Jang Dong Gun 장동건

Admin

On 6/12/2018 at 12:15 AM, mabelialong said:

sbs drama MODEL 1997

Hi mabelialong, thanks for sharing this. I wasn't able to watch this old drama where he was in. :lol: There were few dramas where he starred in, unlike in movies. Although, I prefer him doing dramas since of longer time to see him on the small screen. JDG has the unfortunate fate of dying in movies often. 

*** According to Nielsen Korea, the June 13 episode of “Suits” achieved 9.1 percent nationwide viewership ratings. This is a 0.1 percent decrease from the previous episode, which achieved 9.2 percent. This drama was the only series that aired last night, June 13 as the other (2) dramas with the same time slot were cancelled due to election coverage. I'm glad that the drama has maintained its lead as first in its time slot.  It achieved its highest viewership ratings with 9.9 percent in one of its previous EPs. It's seems that this drama has just begun - but, “Suits” will be airing its final episode already tonight, June 14 at 10 p.m. KST. :lol:

Park Hyung Sik And Jang Dong Gun Describe What Viewers Should Watch Out For In Final Episodes Of “Suits”

Park-Hyung-Sik-Jang-Dong-Gun.jpg

With two episodes remaining, “Suits” actors Jang Dong Gun and Park Hyung Sik have shared what they think viewers should watch out for as their drama comes to an end.

See Also: "Suits" Hovers On The Brink Of Double-Digit Ratings With Its Penultimate Episode

In last week’s episode, the storyline became more exciting as Choi Kang Suk (played by Jang Dong Gun) and Go Yeon Woo (played by Park Hyung Sik) faced a crisis together.

Choi Kang Suk was the one responsible for the lawsuits filed against himself as well as the law firm Kang & Ham, which also showed a possibility of a shift in Choi Kang Suk and Go Yeon Woo’s relationship.

Jang-Dong-Gun-Park-Hyung-Sik.jpg

Jang Dong Gun said, “Our drama told the story of the Choi Kang Suk and Go Yeon Woo meeting, then facing and solving various incidents in their own way. Through this process, the two men slowly changed each other. I think it would be good to watch how Choi Kang Suk changed through Go Yeon Woo and how Go Yeon Woo changed through Choi Kang Suk.”

Park Hyung Sik stated, “We stand at a crossroads at every moment, just like how Go Yeon Woo chose to take the opportunity given to him by Choi Kang Suk. You have to think about the cost of this choice. ’Suits’ has the valuable message that you should rethink your own destiny and opportunity.”

“Suits” will air its final two episodes on June 13 and 14 at 10 p.m. KST.

Source (1) / soompi news

"Suits" Jang Dong-gun Wonders How Long Chae Jung-an Has Liked Him

photo981070.jpg

Ko Yeon-woo (Park Hyung-sik) struggled to save Choi Kang-seok (Jang Dong-gun) on the latest episode of the KBS 2TV drama "Suits".

After the case settled, Choi Kang-seok and Ko Yeon-woo went to meet Hong Da-ham (Chae Jung-an). She was surprised that Choi Kang-seok's case was solved and she kicked him in the shin for making him struggle. Ko Yeon-woo then excused himself and when Choi Kang-seok began to speak, Hong Da-ham stopped him. "No, I don't want to hear it. We can't talk about things like that between us".

Choi Kang-seok said, "Thanks, but how long have you liked me?"

Source : biz.heraldcorp.com/vi...

Translation : Hancinema

@willenette this is one of my favourite old drama starring Jang Dong Gun & Kim Min Jong GHOST 1999.  This is at the time when you have to buy vcd if you want to watch korean drama

the script was unique and interesting and the ost was the one you can remember forever

Spoiler

• Like 1

*** I'm glad that the drama had so much success throughout its run, with consistent viewership ratings that helped it maintain a steady first-place in its time slot. More, it ended having a highest ratings on its finale' EP. I'm happy for JDG since this was his comeback drama. I liked the balance of the drama. I didn’t watch the US version so, I really loved it.  :lol:

K-Drama Review: “Suits”, The Legal Drama That Brings Justice To Your Screen

Screenshot_2018-05-04-18-40-05-131.png?r

Button up as Suits takes us into the complicated world of legal jargon and lawsuits while reminding us of the roles love and justice play in this earthly world.

The Korean adaptation of the popular American legal drama series with the same name proves it’s just as competent as its original counterpart from start to finish with the gripping story of Go Yeon Woo and Choi Kang Seok.

