Jang Dong Gun 장동건

Admin

*** Good luck to this drama. :lol:

Hyungsik, Jang Dong Gun, and more get together for first script reading of remake drama 'Suits'

Hyungsik-jang-dong-gun.jpg

The cast of upcoming KBS2 Wed-Thurs drama 'Suits' got together for their first script reading.

KBS will be remaking the popular American tv series 'Suits' with production companies Monster Union and EnterMedia Pictures. Adapting elements from the American version, the Korean remake of 'Suits' deals with the bromance between a legendary lawyer Choi Kang Suk and a young, rookie, "fake" lawyer, Go Yeon Woo.

The two leads of Korea's 'Suits' are Hyungsik and Jang Dong Gun. Alongside them in the cast are Chae Jung Ahn, Go Sung Hee, Jin Hee Kyung, and more. Many are looking forward to Hyungsik and Jang Dong Gun looking fine in 'Suits' for the upcoming drama. 

You can look forward to the premiere of KBS2's 'Suits' this April 25.

source : allkpop

*** Ko Sung-hee from "Mother - Drama" is starring in the new KBS 2TV drama, "Suits". She is taking on the character of Kim Ji-na, a paralegal who is perfect in what she does. Suits" is a remake of the NBC Universal drama and it's about the bromance between a legendary lawyer (Jang Dong-gun) and a genius (Park Hyung-sik) with an excellent memory. "Suits" begins on the 25th of April at 22:00 KST.

Source : tvdaily.asiae.co.kr/r...

*** Lee Si-won is also starring in the new KBS drama "Suits". She appears as Ko Yeon-woo's (Park Hyung-sik) senior's girlfriend Se-hee. She shares a secret with Yeon-woo and this relationship is a key role in the story. :lol:

Actor Jang Dong-gun of new film 'Seven Years of Night'

PYH2018032201690032000_P2.jpg

Actor Jang Dong-gun attends a preview of his new movie "Seven Years of Night" in Seoul on March 21, 2018. (Yonhap) (END)

March 27, 2018

Playing evil was no easy task for Jang Dong-gun

26204238.jpg

The actor found several scenes in ‘Seven Years of Night’ difficult to film

Adapted from novelist Jeong Yu-jeong’s best-selling novel of the same title, “Seven Years of Night” is a thriller drama that made a significant change in actor Jang Dong-gun’s appearance. Instead of sticking to his classic handsome look, the actor had to shave his hair in order to deliver a strong impression and pull off a psychotic role.

“I had to shave my hair every day [while shooting the film],” said the actor during an interview held in Samcheong-dong in central Seoul on Thursday. “The director first suggested the idea of shaving my hairline. At first I thought he was joking, and even if he wasn’t, I wasn’t sure whether I had to go through that for a film. But after trying it out, I saw how different I looked. Looking into the mirror, I felt unfamiliar with myself, and the new look seemed to suit the character.”

In director Choo Chang-min’s latest movie, Jang plays a violent man on the verge of getting divorced who loses his daughter in a car accident.

Considering that she got hit by a car while trying to run away from her abusive father, it’s quite powerful to see Yeong-jae flip out in search of the driver (Ryu Seung-ryong) who accidentally murdered his daughter. But his love for his daughter drives Yeong-jae to take revenge against the murderer, who has a son of the same age as his daughter.

Unlike in the novel, where Jang’s character is depicted as a complete psychopath who is evil without reason, the director attempted to give Yeong-jae a motivation for being evil.

As an actual father with a daughter, playing an abusive father who physically assaults his daughter to the point where she urinates on herself was very “tough.”

“I had a hard time shooting the scenes. And it was very difficult for me to recover from the emotions I had to go through,” Jang said. “I just had to face it. Instead of the abuse itself, I had a more difficult time enduring the situation. Since I have a daughter, my mind naturally imagined the violence in more detail, which was very unpleasant. Since I had to imagine [committing violence toward my own daughter] to become emotionally immersed to the role, I honestly didn’t like that part of the film.”

