Namgoong Min/ Namkoong Min 남궁민 | [Drama 2023] My Dearest/Lovers, 연인

irilight

Spoiler

Kim Yoon Woo And Namgoong Min Experience Shifts In Emotions In “My Dearest”

Kim Yoon Woo And Namgoong Min Experience Shifts In Emotions In “My Dearest”

MBC’s “My Dearest” has unveiled new stills!

Set in the Joseon dynasty, “My Dearest” is a historical romance drama about the love story between a man named Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min), who has declared that he will not marry, and a woman named Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin), who dreams of finding love again even after two failed marriages.

Spoilers

In Part 1, Ryang Eum (Kim Yoon Woo) didn’t tell Yoo Gil Chae about whether Lee Jang Hyun was alive, and he lied that Lee Jang Hyun had another lover. Through this, Yoo Gil Chae decided to let go of her feelings for Lee Jang Hyun. Belatedly learning of this, Lee Jang Hyun couldn’t hold back his rage, and he said harsh words to Ryang Eum. Afterwards, Lee Jang Hyun stayed in Simyang while Ryang Eum stayed in Hanyang.

However, in episode 13, Ryang Eum went looking for Lee Jang Hyun to tell him news of Yoo Gil Chae, and eventually, Lee Jang Hyun was about to rescue Yoo Gil Chae due to Ryang Eum’s help.

The newly released stills capture Lee Jang Hyun and Ryang Eum amidst a completely different atmosphere as they face each other late at night. Although Lee Jang Hyun always looked at Ryang Eum with warm affection, his gaze has become cold. Ryang Eum’s gaze also has a firmness that wasn’t there before, raising questions about why their attitudes toward each other have changed.

namgoong-min-5-1.jpeg

Spoiler

kim-yoon-woo-.jpeg

namgoong-min-kim-yoon-woo.jpeg

The production team remarked, “Our drama is a story about what people are willing to do for love. Similar to how Lee Jang Hyun will put his life on the line for Yoo Gil Chae, Ryang Eum can also put everything on the line if it is for Lee Jang Hyun.

However, it is even more unfortunate because unlike Lee Jang Hyun, Ryang Eum cannot express his feelings,” asking viewers to anticipate Namgoong Min and Kim Yoon Woo’s acting.

The next episode of “My Dearest” will air on October 27 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1622213wpp/kim-yoon-woo-and-namgoong-min-experience-shifts-in-emotions-in-my-dearest

• Like 1

Ahn Eun Jin Nurses A Wounded Namgoong Min In “My Dearest”

Ahn Eun Jin Nurses A Wounded Namgoong Min In “My Dearest”

MBC’s “My Dearest” has shared a sneak peek of its upcoming episode!

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “My Dearest,” Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min) risked his own life to save Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin), valiantly throwing himself in front of an arrow aimed at her so that he could take the hit instead.

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, Yoo Gil Chae tenderly nurses the injured Lee Jang Hyun back to health, wiping his sweat and carefully checking his wound. Notably, Yoo Gil Chae is now dressed in clean silk that was presumably given to her by Lee Jang Hyun, having cast aside the dirty clothing she was wearing during their emotional reunion.

Namgoong-Min-6.jpegAhn-Eun-Jin-6.jpeg

The “My Dearest” production team teased, “In Episode 15, which airs today, the romance between Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae will grow even deeper. The more time they spend together, the more their feelings for one another abruptly reveal themselves at unexpected moments. During this process, the two of them will care more for each other’s feelings than their own, treating the other as more precious than themselves.”

They went on, “Above all else, the perfect acting chemistry between Namgoong Min and Ahn Eun Jin will make viewers’ hearts flutter even more. Please look forward to Episode 15 of ‘My Dearest,’ which will trap viewers inside a whirlwind of romance on the small screen for 60 minutes.”

The next episode of “My Dearest” will air on October 27 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1622338wpp/ahn-eun-jin-nurses-a-wounded-namgoong-min-in-my-dearest

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 15 (Part 2)! :).

