Namgoong Min/ Namkoong Min 남궁민 | [Drama 2023] My Dearest/Lovers, 연인

irilight

by Hazel Jung, July 18, 2023

d0zRNK_2f.jpg

MBC's new Friday-Saturday drama My Dearest will premiere on August 4th. My Dearest is a historical melodrama that depicts the love between lovers torn apart by war and the vitality of the people.

The public's enthusiastic interest and anticipation for My Dearest revolves around the return of Namkoong Min, the top actor in Korea, to the historical drama genre after ten years. Ahn Eun Jin is the rising star of 2023 with her irreplaceable charm and acting skills. The previously released teaser posters, the first teaser, and the couple shots have captivated viewers' expectations by capturing the poignant emotions of the two characters.

RB0PeR_2f.jpg

Amidst this, the second teaser video for My Dearest was unveiled. The second teaser begins with Lee Jang Hyun (played by Namkoong Min) alone on the beach, his knees on the ground, covered in blood. Then, the voice of Yoo Gil Chae (played by Ahn Eun Jin) is heard saying, "Do you remember the day you first saw me?" and Lee Jang Hyun slowly closes his eyes. Subsequently, the screen displays the faint memories of Lee Jang Hyun and the one woman, Yoo Gil Chae, who captured his heart.

Temporarily escaping from happy memories, the turbulent whirlwind of war intertwines with Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae, hinting at their love's arduous journey. Yoo Gil Chae runs through mountain trails daily as Lee Jang Hyun earnestly pleads, "If smoke rises over that mountain, you must flee to safety." Shedding tears yet maintaining an unwavering gaze, Yoo Gil Chae solemnly declares, "Today, nothing happened to us." Lee Jang Hyun, drenched in blood, fights relentlessly in the war.
more
  • Like 1

July 18 2023

Teaser trailer 2 for MBC drama “My Dearest”

My_Dearest-SI01.jpg

Teaser trailer 2 added for MBC drama series “My Dearest” starring Namkoong Min & Ahn Eun-Jin. The romance drama series is set during the Joseon period in the 17th century. Teaser trailer 2 begins with Ahn Eun-Jin asking “Do you remember the first day you saw me?” Meanwhile, above and below are the first still images of Namkoong Min & Ahn Eun-Jin in the drama series.

“My Dearest” first airs August 4, 2023 in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Set during a Joseon period where people went through severe hardship due to the Qing invasion (Jan. 3, 1637 to Feb. 24, 1637). A love story blooms during that time.

Lee Jang-Hyun (Namkoong Min) is a mysterious man who suddenly appears in society circles. He appears to be a cheerful person, but in fact he is not. He is a complex person with a deep and dark secret that he can’t reveal to anyone. A woman named Yoo Gil-Chae (Ahn Eun-Jin) appears in front of him and his life changes. Yoo Gil-Chae is the daughter of noble a family. She is a lovely woman, brimming with confidence. While experiencing the upheaval caused by the Qing invasion and falling in love with Lee Jang-Hyun, she grows as a person.

My_Dearest-SI02.jpg

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-trailer-2-for-mbc-drama-my-dearest

• Like 1

Namgoong Min Charms With His Mysterious Gaze And Playful Smile In “My Dearest”

Jul 19, 2023
by S. Kim

MBC’s upcoming drama “My Dearest” has shared new stills of Namgoong Min!

“My Dearest” is a new historical romance drama about star-crossed lovers whose fates become twisted due to the Qing invasion of Joseon. Namgoong Min will star as Lee Jang Hyun, a man who has declared that he will not get married, while Ahn Eun Jin will play Yoo Gil Chae, a noblewoman who dreams of finding love again even after two failed marriages.