Suits goes to show that justice still does prevail – even in this cruel and unfair world.

suits-premier-official-poster-2.jpg?w=60

Title: Suits
Distributor: KBS
Theme: Legal drama
Length: 16 Episodes
Broadcast Date: 25 April 2018 – 14 June 2018
Main Leads: Jang Dong Gun, Park Hyung Sik
Overall Rating: 4.5.gif?resize=80%2C16&ssl=1
Rewatch Value: 4.gif?resize=80%2C16&ssl=1
Highlights: Excellent Chemistry Between Characters, Compelling Storyline, Gripping Finale
Oh No Moments: Too Many Things Happening

Breaking the stereotypical cold and stern demeanor that lawyers have, Suits goes to show that these people have hearts too – in fact, those who have achieved success in the world of courtrooms and settlement are perhaps those who have the biggest and softest hearts. It follows the journey of Go Yeon Woo, a genius young man who has been broken and damaged by the trials he had faced in life, but still continues to stand and fight. And Choi Kang Seok, a prestigious corporate lawyer who might seem like a perfect and uptight man, but has his own weak points and baggages. The two of them, along with the other characters in the story, are proof that these people in dapper suits and ties are humans too. They make mistakes, feel pain, yearn to love and be loved, and aim to do what they believe is right – just like everybody else.

33777439_1124151251075074_12971227122877

Highlights:

Characters You Would Root For

It was so easy to find ourselves cheering on the drama’s protagonists to emerge victorious everytime. Every character has a side that we could relate to and sympathize with – even Geun Sik (Choi Gwi Ha), who had actually only wanted Jang Dong Gun’s character Kang Seok’s acknowledgment and friendship after all, despite being a nuisace for the most time.

Perhaps it was Yeon Woo’s bond with his grandmother, or his determination to prove that he isn’t wasting the chance he is given, or his amazing photographic memory, or the way he uses his heart in dealing with the cases given to him – or maybe all of these reasons play a part in why we just couldn’t stop wishing for Park Hyung Sik’s character’s success and happiness.

Despite being a bit too harsh on Yeon Woo sometimes, Kang Seok managed to win our hearts too as his cold-hearted front started shedding off and unmasking the kind man inside of him. It pained us to see him struggle thanks to his enemies who would pull all stops just to make sure he went down.

Jin Hee Kyung was able to make the law firm’s CEO Kang Ha Yeon into the ultimate girl boss and watching her take charge of the top law firm in South Korea made us feel empowered – especially during the times she made it clear that no one else ran Kang and Ham except for her. Her character made up the holy trinity of girl power in the show together with Ms. Hong (Chae Jung An) and the paralegal Kim Ji Na (Ko Sung Hee), who both showed they were capable of standing on their own ground as well.

PhotoGrid_1529232651886.jpg?resize=768,7

Spoiler

Bromance…

The mentor-mentee relationship between Kang Seok and Yeon Woo was more than successful in melting our hearts. Despite Kang Seok’s cold-hearted exterior, it was evident how much he cared for Yeon Woo as if they were blood brothers. Nothing warmed our hearts more than seeing him go to extreme lengths just to protect Yeon Woo, who also did the same thing for him.

Even during difficult times, Kang Seok wholeheartedly took in Yeon Woo as his weakness, and Yeon Woo consistently proved his unquestionable loyalty to Kang Seok – no matter how risky both got.

PhotoGrid_1528894073575.jpg?resize=768,7

…and Romance

Due to his charms, Park Hyung Sik seems to have perfect chemistry with anyone he gets paired up with – and Ko Sung Hee isn’t an exception. The two blended well together as Yeon Woo and Ji Na, and they never failed to make us feel all sorts of giddy whenever they shared a scene.

We were also lowkey following the interactions of Chae Jung An and Jang Dong Gun’s characters Ms. Hong and Kang Seok as we found ourselves shipping them throughout the drama’s run – so you could just imagine how our hearts felt during the final episodes of Suits!

PhotoGrid_1528894089245.jpg?resize=768,7

That Gripping Finale

OMG – that’s all we can say about it. Just kidding! The finale of Suits made us feel a rollercoaster of emotions, which is one of the reasons why we would never forget this KBS legal drama!

Suits did bring justice to our screen, and only followed what was right in the end.  We had no idea how we were able to feel happy, proud, and relieved yet sad, distressed, and angry all at the same time – but we did. Consider yourself warned!

