Jang Dong Gun 장동건

Admin

April 23, 2018

Korean version of ‘Suits’ set to air

A Korean remake of the popular US drama series “Suits” aims to focus on interpretation rather than imitation, making the series more relatable to a Korean audience. 

The Wednesday-Thursday series on KBS2 revolves around the relationship between legendary lawyer Choi Kang-suk and rookie lawyer Go Yeon-woo, played by Jang Dong-gun and Park Hyung-sik, respectively. Choi hires Go as an associate lawyer, even though he isn’t qualified for the job, valuing his photographic memory. 

Jang Dong-gun (left) and Park Hyung-sik pose for photos at a media briefing held Monday at Times Square mall in Yeongdeungpo-gu, Seoul. (Yonhap)

“The drama is a character play. The series will be different from other Korean dramas, making the characters stand out,” director Kim Jin-woo said at a media briefing held Monday in western Seoul. “The episodes are focused on highlighting the characters’ charms.”

Jang and Park are to show off their “bromance” chemistry. From the first meeting, the director was satisfied with the harmony of the two. 

Park was attracted by the relationship between the two main characters, after watching the original series. 

“I was overwhelmed at first when I cast for the role, due to the enormous amount of lines,” he said. “But I was charmed by the chemistry between characters and the catchy lines.” 

Jang stopped watching the first season, worried he might unconsciously copy the “exceptionally charming” character. “Suits” marks Jang‘s return to the small screen after a six-year break. He explained his choice of work, saying, “As my recent works have been dark and sad, I wanted to do something light.” 

While some doubt whether the remake series will be able to capture the wit of the original, the director displayed his confidence.

“We hope to interpret, not to imitate. If it’s too Korean, the original charms might fade away and if we just mimic the original work, it might not suit us. We are working on finding the right level,” the director said. “I am curious what viewers will think of the drama.”

The 16-part legal drama is set to air its first episode on Wednesday 10 p.m. on KBS2. 

By Im Eun-byel (silverstar@heraldcorp.com

Photos: HIGH CUT @highcutstar

April 23, 2018

Korean adaptation of 'Suits' adds local color to popular U.S. drama

By Woo Jae-yeon

SEOUL, April 23 (Yonhap) -- The highly-anticipated Korean adaptation of American legal drama "Suits" is set to premiere Wednesday. On the same day, the popular series will broadcast its season 7 finale in the U.S.

Premiered in June 2011 on the cable network USA, the U.S. series is being remade overseas for the first time in Korea. Its second announced redo is the Arabic adaptation.

Park Sung-hye, CEO of the Seoul-based production company Monster Union, said during a press event in Seoul on Monday that the company had been planning for several years to produce the remake.

She added that the company has been incredibly lucky to cast two actors -- Jang Dong-gun and Park Hyung-sik -- who will play an unlikely legal ensemble in the critically acclaimed New York-based legal drama.

Actors Jang Dong-gun (L) and Park Hyung-sik attend a press event for "Suits" in Seoul on April 23, 2018. (Yonhap)

Actors Jang Dong-gun (L) and Park Hyung-sik attend a press event for "Suits" in Seoul on April 23, 2018. (Yonhap)

Jang will play Choi Kang-seok, the Korean version of Harvey Specter, the legendary, charismatic hotshot lawyer who works at the country's top law firm. Park will take the role of Choi's partner, Koh Yeon-woo, the Korean Mike Ross, who is hired by Choi as his personal associate for his photographic memory and high intelligence even though he has no license to practice law.

Actor Jang, 46, is returning to the small screen after he last appeared in the 20-episode "A Gentleman's Dignity" on SBS in 2012.

After appearing in a series of dark crime thrillers, including "Seven Years of Night" and "V.I.P.," in recent years, the actor said he wanted to be in a "more upbeat and bright" drama or film.

"I decided to join the drama without watching the original series. Then I watched the show and found it very interesting and appealing," he said. "I stopped watching midway through the first season because I was afraid of unwittingly copying the character."