The newly released stills feature the contrasting appearances of Lee Jang Hyun, a mysterious man who suddenly appears in Neunggeun Village’s high society one day. Although he boasts a mischievous, playful charm on the surface, he is a complex character who is hiding a dark secret that he can’t tell anyone. Jang Hyun’s deep gaze makes viewers’ hearts flutter, raising anticipation for his romance that will unfold in the future.

namgoong-min-01.jpeg

namgoong-min-02.jpeg

namgoong-min-03.jpeg

The production team praised Namgoong Min’s acting skills, stating, “Lee Jang Hyun is a character with extreme charms. However, it would be meaningless if the actor could not bring out the charms of the character. If it wasn’t for Namgoong Min, Lee Jang Hyun wouldn’t have become such an awesome and special character.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1601657wpp/namgoong-min-charms-with-his-mysterious-gaze-and-playful-smile-in-my-dearest

• Like 1

Namgoong Min, Ahn Eun Jin, Lee Hak Joo, And Lee Da In Go Through Wartime In “My Dearest”

Namgoong Min, Ahn Eun Jin, Lee Hak Joo, And Lee Da In Go Through Wartime In “My Dearest”

MBC’s upcoming drama “My Dearest” has released new stills of its main leads!

Set in the Joseon dynasty, “My Dearest” is a historical romance drama about the love story between a man named Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min), who has declared that he will not marry, and a woman named Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin), who dreams of finding love again even after two failed marriages.

The released stills show the four main characters of “My Dearest.” In the first still, Namgoong Min, who is starring in a historical drama for the first time in 10 years, is portrayed as the charming Lee Jang Hyun—a masculine, intelligent, and mysterious man who only has eyes for one woman.

namgoong-min-4.jpeg

Next, Ahn Eun Jin is depicted as Yoo Gil Chae, the only woman who has captured Lee Jang Hyun’s heart. Born to a high-ranking family, Yoo Gil Chae enjoyed every advantage growing up, and she tends to be a bit conceited. However, after suffering through wartime and falling in love with one man, she gradually matures and eventually makes a dramatic transformation.

Spoiler

ahn-eun-jin-5.jpeg

Yoo Gil Chae might have captured Lee Jang Hyun’s heart, but her own heart yearns for Nam Yeon Joon (Lee Hak Joo), a promising Confucian student studying at Sungkyunkwan.

Spoiler

lee-hak-joo-1.jpeg

The last still captures Lee Da In as Kyung Eun Ae, Nam Yeon Joon’s fiancée and Yoo Gil Chae’s best friend. Kyung Eun Ae is a wise and benevolent woman who sees the bright side of the world. Despite going through many ups and downs in life, she maintains her love and faith in Nam Yeon Joon.

Spoiler

lee-da-in-2.jpeg

When the Manchu war breaks out in front of the four characters whose lives are interwinned through a love triangle, some of them voluntarily throw themselves into the war, while others get swept up in the war as fate would have it.

“My Dearest” will premiere on August 4 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1601701wpp/namgoong-min-ahn-eun-jin-lee-hak-joo-and-lee-da-in-go-through-wartime-in-my-dearest

Watch: Namgoong Min And Ahn Eun Jin Are Star-Crossed Lovers In Teaser For Upcoming Drama “My Dearest”

Watch: Namgoong Min And Ahn Eun Jin Are Star-Crossed Lovers In Teaser For Upcoming Drama “My Dearest”

MBC’s upcoming drama “My Dearest” has dropped a new poster and teaser!

“My Dearest” is a new historical romance drama about star-crossed lovers whose fates become twisted due to the Qing invasion of Joseon. Namgoong Min will star as Lee Jang Hyun, a man who has declared that he will not get married, while Ahn Eun Jin will play Yoo Gil Chae, a noblewoman who dreams of finding love again even after two failed marriages.

The teaser begins with Lee Jang Hyun kneeling alone on the beach covered in blood. At the same time, Yoo Gil Chae’s voice is heard, saying, “Do you remember the day you saw me for the first time?” Jang Hyun, as he slowly closes his eyes, reminisces the time when he lost his heart to Gil Chae.

