Jang Dong Gun 장동건

Admin

***  I read that the drama 'Arthdal Chronicles' is currently surrounded by controversy for allegedly mistreating staff. Hanbit Media Labor Rights Center announced tvN has not been providing satisfactory working conditions for staff. They claim that staff members of 'Arthdal Chronicles' have suffered from too long hours of labor. When it comes to filming abroad, staff worked over 20 hours a day. The drama is scheduled to premiere later this year. :o

• 2 weeks later...

*** Great to see him on the screen again after quite a while..... I'm sure it'll be a good drama & can't wait to see it. :P

Jang Dong Gun Is Stoic And Formidable In First Stills For Upcoming tvN Drama

c56d4fb73cae40afb964d23f1d99904e.jpeg?s=

tvN’s upcoming weekend drama “Arthdal Chronicles” (working title) has shared its first look at Jang Dong Gun as Ta Gon!

“Arthdal Chronicles” is a fantasy drama that tells the story of heroes in the mythical city of Arthdal. Jang Dong Gun will take on the role of Ta Gon, the son of the leader of one of the tribes in Arthdal.

The new stills show Jang Dong Gun looking like a warrior as he gazes upon the scenery with a glint in his eye. He is expressionless until his lips quirk up in a small smile, reflecting the confident aura that Ta Gon possesses. His leather and fur armor, as well as the metal details, make him look quite formidable.

Jang-Dong-Gun-1.jpg

Screenwriters Kim Young Hyun and Park Sang Yeon said, “Ta Gon is someone who isn’t very reactionary because he was raised to not show any emotion. He is one of the greatest talents that Arthdal has to offer, and though he carries a powerful sword, he prefers to wait things out with either a small smile or no expression at all.” They added, “Ta Gon hides his emotions for his own sake as well as for the sake of his people. In the end, what he fears most is himself.”

They continued to explain, “Ta Gon is both the character viewers will have the most sympathy for, as well as the most formidable and dangerous character. Jang Dong Gun has been perfectly portraying Ta Gon and his unreadable expressions, and every scene he’s in has an undercurrent of tension that viewers will also feel.”

The production staff stated, “From his first appearance, Jang Dong Gun will bring a confident Ta Gon to the drama. The cold gaze and confident smile of Ta Gon will be a side viewers have not seen of Jang Dong Gun till now, so we hope people will anticipate it.”

“Arthdal Chronicles” will be the follow-up drama to “Confession” and will premiere in June.

Source (1) / soompi news

Jang Dong-gun Makes a Transformation in "Arthdal Chronicles"

photo1055481.jpg

Jang Dong-gun's appearance in the tvN drama "Arthdal Chronicles" was revealed for the first time.

Jang Dong-gun plays Ta-gon, the son of the chief of the Saenyeo, an Arthdal tribe in "Arthdal Chronicles", a fateful story of heroes who create different legends.

A picture of Jang Dong-gun looking down from the top of a mountain was released on the 22nd. In the picture, Jang Dong-gun looks keen and sharp, but without showing his emotion. Then he smiles a little, as if he is sure of something, and completes the mountainous picture.

It's the visual that steals attention. Jang Dong-gun has long hair with a leather and fur armor and metal accessories.

Kim Yeong-hyeon and Park Sang-yeon who wrote "Arthdal Chronicles" explained, "He doesn't show reaction, unlike Song Joong-ki (Eun-seom), and he was raised to show no emotion. He's the most skillful character in Arthdal. He hides pain deep within his heart.

The reason why he endures without showing emotion is not for his own sake, but for the survival of many more people".

The writers said, "Ta-gon is the most sympathetic character, yet the most dangerous. Jang Dong-gun is doing an excellent job of portraying Ta-gon, who is unstable. We hope the real quality of Jang Dong-gun hidden behind his good looks meets Ta-gon and stands out. The scenes in which Jang Dong-gun appears carry great intensity".

photo1055479.jpg

photo1055480.jpg

"Arthdal Chronicles" is directed by Kim Won-seok, written by Kim Yeong-hyeon, Park Sang-yeon, and features Song Joong-ki, Jang Dong-gun, Kim Ji-won, Kim Ok-bin, Kim Eui-sung, Jo Sung-ha. Broadcasting information in Korea: 2019/06~Upcoming, on tvN.

Source : tenasia.hankyung.com/...

Translation : Hancinema

epic battle coming up…

screenshot-1263-e1556475191312.png?w=620

On the road again so pardon my sporadic updates. Despite my reservations about Arthdal Chronicles, it does come across as an epic adventure in the latest teaser. Jang Dong Gun is rocking his bandit-barbarian look and everyone else looks wild and crazy. It’s due in the summer which is just perfect timing, really. My anticipation has upped a few notches.

source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2019/04/29/epic-battle-coming-up/

• 2 weeks later...

