[variety] Oppa Band (오빠밴드)

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Nakuru

YouTube links for episode 5:

Part 1|Part 2|Part 3|Part 4|Part 5

(Uploaded by: randomRinnie)

No pictures from the official website today but instead they have a diary/message thing. This one is from Sungmin I believe:

Subject Title: ※성민의 일기: 부산에 간 오빠밴드!

t748937_obsm.jpg

Guest mintiful

they did a great job in today's performance. :D

got the crowd hype. seems like seoinyoung is going to continue being the lead singer.

and was takjaehoon fake playing the guitar? lol. i love the little dance he and siy did in the middle. lol.

and next week's episode. are they doing a prank or something? O.O

jungmo looks like he's in tears.

i love sungmin's pink guitar. <3

Guest becky

^They decided to pull the jack out of Sungmin's guitar so that when Tak Jae Hoon plays, the audience won't be able to hear. :P And netizens wrote in replies on Korean sites that it's probably a hidden camera thing to play a prank on the little ones~

I can't remember whether I've posted in this thread before or not, but I love this show! I can't wait for next week's episode.

Guest damifino

^ It was more because the chord wouldn't reach and they said it wouldn't make any difference anyway whether TJH played or not since he wasn't all that good anyway (and in fact, it might be better) :lol:

Honestly, I hope it's not either a "prank" or "hidden camera." I'm sick of those. Why do they always have to set up fake fights?

Anyways, the only released ratings for this week's episode was 5.2% (AGB) so we can't really compare it to the other ratings which were from TNS, but the show continues to get good reviews and good viewer feedback on the show's message board so that's a good sign.

Yay! A thread for Oppa Band.... Thanks for starting one... Have an avenue to spazz about this cute show!!!

Seriously actually thought I watched Ep 1 and drop it off, but find myself continuing week after week coz its really getting interesting and its really cute of all kinds seeing them jamming!

First off the past Sunday episode... Is it me, but I feel particularly bad seeing YYS in hospital... sometimes these "true broadcast" can be sort of unkind. Get well soon ahjussi!!!

But I am actually glad that SIY return as vocalist coz the previous episode was a bit lacklustre given how much everyone was anticipating the rock version of Gee...

Meanwhile I was just thinking, could it be that this is Jungmo's "first" show on his own, thus many things it seems its his first time or perhaps the script dictated so, when we knew it is not as we had watched Oppa Band... Jungmo hwaiting!!! And I decided.... He is an instruments god... coz he can play everything... I need him as my teacher so I won't be so musically instruments un-incline! :lol:

The lunch part in the restaurant is really funny with TJH making references to The Professional/Leon and did he called SIY Matilda!!! Its funny the 2 boys are playing the guitars so seriously and TJH was doing all kinda gag acts and I really like SIY of JYP's "I have a woman"... I love how Jungmo can play everything on his guitar... TJH is unstoppable that me and my girlfriend refers to him as the naughty ahjussi and SDY as EHB ahjussi...(EHB ooh memories!)

The seafood market... seriously singing and dancing to seafood!? :lol:

And the posters Kim Gura printed are so off!!! :lol: Its either its a really old image (SIY) or really unflattering one (TJH eating ramyun!)

Oh this episode... so glad to see Kim Gum Mo but was he making fun of YYS playing the keyboard... So naughty... and who was the guy that came in with him during the concert rehearsal... he seems like a respected musician/producer... And KGM idea of those shoulder movement and head bopping is so funny....

And why was TJH late for the concert and I think they missed out time for rehearsal and it was something about his hair... so funny...

Love the performance and even TJH little harmonica victory tune after the audience give the "O" signs! The audiences are so cool!!! Really like how SIY knows how to work the crowd and her little dance with naughty ahjussi and all the band members have so much fun and showing their personal charms and I like their beach concept as well... flowery shirts and straw hats... bundles of cute!!!

Oh no... again and again?! Hidden camera/prank for next week? The preview make Jungmo look so sad and Ming too... hugs bb! Oppa Band hwaiting!!!

first post and it's for oppa band!

ohh i love this show. my Korean's just ehh, i know just a little but i don't even need to understand what they're saying to enjoy oppa band.:)) all of them are so funny, even the ajusshis are adorkables. still love the subs and subbers though! thanks! and i think sungmin mentioned oppa band in SSII.:)

i think seo in young should really stay as vocals, man she's good at these songs. ^ i also loved her version of JYP's I Have a Woman. and i actually find her personality adorable even though others think she's scary (loved her in WGM). sungmin is so funny when he tries to give a rock-bad boy vibe, how come i still see it as aegyo?! and jungmo is awesome, major fan. i lol at his many expressions, he seems to be easily surprised haha. love their nicknames, chick and prodigy. the ajusshis are great too! shin dong yup and his daughter= LOVE especially at the appa himneseyo part. i remember that she was still a baby back in EHB. kim gura seems to be working hard here. tak jae hoon is hilarious, how everyone bullies him is also funny. yoo young suk is just WOW. love it when him and jungmo start playing by ear. and it's funny how gunmo immitates him perfectly.

in the last episode, i was surprised to see a serious kim gunmo. he really helped the band out. remember his funny side in Becoming Good Daddies. and yeah, i wanna know who's the producer-nim that was bullying drum tak?

i just wanted to ask, uhm if you watch the show/channel online when it's broadcasted would that count in the ratings? sorry if it's a weird question. i watch it using tvants. i hope that this show won't be cancelled. i think it's a very good idea to have them tour cause the people who see them perform would probably watch the show in the future and spread good things about them. the audience in kim gunmo's concert gave an amazing reaction, they were so so so happy.

i'm new at this so sorry if i'm unintentionally doing something against the rules or something. please forgive me, promise to get better.:))

Guest damifino

And why was TJH late for the concert and I think they missed out time for rehearsal and it was something about his hair... so funny...

They already had rehearsals that morning and had a couple of hours to kill before the concert so TJH went to rehearse alone because he felt anxious after all the criticism he received about his playing. After that he went to a sauna and was on his way back, but got caught in bad traffic. He was saying that his hair was still wet because he didn't have time to dry it.

I think seo in young should really stay as vocals, man she's good at these songs. ^ i also loved her version of JYP's I Have a Woman. and i actually find her personality adorable even though others think she's scary (loved her in WGM).

and yeah, i wanna know who's the producer-nim that was bullying drum tak?

i just wanted to ask, uhm if you watch the show/channel online when it's broadcasted would that count in the ratings? sorry if it's a weird question. i watch it using tvants. i hope that this show won't be cancelled.

Yes, I agree. I think that SIY is one of the VERY few decent female singers in Korea (even if some of her keys were off pitch :P)

That was Kim Gunmo's music producer. He's responsible for seeing the potential in Kim Gunmo and training him in music. Together they had many many hits and Kim Gunmo actually holds the record for the single most sold album in Korean music history. Kim Gunmo ended his contract with him after a few albums because he felt the producer was too controlling over his personal life, but after about 10 years, they are back working together.

I don't think online broadcasts count, unfortunately.

Is their rating up to 17.4%???

from this news

http://www.asiae.co.kr/news/view.htm?idxno...86222&nvr=y

No, not for the whole show, just the momentary rating near the end of the show went up to 17.4%... after their performance, when they were giving their individual comments, apparently the ratings spiked up. I suspect it was just overlap with people tuning into the drama that airs after "Oppa Band" :ph34r:

^ thanks damifino for that info. actually i've read a lot of your replies on other threads, just wanna say i really appreciate them. you deserve your own thread for all that kpop knowledge.:) hehe.

oh and can someone tell me what sungmin and tiffany were talking about when they were practicing gee and jungmo told them to stop getting close? i found that to be a really cute scene, and sungmin showed his sweet-in-front-of-a-girl side. thanks.:))

EDIT: just read from SJ SSII thread. according to a fan account by nini_teeh, OPPA BAND PERFORMED AT THE BEGINNING OF SUPER SHOW II (SUNDAY)! Wow. would have been great if there were fancams, but i'm sure we'll see the footage in the show.

@biancapot...

zomg! they performed at SSII?!?! I hope it shows up in the upcoming episodes of oppa band!!!

Ah, like you I think the guys are all really adorkable... and I feel a lot of attachement for all the ahjussis + dongseng, (coz the 2 babies are younger than me).

Ming and Jungmo just because... Its Suju +Trax(whom pretty much pwn my life)... Jungmo is all kinda cute in BOB. Ming our aegyo king...

SDY from Change with his lil girl and his "appa himenseyo" is really sweet at the showcase... and of coz epic EHB ftw!

Kim Gura from Intimate Note... TJH I remember he is really funny in reality show like the old Yashimanman when he was guest... Just not too familar w Yoo Young Suk, but he seems really witty with Kyuhyun in his showcase and when they perform at Sketchbook...

I was pleasantly suprise to see Kim Gum Mo in last week episode... all the Good Daddies memories... he was such an adorable dad!

Looking fwd to the upcoming episode...

Ya I also want to know what was Jungmo screaming about at Ming & Fany?

And there was some part were they bullying Jungmo coz he was young at the MT like he had to clear the ramyun bowls and stuff?

And the focus on his abundance of leg hair in the bath/sauna pool had me :lol:

v

Thanks for the good news! Yay! I hope they show it too, since Ming and Jugmo are at the concert which is 2/6(not including vocalist) of the band...

Guest mintiful

^

^ i think they are going to show it cause i read that there was mbc cameras and everything.

i hope they show some extra footage of the concert too. :D

^

i was standing on that day and ZOMG..SIY is just soo beautiful in real life..they performed sorry sorry and jewelry superstar without ming..so i would assume that they would include some snippets of the SS2,to include ming in the episode..i need to catch up..havent got time to watch oppa band bcoz of the concert..owh well i got to see them live..haha..

they were all GOOOD..TJH even played harmonica.. :P YYS even sang a little bit of shining star, a song he wrote for suju..it was GREAT..they wanted us to chant and stuff..i cant wait to see that on the episode..

Guest damifino

^ It's the next episode. During last night's Radio Star they showed a preview of next week's Oppa Band episode and they showed a clip of the SuJu concert saying "Performing in front of an audience of 10,000 without Sungmin?..." so it seems the whole argument between them (with Sungmin saying that maybe he should withdraw from performing with the band) seems to be about performing at the SuJu concert.

@damifino: really? sungmin wa the one who said he shouldn't play with them? why? haha, it would have been perfect if he performed, he seems to really love oppa band.

@aydeebutterfly: zomg x100! you are so lucky! i am soooo envious right now. no fancams or pictures? i wanna see SIY too, she's adorable. I wanna hear oppa band too. and they probably were all high, i mean performing in front of 10000 peope is just awesome for a new band. i know they've probably done stuff like that before but as oppa band of coure t would be different. i remember how excited they were when they saw the venue for kim gunmo's concert. lol they must have been so excited. and i bet you guys were so surprised and happy.

I really love them. wish I could hear them live haha. but i don't think they'd go international sometime soon.:o

i hope this thread grows and stay alive for a long time. oppa band fighting!

EDIT: just wanted to ask, was heechul alone in his table when he went to oppa band's showcase? it was a round table and being alone on tv s a bit... haha. ah sorry, don't know if i can ask this quetion but it is still about things that happened in the show...

:tears: There was an argument as in argument argument not a play fight? I hope it was one of those argument for the better of things or perhaps for a hidden camera segment...

Just don't like to see all the angst and tears... Or one of those instance which they just seems to talk louder but it was not a big deal, but then, Jungmo looks teary don't think it seems minor... Sunday come faster!!!

Could Ming probably felt conflicted with his dual role as a member of Super Junior and a member of Oppa Band? But it should not be a conflict/contradiction it should be a compliment... Anyway can't wait to see next episode and I love Jewelry's Superstar... and naughty ahjussi playing harmonica? That is a must see! :lol:

@laydeebutterfly: U r so lucky! (You must be really happy to see Youngwoon, I know that you are a Youngwoon die-hard supporter like me coz I saw your clips in YT before :lol: Please tell me he look a zillion time more gorgeous,which I am sure he is and I am saving up to see him in concert next year)

@biancapot: Yeah... I like SIY too, she can be a lil scary/witchy sometimes in WGM but her personality is really witty and daring and she always seems to light up variety shows when she is on with her wit...

Having a srike again? Ah... hope that will not affect the program...

And ooh... part 2 of Oppa Band on Radio Star...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FumYUVe0BvQ...re=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaZeXZqWUJ0...re=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyuCILGR4Kk...re=channel_page

Guest damifino

EDIT: just wanted to ask, was heechul alone in his table when he went to oppa band's showcase? it was a round table and being alone on tv s a bit... haha. ah sorry, don't know if i can ask this quetion but it is still about things that happened in the show..

I think each member of the band got a table for their family and friends. Unfortunately, Jungmo's family couldn't be there and according to the show, Heechul secretly surprise appearance (as in Jungmo didn't know he was going to be there, I guess). It looked like Heechul and his manager were the only ones at Jungmo's table.

Archived