When asked what kind of father he actually is, the actor said with a laugh, “First of all, I’m not a violent person.”

“At first, I aimed to be a friend-like father, so I played with her a lot but tried not to discipline her,” he said. “But at some point, I realized that I shouldn’t be that kind of father. Instead of being a friendly father, I now think I should be a more fatherly father.”

26204300.jpg

Jang added, “Personally, I’m very interested in children’s education, so I read a lot of books on child rearing and often visit websites about education. One day,
I read a book and realized that my idea of trying to be a friend-like father is not necessarily a good idea. So I’ve started disciplining her these days. Of course, this doesn’t mean that I physically abuse her. There are many different ways to discipline a child, and I think they are effective.”

As an actor who has been involved in the entertainment industry for more than two decades, with several hits like action flick “Friend” (2001) and drama “A Gentleman’s Dignity” (2012), Jang had never had any difficulties working with senior actors. But to him, “[Getting along with] younger actors has been challenging.”

Jang said, “To be honest, I want to impress younger actors more than senior actors.”

Co-starring actors Song Sae-byuk and Ko Kyoung-pyo, the movie will arrive in theaters on Wednesday. It is rated 15 and above.

BY CHO YEON-GYEONG [jin.minji@joongang.co.kr]

10 Upcoming Dramas You Don’t Want To Miss In 2018

The next best shows to binge watch are coming your way!

Get ready K-drama lovers, 2018 is lined up with an all-star cast to satisfy all of your drama cravings! From zombies to doctors, here are the top 10 dramas to be on the lookout for!

1. Suits (KBS)

3dG1tQ8RF8iP2S78ltq5LC3JEbzUER9YEeiTMaWG

This drama is a remake of the popular U.S drama series Suits starring actors Jang Dong Gun and Park Hyung Sik. It is a drama about a distinguished and reputable corporate lawyer recruiting a young hot-headed genius to work for his law firm as a lawyer- the only thing is he doesn’t have a law degree!

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : koreaboo

[Interview] Jang Dong-gun's Shocking Transformation

photo959375.jpg

With the movie "Seven Years of Night" coming soon to theaters, Jang Dong-gun had an interview with Maeil Kyungjae on the 23rd. He said, "At first the director suggested an M hair line and I thought he was joking. I wondered if that was necessary and if it was too much for a look transformation".

"He wanted to try it out so when I did, it was awkward seeing myself like that but at the same time, I could see Oh Young-jae right away. Being comfortable acting the character just by looking like him was a first since the movie "Friends"".

"The director said I would feel more at ease about acting if I wore a mask and I related to that. I don't usually do 'transformation' but once I got into it, I felt better about the character".

He put on weight and spent 9-10 months with an M shaped hair line. "The staff were surprised at first and of course, my family too".

"Ko So-young told me not to come close. Then she got used to it and told me it was appealing in its own way".

"There was a cut from the poster making that I liked so I made it my cell-phone background. My daughter called it a "Monster". She didn't know it was her dad. I realized I had succeeded".

A man named Choi Hyun-soo (Ryu Seung-ryong) who loses everything because of a murder and a man named Oh Young-jae (Jang Dong-gun) who loses his daughter because of that plan revenge and look back on 7 years of truth in "Seven Years of Night". It is a best seller by Jeong You Jeong. Jang Dong-gun plays Oh Young-jae who plans revenge for his daughter's death and it is his most shocking transformation yet.

Source : star.mk.co.kr/new/vie...

Translation : Hancinema

*** Choi Yu-hwa will also be featured in the upcoming legal drama “Suits.” She will take the role of an informant for Jang Dong-gun, who plays a legendary lawyer. Her character will collect information and complete missions in secret for him.  The series is set to air its first episode on April 25 at 10 p.m. on KBS2. Can't wait! :lol:

Cast Of “Suits” Express Excitement For Upcoming Korean Remake

Suits.jpg

KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “Suits,” the Korean remake of the popular American series of the same name, is gaining greater attention as its premiere draws near.