*** He looks good. He doesn't aged at all. It means he's gaining muscle for this drama. :P

Jang Dong Gun reveals he bulked up by 8 kg for his role in 'Arthdal Chronicles'

20190514-jangdonggunjpg.jpg

Actor Jang Dong Gun will be transforming into the strongest warrior in all the land, for tvN's upcoming drama 'Arthdal Chronicles'. 

The upcoming blockbuster drama series, the first ever Korean drama to deal with fictional ancient history, depicts the tales of heroes who lived on the fictional land of Arth at the beginning of civilization. Actor Jang Dong Gun takes on the role of Tagon, the son of the head chief who presides over all clans of Arth. Tagon is known as a genius tactician, also in charge of a ferocious warrior legion. While he's heralded as a hero by his clan people, one day, Tagon faces a battle to the death against a strange warrior named Eunseom (Song Joong Ki). 

Regarding his first encounter with the script for 'Arthdal Chronicles', Jang Dong Gun revealed, "I was immediately immersed into an innovative new story and universe, and could not take my eyes away from the pages until the end."

As to why he chose to play the role of Tagon in the drama, Jang Dong Gun answered, "I was drawn by Tagon's character who experiences both the boundaries of good and evil, as well as sympathy." 

Finally, Jang Dong Gun showed both professionalism as well as great attention to detail in approaching his character Tagon, stating, "In order to perfect the shape of Arth's greatest warrior and leader, I bulked up by about 8 kg through working out. As Tagon progressed into greater leadership roles, I also changed my tones when reciting the lines." 

You can catch Jang Dong Gun as a charismatic warrior when tvN's 'Arthdal Chronicles' premieres this June 1 at 9 PM KST!

d6gauexuwaifqzwjpg.jpg

d6gauexuyaepi1tjpg.jpg

d6gaueyueauql8rjpg.jpg

Spoiler

d6gaueyuwaarsngjpg.jpg

source : allkpop

Spoiler

*** JDG is HOT here..............Waiting for this drama. He is a brilliant actor. :P

Jang Dong Gun Talks About Starring In “Arthdal Chronicles” And Bulking Up For His Role

6bcddf80b9dd42339c1cd19908042f55.jpeg?s=

Jang Dong Gun talked about his new role as Ta Gon in the upcoming tvN drama “Arthdal Chronicles,” which also stars Song Joong Ki and Kim Ji Won.

In “Arthdal Chronicles,” the fateful story of people in the city of Arthdal who create their own legends, the actor plays Ta Gon, the son of a tribal leader. Ta Gon led his people to victory in war when he was merely a teenager and was revered as a hero for dealing with rebelling tribes.

jang-dong-gun-1.jpg

Jang Dong Gun recalled the synopsis and script and said, “I quickly fell in love with the new worldview and story, and I couldn’t take my eyes off the last page.” He revealed the biggest reason why he chose to star in this drama was because it was an opportunity to work with the great writers, director, and actors. He explained, “I think I was attracted to the character of Ta Gon, who crosses the line between good and evil, and even felt compassion for him.”

Then Jang Dong Gun shared, “To create the appearance of the top Arthdal warrior and leader, I gained eight kilograms (approximately 17.6 pounds). Gradually, I changed my metabolic tone to suit the situation of Ta Gon, who grew into a powerful man.”

jang-dong-gun-2.jpg

The actor also talked about how viewers can best enjoy “Arthdal Chronicles,” saying, “If we let go of the historical facts or preconceptions that we are all familiar with, we can really immerse ourselves in the novelty of this drama and the interesting worldview.”

The production crew stated, “Jang Dong Gun is displaying a charismatic aura that doesn’t even need an explanation, and he’s perfectly playing Ta Gon in every shot. Please watch Jang Dong Gun, who has been reborn as Ta Gon, a born strategist and leader with sadness inside.”

jang-dong-gun-3.jpg

“Arthdal Chronicles” will premiere on June 1 at 9 p.m. KST. Watch the latest teaser here.

Source (1) / soompi news

*** I'm looking forward for this drama. Ye, Kim jiwon's face resembles to Jang dong gun - they're like siblings. :P

Watch: “Arthdal Chronicles” Cast Shares Excitement For The Drama In Teaser For Special Broadcast

f09b0e1fd62a495a880a2a4ea8080eec.jpeg?s=

tvN’s “Arthdal Chronicles” has released a preview for the special broadcast ahead of its premiere!

The new weekend drama “Arthdal Chronicles” will weave an exciting tale of heroes who create their own legends in the ancient land called Arth. Song Joong Ki will play Eun Seom, a member of the Wahan tribe, and Kim Ji Won will play Tan Ya, the guardian and shaman of the Wahan tribe.

The teaser begins with the captivating description, “tvN’s new legend is beginning.” The video then shows clips of the main leads Jang Dong Gun, Kim Ok Bin, Song Joong Ki, and Kim Ji Won briefly describing the upcoming fantasy drama.

Jang Dong Gun who plays Ta Gon, a warrior dreaming to conquer Arthdal for his own, starts off by saying, “Daebak.” Kim Ok Bin explains, “I was really surprised,” and the teaser cuts off to a scene in which her ambitious character Taeilha is threatened with a knife at her throat.

Song Joong Ki and Kim Ji Won appear next, and they sincerely explain, “It is a fascinating and foreign story,” followed by short close-up shots of their characters in action. Finally, the leads appear once more, stating, “‘Arthdal Chronicles,’ the beginning of all the legends in the world,” and Song Joong Ki asks the viewers to tune into the upcoming adventure chronicle.

The full interviews and behind-the-scenes footage will be revealed in a special broadcast on May 26 at 9 p.m. KST ahead of the premiere on June 1.

Watch the teaser for the special broadcast below and check out their main poster here!

credit : soompi news

Song Joong-ki, Lee Jung-jae and Jang Dong-gun Return With Makjang-Free Weekend Dramas

photo1065607.jpg

A fresh wave of weekend dramas is coming.

Most weekend dramas were somewhat 'dramatic' until now. Centering around family stories, the main character went through various obstacles and they found a happy ending with those obstacles being resolved slowly throughout the episodes.

However, recent dramas are going to be different. There are legal dramas, medical dramas and other such exciting genres, but they also bring diversity with comedy and history. In addition there is the scale of these dramas with top stars in the line-up.

■ TvN: Song Joong-ki's "Arthdal Chronicles"

photo1065608.jpg

"Arthdal Chronicles" is coming on the 1st of June and it's been very much anticipated for several reasons. "Arthdal Chronicles" is the stories of heroes with different legends and the cast is made up of Song Joong-ki, Jang Dong-gun, Kim Ji-won, Kim Ok-bin, Kim Eui-sung and more.

Song Joong-ki plays Eun Seom, born with the energy of the catastrophic Blue Star, and Kim Ji-won plays Tanya, who can tell fortune and was born with the energy of the catastrophic Blue Comet. Jang Dong-gun is Tagon, an Arthdal war hero who dreams of becoming Arthdal's first king. Kim Ok-bin plays Tae Al-ha, the first queen of Arthdal.

The production is made up of some pretty talented people like producer Kim Won-seok and writers Kim Yeong-hyeon and Park Sang-yeon. The second season is already in progress.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Source : sports.hankooki.com/l...

credit : Hancinema

*** I hope this drama will be doing well. I hope viewers will love it. I'm excited to see JDG again in the small screen. Can't wait for this drama. :P

“Arthdal Chronicles” Writers Reveal Why They Cast Song Joong Ki, Jang Dong Gun, And Kim Ji Won

9d774dfac3b84315834fcdb12a04eaf4.jpeg?s=

The stars and writers of tvN’s “Arthdal Chronicles” shared behind-the-scenes stories about their drama!

On May 26, the upcoming series aired a special episode introducing viewers to “Arthdal Chronicles,” including interviews with the cast and production staff.

As for Jang Dong Gun, who plays the character of Ta Gon in the drama, writer Kim Young Heon remarked, “I wondered how his good looks had managed to create that kind of aura.” Writer Park Sang Yeon added that when Jang Dong Gun had been younger, people had often paid more attention to his handsome face than his acting skills, but that along with his aura, his talent was now beginning to shine through more and more.

Arthdal-Chronicles11.jpg

Jang Dong Gun revealed that he gained about 8 kilograms (approximately 18 pounds) for the drama. He said, “Ta Gon has the image of a warrior in ancient times, so I thought that I should bulk up. Through exercise, I gained about 8 kilograms.”

Speaking about his co-star Jang Dong Gun, Song Joong Ki remarked, “He’s usually the king of being considerate, but the look in his eyes changes when he transforms into Ta Gon. I was mesmerized by the aura of actor Jang Dong Gun.”

“Arthdal Chronicles” premieres on June 1. Check out the latest teaser for the drama here!

Source (1) / soompi news

*** New character posters have been released for tvN’s historical fantasy "Arthdal Chronicles" - For JDG, it shows him atop a seat of power. That's a NICE Iron Throne he's sitting on. This tvN’s upcoming Saturday-Sunday drama, "Arthdal Chronicles", will be airing its first episode on June 1. Can't wait! I hope it would be awesome & fun! Wait & see................... since it's a highly hyped drama. I hope it lives up to the hype... I hope it will be good. I don’t want to set my expectations TOO HIGH, but how you can not when JDG is there. The casting is great. I still have no idea what to expect from this, though. :P Biased aside, among the character posters of the four main leads, Jang Dong Gun has the best one.

AC-J.jpg