Emphasizing the importance of the drama's localization to appeal to the local audience, he said, "There are natural changes in the characters and revisions to reflect Korean law and legal situations."

A poster for "Suit" in this image provided by KBS 2TV. (Yonhap)

A poster for "Suit" in this image provided by KBS 2TV. (Yonhap)

The idol-turned-actor Park, a member of boy group ZE:A, expressed anticipation to work together with senior actor Jang and said he would do his best to demonstrate bromance, an essential element to depict how the legal duo works closely together to close cases.

The charm and power of characters will play a very important role in making the show successful, said producer Kim Jin-woo.

"Characters play a crucial role in storytelling, so it is really important for me to make the characters relatable. All the episodes are created in the way that they support and explain the characters," he said.

While acknowledging the pressure to remake the highly successful American show, he said the Korean version would have merit in its own unique way.

"We don't want to copy but to interpret (the original) in our own way," he said, adding he tried to strike a balance between keeping to the original storyline and trying to instill Korean color and originality into the adaptation.

The 16-episode drama will go on air at 10 p.m. on KBS 2TV Wednesday.

jaeyeon.woo@yna.co.kr

Cast Of “Suits” Talks About Transforming Into Their Characters, Perfect Chemistry, And More

Suits-XPN.jpg

The cast of upcoming KBS 2TV’s “Suits” attended a press conference for their drama.

See Also: Park Hyung Sik Compares "Hwarang" Bromance To That Of "Suits"

“Suits” is a remake of the popular U.S. series about a legendary lawyer at Korea’s top law firm who hires a genius without a college degree or law license as his associate.

On April 23, producing director (PD) Kim Jin Woo, Jang Dong Gun, Park Hyung SIk, Jin Hee Kyung, Chae Jung An, Go Sung Hee, and Choi Gwi Hwa attended the event at Yeoungdeungpo Times Square in Seoul.

Director of KBS Headquarters Hwang Yong Ho described the series as “KBS’s most anticipated drama of 2018” and said, “Korea’s top two actors, Jang Dong Gun and Park Hyung Sik, will appear in it. I think the synergy of the two men will be the focal point. I’m confident that it will give satisfaction to the viewers.”

CEO of production company Monster Union Park Sung Hae said, “‘Suits’ is a project that we’ve worked on for a while since the beginning of our company’s establishment. Luckily, we were able to do it with our first choice of actors for the cast. We won’t just stop at being the most anticipated drama, but will become the most talked-about drama as well.”

Many people are wondering how the Korean drama will remake this popular U.S. series that is currently in its seventh season. PD Kim Jin Woo said, “It’s the point we’re most worried about. We said that we should interpret it instead of imitating it. If we change it to make it overtly Korean, then it could damage the sentiments of the original series. If we try to imitate or copy it, then it could not match with our culture.”

When asked if the Korean series will also be aired in seasons, he replied, “For seasonal shows, the timing and many other factors have to match up in order for it to work out. It may not work even if just one condition isn’t met. It’s hard to answer that right now.”

Suits2-XPN.jpg

“Suits” will be Jang Dong Gun’s return to TV screens after six years. He’ll play a legendary lawyer named Choi Kang Suk at Korea’s top law firm Kang & Ham. This character has got it all, including skills and charm, and is an all-around cool guy.

Comparing himself to his character, Jang Dong Gun said, “We’re similar in everything [such as] skills, wealth, confidence, and wit, so it wasn’t hard while acting. I’m in the process of adding to my degree of wit. I’m working on it in my everyday life.”

On working with Park Hyung Sik who is 19 years younger than him, he said, “We get along well to the point where I don’t feel the age difference. He could feel uncomfortable because I’m a senior, but that’s not the case. The characters in the drama are always that way. If I’m dissatisfied with something and point it out, his character doesn’t get discouraged and just does it. There’s a part of him that’s like that in real life.”

Jang-Dong-Gun-XPN.jpg

Park Hyung Sik plays the character Go Yeon Woo, a genius who has a photographic memory and a great ability to empathize with others. He said, “When I first received the script and saw the difficult lines, I worried if I could do a good job. However, after I watched the original series, I was drawn to the unique, refreshing bromance, so I decided to appear in it.”

