[variety] Oppa Band (오빠밴드)

@ Damifino;

Sorry can I just ask something... I thought Introducing Star Friend Survivor (on Saturday) was cancelled and proposed for WGM and Oppa Band (both Sunday line ups) to migrate to Saturday? I thought there were new program debuting on Sunday...

I forgot the source, but I read somewhere... maybe I was mistaken or my understanding is wrong...

Sorry if this is non Oppa Band related but I am just confused about the recent programs and timeslot changes...

But wow a special will be good... especially doing a background thing... I hope that includes a lot of NGs and interviews :P

Edit;

Thanks for the clarification! Its great that MBC have a lot of faith in the show and pushing it in all way possible... Its just that its quite scary going againts other main staple like - SBS Family Outing and KBS 1N2D... Anyway all the best to Oppa Band and I hope it will be able to hold its own and ratings will go up.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest damifino

^ Only WGM is moving to Saturday. "Oppa Band" is supposed to be MBC's new lead show on MBC Sunday Sunday Night, which is why they are pushing the show a lot these days... the showcase for the press, the special, etc. Even though the ratings are very low, MBC has a lot of faith in the show.

i love how they include heenim's picture in it <3 and whats with the picture of sungmin and jungmo?? ROFL

sunday_oppaband309081620202754INLOV.jpg

and seriously,the second part wasnt necessary~ they are just introducing and like a summary of the episodes~ including comments from other bands??

and i seriously wonder what the reporters ask them and their comments~ especially the older one~

Guest kim421

^ i think someone mentioned before that the second part was just to gain more interest from the viewers - esp those who have never seen the show before because it's in a new timeslot - so just trying to get more viewers by giving them a quick summary to get them to continue watching

thanks for the download links and photos!

------------------------

youtube streaming of oppa band with an appearance of Heechul and eunhyuk!!! - i think the part with eunhyuk is from their japan fanmeeting?

[090816] 0ppa Band Ep9 Part1 of 2 (part 2 just showed a summary and highlights of the previous episodes)

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1BkcVlB_Po

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf9WnEJ5DUk

Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXK-MLE1za4

Part 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uw2yNnJa5w

Part 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwygl9Gr-mI

Part 6: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMy3qYWqmd8

all video credits go to randomRinnie@youtube for the upload!

Guest damifino

i love how they include heenim's picture in it <3 and whats with the picture of sungmin and jungmo?? ROFL

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg20/et...202754INLOV.jpg[/img

That was the picture that was included in an interview with Sungmin and Jungmo in which they were asked to name their ideal band members for the SungMo Band... in which they included Heechul on drums, Goo Hye Sun on Bass, Lee Seung Gi on keyboards, etc. The Oppa Band members were acting as if they were upset by it to tease Sungmin and Jungmo.

Heechul was in the MBC building due to filming his guest stint for the sitcom "TaeHyeJi" which filmed on the same day which they mentioned in the description. On "Oppa Band" when they showed Heechul, they wrote on screen that Heechul was like a family member of the show :)

Guest Caroline :)

i think it's so sweet how heechul shows so much support for oppa band (esp for jung mo and sung min). you can see in his eyes how much he wants the show to succeed

i thought today was a good mature episode. it made the members a little more humble and come into realization that they still have a long way to go before they become a real band.

is it just me or is anyone else really annoyed by the leader young seok?

he has too much pride and ego that he ignores a lot of advice from other musicians (kim gun mo)

- i'm super interested in the story that young seok took kim gun mo's woman away

i thought it was ridiculous how shin dong yup raised his bass sound though....which proved what the reporters criticized.

however, i really like this show. it's really realistic and chill. hong kyung min has a really really nice voice <3

I was kind of against him at first (i thought he was replacing seo in young) but now i think he's a very good addition to the band

<3 <3 i love this show and hopefully it will get more recognition and higher ratings <3

Guest damifino

I don't know, something was off in this show. The members didn't click well and everything seemed sort of forced. Maybe it was because they were nervous due to the press conference. Hopefully they will get back to normal next week.

Guest mintiful

rofl. at sungmo band. the other members are sad that they werent included in it.

does anyone know what the critics/judge said about the performances. cause they looked a little sad.

and what is the last song about? they included a lot of celebrities name. rofl.

rating is only 5%. D:

That was the picture that was included in an interview with Sungmin and Jungmo in which they were asked to name their ideal band members for the SungMo Band... in which they included Heechul on drums, Goo Hye Sun on Bass, Lee Seung Gi on keyboards, etc. The Oppa Band members were acting as if they were upset by it to tease Sungmin and Jungmo.

ROFL~ yeah i rewatched~ they did say they said a lot more for the interview right? haha~ did YYS give an interview too? what did he say in his?

Heechul was in the MBC building due to filming his guest stint for the sitcom "TaeHyeJi" which filmed on the same day which they mentioned in the description. On "Oppa Band" when they showed Heechul, they wrote on screen that Heechul was like a family member of the show :)

<33 well he is~ he is definitely almost a family to both jungmo and sungmin~ and he is good to kim gura as well right?

I don't know, something was off in this show. The members didn't click well and everything seemed sort of forced. Maybe it was because they were nervous due to the press conference. Hopefully they will get back to normal next week.

that might be true..i like their performance nevertheless. the introduction was super awkward~

does anyone know what the critics/judge said about the performances. cause they looked a little sad.

i want to know what the critics says too~ they all seem so serious~ and i think the song was to tease the reporters..some of the lines goes : do you know who son dam bi is dating? do you know who ... is seeing? and they say they know but they cant say and stuff~ haha~

rating is only 5%. D:

owh god T___T seriously? for the whole show? or just part 1??

Guest damifino

rofl. at sungmo band. the other members are sad that they werent included in it.

rating is only 5%. D:

The reporters weren't kind. They basically said that each member was playing as if they were playing by themselves rather than in a group and that they were more annoying and pleasing. The last song was their "Reporter Song" which they wrote in which they basically said "Do you know who Son Dambi is dating? Do you know who Kim Tae Hee dumped? We know, but we can't tell you anything except that it's a man... Do you know who Kim Gook Jin is dating? Do you know who Jang Dong Gun dumped? We know, but we can't tell you anyting except that it's a woman. Do you want to know? I bet you want to know. I will tell you through the harmonica." Then the final line was "I can tell you one thing. I heard that Shin Hyung Joon used to be an elephant" which they finished off by including a bit of an old children's song "if you give an elephant a cookie, they grab it with their nose" :lol:

Apparently, there were a lot of nasty messages on the MBC message board. The viewers thought that it was really going to be a "Special," but the second hour was just a rerun/clip show.

ROFL~ yeah i rewatched~ they did say they said a lot more for the interview right? haha~ did YYS give an interview too? what did he say in his?

<33 well he is~ he is definitely almost a family to both jungmo and sungmin~ and he is good to kim gura as well right?

that might be true..i like their performance nevertheless. the introduction was super awkward~

owh god T___T seriously? for the whole show? or just part 1??

They didn't mention what YSS said during his interview, just that he had one.

Heechul is close to Kim Gura and he did kiss Seo In Young on the lips on "Rainbow Romance" once... that makes it 3 of the 8 members Heechul has kissed on the lips :P:lol:

Ratings for Part 1 (the new show) was 5% and for Part 2 (repeat) was 5.1%.

The reporters weren't kind. They basically said that each member was playing as if they were playing by themselves rather than in a group and that they were more annoying and pleasing.

erk~ T___T meeeep~ owh god~ well maybe thats y they had another MT next? or it does look like an MT~ and thanx for the song translation :)

Apparently, there were a lot of nasty messages on the MBC message board. The viewers thought that it was really going to be a "Special," but the second hour was just a rerun/clip show.

welll i wanna complain as well~ i waited for the second part and it was sooooooooooooo boring~ i seriously thought theres a real showcase or some kind~ i dunno~ special~ but no~ T__T dissapointment~

Heechul is close to Kim Gura and he did kiss Seo In Young on the lips on "Rainbow Romance" once... that makes it 3 of the 8 members Heechul has kissed on the lips :P:lol:

owh god LOL~ i forgot about that~ haha~ so true XD

Yeah, the reporters were kind of mean. One of them said that instead of "Oppa Band" (which is an abbreviation for the Korean words meaning "If You Watch it for a Long Time, You'll Be Drawn In"), it should be called "Ojja Band", which would be an abbreviation for "ohlae bomyun jja jeung na neun Band" (which basically means you'll get annoyed/pissed off if you watch it for too long.)

I felt so bad for the bandmates, they looked so sad. :(

Guest junkiluv

i watched this on the korean channel last night and omg i fell in love with jungmo, he's good looking and can play my favorite instruments, guitar and drums ahh luv him

I still enjoyed last week episode very much(the episode with the showcase not the recap part)... but agree with the discussions above..

It is me but they seems to talk more than they practiced this week... like they were constantly sitting down and talking...

And the guerilla promotion of handing out promo leaflet to reporters attending the drama Hon's press conference to attend their showcase... Aigoo Kim Gura Manager... time to think of new tactics!

What was between Yoo Young Suk and Kim Gum Mo? Wow thats was some revelation...

And the "Sungmo Band" ah... the rest of them members is jealous/envious... And I think TJH said "Sungmo and Jungmin" and Jungmo correcting him! :lol:

And its painful knowing that the reporters were not kind at all, feel bad for the members coz despite it all they all tried very hard ... and the teasing Reporter Song is cute, I think Shin Hyun Joon is TJH friend and he did attend the first showcase way back and they seem to like to tease each other... The intro meanwhile I don't get it why it was so mellow, but I find it funny how they pop out from the fake vending machine!

Its good to see Heechul, but aww, he look really tired in that 2 seconds he was on screen... I blame it on bad lighting... the boy is gorgeous...

I realize one of the problems/issues that Oppa Band faced is that they do not know what kinda band they wanna be... Initially they were suppose or wanted to be a rock band...

But subsequently the genre of songs they are sing are not really consider rock as well... sure they add in rock elements and have a set up like a rock band with members and instrument allocation... but the songs they sing just seems all over the place... sometime they sing rock, sometime they sing pop, sometime they sing folk, sometime they sing retro...

Although its good not to be typecast as a certain type of band but one that will be able to play all kinda genres but... they do not seems very sure what's next...

Maybe it will help if they have a clearer objective or goal... like to release an album or to have a concert or to have a tour or something... maybe it will make the focus of the band more concentrated. Oppa Band PDs you hear me?

So far we see them perform in all kinda events big and small... not that its not good as all exposure counts especially for a band as new as theirs... but when viewers "lost" an objective to follow maybe that is why the rating are not going up though its sustaining... because as viewers I guess they will feel more compel to "follow" if they know what in store rather than seeing them bumping along and wondering what's next...

I still love Oppa band dearly... Oppa Band HWAITING!!!!!

Edit:

V

Wow... Thanks for letting me know... I didnt know that happen... they do seem to get along well ... They were some teasing going on when it was KGM's concert... or so I thought KGM was teasing YYS... hmm... perhaps it was not teasing.

Guest banana_milk

I was really surprised by that one particular reporter that told the band that they should be called OhJja Band instead. I mean, I know that reporters can be harsh, but they were being filmed. At least spare the members some humiliation. At the same time though, it is a 100% "real" variety show, so I guess that was for the better. It was just really uncomfortable to watch the bandmates take all of that criticism. But, maybe it will make their success that much sweeter?

Porcelain Baby- to answer your question, Kim Gun Mo accused YYS of stealing his woman in the past, which is why he wrote one of his most famous songs, "wrongful meeting," about a girl who left him for his friend.

Archived