The happy memories soon turn into the memories of them caught up in the whirlwind of a terrifying war, previewing the long and hard journey that the two will go through. Following Jang Hyun’s advice, “When you see smoke rising over that mountain, make sure you run away,” Yoo Gil Chae runs down the mountain road day and night. When Gil Chae finally reaches Jang Hyun across the field covered in snow, Jang Hyun tells her, “Please don’t ever forget this moment that you are with me today.”

Watch the full teaser below!

Also check out the stunning poster of Yoo Gil Chae and Lee Jang Hyun in the backdrop of a green barley field.

My-Dearest_poster.jpeg

“My Dearest” will premiere on August 4 at 9:50 p.m. KST. Stay tuned!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1601883wpp/watch-namgoong-min-and-ahn-eun-jin-are-star-crossed-lovers-in-teaser-for-upcoming-drama-my-dearest

• Like 1

Ahn Eun-jin finds her way back to My Dearest Namgoong Min

by tccolb

More promos have been released for MBC’s upcoming sageuk My Dearest, showcasing our tragedy bound leads Namgoong Min (One Dollar Lawyer) and Ahn Eun-jin (The Good Bad Mother) in a beautiful new poster and video teaser.

Set against the backdrop of the 1636 Qing Invasion during the Joseon era, the trailer begins with our battle-worn Lee Jang-hyun (Namgoong Min) finding respite by the sea. Reflecting back on happier times, we hear Yoo Gil-chae (Ahn Eun-jin) speaking to him in voiceover: “Do you remember the first day you saw me?” In reply, Jang-hyun gives his honest confession that his heart races whenever he sees her.

With renewed resolve, our hero takes hold of his sword again and turns to face the enemy and we hear Jang-hyun’s desperate warning to Gil-chae: “If you see smoke coming from above that mountain, you must take refuge.” In the sequence we watch as the feared danger forces their way into Joseon, wreaking havoc in the villages.

Gil-chae escapes with the crowds into the woods, but is forced to fight off one attacker. Fighting off tears, she bravely keeps her composure and comforts her friend afterwards. For the sake of their survival, Gil-chae determines that, “Nothing has happened to us today.” In the intermittent text screens, we read the epic declaration that despite the growing danger, a love that grew even stronger is about to begin.”

Taking us through (more) breathtaking landscapes, the camera follows Gil-chae as she runs to find Jang-hyun and she longingly wonders, “Where are you right now?” The teaser then comes to a close as our star-crossed pair finally meet and Jang-hyun tells her, “Don’t ever forget the moments we shared today.”

On the production side, MBC’s My Dearest is co-directed by PD Kim Sung-yong (The Veil) and PD Chun Soo-jin, with scripts penned by Hwang Jin-young (Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People). Part 1 of the 20-episode romance will be launching next month on August 4, broadcasting in the weekend slot.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/07/ahn-eun-jin-finds-her-way-back-to-my-dearest-namgoong-min/

Namgoong Min Fights To Survive And Reunite With His Love In “My Dearest” Poster

Namgoong Min Fights To Survive And Reunite With His Love In “My Dearest” Poster

MBC’s upcoming drama “My Dearest” has unveiled a new poster ahead of its premiere!

“My Dearest” is a new historical romance drama about star-crossed lovers whose fates become twisted due to the Qing invasion of Joseon. Namgoong Min will star as Lee Jang Hyun, a man who has declared that he will not get married, while Ahn Eun Jin will play Yoo Gil Chae, a noblewoman who dreams of finding love again even after two failed marriages.

The newly released poster captures Lee Jang Hyun struggling to stand upright even while bleeding amidst what appears to be a battlefield shrouded in darkness. Within a cruel battlefield, Lee Jang Hyun’s strong gaze remains unwavering and shines brightly, conveying his determination.

The text on the poster that reads, “Wherever you are, I will definitely go to meet you,” hints at the reason why Lee Jung Hyun is fighting to survive. The poster highlights Lee Jang Hyun’s deep love for Yoo Gil Chae, which drives his powerful resolve.

