8/2 - 4.9%

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my... everything I type dissapear due to maintanence time... <_<

The past Sunday episode is really cute! I am really impressed with HKM ability to play many instruments! I think he is a good addition to Oppa Band! Its cute to see TJH nervous/intimidated but he still pwned with his harmonica! I really like the song he did for the band at the showcase and how each of them display their talent when they name was sung... Go TJH! I don't think he wrote the lyric, it was very spontaneous... cute!

Did Kim Gura left midway for another schedule? As much as I tried I am still not used to see Korean varieties with overlapping schedules... And the stand in manager with his hair shave with Oppa Band character... :lol:

SIY is really pretty in this with long hair and her flowy dress... very Pocahontas pretty... but girl shouldn't be wearing boots in sand... but still a sweetheart... love to see her interaction with TJH, coz seems she is the only one that can restrain TJH when he is up to mischief :P

I wish they print prettier leaflets...its like a put together leaflet without phoshop to enchance the pixs. The guerilla promotion is really cute and funny with them divided into Bikini Team, Ahjumma/Ahjusshi Team and what team were Jungmo/Sungmin/HKM? I think they were the males team? So adorkable...

So happy for the response at the beach showcase despite the unpredictable weather... Hope the rating continues to go up and Oppa Band hwaiting!

Guest banana_milk

AHHH! I love Oppa Band! I'm so happy I found the thread! I really think this show is a refreshing addition to the very much dead Il Bam. It was much better than that other show with the soap bubbles and stuff. And it's great to discover new faces like JUNGMO! I, like many others, have totally fallen in love with him.

I finally finished watching all of the episodes, and I'm really glad to see Hong Kyung Min in the band, although I wonder what Tak Jae Hoon will be doing...it was fine with this recent show, but in the upcoming episodes, he's not going to be singing all the time, since Suh Inyoung is the main vocal. Also, I kind of wish they would stop doing covers... maybe they can make an episode out of them composing their own songs or something.

http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj286/s...09072900079.jpg

http://sj-market.com/bbs/zboard.php?id=dat...sc&no=13349

not sure how to put up pics yet and my connection's fail right now so i just posted a link, sorry sorry. credit: sj-market. they say the pics come with an interview but i can't understand korean so... there's an extremely long article in sj-market about this. hope someone can post the pics and a translation/summary of the interview.:)

darn can't seem to edit my previous post, maybe cause my connection's slow right now.

lol i just watched the whole episode. i found out that the stop song then continue suddenly was planned by tjh lol, that was a good idea though. even the fans were surprised. what does idong tak mean?? haha, i found it funny how he lost his drumming position and was first trying to get dong yup nim to lose his base position.. and then was trying to take away YYS's position.

also, i love how SIY and TJH seem so close... they even link arms a lot. although i know there's nothing there, i had a thought like 'won't TJH's wife get mad?'... cause it seems Korean entertainers joke a lot about married men and women being easily jealous, they do it to Kang Ho Dong nim a lot and Park Myung Su even pretends to get mad when National MC Yoo talks of his wife. but it seems like TJH treats her very well, sort of like a kid sister. I found SIY adorable when she was asking if TJH wanted to see girls in bikini. And I agree, the boho look on SIY is really pretty. nice dress. that substitute manager is weirdly supportive haha. love oppa band and it's growing popularity! fighting!

Guest vincci

Thank for many download link.

I started watch this show because of Sungmin so I didnt know the other person.

But when I already watched I fall in love all of them.

They are so fun made me laugh although I didnt know what are they saying about.

I will always support this show and Sungmin HiHiHi.

Guest Rxgoodleaf

Watched first 3 episodes for Oppa Band...

Discovered 김정모 (Kim Jung Mo)!

I am like where did he come from?! LOL

Love Sung Min, too!

Another cute episode to spazz!

They were at Namsan (?) that was sweet... taking in audience request...

And where were they later... I think they were at an outdoor tablee/space (what is this called, its found in a lot of Korean houses I realize coz its always in dramas and variety) outside MBC and TJH lying there so cute... Jungmo have a hole in his sock... so cute! And eating take-out! And the sound of slurping jajangmyun competing with the guitar playing :lol:

And TJH hiding his harmonica behind the watermelon :P ... Its so cute to see Sungmin laughing so much coz of TJH mischief... oh the funny substitute manager is back... I have a feeling he might be a permanent now... and will be appearing on screen more...

It is me or it was quite competitive when they were choosing(?) vocal in the practice room... but TJH reallly suits the song that they were all trying to sing... I think they were all trying to add their own flavour and SDY funny dance and Sungmin lying on the floor and sing... They really work very hard!

From the preview it seems their showcase next week is getting judged... it looks tough... Oppa Band Hwaiting!!!

Were they discussing about TVXQ?

Guest damifino

^ The Showcase was performed in front of reporters so it was more them writing about the show for various news outlets, not giving them 'scores' per se.

The ratings for "Oppa Band" went up slightly from last week (4.9%) to 5.2%.

Guest banana_milk

Was it just me, or was Oppa Band not as good this week? I found myself relating to Kim Gura when they were making their Reporter Song...It was funny at first, and then it got kind of lame. They were really into it though, so I didn't mind that much.

Thank you for the pictures of the behind the scenes! They're really funny, esp the captions :D

I'm glad to see the ratings go up! I know that the show's a regular now, but I can't help but feel a little bit anxious at times, because these shows seem to come and go so quickly. I hope they do well at the Showcase! From the previews, it looks as if the reporters aren't as friendly as they'd hoped.

Guest damifino

^ The thing is, in order for them to actually improve they need to do a lot of practice, but then again, who wants to spend an entire hour of just seeing others practice their instruments so they can't really show too much of the practice. The same goes for their song writing. It was fun in the previous episode when they spent a few minutes randomly coming up with lyrics to an introduction song, but who wants to see 30+ minutes of that? Anyways, hopefully, now that they seem to be somewhat of a permanent fixture on Sunday nights, they know how to manage the airtime better.

Guest damifino

http://sj-market.com/bbs/zboard.php?id=dat...sc&no=13555

This coming Sunday, there is going to be an "Oppa Band" Special on Sunday Sunday Night. Basically what this means is that instead of just airing for an hour as Part 1, the show will air on both Part 1 and Part 2 for 2 hours and 35 minutes. One part will be how "Oppa Band" came about and the background behind it. The other part will be a new episode of the Showcase. The purpose of this is to gather viewer interest for those who missed the genesis of the show.

Archived