He revealed that working with Jang Dong Gun was also a factor that made him want to chose the role. Park Hyung Sik added, “At first, it was scary to fist bump him as a greeting, but now I first put out my fist whenever I see him. Even though we have a 19-year-age difference, I’m comfortable enough with him to call him hyung [older brother]. We don’t stop chatting during the break time.”

This isn’t the first time Jang Dong Gun has appeared in a drama centered around a bromance. Comparing “A Gentleman’s Dignity” to “Suits,” he confidently stated, “I’ll be able to show a bromance not between friends, but between a senior and a junior.”

Spoiler

Chae Jung An will appear as the skillful legal secretary Hong Da Ham. Although she bickers with Jang Dong Gun, the pair will show off perfect teamwork.

The actress said, “She may be a secretary, but she’s someone who needs charisma to lead Choi Kang Suk. She seems like a cool modern woman, but actually has a warm heart. I’m working on portraying that part.”

Go Sung Hee will appear as the intelligent paralegal named Kim Ji Na. She is excellent at her job and is knowledgable. She described her paralegal role as “someone who helps the lawyers with legal knowledge.” She added, “My character is someone who gets angry a lot, so I thought about how to get angry in a fun way.”

Jin Hee Kyung appears as Kang Ha Yeon, who is a partner and senior attorney at Kang & Ham. As a head of the firm, she’s a character who is able to lead the other characters who all have strong personalities.

She said, “I like that all of the other actors are cool. Jang Dong Gun leads the atmosphere and Park Hyung Sik creates a fun atmosphere.”

Choi Gwi Hwa plays lawyer Chae Geun Sik who tries hard to beat Choi Kang Suk, but loses every time. Up until now, the actor has portrayed strong characters such as gangsters.

He said, “He’s highly educated compared to characters I’ve played in the past. I don’t think it’ll be hard if I follow what’s written on the script. He’s someone that’s ordinary amongst geniuses. I gained 13 kilograms [approximately 28.7 pounds] for this role.

My body isn’t the type to gain weight easily, so it was difficult and nauseating. In the end, I’m glad that I gained the weight and think it helped me while acting.”

Jang Dong Gun concluded, “I don’t know a lot about viewership ratings because I’m lacking a sense of the reality these days.

They say that it’s a good start if the first episode reaches 8 percent. They say that it’s difficult to surpass 20 percent, so if we surpass 15 percent, then I’ll appear in a second season.”

“Suits” will premiere on April 25 at 10 p.m. KST. In the meantime, check out its teasers here and here!

Suits4-XPN.jpg

Source (1) / soompi news

New TV drama 'Suits'

PYH2018042311880034100_P2.jpg

Jang Dong-gun, who stars in the new KBS-2 drama "Suits," poses during a showcase at the TV station's offices in Seoul on April 23, 2018. The first episode of the courtroom drama will be released on April 25. (Yonhap) (END)

Jang Dong Gun And Park Hyung Sik Personally Pick What To Look Forward To In “Suits”

Jang-Dong-Gun-Park-Hyung-Sik3.jpg

Jang Dong Gun and Park Hyung Sik have personally chosen what viewers should keep an eye on while enjoying their upcoming drama “Suits”!

See Also: Lee Yi Kyung To Make Special Cameo Appearance On "Suits"

KBS’s new Wednesday-Thursday drama “Suits” is set to premiere on April 25. Anticipation is high for the remake of the popular U.S. series and many are excited to see the stories that unfold in the stylish law firm office drama. Jang Dong Gun and Park Hyung Sik will be playing the two leading roles, and they were each asked to pick a key point for their drama. Here are their choices!

Jang Dong Gun – “The bromance of two guys who are more similar than people think”

Jang-Dong-Gun2.jpg

“Suits” will center around the bromance between Jang Dong Gun (Choi Kang Suk) and Park Hyung Sik (Go Yeon Woo). The announcement that the two actors had been cast in the roles was met with excitement, and Jang Dong Gun chose the two characters’ relationship as something to watch.