Namgoong-Min-My-Dearest.jpeg

“My Dearest” will premiere on August 4 at 9:50 p.m. KST. Check out a teaser for the drama here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1602527wpp/namgoong-min-fights-to-survive-and-reunite-with-his-love-in-my-dearest-poster

Namgoong Min And Ahn Eun Jin’s Drama “My Dearest” Unveils Character Relationship Chart

Namgoong Min And Ahn Eun Jin’s Drama “My Dearest” Unveils Character Relationship Chart

MBC’s upcoming drama “My Dearest” has released a character relationship chart!

Set in the Joseon dynasty, “My Dearest” is a historical romance drama about the love story between a man named Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min), who has declared that he will not marry, and a woman named Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin), who dreams of finding love again even after two failed marriages. The drama also stars Lee Hak Joo as Nam Yeon Joon, a promising Confucian student studying at Sungkyunkwan, and Lee Da In as Nam Yeon Joon’s fiancée and Yoo Gil Chae’s closest friend Kyung Eun Ae.

The new relationship chart shows the drama’s four main characters Lee Jang Hyun, Yoo Gil Chae, Nam Yeon Joon, and Kyung Eun Ae, as well as members of the Joseon royal family, people from Qing, and a mysterious character named Ryang Eum.

First, Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae are described as two people who miss and love each other dearly. On the other hand, Yoo Gil Chae, Nam Yeon Joon, and Kyung Eun Ae are intertwined in a complicated relationship. Nam Yeon Joon is Yoo Gil Chae’s first love, but he is engaged to her best friend, Kyung Eun Ae. The three grew up together in the same village, and one day, Lee Jang Hyun suddenly appears in their lives, threatening to disrupt their relationship.

The chart also introduces the handsome Ryang Eum (Kim Yoon Woo), Joseon’s greatest pansori singer, who is close friends with Lee Jang Hyun despite being of a different social status. Additionally, gangsters Yang Chun (Choi Moo Sung) and Goo Jam (Park Gang Sub) are listed as Jang Hyun’s people, heightening anticipation as to how they will help Lee Jang Hyun amidst the maelstrom of war.

Lee Jang Hyun also appears to have connections to both the royal family of Joseon and people of the Qing dynasty: the chart links him to King Injo (Kim Jong Tae), crown prince So Hyun (Kim Moo Joon), eunuch Pyo Eon Gyum (Yang Hyun Min), Qing emperor Hong Taiji (Kim Joon Won), and Qing military officer Yong Gol Dae (Choi Young Woo). The unexpected links raise the question of how Lee Jang Hyun is connected to emperor Hong Taiji and a Qing military officer.

Also depicted on the relationship chart are characters around Yoo Gil Chae, including her maid Jong Jong Yi (Park Jung Yeon), Kyung Eun Ae’s maid Bang Doo Ne (Kwon So Hyun), and military officer Goo Won Moo (Ji Seung Hyun).

my-dearest-relationship-chart.jpg

The production team of “My Dearest” commented, “Our drama focuses on the romantic relationships between lovers and the resilience of the people during a time of war. In addition to the characters of Lee Jang Hyun, Yoo Gil Chae, Nam Yeon Joon, and Kyung Eun Ae, who are entangled by love, the drama also features many other characters in various positions and circumstances. If you pay close attention to how each of them will behave and how their relationships will change during the trials of war, you will be able to gain a more profound appreciation for ‘My Dearest.’

We are also confident in the acting abilities of each actor. Please give ‘My Dearest’ lots of interest and anticipation.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1602678wpp/namgoong-min-and-ahn-eun-jins-drama-my-dearest-unveils-character-relationship-chart

Spoiler

Namgoong Min Dishes On His New Romance Drama “My Dearest” + Why He’s Personally Looking Forward To It

Namgoong Min Dishes On His New Romance Drama “My Dearest” + Why He’s Personally Looking Forward To It

Namgoong Min has shared his thoughts on his upcoming MBC drama “My Dearest”!

“My Dearest” is a new historical romance drama about star-crossed lovers whose fates become twisted due to the Qing invasion of Joseon. Namgoong Min will star as Lee Jang Hyun, a man who has declared that he will not get married, while Ahn Eun Jin will play Yoo Gil Chae, a noblewoman who dreams of finding love again even after two failed marriages.

Explaining why he had decided to star in “My Dearest,” Namgoong Min shared, “Every time I pick a new project, I’ve always chosen my projects based on the initial feeling I get when I read the script for the first time without any prior information.

When I first received the script for ‘My Dearest,’ the only thing I knew about the drama before reading it was that director Kim Sung Yong would be directing it. But I read the script, and it was so much fun.”

“Even though there were unfamiliar words and phrases that we don’t often use in everyday life, since it’s a historical drama, the script was still a really easy read, and I read it all in one sitting,” continued Namgoong Min. “I think I was also able to immediately envision how director Kim Sung Yong would film it. I found those aspects of it immensely appealing. Above all else, I thought that if I did ‘My Dearest,’ I would have a great time filming it, which won me over.”

Namgoong-Min-5.jpeg

As filming for “My Dearest” began in winter 2022 and has now stretched through spring and summer 2023, the cast and crew have already been working together for three seasons of the year.

When asked what viewers should keep an eye on as they watch “My Dearest,” Namgoong Min replied, “Because we paid a lot of attention to historical accuracy while filming, we made a lot of efforts to showcase the details of our costumes and styling. Also, because the drama portrays wartime, many people did their utmost and worked their hardest to make the intermittent action scenes dynamic and realistic. I hope that the viewers will keep a close eye on these elements.”

Namgoong-Min-2-1.jpeg

Finally, Namgoong Min concluded up by addressing viewers directly, noting, “It’s my first time in a long while greeting you all through a historical drama.”

“Even as an actor who filmed the drama myself, I’m personally really looking forward to this drama,” he went on to share. “In particular, we traveled to lots of different places in the countryside and captured many beautiful spots in our country, so I think we’ll be able to show you lots of beautiful imagery. There are elements that people of any age will enjoy scattered throughout the drama, so please make sure to tune in.”

Namgoong-Min-3-1.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1602961wpp/namgoong-min-dishes-on-his-new-romance-drama-my-dearest-why-hes-personally-looking-forward-to-it

Spoiler

wJA2z1_2f.jpg

MBC's new Friday-Saturday drama My Dearest (directed by Kim Sung Yong and written by Hwang Jin Young), which will premiere on August 4th, is a historical melodrama that deals with the love of a couple torn apart during the Donghak Peasant Revolution and the vitality of the people. After ten years, Namkoong Min's return to the historical genre and his first serious melodrama have been the center of attention.

4eoDjK_2f.jpg

Regarding his decision to appear in My Dearest, Namkoong Min recalled, "I have always chosen projects based on my initial impression when reading the script without any prior information. When I first received the script for My Dearest, I only knew that Director Kim Sung Yong would be in charge of directing. But as I read the script, I found it incredibly enjoyable."

E57DWp_2f.jpg

He continued, "Despite the unfamiliar words and sentences not commonly used in everyday life, I could read through them smoothly. At the same time, I naturally envisioned how Director Kim Sung Yong would handle the direction. These factors greatly appealed to me. Above all, the thought of being able to film My Dearest with excitement captured my heart."

Spoiler

d0zoDW_2f.jpg

When asked about the highlights of My Dearest, Namkoong Min mentioned, "We paid great attention to historical accuracy during filming, putting in a lot of effort to show detailed makeup and costumes. Moreover, since the story involves war, we worked closely with many people to present the action scenes with liveliness and realism. I hope the viewers will enjoy watching it."