“My Dearest” Is Most-Watched Program Of Friday As Ratings Continue To Rise

“My Dearest” Is Most-Watched Program Of Friday As Ratings Continue To Rise

MBC’s “My Dearest” shows no signs of slowing down!

On October 27, the hit historical romance drama climbed to Part 2’s highest viewership ratings yet. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of “My Dearest” rose to an average nationwide rating of 11.8 percent, making it the most-watched program of any kind to air on Friday.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1622650wpp/my-dearest-is-most-watched-program-of-friday-as-ratings-continue-to-rise

• Like 1

Spoiler

Ahn Eun Jin Turns Her Back On Namgoong Min In “My Dearest”

Ahn Eun Jin Turns Her Back On Namgoong Min In “My Dearest”

Oct 28, 2023
by E. Cha

What new obstacles will keep Ahn Eun Jin and Namgoong Min apart on the next episode of “My Dearest”?

Spoilers

Previously on “My Dearest,” Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min) put his life on the line to rescue Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin), but he was wounded in the process. Unable to leave Lee Jang Hyun behind after he saved her life, Yoo Gil Chae decided to remain in Shenyang until he recovered, and she stayed by his side to nurse him back to health. Not wanting to part with Yoo Gil Chae just yet, Lee Jang Hyun pretended to be ill even after he’d already recovered so he could spend more time with her.

However, at the end of the latest episode, the star-crossed lovers’ blissful time together was interrupted by an unexpected ultimatum from Gak Hwa (Lee Chung Ah). Consumed by jealousy, Gak Hwa threatened to put all the prisoners of war from Joseon in danger if Lee Jang Hyun did not send Yoo Gil Chae back to Joseon.

Although the furious Lee Jang Hyun grabbed Gak Hwa by the throat and warned her not to lay a hand on Yoo Gil Chae, Gak Hwa seemed to have no intention of backing down from her threat.

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, Lee Jang Hyun is visibly tormented by a dilemma as he sits alone at a table, lost in thought.

Namgoong-Min-7.jpeg

The next photo captures Yoo Gil Chae’s startled reaction to something Lee Jang Hyun has just told her. Then, in a final photo, Yoo Gil Chae turns and walks away from a melancholy Lee Jang Hyun, who seems unable to stop her.

Ahn-Eun-Jin-7.jpegNamgoong-Min-2-1.jpeg

The producers of “My Dearest” revealed, “In Episode 16, there will be a huge change in the relationship between Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae. Lee Jang Hyun has learned the true reason that Yoo Gil Chae let go of his hand [back in Joseon], and Yoo Gil Chae has seen Lee Jang Hyun risk his own life for her sake. With their feelings for each other having grown even stronger, the two of them wind up making an important decision for one another’s sake.”

To find out what fate has in store for the pair—and what choices they will make—tune in to the next episode of “My Dearest” on October 28 at 9:50 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1622669wpp/ahn-eun-jin-turns-her-back-on-namgoong-min-in-my-dearest

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 16 (Part 2)! :).

“Castaway Diva” Premieres To Promising Ratings + “My Dearest” Part 2 Hits New All-Time High

“Castaway Diva” Premieres To Promising Ratings + “My Dearest” Part 2 Hits New All-Time High

Meanwhile, MBC’s “My Dearest” continued its upward trend, achieving Part 2’s highest viewership ratings yet. The latest episode of the historical romance scored an average nationwide rating of 12.0 percent, taking first place in its time slot across all channels.

“My Dearest” was also the most-watched program of any kind to air on Saturday among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it scored an average rating of 3.7 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1622731wpp/castaway-diva-premieres-to-promising-ratings-my-dearest-part-2-hits-new-all-time-high

• Like 1

Namkoong Min is truly one of the best and most versatile actor there is, and gorgeous to boot!  I am glad I found this tread because I feel like he is under appreciated and not getting as much recognition as he deserves!  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sunny88 said:

Namkoong Min is truly one of the best and most versatile actor there is, and gorgeous to boot!  I am glad I found this tread because I feel like he is under appreciated and not getting as much recognition as he deserves!  

I think he is appreciated and has recognition. He will win another Daesang at MBC Drama awards at the end of this year. Also people knows that he is a good actor. He knows to select his dramas and perhaps he is lucky that good dramas are coming his way.  About this thread..... lots of threads are deserted and people are barely commenting on drama threads anymore. You are welcome to post from time to time to show your appreciation to Namgoong Min.

“My Dearest” In Talks For Extension

“My Dearest” In Talks For Extension

MBC is positively reviewing an extension of their popular drama “My Dearest”!

On November 1, a representative of MBC shared, “Due to the popularity of the drama, we are positively discussing an extension and are working on adjusting the broadcast schedule by slightly delaying the date of the final episode.”

They added, “Depending on the results of Game 3 of the professional baseball postseason playoffs, there is a possibility of Game 4 being broadcast on Friday, November 3, so episode 17 of ‘My Dearest’ is scheduled to air on Saturday, November 4. We will work harder to improve the production quality of the remaining important scenes in the second half.”

Set in the Joseon dynasty, “My Dearest” draws out the heartbreaking love story between a man named Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min) and a woman named Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin). After a five-week hiatus, “My Dearest” made its highly-anticipated return with Part 2 on October 13, and the drama immediately reclaimed its position at the top of its time slot and swept the top spots on rankings of the most buzzworthy dramas and actors for three consecutive weeks.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1623525wpp/my-dearest-in-talks-for-extension

Stay tuned for more updates!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1623525wpp/my-dearest-in-talks-for-extension

“My Dearest” Not Airing New Episode Tonight; Teases Namgoong Min And Ahn Eun Jin’s Reunion

“My Dearest” Not Airing New Episode Tonight; Teases Namgoong Min And Ahn Eun Jin’s Reunion

MBC’s “My Dearest” has shared a sneak peek of Namgoong Min and Ahn Eun Jin’s reunion!

Due to baseball playoffs coverage, “My Dearest” will not be airing a new episode in its usual time slot on November 3. Instead, the next episode of “My Dearest” will air on Saturday, November 4 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

Spoilers

Previously on “My Dearest,” Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min) risked his life to rescue Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin), but he was wounded in the process. Yoo Gil Chae remained by his side to nurse him back to health, and Lee Jang Hyun was so happy to be able to spend time with her that he pretended to be ill even after he’d recovered.

However, the star-crossed lovers’ brief happiness was soon interrupted by Gak Hwa (Lee Chung Ah). Mad with jealousy, Gak Hwa threatened to kill all the prisoners of war from Joseon if Lee Jang Hyun did not send Yoo Gil Chae back home. In order to protect the prisoners of war, Lee Jang Hyun had no choice but to push Yoo Gil Chae away with words he did not mean, and the two shared another heartbreaking farewell.

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, though, Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae find their way back to one another in Hanyang. Lee Jang Hyun can’t hide his smile at seeing Yoo Gil Chae, whose own excitement is evident in her eyes. Yoo Gil Chae also appears to be holding a small gift from Lee Jang Hyun, suggesting that their reunion was not a coincidence.

Namgoong-Min.jpeg

Spoiler

Ahn-Eun-Jin.jpeg

Namgoong-Min-Ahn-Eun-Jin.jpeg

The producers of “My Dearest” teased, “In Episode 17, which airs tomorrow, Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae will reunite in Hanyang, not Shenyang. Although they are in a completely different situation from when they met in Shenyang, their love for one another remains unchanged. As always, actors Namgoong Min and Ahn Eun Jin captured Lee Jang Hyun and Yo Gil Chae’s love and heartache with their top-notch acting chemistry. We hope that viewers will look forward to it.”

To find out how Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae wind up reuniting in Hanyang, catch the next episode of “My Dearest” on November 4 at 9:50 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1623912wpp/my-dearest-not-airing-new-episode-tonight-teases-namgoong-min-and-ahn-eun-jins-reunion

MBC Says “My Dearest” May Film Additional Scenes If Drama Is Extended

MBC Says “My Dearest” May Film Additional Scenes If Drama Is Extended

MBC has confirmed that there is a possibility of filming additional scenes for “My Dearest.”