He explained their dynamics with a simple, “It’s a bromance where they seem to be so different, but they’re actually quite similar.”

Jang Dong Gun’s Choi Kang Suk is a successful lawyer who exudes a relaxed charisma. Park Hyung Sik’s Go Yeon Woo has an incredible memory and ability to connect with people. At first glance, the two appear to be very different. However, they are both highly intelligent and so charming that they steal the show wherever they go.

Spoiler

Park Hyung Sik – “Directing, chemistry, intention, meaning..” Anticipation for the birth of a stylish drama

“Suits” will be a remake of the popular U.S. legal drama of the same name. The cast and crew of the original series have already expressed their excitement to see how the story is reinterpreted to fit a Korean audience. Park Hyun Sik stated that it will be interesting for viewers to keep an eye on the differences between the upcoming drama and the original.

He continued to add, “I think it would be special to also take note of the actors’ chemistry, the directing, the screenwriter’s intentions, and the overall meaning of the show.” This response fit well with viewers’ expectations that the drama will not only be a sight to enjoy with its stylish looks, but it will also be the start of a drama, the likes of which have not been seen before.

What does a “suit” mean to Jang Dong Gun and Park Hyung Sik?

Even the title is “Suits.” In the drama, the two men wear fitted suits and face the world as lawyers. A suit can be significant in different ways depending on how a person perceives it. So what do the suits in the drama mean to Jang Dong Gun and Park Hyung Sik?

Jang Dong Gun replied, “A man’s pride,” while Park Hyung Sik said, “A choice.” He went on to explain, “Whenever we have to leave the house, we have to choose what outfits we’re going to wear. Yeon Woo wearing a suit is a reflection of the choices me makes amidst all of the many thoughts and concerns he has.” Just like their characters, Jang Dong Gun and Park Hyung Sik gave answers that were different, but both honest and impactful as well.

KBS’s “Suits” will premiere on April 25 at 10 p.m. KST.

Source (1) / soompi news

Spoiler

Lawyers to wear tailored ‘Suits’ in Korea

By Im Eun-byel

Veteran Jang Dong-gun and hotshot Park Hyung-sik to show off ‘bromance’

A Korean remake of the popular US drama series “Suits” aims to focus on interpretation rather than imitation, making the series more relatable to a Korean audience.

The Wednesday-Thursday series on KBS2 revolves around the relationship between legendary lawyer Choi Kang-suk and rookie lawyer Go Yeon-woo, played by Jang Dong-gun and Park Hyung-sik, respectively. Choi hires Go as an associate lawyer, even though he isn’t qualified for the job, valuing his photographic memory. 

20180423000897_0.jpg

“The drama is a character play. The series will be different from other Korean dramas, making the characters stand out,” director Kim Jin-woo said at a media briefing held Monday in western Seoul. “The episodes are focused on highlighting the characters’ charms.”

Despite a 20-year age difference, the two actors showed good chemistry, casually playing around at the briefing.

From the first meeting, the director was satisfied with the harmony between the two. He recounted, “I just looked at them and it looked great. From then, I was sure of my choice.”

Park, a 26-year-old singer-turned-actor who has mainly starred in romantic comedy dramas, was attracted by the relationship between the two male characters, after watching the original series.

“I was overwhelmed at first when cast for the role, due to the enormous amount of lines,” he said. “But the chemistry between the characters and the catchy lines attracted me.”

While the original show is currently in its seventh season, Jang stopped watching the first season, worried he might unconsciously copy the “exceptionally charming” character.

“Suits” marks the 46-year-old actor’s return to the small screen after a six-year break. He explained his choice of work, saying, “As my recent work has been dark and sad, I wanted to do something light.”

While some doubt whether the remade series will be able to capture the wit of the original, the director displayed his confidence.

“We hope to interpret, not to imitate. If it’s too Korean, the original charms might fade away and if we just mimic the original work, it might not suit us. We are working on finding the right level,” the director said. “I am curious what viewers will think of the drama.”