1w4gWy_2f.jpg

Namkoong Min expressed his anticipation for the viewers eagerly waiting for the premiere of My Dearest, saying, "I am greeting you all with a historical drama after a long time. It's a work that holds great expectations for me as an actor and personally. Especially because we traveled to various locations across the country for filming, we were able to capture many beautiful scenes of Korea. I believe there will be many lovely scenes for the viewers to enjoy. There are elements in the drama that will appeal to audiences of all ages, so I ask for your continued support and viewership."

https://mydramalist.com/article/my-dearest-namkoong-min-why-did-he-appear-in-a-historical-drama-after-10-years

Edited by gm4queen
Please use spoiler tags when you post more than 3 images in one post. Thanks!

Namgoong Min Leans In For A Kiss With Ahn Eun Jin In Romantic Poster For “My Dearest”

Namgoong Min Leans In For A Kiss With Ahn Eun Jin In Romantic Poster For “My Dearest”

MBC has unveiled a beautiful new poster for its upcoming drama “My Dearest”!

In the newly released poster, Lee Jang Hyun and Yoo Gil Chae share a romantic moment in a picturesque field under the setting sun. Lee Jang Hyun cautiously takes Yoo Gil Chae’s face in one hand and leans in for a kiss, while the typically bold and feisty Yoo Gil Chae closes her eyes, looking uncharacteristically nervous as Lee Jang Hyun slowly draws near.

The poster offers a sneak peek of the chemistry between the two leads, as well as the tenderness and depth of their characters’ feelings for one another.

My-Dearest.jpeg

The producers of “My Dearest” commented, “With their top-notching acting skills and chemistry, Namgoong Min and Ahn Eun Jin are portraying a fateful love story in the drama. Namgoong Min’s incredible attention to detail and Ahn Eun Jin’s undeniable charms will shake up the hearts of viewers of all ages.”

“In order to perfect this heartache-inducing romance, the two actors are constantly conversing and discussing their scenes on the set,” they continued. “Please show lots of interest and love for ‘My Dearest,’ which will premiere on August 4.”

“My Dearest” will air its first episode on August 4 at 9:50 p.m. KST. Check out a teaser for the drama here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1604003wpp/namgoong-min-leans-in-for-a-kiss-with-ahn-eun-jin-in-romantic-new-poster-for-my-dearest

20230801113522_namgoong-min-900%C3%97600Namgoong Min Dishes On His Upcoming Historical Drama “My Dearest”

Aug 2, 2023

Namgoong Min has talked about his character in MBC’s upcoming drama “My Dearest”!

Set in the Joseon dynasty, “My Dearest” is a historical romance drama about the love story between a man named Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min), who has declared that he will not marry, and a woman named Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin), who dreams of finding love again even after two failed marriages.

Namgoong Min stars as Lee Jang Hyun, a mysterious man who suddenly appears in Neunggeun Village’s high society one day. After experiencing an unimaginable tragedy, he no longer finds anything interesting in life, but he is strongly attracted to a woman named Yoo Gil Chae, who has a strong will to live that he does not have.

When asked about his character, Namgoong Min explained, “Originally, Lee Jang Hyun is a character who’s very pessimistic about love. He thinks of love as something that can be fun, like a prank, but can also be lost in an instant. I think it will be interesting for viewers to see how this Lee Jang Hyun changes after meeting Yoo Gil Chae.”

He continued, “For example, Lee Jang Hyun, who previously didn’t pay attention to anything that didn’t benefit him, starts doing so for Yoo Gil Chae and because of Yoo Gil Chae. I think that what is most appealing about Lee Jang Hyun is the fact that he is a character who discovers love, then changes and grows because of it.”

namgoong-min-1.jpeg

Describing his portrayal of the character, Namgoong Min shared, “One of the most important aspects of playing various characters is to create a look and style that fits the character. I have been paying a lot of attention to my appearance in this drama because I think it is important to make sure that I look the part so that I can concentrate on my acting.”

He added, “Also, since it was my first historical drama in 10 years, the tone, atmosphere, and behavior felt unfamiliar, so I made a lot of effort to adjust certain things to my own style.”

namgoong-min-2.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1604495wpp/namgoong-min-dishes-on-his-upcoming-historical-drama-my-dearest

• Like 1

Spoiler

Namgoong Min’s Gaze Burns Brightly Despite The Hardships Of Battle In “My Dearest”

Namgoong Min’s Gaze Burns Brightly Despite The Hardships Of Battle In “My Dearest”

MBC’s “My Dearest” has teased new stills of Namgoong Min ahead of the premiere!