On November 4, a news outlet reported that “My Dearest,” which is currently in talks for an extension, did not plan to hold any additional shoots even if the drama were to be extended.

That same morning, MBC firmly denied the report, stating, “The question of whether our Friday-Saturday drama ‘My Dearest’ will hold additional shoots depends on whether the drama is extended. If it is decided that the drama will be extended, additional shoots may be held, so it is impossible to say that there will be no additional shoots. Right now, there is potential for additional shoots [for the drama].”

The network continued, “As we previously announced, we are currently discussing the possibility of extending ‘My Dearest,’ and the outlook is favorable. Due to the programming schedule for the drama following [‘My Dearest’], many people are thinking of a one-episode extension, but a two-episode extension is also possible.”

“Ultimately, whether the drama holds additional shoots will be decided based on whether there is an extension and for how many episodes,” they concluded. “If the drama is extended, of course there will be additional filming to match the [extended] runtime.”

Are you hoping for an extension of “My Dearest”? Share your thoughts with us in the comments!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1624125wpp/mbc-says-my-dearest-may-film-additional-scenes-if-drama-is-extended

Namgoong Min And Ahn Eun Jin Finally Confess Their Hidden Feelings In “My Dearest”

Namgoong Min And Ahn Eun Jin Finally Confess Their Hidden Feelings In “My Dearest”

At long last, Namgoong Min and Ahn Eun Jin will open up to one another about their feelings on MBC’s “My Dearest”!

Spoilers

Previously on “My Dearest,” viewers were heartbroken to see Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min) and Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin) part ways once again after finally being reunited. In order to save the prisoners of war from Gak Hwa (Lee Chung Ah)’s jealous wrath, Lee Jang Hyun was forced to push Yoo Gil Chae away with words he did not mean, and she ultimately returned to Joseon while he stayed behind in Shenyang.

However, in newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, the star-crossed lovers are once again reunited in Hanyang, where Yoo Gil Chae previously asked her husband for a divorce.

In the photos, both Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae get emotional as they relive the past while listening to Ryang Eum (Kim Yoon Woo)’s skillful singing. The last time the pair listened to Ryang Eum’s singing together, before the Qing invasion, the disguished Yoo Gil Chae was unable to hide her delight at being touched by his song—and Lee Jang Hyun was utterly taken by her visible innocence and passion.

While much has changed in the difficult years since, Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae’s love for one another has only grown stronger, and as the two get lost in the precious memory evoked by Ryang Eum’s voice, the depth of their feelings becomes clearer to both of them.

Namgoong-Min-1.jpeg

Spoiler

Ahn-Eun-Jin-1.jpegKim-Yoon-Woo.jpeg

According to the “My Dearest” production team, the couple will finally get honest with one another about their emotions after finding their way back to one another in Hanyang.

“In Episode 17, which airs today, Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae will once again be caught up in a powerful whirlwind of fate after reuniting in Hanyang,” they said. “As a result, the two of them will reveal the sincere feelings that they were unable to confess in Shenyang.”

“How far will Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae be able to go for love, and what will they be willing to do for the person they love?” they continued. “We hope that you’ll focus on these questions while tuning in.”

The next episode of “My Dearest” airs on November 4 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1624133wpp/namgoong-min-and-ahn-eun-jin-finally-confess-their-hidden-feelings-in-my-dearest

20231104113028_Namgoong-Min-12-1.jpeg?s=Namgoong Min Charms With His Unwavering Love In “My Dearest”

Nov 4, 2023
by S. Nam

MBC’s “My Dearest” has shared another glimpse of Namgoong Min!

Set in the Joseon dynasty, “My Dearest” draws out the heartbreaking love story between a man named Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min) and a woman named Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin). After a five-week hiatus, “My Dearest” made its highly-anticipated return with Part 2 on October 13, and the drama immediately reclaimed its position at the top of its time slot and swept the top spots on rankings of the most buzzworthy dramas and actors for three consecutive weeks.

Spoilers

Since the premiere of “My Dearest,” Lee Jang Hyun captivated viewers’ hearts with his pure-hearted love for Yoo Gil Chae. Despite Yoo Gil Chae rejecting Lee Jang Hyun due to difficult circumstances, Lee Jang Hyun continued to love Yoo Gil Chae and only wished for her happiness, even putting his own life on the line for her.

Ahead of the broadcast of episode 17, the production team teased that Lee Jang Hyun will once again captivate with his charisma. Previously, Gak Hwa (Lee Chung Ah) threatened Lee Jang Hyun with the lives of countless Joseon prisoners of war due to her jealousy. Eventually, Lee Jang Hyun bid farewell to Yoo Gil Chae, who returned to Hanyang and asked Goo Won Moo (Ji Seung Hyun) for a divorce. With the upcoming episode previewing the reunion between Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae, viewers are curious to see how Lee Jang Hyun will once again impress viewers.

namgoong-min-11.jpeg

The production team shared, “In today’s broadcast of episode 17, Lee Jang Hyun will return to Hanyang and meet Yoo Gil Chae. The hearts of the two who reunite remain unchanged and may even start a more powerful love. In this process, Lee Jang Hyun opens up about the sincere feelings within his heart with words that no one can say easily. Lee Jang Hyun’s sincerity immediately seizes Yoo Gil Chae’s heart tightly.”

Namgoong-Min-12.jpeg

They continued, “[This] could be said to be a very important scene in which Lee Jang Hyun’s charms explode. As always, actor Namgoong Min perfectly depicted Lee Jang Hyun’s charms and Lee Jang Hyun’s unwavering love for Yoo Gil Chae through his great and passionate acting. All the production team were in awe at the filming set,” asking viewers to anticipate the upcoming episode.

The next episode of “My Dearest” will air on November 4 at 9:50 p.m.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1624163wpp/namgoong-min-charms-with-his-unwavering-love-in-my-dearest

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 17 (Part 2)! :).

“Castaway Diva” And “My Dearest” Part 2 Rise To Their Highest Ratings Yet

“Castaway Diva” And “My Dearest” Part 2 Rise To Their Highest Ratings Yet

Both tvN’s “Castaway Diva” and MBC’s “My Dearest” Part 2 soared to new heights last night!

On November 4, viewership ratings for “My Dearest” soared into the double digits, reaching a new all-time high for Part 2. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of the hit historical romance drama scored an average nationwide rating of 11.4 percent, taking first place in its time slot across all channels.

“My Dearest” was also the most-watched program of the entire day among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it earned an average rating of 3.8 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1624241wpp/castaway-diva-and-my-dearest-part-2-rise-to-their-highest-ratings-yet

“My Dearest” Confirms 1-Episode Extension

“My Dearest” Confirms 1-Episode Extension

My Dearest” will be extended with one more episode!

On November 9, MBC’s popular Friday-Saturday drama “My Dearest” officially announced a one-episode extension.

A representative of MBC shared, “We carefully reviewed the broadcast extension of ‘My Dearest,’ which is receiving lots of love, and made the final decision to extend it for one episode. We will put more effort into important scenes in the second half to improve the quality of the production and story. As the decision was made to properly portray the deepened love story of Jang Hyun and Gil Chae as well as the story of the prisoners’ return, please show lots of interest and love until the end.”

Set in the Joseon dynasty, “My Dearest” draws out the heartbreaking love story between a man named Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min) and a woman named Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin). After a five-week hiatus, “My Dearest” made its highly-anticipated return with Part 2 on October 13, and the drama immediately reclaimed its position at the top of its time slot and took the top spot on the ranking of the most buzzworthy dramas for three consecutive weeks.

The next episode of “My Dearest” airs on November 10 at 9:50 p.m. KST. Stay tuned!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1625233wpp/my-dearest-confirms-1-episode-extension