The first episode of the 16-part legal drama is set to air Wednesday at 10 p.m. on KBS2.

By Im Eun-byel (silverstar@heraldcorp.com)

Actor Jang Dong-gun talks about suits in press event for 'Suits'

SEOUL, April 24 (Yonhap) -- A press event for the Korean adaptation of the American TV series "Suits" took place in Seoul on April 23, 2018.

Actors Jang Dong-gun and idol-turned-actor Park Hyung-sik will play a formidable legal ensemble in the drama.

Jang will play Choi Kang-seok, the Korean version of Harvey Specter, the legendary, charismatic hotshot lawyer who works at the country's top law firm. Park will take the role of Choi's partner, Koh Yeon-woo, the Korean Mike Ross, who is hired by Choi as his personal associate for his photographic memory and high intelligence even though he has no license to practice law.

The 16-episode drama will air at 10 p.m. on KBS 2TV on April 25.

(END)

credit : Yonhap News

*** I am so excited to watch JDG’s drama again. It's been so long! Definitely expecting a lot from “Suits”. I'm HYPED up and ready. :lol:

Premiere Watch: Suits, Mistress

premiere_suitsmistress.jpg

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/04/premiere-watch-suits-mistress/

suits holds press conference

su7.jpg?w=620&h=936

Suits held its press conference on April 24 and of course, the men were in suits. Urgh. Park Hyung Sik ruined a perfectly good suit with that horrible white shirt – or is it a blouse? Which is why I decided to feature a back-view shot of he and Jang Dong Gun for the main pic. The ladies were all dressed up, too, and well, I hope they do manage to hold their own with their spiffy male counterparts.

But I’m definitely gonna check out Suits for the bromance since the two actors seems to have a nice rapport going. The drama will premiere April 25 on KBS.

su1.jpg?w=620

su9.jpg

su8.jpg

*** I'm really looking forward to this drama. I'm so excited for this! :lol:

“Suits” Previews Love-Hate Relationship Between Jang Dong Gun And Choi Gwi Hwa

Jang-Dong-Gun-Choi-Gwi-Hwa1.jpg

With less than a day left before its premiere, KBS 2TV drama “Suits” has released stills of actors Choi Gwi Hwa and Jang Dong Gun.

See Also: Park Hyung Sik Reveals Why He Chose To Act In "Suits" And How He's Preparing For His Role

“Suits” is a remake of the popular U.S. series and is about a legendary lawyer at Korea’s top law firm who hires a genius without a college degree or law license as his associate.

One of the reasons why “Suits” is being described as one of the most anticipated dramas of 2018 is because of its three-dimensional characters and their unpredictable chemistry.

Viewers were previously given a glimpse at the relationships between Choi Kang Suk (played by Jang Dong Gun) and Go Yeon Woo (played by Park Hyung Sik), Choi Kang Suk and Hong Da Hang (played by Chae Jung An), and Go Eun Woo and Kim Ji Na (played by Go Sung Hee).

On April 24, the drama revealed photos of Choi Kang Suk and Chae Geun Sik (played by Choi Gwi Hwa) that showcase these two characters’ unique chemistry.

Choi Kang Suk is a brilliant lawyer who’s talented, skillful, and handsome. He’s got it all and steals the attention of everyone around him. Overwhelmed with jealousy towards his co-worker, Chae Geun Sik is always in a one-sided war with him.

Choi-Gwi-Hwa-Jang-Dong-Gun.jpg

Chae Geun Sik is also a skilled lawyer at their firm Kang & Ham, but is unfortunately always one step behind his nemesis. Even though he always loses, he never gives up and continues to have a “Tom and Jerry”-like dynamic with Choi Kang Suk.

A source from the drama said, “This is the one relationship that you should not forget to see in our drama. Choi Kang Suk and Chae Geun Sik are both characters with different appealing points. At a law firm where various emotions of power, love, and ambition prevail, these two have a ‘Tom and Jerry’-like relationship. ‘Suits’ will be more fun with their chemistry as well as the acting skills of these two actors. We hope you look forward to it and will show a lot of interest.”

