[variety] Oppa Band (오빠밴드)

No more SIY? :mellow:

Well guess its really a real Oppa band(age wise... and except for the 2 babies, verified ahjussis) now... Not too familar with Hong Kyung Min, but I vaguely think he is who I think he is... what am I blabbering about...

Anyway hope they will have guest vocal sometimes... Oppa Band hwaiting!!!

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest damifino

...hong kyung min?

i like him but i thought they would try to get someone younger for the spot...

the lead vocalist is usually younger and he looks TOO much like an ahjushi...and he sounds old when he sings too...

maybe i'm biased because i like SIY but I still don't think this will help with ratings AT ALL using an old man as the lead vocalist instead of someone younger (not really young but in their late twenties, early thirties)

oh well... :/

I wouldn't say I am particularly a fan of HKM, but the thing that's interesting about him is that he can do really good impersonations of other singers so he doesn't have to always sound like himself AND he's a good singer to boot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5MUtep88Uk

And also apparently, he not only knows how to play the drums, piano, guitar, and bass, but also the saxophone!

Of course, variety show is another matter... I have yet to see HKM be "entertaining" aside from the impersonations that he did on Xman :/

But as laydeebutterfly says, having idols on the show doesn't really increase the ratings (just look at the current ratings for this show and the fact that 2 of SNSD's shows got canceled) since most of the folks who watch TV shows (especially on a Sunday night) are older folks.

i don't really know who he is. i'll go research...

that made me a bit sad, i don't get to see SIY anymore. does she have other shows? i didn't think she was awkward, i just thought they were all very laid back together.. anyways, it's oppa band so i'll still give the new vocalist a chance. he seems like a very talented musician. i hope he's funny.

porcelain baby: are you thai?

ooh... I saw some BTS picture the same batch as above or some around the same time and I spy a girl with long hair, I suspect she is SIY with a wig coz the pix I saw was taken from afar (correct me if I am wrong)... I guess is that they may have rotating vocalist but SIY will always be their primary vocalist...

That pix... Jungmo biting his pick!!! So sexy... He is making me spazz incoherrently these days... <_< I luv u bb!

I dunno but personally I think its comforting that I still see Oppa Band pictures with SIY, especially an episode that is not aired... means we will still see her :)

Yes I was right...Hong Kyung Min is who I thought he was... Thanks for the link Damifino... oh he was hilarious at times in Xman...

@biancapot: I am not Thai :)

But close enough I am Asian Chinese. PM me if you are still curious! :P

Guest damifino

http://www.newsway.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=65657

So now MBC is saying that SIY is NOT leaving. That they just added HKM as a permanent member to sing the male leads that SIY couldn't and to play some of the instruments. So now the show will have 8 regular members. I suspect SIY will come and go as she has in the past, depending on her schedule.

http://www.newsway.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=65657

So now MBC is saying that SIY is NOT leaving. That they just added HKM as a permanent member to sing the male leads that SIY couldn't and to play some of the instruments. So now the show will have 8 regular members. I suspect SIY will come and go as she has in the past, depending on her schedule.

well SIY does improve their rating at some point~ SIY cant read musical sheets right? SIY still feels like a guest to me~ and the others already bonded~

and can someone explain why jungmo cried? i mean what the elders said in the hidden camera that made him teared up~

Guest damifino

Well, I don't know about "improving the ratings," but she is definitely an asset to the show IMO.

As for why Jungmo cried, it's the usual thing after something big happens... release of stress. He was so shocked that folks were yelling and that he was told to quit the show that when he found out that it was a hidden camera, he was relieved and I'm sure, a bit upset that they did the hidden camera.

Guest damifino

MBC posted that there will be a time change for the show on August 2.

Instead of airing in the usual 6:20pm as part of MBC Sunday Sunday Night part 2, "Oppa Band" will air BY ITSELF as MBC Sunday Sunday Night part 1 at 5:20pm. No word yet if this will be permanent or just this coming week.

MBC posted that there will be a time change for the show on August 2.

Instead of airing in the usual 6:20pm as part of MBC Sunday Sunday Night part 2, "Oppa Band" will air BY ITSELF as MBC Sunday Sunday Night part 1 at 5:20pm. No word yet if this will be permanent or just this coming week.

so what does that mean? they are going to have single ratings? i mean apart from the time difference~

Guest damifino

^ What do you mean by "single ratings"? Part 1 and Part 2 have separate ratings. If you mean a rating for the show will be by itself rather than a rating for the show along with another show like it was in the past, first together with WGM and last week together with Body Body Body, then yes. The ratings for next week will be a rating for JUST "Oppa Band." Of course, since there was a time change, it can't really be seen as an accurate account of the ratings. We'd have to see how it does for the following weeks when folks realize that there was a time change IF it continues to be on Part 1 by itself.

Guest damifino

^ Networks routinely change the lineup to test out if a show can stand on its own so that's probably what they are doing. Besides, "Body Body Body" probably needs more help in the ratings from WGM than "Oppa Band."

v Of course, ask away :)

i love this thread. i don't know why, but after a long day I just can't help but come here. it's not just talking about oppa band... i feel at home talking with the people in this thread.. and while i wish it would become even more active, i also like how it doesn't move too fast. so i don't feel lost at all. i love you guys, i feel comfortable posting here cause the people reading are calm and really fun and really really really nice. i love hate-free threads..:)))

to make this more oppa band related: glad SIY isn't leaving. i'd miss her to bits. oh really? she can't read

music sheets? SIY seems to hve changed a lot from her early days, in terms of style i mean. but i saw some of her predebut pics and i thought she looked angelic. i think she's really great. plus i love how she livens performances with her dancing and all around quirkiness.

@ Damifino: can I PM you to ask something? it's not oppa band related but is kpop related.:)

Guest stellar.remnants

This show has been getting better and better! :)

SIY really surprised me with her vocals on the show. I knew she was good but didn't know she was really great.

i will edit later since i've just watched the showcase part.:)

i was lol-ing at tak jaehoon's sudden re-singing. i love how everyone was attentive. they looked a bit surprised but still played the rest of the song well. i must say, i like their concept this week. the pictures were lovely, i like the pic of SIY looking upwards, she looks pretty.:) and i'm liking HKM. He's really talented. and maybe it's me but i didn't really think he looked too ajusshi. i found him cute haha, dunno. i hope they release the whole showcase 'cause they sang a lot more than was shown. i want to see HKM playing other intruments. thanks everyone! oppa band fighting!

Archived