PhotoGrid_1529232157156.jpg?resize=768,7

Drawback

Too Many Things Happening

It was admittedly hard to find something not to love about Suits, but this is one thing that might pose a problem for the drama viewers who don’t find keeping up with several sub-stories favorable. Because the tandem handles different cases per episode, there would obviously be a lot of characters and faces you’d encounter. There was also more than just one sub-story sometimes, especially when Kang Seok and Yeon Woo handled different cases. It was sometimes difficult to figure out who’s who with all the CEOs, directors, and prosecutors that the duo faced in every episode.

PhotoGrid_1528894004604.jpg?resize=768,7

It is reasonable and understandable though, because legal dramas in general handle more than just one case during their run.

Having different stories and cases every now and then keeps legal dramas interesting and brings something new to look forward to for every episode. Besides, the sub-stories of Suits were more than interesting and awesome enough to get you hooked and on the edge of your seat – definitely worth it, if you ask us!

IMG_20180505_1844471.jpg?resize=768,413&

Plot Summary

Suits revolves around the intertwined stories of South Korea’s top corporate lawyer Choi Kang Seok (Jang Dong Gun) and a college drop-out with an amazingly photographic memory named Go Yeon Woo (Park Hyung Sik). After the latter falls into a trap set by a vengeful enemy, goes on the run from authorities, and is mistaken for an applicant at the former’s law firm Kang and Ham, his life takes a turn as he gets an opportunity to set his life straight and to put his talent to good use. Kang Seok hires Yeon Woo as his associate and is adamant to let the young man learn the ropes of the industry despite Yeon Woo failing to meet the qualifications needed to be a lawyer and the huge risk it can pose to both the lawyer and the firm’s reputations. Due to that reason, they both keep Yeon Woo’s identity a secret from everyone and must not be revealed at all costs.

However, this proves to be easier said than done as they face several obstacles that try to stop them and make several enemies who are determined to bring them down along the way.

PhotoGrid_15254340920951.jpg?resize=768,

Recommendation

Whether you’re a fan of the original American series or a newcomer to the legal drama’s fandom, you will surely find yourself drawn to Suits thanks to its compelling storyline and relatable characters. It was also able to provide a fresh take on the original series’ framework and characterizations without overly sticking to it, which gives everyone something new to look forward to.

The Korean remake of Suits makes the series its own and gives viewers a lot of reasons to get hooked. May it be the thrill legal dramas bring, the romance that makes us swoon without a fail, the life lessons we learn through the characters, Suits is able to cater to a plethora of elements and make it blend with each other very well in just one show.

Takeaway Quotes

“Life will not tell you where the destination is. Therefore, what changes your life isn’t a coincidence, but your choice.”

“You can get hurt and become brokenhearted, but you need to give it time to sort it out and start over again.”

source : HelloKpop

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...

Mid-Year K-Drama Recap: 16 Engaging Korean Dramas Aired From January – June 2018

PicsArt_06-30-02.10.13.png?resize=660,40

Remakes, dual roles and healing dramas sum up the first half of 2018 Korean dramas!

A lot has happened in the first six months of 2018 Korean drama world. We are happy to announce how it has been an amazing ride with myriad of story concepts and well-written drama pieces that were executed well by the show runners and the actors.

From the remnants of 2017 tail-end dramas, we had an abundance of hero-centered stories in slice-of-life tones which left encouraging impressions to the viewers.

Romantic stories as a staple genre for South Korean dramas satisfied its fanbase with a generous amount of memorable love tales poured in especially in the season of spring.

Having no definitive runaway hit for the first half of the year can be explained with how almost all 2018 Korean dramas which have recently aired are generally amazing. We have the rating’s statistics reflecting even distribution of numbers to back up that deduction.

Here’s our must-watch picks from the first batch of 2018 Korean dramas which aired from January to June 2018.

11. Suits (KBS2 TV)

suits-premier-official-poster-2.jpg?w=60

Whether you’re a fan of the original American series or a newcomer to the legal drama’s fandom, you will surely find yourself drawn to Suits, thanks to its compelling storyline and relatable characters. It is also able to provide a fresh take on the original series’ framework and characterizations without overly sticking to it, which gives everyone something new to look forward to.

The Korean remake of Suits makes the series its own and gives viewers a lot of reasons to get hooked. May it be the thrill that legal dramas bring, the romance that makes us swoon without a fail, the life lessons we learn through the characters, Suits is able to cater to a plethora of elements and make it blend with each other very well in just one show.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Hellokpop

Koreans Vote For The Most Handsome Male Stars

Jang-Dong-Gun-Kang-Dong-Won-Won-Bin.jpg

Koreans voted for the stars that they think are the most handsome.

The July 6 episode of KBS’s “Entertainment Weekly” revealed the results of an annual online survey from the KBS Broadcast Research Institute. The survey took place from May 17 to 21 for a total of five days, and 1,034 men and women over 19 years old from all over the country named which celebrities (including athletes) they thought were the most handsome, with a total of 1,013 stars listed.

Jang Dong Gun took first place, showing an especially high number of votes from people in their 40s to 60s. Second place went to Kang Dong Won, who notably had the highest number of female votes. Third place went to Won Bin, while fourth place went to Jung Woo Sung, and Park Bo Gum took fifth place.

Check out the Top 30 below!

1. Jang Dong Gun
  2. Kang Dong Won
  3. Won Bin
  4. Jung Woo Sung
  5. Park Bo Gum
  6. Daniel Henney
  7. Kang Shin Sung Il
  8. Jo In Sung
  9. Song Joong Ki
  10. Gong Yoo
  11. Hyun Bin
  12. Namgoong Won
  13. Go Soo
  14. So Ji Sub
  15. Bae Yong Joon
  16. Ahn Jung Hwan
  17. Kim Soo Hyun
  18. Ahn Sung Ki
  19. Choi Bool Am
  20. Cha In Pyo
  21. Song Seung Heon
  22. Park Chan Ho
  23. Lee Byung Hun
  24. Ji Chang Wook
  25. Ki Sung Yueng
  26. Kwon Sang Woo
  27. Lee Min Ho
  28. Kang Suk Woo
  29. Choi Soo Jong
  30. Park Seo Joon

Source (1) / soompi news

• 2 weeks later...

*** The drama sounds intriguing. JDG again in a drama? NICE one.  And good cast - star-studded.  I'm excited to see him back in drama but this time with a different role. Is there going to be a love triangle here?  :o:lol:

Song Joong Ki, Kim Ji Won, Jang Dong Gun, and Kim Ok Bin confirmed for 'Asadal Chronicles'

song-joong-ki-kim-ji-won-jang-dong-gun-k

tvN's 'Asadal Chronicles' has confirmed their lineup.

The drama has cast Song Joong Ki, Kim Ji Won, Jang Dong Gun, and Kim Ok Bin in the leading roles. The drama is a fantasy where the hero and anti-hero found their own countries in an imaginary world.

Song Joong Ki will be playing the leading role of Eun Som, and Kim Ji Won will be playing Tan Ya. Jang Dong Gun will be in the role of the anti-hero Ta Gon, and Kim Ok Bin has been cast as the 'best lifeform on earth'.

The drama will air next year.

source : allkpop

*** Wow, I heard that the cast had their first meeting with the director and the writers’ yesterday afternoon. (July 19).  JDG will play one of the main supporting roles, a man known as a hero among the Saenyeok Tribe. Woah... this sounds exciting! This DEFINITELY sounds EPIC. I read that the director is Kim Won-seok, who directed the series “Misaeng,” “Signal” and “My Mister,” and the script will be written by Kim Young-hyun and Park Sang-yeon.   I've said in my post yesterday that this is a star-studded drama & is reported to be a big-scale project that will cost hundreds of millions of won. Wahhh....those names in one place. It is expected to air in the first half of next year. Can't wait! It is a must watch. I am excited for this production team. Actually, I did not expect to see Jang Dong-gun in this since he just wrapped-up a drama. I felt that aside from its great story and cast, the directing is also a top-notch.  I'm sure it'd be phenomenal. I love when a hit PD teams up with another hit writer. The writer-PD combo makes this worth watching as well. I'm cautiously optimistic about this one. I'm anticipating a solid production. This is a better combination of cast.  And I almost forgot the icing on the cake is that it's on TvN I absolutely love fantasies. I'm really happy to see JDG in this one. :lol:

********************************************************************************

Blockbuster drama Asadal Chronicle lines up Song Joong-ki, Kim Ji-won, Jang Dong-gun, Kim Ok-bin

asadal_4.jpg

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/07/blockbuster-drama-asadal-chronicle-lines-up-song-joong-ki-kim-ji-won-jang-dong-gun-kim-ok-bin/