“Suits” will premiere on April 25 at 10 p.m. KST. In the meantime, watch the latest teasers here and here!

Source (1) / soompi news

*** TODAY, April 25 is D-DAY! :lol:

[V Report Plus] Jang Dong-gun vows second season of ‘Suits’

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20180424

Jang Don-gun, Park Hyung-sik, Ko Sung-hee and Chae Jung-an, the main cast members of upcoming KBS drama “Suits,” communicated with fans in a live broadcast held via Naver’s V app Monday.

During the broadcast, the actors were asked what the most difficult thing was during the filming.

Jang pointed to his trouble with having so many lines. “There are court scenes in which I have to speak alone for about four minutes. As I should film it from different angles, I got a sore throat. It is difficult to say the lines casually.”

Park agreed, “As (my character) is a genius, I have to speak as if I’m getting the information right from my head, not trying to remember things. My memory got better thanks to this work.”

In the broadcast, they were also asked to make a promise on the condition the legal drama draws over 15 percent viewership ratings.

As he had to answer in four syllables, Jang said, “Season two, go?”

The drama series is a remake of the popular American TV series of the same title, which premiered in June 2011 on cable network USA. It is being remade overseas for the first time in Korea.

The Korean version of “Suits” is set to premiere on Wednesday.

credit : http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201804242012357633301_2

*** I’m happy that his drama “Suits” is off to a great start! According to Nielsen Korea, the premiere EP recorded viewership ratings of 7.4 percent nationwide. But, I hope this will increase as the EP progresses.  I read that “Suits” also notably premiered in first place, beating out its SBS and MBC competitors. :lol:

"Suits" The Jang Dong-gun Effect

photo968989.jpg

The new KBS 2TV drama "Suits" tells the story of legendary lawyer Choi Kang-seok (Jang Dong-gun) and super rookie lawyer with excellent memory Ko Yeon-woo (Park Hyung-sik).

Choi Kang-seok visited Ko Yeon-woo in prison. How did they get to meet? Choi Kang-seok in a suit was the perfect specimen of a human being.

Choi Kang-seok's charisma is as strong as his ambitions. He doesn't let his emotions overcome him and sees situations with incredible rationality.

Choi Kang-seok also has the guts to make deals with the country's leading politicians. Kang-seok said, "My father used to ask me what kind of card I want to be and I answered, 'I don't want to be someone else's card, but I want to be the person to hold that card.' I didn't choose a card yet and I still have many options".

Kang-seok is an impressive character that explains a character's dreams, abilities and personality. Kang-seok meets Ko Yeon-woo, a young "card", and working with him brings about an amazing partnership.

Jang Dong-gun managed to portray Choi Kang-seok with finesse and control. His comeback to drama has been successful.

Source : tvdaily.asiae.co.kr/r...

Translation : Hancinema

*** I read that “Suits” continues its steady position at the top of its time slot! According to Nielsen Korea, just like the April 25 broadcast of “Suits” the 2nd EP, which was April 26 brought in viewership ratings of 7.4 percent nationwide.  I'm happy that the show continued to be first place in its Wednesday-Thursday evening time slot. :lol:

*** I'm glad that his drama had a successful start.  I hope “Suits” may achieve double-digit ratings soon! I hope ratings continue to climb up. So far, one of the most appealing parts of the drama is the bromance between the (2) male leads. Not only on-cam but we can see it in some of their behind-the-scenes photos. They look so comfortable with each other.  The first (2) EPs were AMAZING!  JDG is wonderful! He never disappoints... I haven't watched the US version but the K-remake showcases a charming ensemble.  For someone who hadn't watched the original for me, this one comes off as a strong K-drama. Everything about this drama is stylish especially the wardrobe. So far, the drama is fast-paced, it's moving along. It seems that there are so many things to look forward to. I'm excited to see where the story line is heated. I enjoy watching this remake.  :lol:

Jang Dong Gun And Jang Shin Young To Engage In A Battle Of Both Mind And Body In “Suits”

Jang-Dong-Gun-Jang-Shin-Young.jpg

Jang Dong Gun and Jang Shin Young are gearing up for a tense standoff!

