[variety] Oppa Band (오빠밴드)

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^

OMG thank you~ will update the first post

Tak Jae Hoon is a singer so of course his vocals should be good :) Many people are so used to seeing him variety shows and the movies so they don't realize that he's a singer, but he is.

yeah but in IMC,he can almost not sing~ well not that he cant sing but maybe coz shin jung hwan is better than him LOL~

Hmm, it says that he was excited and nervous at the same time since this was the first time in his life that he's been to an MT and that it was tiring because they did the chicken fight as soon as they arrived and the older guys are taking advantage because he's the youngest since Sungmin isn't there due to his foreign schedule... but didn't "Band of Brothers" also go on a MT to prepare for their concert? I wonder if Jungmo even wrote that or the show did :unsure:

that is wierd~ maybe bcoz BOB's MT is more like a rehearsals than an MT? and yeah,he was used pretty bad by the older hyungs~ haha~

Guest Nakuru

I just finished watching episode 3. The game where they were trying to knock each other down was hilarious :lol:

Just a suggestion to laydeebutterfly, it might be more clear to use "episode" rather than "track" in the first post. I was a little confused with the labelling some YouTubers were using to label this show until I started actually watching it and found out that each episode is divided into two "tracks". So if you wanted to be really specific it'd be 'Episode 1 (Track 1 & 2), Episode 2 (Track 3 & 4), Episode 3 (Track 5 & 6)', etc.

^

ming is such a camwhore~ LOL~ so cute~ i havent watch the show yet but i have watched tiffs cut~ were they dissapointed with the version they did?

i dont get it though~ do they really have to perform everytime? they alwys do things unplanned or with very little practice~

Guest Nakuru

SJSubs has come out with the next part:

Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWrDSTN18X0

//////////

Not really feeling the Gee performance from episode 4. The vocals were fine, though I thought Sungmin should've been louder. For a song like Gee and the fact that this was supposed to be like a rock version, I was expecting a faster pace. The performance overall was lacking energy and enthusiasm, and was lackluster especially when compared to the first band that performed before them. They probably could've done better had they practiced more, but considering they're a makeshift band where the vocalist position is temporary and changes frequently, they're not going to be practising much with one vocalist before moving on :unsure:

Was watching on streaming via that imkorean.net link cute girl posted on the first page, but the video and audio became un-synched in the second half of the episode -_-

Edit: YouTube links for episode 4

Part 1|Part 2|Part 3|Part 4|Part 5|Part 6

Edit 2

So I just finished watching the second half of episode 4 where they're getting lessons on how to be hardcore rockers lol.

Shin Dong Yup was so hesitant to do the stage drive into the crowd and then they made him do it again because his first attempt was weak :lol:

The pained expression on Jungmo's face when/after his guitar was thrown on the ground --> :ph34r::crazy: :excl: :excl: :excl: :tears:

It seems like Seo In Young will be back in the next episode.

^

thanx for the link

haha~ this week is fun~ the logo song~ they all ganging up on tak jae hoon was so cute~ haha~ and how he improved at the next hour~ that must've been a huge blow to him~ tak jae hoon,KO JOO!~ LOL

comments on rock Gee : i was dissapointed~ T__T i was soo looking forward to that~ sungmin should be louder or his mic wasnt loud enuff,and tak jae hoon was somehow made the beat slower at the end~ either that or the producer itself did it,but i dont think so~ T___T

but just why are they all in grey on their back? i think i heard they wanted to do it again? did they do it again?

and omg at tak jae hoons ride <3 so cool~ and i love how sungmin and jungmo arrived together~ hehe...and sungmin ws so happy when that rocker guy(sorry i dont know his name) said his singing was OK~ LOL <3 so cuteeee~ the guy keep calling him SUPER SUPER~

i think the best would be jungmo's scene~ ROFL~ from the way he laughed when the mic smells and when he sings~ROFLLLL~~ he is told to not sing~ haha~ but he can sing,in BOB showcase he harmonize too~ and when the mic stand FLEW,OMG its hilarious~ and when that guitar was thrown~ OMG~ i seriusly wanted to hug him~ T__T poor baby~ he was shocked~ he was so so excited when he saw the veteran guitarist and was really really honored that he used his guitar... :ph34r:

SIY back next week and tak jae hoon missing??

Guest damifino

yeah but in IMC,he can almost not sing~ well not that he cant sing but maybe coz shin jung hwan is better than him LOL~

I only saw IMC a couple of times so I dont' know what they did on that show, but when Country Kko Kko used to be active, as I recall, Shin Jung Hwan mostly did the raps and the chorus. Tak Jae Hoon was the lead singer and sang 95% of the time in most of their songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSiuMQoW3lU

I just saw this week's episode and honestly, not all songs can be turned into successful "rock" songs and this was a prime example. The song version was bad enough, but what was up with that performance?!?! :blink: The band was sluggish and Tiffany and Sungmin were both off key. Instead of having them perform every week at one event or another, they should have the band spend more time practicing for these performances.

As for the second part of the show with them meeting Baekdoosan members... I can understand why Sungmin wouldn't know the lead singer of Baekdoosan seeing as they are a rock group from the 80s and Sungmin doesn't seem that particularly into rock, but I can't believe Jungmo didn't know who he was (other than a trot singer)... especially since Heechul (who is a huge Baekdoosan fan) did an imitation of the lead singer's trademark phrase several times on Band of Brothers. Or was Jungmo just pretending not to know for the purposes of the show? Regardless, the stage diving was fun to see as well as the lessons on how to be a rock star :)

I'm glad Seo In Young is back next week and we get to see Kim Gun Mo to boot! :D

The ratings for this week

AGB - 5.7%

Slowly, but surely, the ratings seem to be increasing.

I only saw IMC a couple of times so I dont' know what they did on that show, but when Country Kko Kko used to be active, as I recall, Shin Jung Hwan mostly did the raps and the chorus. Tak Jae Hoon was the lead singer and sang 95% of the time in most of their songs.

maybe for the purpose of the show? but i remembered one episode when SJH was late,even the producers were worried~ haha~ they called SJH their ace~

I just saw this week's episode and honestly, not all songs can be turned into successful "rock" songs and this was a prime example. The song version was bad enough, but what was up with that performance?!?! :blink: The band was sluggish and Tiffany and Sungmin were both off key. Instead of having them perform every week at one event or another, they should have the band spend more time practicing for these performances.

actually i love gee rock version~ theres so many~ and it actually sounds good~

pfft,i cant find my fav rock gee version~ owh well but the thing is,it DOES work in this song~ whats wrong is,although it is supposed to be "rock",both sungmin and tiffany sang it like the normal pop gee~ T__T and the drum T___T EPIC FAIL~

As for the second part of the show with them meeting Baekdoosan members... I can understand why Sungmin wouldn't know the lead singer of Baekdoosan seeing as they are a rock group from the 80s and Sungmin doesn't seem that particularly into rock, but I can't believe Jungmo didn't know who he was (other than a trot singer)... especially since Heechul (who is a huge Baekdoosan fan) did an imitation of the lead singer's trademark phrase several times on Band of Brothers. Or was Jungmo just pretending not to know for the purposes of the show? Regardless, the stage diving was fun to see as well as the lessons on how to be a rock star :)

actually that is how i recognized the name of baekdosan~ i totally remembered in BOB they actually considered doing the song of the group~ n i was like,jungmo must know the guy~ i dunno why jungmo is treating the show like it is all his first time~ haha~ i am glad he get along ith the hyungs well though~

Guest Nakuru

and when the mic stand FLEW,OMG its hilarious~ and when that guitar was thrown~ OMG~ i seriusly wanted to hug him~ T__T poor baby~ he was shocked~ he was so so excited when he saw the veteran guitarist and was really really honored that he used his guitar... :ph34r:

SIY back next week and tak jae hoon missing??

LOL the mic stand flying was hilarious and I find it amazing that Tak Jae Hoon managed to catch that thing :lol: And then the screen message "Rock Could Die"~ lol

Jungmo was really feeling it for his guitar. Not just thrown down once but twice --> cry.gifcry.gifcry.gif

(Someone in the TRAX thread mentioned that he used that guitar during his debut fear.gif...)

I can see Tak Jae Hoon in the preview (unless you mean nearing the end?) but not Yoo Young Suk?

Guest graciepooh915

Poor Jungmo!!! So funny, I thought he was going to breakdown and cry when he saw his guitar on the floor. LOL

This show is pretty funny. I hope more people will watch.

Jungmo was really feeling it for his guitar. Not just thrown down once but twice --> cry.gifcry.gifcry.gif

(Someone in the TRAX thread mentioned that he used that guitar during his debut fear.gif...)

and the saddest thing is he cant say ANYTHING about it~ he could just flinch and so on~ he didnt even say a word bcoz that guy is like a legend and of course a sunbae~ i am glad the hyungs was somehow conveying the message to the guy that the guitar is precious to jungmo~ and even YYS jumped when the guitar was flipped~ T__T i would totally cry if something like that happens~ i wonder if he would EVER give anyone to use that guitar again~ huhu

I can see Tak Jae Hoon in the preview (unless you mean nearing the end?) but not Yoo Young Suk?

yes i am referring to the last part,nearing the end~ there was a commotion and everyone was nervous and mad at someone? i dunno who and why~ but i think YYS is not there~ i think they had help from kim jungmo's band or soemthing? and ppl were complaining to TJH~ maybe thats y he is missing at the end?

Guest damifino

yes i am referring to the last part,nearing the end~ there was a commotion and everyone was nervous and mad at someone? i dunno who and why~ but i think YYS is not there~ i think they had help from kim jungmo's band or soemthing? and ppl were complaining to TJH~ maybe thats y he is missing at the end?

Apparently, YYS was missing from the episode due to having 4 broken ribs (that's why he was having such a hard time moving on Radio Star and Jungmo was helping him sit down). He fell in the beginning of July and was in the hospital for about a week, and although he won't be fully healed until 8 weeks later, he has been able to perform on shows and do his album promotions after he got out of the hospital. The show got Kim Gun Mo to be the interim leader for a week and the Oppa Band was given an opportunity to perform at Kim Gun Mo's concert (during the intermission). They sang 2 songs "해변으로 가요" and "어쩌다 마주친 그대" which they sang at the family concert, I think.

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=200907161910481001

Archived