See Also: Jang Dong Gun Talks About Chemistry With "Suits" Co-Star Park Hyung Sik

While “Suits” centers around a fictional New York City law firm, the Korean version features Jang Dong Gun and Park Hyung Sik as lawyers working at a top law firm in Korea. Korea is the first country in the world to remake this popular series, and the original creator and cast members have expressed their excitement for the upcoming drama.

Aaron Korsh, the creator of USA Network’s “Suits,” shared the poster of the Korean remake on Twitter. He added, “How crazy is this poster? I gots to get one. I gots to.”

Second,
How crazy is this poster? I gots to get one. I gots to. @KleinGene is working on it… pic.twitter.com/u915Ddavl8

— Aaron Korsh (@akorsh9) March 24, 2018

Rick Hoffman, who plays Louis Litt in the original “Suits,” shared his tweet and wrote, “Me too!!”

Me too!! https://t.co/ZE90gdSgJ2

— Rick Hoffman (@RickHoffman_) March 24, 2018

Hoffman isn’t the only one looking forward to the Korean remake. Gabriel Macht, who plays the main character Harvey Specter in the original series, excitedly tweeted a short teaser clip of Korean “Suits” featuring Jang Dong Gun and Park Hyung Sik.

Like it?!?! I Love it!!!! Congrats Suits Korea!!!!!!! https://t.co/bznSSzdvS8

— Gabriel Macht (@GabrielMacht) March 31, 2018

“Suits” is set to premiere on April 25 at 10 p.m. KST. Check out the latest teasers here!

Source (1) / soompi news

Watch: Korean Remake Of “Suits” Drops Stylish Teasers For Park Hyung Sik And Jang Dong Gun

KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “Suits” has released new previews of its two leads!

“Suits,” the Korean remake of the popular American series, is a legal drama revolving around two attorneys at Korea’s top law firm.

Park Hyung Sik will play the role of Go Yeon Woo, a genius without a college degree or license to practice law, while Jang Dong Gun will star as Choi Kang Suk, the renowned attorney who hires him anyway.

One of the new teaser clips shows Park Hyung Sik looking determined as he walks out of his room and trades in his casual hoodie and sneakers for a stylish suit. The actor declares in voice-over, “It’s not chance that determines your fate, but choice.”

The other teaser features Jang Dong Gun exuding confidence while enjoying music and a game of cards in his office. After stepping out for a drive, he says in voice-over, “The only thing I think about is winning.”

Both clips end with the drama’s tagline: “Two men’s unusual courtroom play: ‘Suits.'”

“Suits” will premiere on April 25 at 10 p.m. KST.

In the meantime, check out the two previews below!

LINK to view the video : https://www.soompi.com/2018/04/01/watch-korean-remake-suits-drops-stylish-teasers-park-hyung-sik-jang-dong-gun/

Jang Dong Gun Talks About Chemistry With “Suits” Co-Star Park Hyung Sik

Jang-Dong-Gun-Park-Hyung-Sik.jpg

Jang Dong Gun has nothing but praise for his “Suits” co-star Park Hyung Sik!

In a recent interview with news outlet Herald POP, the veteran actor discussed his upcoming KBS 2TV drama “Suits,” a remake of the American legal drama series of the same name.

Jang Dong Gun shared that although he had enjoyed the original version of the show, he did not want to follow it too closely in terms of his acting.

“I hadn’t seen the original American drama before I decided to appear [in the Korean remake], but I watched the American drama after I made my decision,” he said. “I found it really entertaining and enjoyable. I stopped watching after the sixth episode of the first season because I was afraid that I might want to imitate it if I kept watching.”

Jang Dong Gun went on to speak highly of his co-star Park Hyung Sik, raving, “He’s really great. Even though there’s an age gap between us, we interact comfortably without constraint. Because there are a lot of scenes in which we bicker with one another, we quickly became close after filming a few scenes together.”