See Also: Jang Dong Gun And Park Hyung Sik Reveal What Award They Want To Receive With "Suits"

KBS’s Wednesday-Thursday drama “Suits” has released new stills of Choi Kang Suk (played by Jang Dong Gun) and Na Joo Hee (played by Jang Shin Young) rock climbing together.

The photos show the duo at a climbing wall, and while Na Joo Hee is dressed for the occasion and decked out in full climbing gear, Choi Kang Suk is in a suit as he hadn’t expected he would be climbing that day. Despite this, he simply takes his jacket off and puts on his climbing gear to join Na Joo Hee.

Jang-Dong-Gun.jpg

Jang-Dong-Gun-1.jpg

It will be interesting to see why these two met at a climbing wall, especially as they used to be in a relationship and are now two lawyers fighting on opposite sides. The two will be locked in a fierce battle of wits in the upcoming episode, and how they interact with each other will change after what transpires.

Viewers will be able to find out what happens between Choi Kang Suk and Na Joo Hee, who meet for the first time in 13 years after breaking off their relationship, in the next episode of “Suits.” The drama airs every Wednesday and Thursday at 10 p.m. KST.

Source (1) / soompi news

“Suits” Holds On To Top Spot In Time Slot Despite Slight Decline In Ratings

suits-switch-hold-me-tight.jpg

“Suits” has held on to its top spot in viewership ratings among dramas in its time slot.

On May 10, Nielsen Korea released the viewership ratings for the May 9 episodes of Wednesday-Thursday dramas across all broadcasting stations. KBS 2TV’s “Suits” scored nationwide ratings of 8.9 percent, a small decline since the May 3 episode (9.7 percent).

However, “Suits” has maintained the top spot in its time slot since its premiere on April 25, making this its third consecutive week there, but has not yet cracked the 10 percent ceiling.

Meanwhile, SBS’s “Switch” garnered ratings of 4.7 and 5.9 percent, while MBC’s “Hold Me Tight” scored 3.0 and 3.8 percent.

Source (1) / soompi news

"Suits" Jang Dong-gun Meets His Match

photo972951.jpg

On the latest episode of the KBS 2TV drama "Suits", Choi Kang-seok (Jang Dong-gun) and David Kim (Sukku Son) tried to get into each others' heads.

Choi Kang-seok met David Kim, a corporate lawyer from Noxi Chemical owned by Kang Ha-yeon, while he was preparing a defense for Yoomi Pharmaceuticals.

David Kim said, "I came to hit a home run at the end of the 9th inning. I want to deal with the ace here".

Choi Kang-seok didn't want to deal with David Kim, but when he mentioned the mock court at Harvard, he changed his mind. He went straight to Kang Ha-yeon and said he'd take over Noxi Chemicals.

Choi Kang-seok met David Kim to come to an agreement. David Kim handed him some papers saying, "This is the money we can give you", but on the paper was a swear word. Choi Kang-seok was infuriated.

David Kim purposely called in the victims in front of Choi Kang-seok and said, "We can give you 10 million won now. If you go to court, we don't know when you'll get your money". He threw money into the air and the victims scrambled to collect it.

Choi Kang-seok was a step behind David Kim who seemed to always know what his next move would be. Ko Yeon-woo said, "David moves like you and thinks like you. You should think in his shoes, too".

Choi Kang-seok took his advice and used a different method to face David Kim.

photo972952.jpg

Source : www.xportsnews.com/?a...

May 10, 2018

Local TV adaptations top ratings charts

Two Korean adaptations of American and British TV series dominated the weekly TV chart, data showed Wednesday.

“Suits” and “Mistress,” which premiered on April 25 on KBS2 and April 28 on OCN, received scores of 265.8 and 232.5 on the weekly Content Power Index (CPI) for April 23-29.