Song Joong Ki, Kim Ji Won, and Jang Dong Gun Confirmed for New tvN Drama “Asadal Chronicles”

The new drama will begin airing in early 2019!

gXC6KSnfGPQ-KlosgVt6QrHPHAV2gcn-SzBwtHXQ

Song Joong Ki, Jang Dong Gun and Kim Ji Won have been confirmed to appear on the upcoming tvN series Asadal Chronicles (working title).

qmyyXBZdPBuWoULVp-qr8TyZQBQzyO1-swOu0PFC

Asadal Chronicles will be Korea’s first attempt at a fantasy drama set in the ancient times. It will deal with the conflicts and concord of the people and the mythical tales of love in the fictional land of “Asa”.

The scriptwriters, Kim Young Hyun and Park Sang Yeon, who were in charge of the popular historical dramas Queen Seondeok, Deep-Rooted Tree and Six Flying Dragons, will be responsible for the upcoming drama’s script. Moreover, the drama will be directed by Kim Won Seok, the talented director behind the television series Misaeng, Signal and My Mister.

Song Joong Ki’s character, Eunseom, is a man born under a prophecy wrought by the energy of a blue comet who later conquers Asadal.

Jang Dong Gun will be playing the role of Ta Gon, a war hero of Asadal who led the nation to victory during a major war. His character is one that dreams of becoming the first king in a world where the position is yet to be established.

dvLCTdbAZ7ucSeyMdKznXu0jXWk7fnvfMj7EDVFQ

And Kim Ji Won will play the character of Tan Ya, a woman with the energy of the blue comet. She is Eun Seom’s first love and later becomes the first crown princess of Asadal.

The Asadal Chronicles is set to air in the first half of 2019 so stay tuned!

source : koreaboo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

rampant drops trailer

11_24_25__5b8360d9d7c32w578-529973663.jp

Joseon-era Zombie film, Rampant, starring Hyun Bin and Jang Dong Gun dropped its main trailer and if blood-thirsty blood-suckers are up your alley, you’ll probably enjoy this ancient tale about a Joseon prince his returning to his homeland and the palace after being held hostage by the Qing Dynasty for years. His welcome party umfortunately includes zombies and an ambitious military judge who dreams of reforming Joseon. Rampant will hit screens in October.

source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2018/08/29/rampant-drops-trailer/

• 3 weeks later...

Cast Updated for the Upcoming Korean Drama "Asadal Chronicles"

photo1002550.jpg

Cast updated for the upcoming Korean drama "Asadal Chronicles" (2019)

Directed by Kim Won-seok

Written by Kim Yeong-hyeon, Park Sang-yeon

With Song Joong-ki, Jang Dong-gun, Kim Ji-won, Kim Ok-bin, Jo Sung-ha, Choi Moo-sung,... More

Synopsis
A pre-produced drama revolving around the power struggles, love and growth of the ancient city of Asadal, which is presumed to be the capital of Gojoseon.

Broadcast starting date in Korea : 2019/First half

Source : /www.hancinema.net/ko...

• 2 weeks later...

Jang Dong Gun Shares Thoughts On Acting With Close Friend Hyun Bin In New Historical Film

f151e15edc5d404ea6e2438964ad98b1.jpeg?s=

They say there’s nothing better than working with best friends, and Jang Dong Gun completely agrees.

On October 2 on Naver V Live, Jang Dong Gun commented on what it was like to work with his close friend Hyun Bin for their new historical film “Rampant.” He said, “It was so much fun. I thought our friendship would be a distraction because we have confrontational roles in the movie. However, I was able to rely on the idea that someone who knew me well would accept my acting. I had an enjoyable time filming [the movie].”

Hyun-Bin-Jang-Dong-Gun.jpg

“Rampant” is a period action film set during the Joseon dynasty, starring Hyun Bin as a prince who fights against demons to save his people and Jang Dong Gun as Kim Ja Joon who joins the battle. The movie premieres in South Korea on October 25.

Top Photo Credit: Xportsnews.

Source (1) / soompi news

• Thanks 1

Stars Dazzle At 23rd Busan International Film Festival Opening Red Carpet

Many top actors showed elegant and stunning looks on the red carpet for the opening of the 23rd Busan International Film Festival!

The star-studded evening took place on October 4 at the Busan Cinema Center. The film festival runs until October 13, and will feature 323 films from 79 different countries.

Check out photos from the red carpet below!

Jang Dong Gun

jang-dong-gun-xpn.jpg

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news