He continued, “[Park Hyung Sik] is much more charming in person. His looks and proportions are great, and he also has a manly charm. He’s great at acting as well. He turned out to have a lot of strengths.”

“Suits” will air its first episode on April 25 at 10 p.m. KST.

In the meantime, watch the previews for the drama here!

Source (1) / soompi news

6 Korean Gangster Movies You Need In Your Life

Sashimi knives and bloodied faces are pretty much the status quo in Korean gangster movies. They’re graphically violent, full of bad language and scrupulous behavior, but damn are they cool! Below are just a few recommendations from the plethora of great movies you should totally check out!

“Friend” (2001)

friend.jpg

“Friend” starts out like “Stand By Me” with a rambunctious group of young friends playing with fake knives and discussing the proper name for a woman’s anatomy, then evolves into “Reply 1988” with a little bit of romance and a school disco before slowing right down and forgetting about all but two of the characters. For half an hour in the middle of the movie, nothing happens, and it’s a little frustrating to see the only female character disappear and two of the four friends go off to college and become secondary characters; a lot of little plot points don’t really get wrapped up in the end. So why so popular with the Korean audience? Well, after a good start and just before you’re ready to switch your TV off, the plot takes a dramatic left turn into brutal violence, murder, and tragedy. There’s close-up slow-motion ankle breaking and multiple stabbings, and somehow, at the same time, a tense, heartfelt struggle between two friends from different gangs who seem to genuinely love each other.

Yoo Oh Sung is excellent as Joon Seok, the son of a gangster who inevitably follows in his fathers footsteps. He’s calm and sensible in a way, and in the midst of madness he is very logical, willing to walk away from a fight he can tell has no gain. Equally, Jang Dong Gun is incredibly believable in his role as the son of an Undertaker-with-an-inferiority-complex-turned-gang-boss. His steely glare drips with madness and unpredictability, and it’s this juxtaposition between the two leads that’s gripping and thrilling until the end.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

Jang Dong Gun Transforms Into A Skilled Lawyer For “Suits”

Jang-Dong-Geun-1.jpg

Jang Dong Gun is transforming into a legendary lawyer.

See Also: Cast Of "Suits" Express Excitement For Upcoming Korean Remake

Upcoming KBS drama “Suits” is about a legendary lawyer and his genius protege who pretends to be a lawyer. Based on the popular American TV series of the same name which has aired seven seasons so far, it will be the first time that the show is getting a remake.

In the released photos, Jang Dong Gun is dressed, befitting the drama’s name, in a clean suit. He has transformed into a lawyer as he works a case at the courthouse, looking serious as he searches for information on his laptop, surrounded by stacks of case documents.

Jang-Dong-Geun-2.jpg

“Suits” will be Jang Dong Gun’s comeback to the small screen after six years as he plays legendary lawyer Choi Kang Seok. Choi Kang Seok works at one of Korea’s top law firms, Kang & Ham. Armed with intelligence and good judgment, he has earned himself a high case success rate.

“Suits” will air after “Mystery Queen 2” on April 25.

Source (1)(2) / soompi news

[Lily's Take] "Suits" Jang Dong-gun and Park Hyung-sik Are the Best Bromance Ever

photo964057.jpg

On April 25th, one of the most highly anticipated dramas of 2018, "Suits", will air its first episode. Having two of the hottest actors of Korean showbiz, Jang Dong-gun and Park Hyung-sik, "Suits" has been earning fans ever since the casting was confirmed, months before the show even started.

photo964058.jpg

The two official posters have been released by "Suits" studio and have captured everyone's attention. Both men are dashing in their suits and with their handsome faces. Park Hyung-sik's carefree and arrogant attitude in his facial expressions and body posture contrasts with Jang Dong-gun's reserved, yet prideful demeanor. The fans are showering them with compliments such as "handsome", "sexy", "charming" and etc. Out of all the comments, there seems to be a trending term in calling the two, which is: Best Couple.

This attractive duo has already received a great nickname by the audience and the nickname comes from their character names.

Jang Dong-gun is playing the character Choi Gang-seok, while Park Hyung-sik plays Go Yeon-woo. If we take each of their surnames, Choi, and Go, it makes up the word "Best" in Korean. Therefore, they are called the Best Couple. Isn't that just adorable? I'd say that the Best Couple award at the end of the year from Drama Awards Ceremony is certainly going to this bromance couple.

By. Lily Lee

Source : entertain.naver.com/p...

Translation : Hancinema

Jang Dong Gun And Park Hyung Sik Talk About Their “Suits” Characters

Jang-Dong-Gun-Park-Hyung-Sik-5.jpg

“Suits” co-stars Jang Dong Gun and Park Hyung Sik recently took part in a photo shoot and interview with High Cut magazine, where they talked about their characters in the drama.

“Suits” is an upcoming legal drama about a legendary lawyer and his genius protege as they work on cases together at Korea’s top law firm. It is a remake of the American TV series of the same name.

Jang-Dong-Gun-Park-Hyung-Sik-4.jpg

Jang Dong Gun plays the attractive and intelligent lawyer Choi Kang Suk in the drama. He previously played doctor Oh Young Se who seeks revenge over his daughter in the film “Seven Years of Night.” Regarding his recent roles, he commented, “In the film ‘Rampant’ with Hyun Bin, I appeared with a completely messed up appearance. After hitting the bottom in terms of appearance, I wanted to film something cool. When I was younger, I wanted to show something that was different from the strengths that others saw. Now that I think about it, it was childish.”

Jang-Dong-Gun-2.jpg

The actor also relayed his confidence in his character Choi Kang Suk. When asked whether the “Suits” character could defend his law-breaking character from “Seven Years of Night,” he answered, “He could defend him. Even though he’s not innocent, I’m confident he could lighten the sentence.”

Jang-Dong-Gun-Park-Hyung-Sik-6.jpg

Spoiler

Park-Hyung-Sik-Jang-Dong-Gun-1.jpg

(skipped unrelated.....)

Source (1) / soompi news

Spoiler

Jang Dong Gun And Park Hyung Sik Are Ready To Take On Cases For “Suits” In New Stills

Jang-Dong-Gun-Park-Hyung-Sik-3.jpg

Upcoming KBS drama “Suits” has released new photos of Jang Dong Gun and Park Hyung Sik’s first meeting.

“Suits” follows a legendary lawyer Choi Kang Suk (played by Jang Dong Gun) and his genius protégé Go Yeon Woo (played by Park Hyung Sik), who pretends to be a lawyer, as they solve cases at a top law firm in Korea.

In the released photos, the pair are dressed in clean-cut suits. Jang Dong Gun wears a serious expression on his face and is armed with his briefcase, ready to achieve success. Park Hyung Sik perfectly embodies his character as Jang Dong Geun’sprotégé as he looks less serious, and opts for a backpack rather than a suitcase. The two also demonstrate their bromance as they fist-bump each other.

Jang-Dong-Gun-Park-Hyung-Sik-2.jpg

“Suits” is slated to air after “Mystery Queen 2” and will air its first episode on April 25 at 10 p.m. KST.

Source (1) / soompi news

Jang Dong Gun Shares Thoughts On Working With Park Hyung Sik In “Suits”

Jang-Dong-Gun-Park-Hyung-Sik2.jpg

Jang Dong Gun spoke about the upcoming KBS 2TV drama “Suits” in a recent interview.

“Suits” is about a legendary attorney named Choi Kang Suk (played by Jang Dong Gun) at a top law firm who hires a genius named Go Yeon Woo (played by Park Hyung Sik) as his associate despite the fact that he doesn’t have a college degree or license to practice law. It is a remake of the popular American legal drama series of the same name.

This drama will be Jang Dong Gun’s return to TV screens after six years. Explaining why he chose to appear on “Suits,” he said, “I wanted to portray a bright, fun character in a drama and I received a good script. The script itself was enough. There was no reason for me not to do it.”

Jang-Dong-Gun.jpg

Jang Dong Gun will play the role of male lead Choi Kang Suk, who is a legendary lawyer at Korea’s top law firm. He’s got it all, including skills and charm, and is an all-around cool guy.

The actor stated, “Choi Kang Suk is a great guy who exudes strong charisma from his confident appearance.”

“Suits” will not only explore the legal world, but also the “bromance” between Choi Kang Suk and Park Hyung Sik’s character Go Yeon Woo. Jang Dong Gun said, “My teamwork with Park Hyung Sik is really good. There were many scenes where we argue, so we quickly became close.”

He continued, “I think he’s someone that is much more appealing when you see him in real life. He’s an actor with many strengths, so it’s fun acting together.”

Jang-Dong-Gun1.jpg

“Suits” is also Park Hyung Sik’s first drama in about a year. He has previously taken on various roles including a mischievous youngest son, lovesick second-generation chaebol, and a man who fell in love with a woman with special powers.

His latest character Go Eun Woo dreamed of becoming a lawyer and has the skills to become one. With his photographic memory and ability to fascinate anyone he meets, his character is both bright and dark, and sharp but smooth.

With less than two weeks left until the premiere, viewers can look forward to seeing Park Hyung Sik and Jang Dong Gun’s latest transformation and chemistry.

“Suits” will premiere on April 25 at 10 p.m. KST. In the meantime, watch the latest teaser here!

Source (1) (2) (3) / soompi news

*** Pilot EP of this drama is nearing...............Can't wait! I've not watched the US version but I will watch this for JDG. :lol:

Watch: Park Hyung Sik And Jang Dong Gun Are Hard At Work In Making Video For “Suits”

Park-Hyung-Sik-Jang-Dong-Gun-3.jpg

The cast members of “Suits” showed their professionalism in a newly released making video for the official posters and teaser!

See Also: "Suits" Teases Tense Moment Between Chae Jung An And Jang Dong Gun

The clip begins with Jang Dong Gun’s individual poster shoot. The actor plays lawyer Choi Kang Suk, senior partner at law firm Kang & Ham. His catchphrase says, “Get rid of the story or the circumstances, and just look at the case!”

While filming the teaser, Jang Dong Gun poses confidently, perched on a leather chair as he examines a photo.

Jang-Dong-Gun-1.jpg

Jang Dong Gun then introduces himself and the drama, saying, “Hello, I’m Jang Dong Gun. We are currently hard at work filming for KBS’s upcoming Wednesday-Thursday drama ‘Suits.’ The atmosphere at the filming site is great, so we’re working hard and having fun as we shoot. The drama will air on April 25. Please look forward to it. Thank you.”

Jang-Dong-Gun-3.jpg

The video shows more footage from filming the teaser. Jang Dong Gun and Park Hyung Sik work together this time, dressed in clean suits as they walk confidently. Though they are both dressed as lawyers, there is a clear difference as Jang Dong Gun holds a briefcase, while Park Hyung Sik has a backpack slung over his shoulders. They also show off their bromance as they fistbump, and carefully monitor their shots afterwards.

Jang-Dong-Gun-Park-Hyung-Sik-7.jpg

Spoiler

Watch the full video below!

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

Spoiler

15 Stars confirmed for upcoming K-dramas

We are only four months into the year, and amazing K-dramas just keep on coming! Drama fans have so much to look forward to in 2018 as new productions are confirming A-list stars for their projects on a regular basis. Let's check out some of the actors and actresses who have already signed up to star in your next favorite K-drama.

4. Jang Dong Gun

The A Gentleman's Dignity actor headlines Park Hyung Sik's upcoming series Suits as a lawyer who is a legend in his field. Their two characters are bound to butt heads as they showcase their skills in the courtroom.

616f60fd-2b86-401b-b9db-ae2b26046b6a.jpg

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : dramafever