In the newly released stills, Lee Jang Hyun is standing alone alongside the seashore while covered in blood. Using his long blade to support himself as he gets up, he sends a piercing gaze toward something and runs to it. Lee Jang Hyun’s blood-splattered face and attire as well as his disheveled hair raise questions about what hardships he faced during wartime.

Namgoong-Min-2-1.jpegNamgoong-Min-4.jpeg

Despite his haggard appearance, Lee Jang Hyun captivates with his bright eyes and charisma, making viewers wonder what led him to be in such a situation, which will be Lee Jang Hyun’s first appearance in episode 1.

Namgoong-Min-1-1.jpeg

The production team introduced Lee Jang Hyun as an extremely charming lead who only loves one woman. They added, “No one but Namgoong Min could portray such a character as charming as Lee Jang Hyun,” asking viewers to anticipate the actor’s upcoming performance on the small screen.

“My Dearest” will premiere on August 4 at 9:50 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1604944wpp/namgoong-mins-gaze-burns-brightly-despite-the-hardships-of-battle-in-my-dearest

Namgoong Min, Ahn Eun Jin, Lee Hak Joo, And Lee Da In Dish On Their Chemistry On Set Of “My Dearest”

Aug 3, 2023
by S. Nam

The cast of MBC’s “My Dearest” talked about their chemistry!

Set in the Joseon dynasty, “My Dearest” is a historical romance drama about the love story between a man named Lee Jang Hyun (Namgoong Min), who has declared that he will not marry, and a woman named Yoo Gil Chae (Ahn Eun Jin), who dreams of finding love again even after two failed marriages. Lee Hak Joo plays Nam Yeon Joon, a promising Confucian student studying at Sungkyunkwan, while Lee Da In plays Kyung Eun Ae, Nam Yeon Joon’s fiancée and Yoo Gil Chae’s best friend.

Check out their comments below!

Namgoong Min

Namgoong-Min-1-.jpeg

Namgoong Min shared, “Actress Ahn Eun Jin showcased the bubbly and lovable charms of the character Gil Chae through her own style. Thanks to that, we were able to act out the romance without any difficulty.”

He continued, “I am also filming well with actors Lee Hak Joo and Lee Da In while being considerate of each other. I had the thought that it would be nice to meet actor Lee Hak Joo through a project once, and I am anticipating how [his performance] will appear through the broadcast because I think the character of Nam Yeon Joon that he takes on in ‘My Dearest’ fits well with his own personality. I am also connected to actress Lee Da In through the project ‘Doctor Prisoner‘ from four years ago, and I was really happy to meet again for the first time in a long while, and we are filming enjoyably with great chemistry.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1605019wpp/namgoong-min-ahn-eun-jin-lee-hak-joo-and-lee-da-in-dish-on-their-chemistry-on-set-of-my-dearest

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 1 :).

“My Dearest” And “The First Responders 2” Kick Off Fierce Ratings Battle With Strong Premieres

“My Dearest” And “The First Responders 2” Kick Off Fierce Ratings Battle With Strong Premieres

Two new dramas got off to promising starts last night!

On August 4, both MBC’s “My Dearest” and SBS’s “The First Responders 2” aired their highly-anticipated premieres.

“My Dearest,” a new historical romance drama starring Namgoong Min and Ahn Eun Jin, premiered to higher viewership ratings than the all-time high of its predecessor “Numbers” (the drama that previously occupied its time slot). According to Nielsen Korea, the first episode of “My Dearest” scored an average nationwide rating of 5.4 percent—already managing to beat the personal record of 4.7 percent achieved by “Numbers” with just its premiere.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1605359wpp/my-dearest-and-the-first-responders-2-kick-off-fierce-ratings-battle-with-strong-premieres