“Suits” is the remake of a popular American legal drama of the same name about an unlikely legal duo of a hotshot lawyer and his personal associate.

“Mistress” is the Korean adaptation of the popular British thriller “Mistresses” and revolves around four close female friends embroiled in a mysterious murder case.

The two series have received special interest from viewers because of the small-screen returns of two popular actors, Jang Dong-gun and Han Ga-in, each after a six-year hiatus.

The CPI, created by CJ E&M and Nielsen Korea, measures the level of popularity, social media trends and influence on consumer behavior of entertainment TV programs aired on three major terrestrial networks - MBC, SBS and KBS - and seven cable channels owned by CJ E&M, including tvN, Mnet and OCN, during prime time. JTBC, another cable network that airs some highly popular entertainment shows and dramas, was not included in the survey.

Yonhap

• 2 weeks later...

"Suits" Jin Hee-kyung Warns Jeon No-min Not to Touch Jang Dong-gun

https://photos.hancinema.net/photos/photo974995.jpg

On the latest episode of the KBS 2TV drama "Suits", Kang Ha-yeon (Jin Hee-kyung) prevented Investigator Oh (Jeon No-min) from bothering Choi Kang-suk's (Jang Dong-gun).

Kang Ha-yeon handed Investigator Oh a stack of papers about manipulated evidence from Hong Da-ham (Chae Jung-an).

Invesigator Oh was terrified and Kang Ha-yeon said, "It takes 30 minutes to get to your house. If you don't acknowledge the charges made to you and give up your job by then, I will do it personally".

"I warn you, don't touch Choi Kang-suk again. If I hear that you have anything to do with him again, I am going to send those papers to the Blue House".

Meanwhile, when Choi Kang-suk heard that investigator Investigator Oh had resigned, he realized who had caused it.

Source : sports.mk.co.kr/view....

*** I'm happy that “Suits” is still  the highest of all the shows that aired in the same time slot. :lol:

*** In case, I will be watching this drama for JDG. I hope he's taking this offer again. :lol:

Jang Dong Gun Offered Role In Drama That Song Joong Ki And Kim Ji Won Are In Talks For

Song-Joong-Ki-Jang-Dong-Gun-Kim-Ji-Won.j

We may be seeing Jang Dong Gun, Song Joong Ki, and Kim Ji Won working together soon!

Jang Dong Gun’s representative stated on May 24 that, “He has been given an offer to appear in a leading role in the upcoming drama ‘Asadal’ (working title). However, nothing is confirmed yet.” If he does accept the role, the actor may be working alongside Song Joong Ki and Kim Ji Won, both of whom are also in talks to appear in the drama.

Jang Dong Gun is currently starring in KBS’s Wednesday-Thursday drama “Suits” and with his portrayal of his character receiving positive reviews, many are already excited to see what he’ll do next.

“Asadal” will be co-written by Kim Young Hyun and Park Sang Yeon of “The Great Queen Seon Deok,” “Tree with Deep Roots,” and “Six Flying Dragons.” The drama will be directed by producing director (PD) Kim Won Suk, who has worked on the productions “Incomplete Life (Misaeng),” “Signal,” and most recently “My Ahjussi.”

“Asadal” is a fantasy period drama of power, love, and growth that takes place in the city of Asadal, which is said to have been the capital city of the Gojoseon era.

Source (1) (2) / soompi news

*** Last night's episode of “Suits” took the top spot in its time slot once again with ratings of 8.8% nationwide. This is a slight decrease from last week’s 9.6%, though. Despite, I'm happy that the drama has maintained the top spot throughout its entire run since its premiere. "Suits" is amazing!  I'm actually watching the drama - it's just that it's not continuous because of lack of time.  :lol:

*** For its last night's episode, “Suits” recorded viewership ratings of 9.8 percent nationwide. This is an increase from last episode, which was 8.8 percent. I hope it would reach into the double digits soon. I'm happy that “Suits” received again the highest viewership ratings of all the dramas in its time slot. I love the drama so far. :lol: