Jang Dong Gun 장동건

Admin

The Luxury Properties Owned by Korean Stars

news22632.jpg

Sports, TV and movie stars are the envy of many, and that has if anything increased with the revelations of their vast real estate holdings. Although such cases are limited to only the highest-paid stars, many stars show a keen interest in investing in real estate due to their lack of job security.

But industry experts say in case of athletes whose careers span no more than 15 years at most, the sums are not excessive. And celebrities' careers ebb and crest with their popularity, giving them little choice but to set aside investments whose returns they can live off for the rest of their lives.

Most of them own commercial real estate worth millions of dollars in the affluent Gangnam district of southern Seoul. What follows is a round-up of the real estate owned by celebrities.

Pop star Seo Tai-ji, who bought a building in Nonhyeon-dong in 2002, already made millions of dollars in profit. One estate agent said the building is presently valued at close to W20 billion (US$1=W1,134). Its value recently got a boost because a subway station on Line 9 was opened nearby.

Slugger Lee Seung-yop bought a building in Seongsu-dong for W42 billion in July of last year. Basketball player Seo Jang-hoon owns a building near the Yangjae subway station in Seoul. Actor Ryoo Si-won bought a piece of land in Daechi-dong in 2008, built a building there and named it "106" after his birthday on Oct. 6 and rents out units. Singer Rain bought a building in Cheongdam-dong for W15 billion back in 2008.

Actor Jang Dong-gun, who is soon to wed actress Ko So-young, grabbed headlines recently after buying a W3 billion villa in Heukseok-dong. Ko also owns her own building in Cheongdam-dong. She is a veritable real estate tycoon, because she also owns around W20 billion worth of other properties including a house in Nonhyeon-dong, where here parents live.

Star couple Cha In-pyo and Sin Ae-ra purchased a building in Cheongdam-dong in 2008, which presently houses a school. Lee Seung-chul bought land in Samseong-dong in 1999 and built his own building there, which he uses as his recording studio and office. Shin Seung-hoon also bought a W5 billion to W6 billion building in Sinsa-dong and uses it as his own recording studio while letting other units.

Celebrities also invest in residential property. Singer Lee Hyo-lee and Lee Seung-gi purchased their own apartments in Samseong-dong last year. Song Hye-kyo and Son Ye-jin became neighbors after buying luxury villas in Samseong-dong. Celebrity couples like kwon Sang-woo and Son Tae-yeong, and Kim Seung-woo and Kim Nam-joo live in apartments in Gangam.

Abroad, "Lost" star Kim Yoon-jin bought a luxury home in L.A'.s Korea Town district two years ago. Actress Ko Hyeon-jeong bought a W700 million condo in the Philippines. kwon Sang-woo, the actor, reportedly bought a W1.7 billion penthouse on Australia's Gold Coast in 2007. Baseball player Park Chan-ho owns a home in the Marina del Rey area of L.A., while Kim Byung-hyun has a home in San Diego.

Actor Jang Dong-gun recently purchased this W3 billion villa in Heukseok-dong, commanding a view over the Han River.

Source : www.chosun.com... ( English Chinese Korean Japanese )

Translation : Hancinema

http://www.chosun.com/

March 25, 2010

Ex-minister to officiate at stars’ wedding

24195410.jpg

Lee O-young

The wedding march of two of Korea’s top stars, Jang Dong-gun and Ko So-young, is nearing. Ever since the official announcement of the couple’s wedding date and location, everything from what dress the bride will wear to who will officiate has been a matter of common interest among many Korean fans.

The answer to one of those questions is now clear. According to AM Entertainment, Jang’s agent, “former Culture Minister Lee O-young will officiate at the couple’s wedding, which will be held in private on May 2, at The Shilla hotel.”

The former minister, who currently functions as an adviser for the JoongAng Ilbo, the JoongAng Daily’s sister paper, is the father of Lee Seung-mu, who directed the Hollywood film “The Warrior’s Way.” The groom stars in the movie, which is scheduled for release next month, which explains the connection between Jang and Lee.

Lee has officiated for a star couple before, back in 2007 at Yoon Tae-young and Im Yoo-jin’s wedding.

Actor Park Jung-hun, who is one of Jang’s best friends, will usher guests at the wedding.

By Yim Seung-hye Contributing writer [estyle@joongang.co.kr]

Credit : JoongAngDaily

http://joongangdaily.joins.com/article/view.asp?aid=2918265

Jang Hyuk to star in Chinese remake of "All About Eve"

2010032609492604638_1.jpg

Korean actor Jang Hyuk has been tapped to play the male lead in the Chinese remake of a hit Korean drama from ten years ago, according to the star's agency Sidus HQ on Friday.

The original series, translated into "All About Eve" in English, aired in 2000 and starred actors Jang Dong-gun, Chae Rim, Kim So-yeon and Kim Jung-eun, now some of Korea's most well-known names in the industry.

(skipped...........)

He also appeared in the first season of "School" and TV series "The War of Flower." His movie roles include "Windstruck," "Dance of the Dragon" and "Maybe."

Reporter : Lucia Hong luciahong@asiae.co.kr

Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@asiae.co.kr

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.ht...032609492604638

• 2 weeks later...

April 5, 2010

Jang Dong-gun returns from charity work in Laos

2010040509421892372_1.jpg

Top Korean actor Jang Dong-gun has returned from doing charity work in Laos last week, according to his agency AM Entertainment.

AM explained that the actor spent a week in Laos shooting a promotional antipoverty documentary as a goodwill ambassador for the United Nations' World Food Programme (WFP) and returned to Korea on April 1.

"Many people were worried because he was going to a remote area where it is easy to catch an epidemic," an official at AM was quoted as saying. "But Jang Dong-gun was very determined [to go]."

The Hallyu star visited local schools in Laos where he helped provide free meals for the students. He is also expected to visit Africa and Mongolia at a later date.

Jang, 38, one of Korea's top actors who has starred in numerous television dramas and movies, made headlines last November after admitting to his two-year romantic relationship with Korean actress Ko So-young.

The star couple, who first met as co-stars in the 1999 film "Love Wind, Love Song," will be tying the knot in Seoul on May 2 with only family and close friends in attendance.

He is scheduled to start shooting "My Way" in June, re-uniting with his "Taegukgi" director Kang Je-gyu.

Reporter : Ko Kyoung-seok kave@asiae.co.kr

Editor : Lynn Kim lynn2878@asiae.co.kr

http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.ht...040509421892372

*** Gosh, it's a very pricey wedding! Well, JDG has lots of money. :D:mellow:

Jang Dong Gun and Go So Young’s wedding may cost almost $1 million

20100401_jangdonggungosoyoung-460x368.jpg

Many people have been paying close attention to the engaged couple Jang Dong Gun and Go So Young. The two will tie the knot not too long from now on May 2nd. They will only invite their closest friends, family and insiders.

Since a lot of people are wanting to know the details, here it goes. It will take place at Shilla Hotel, one of the top hotels in Korea. The host/MC of the wedding will be actor Park Joong Hoon. He hosted the show where Jang Dong Gun was his first guest. There will be around 1,000 guests in attendance according to the hotel.

Go So Young chose an Amsale wedding dress which is a popular brand among Korean stars. Supposedly, the total cost of wedding might cost around 1000000000 WON (~$888,000USD). That is not too many steps away from the $1 million mark.

Source : allkpop

http://www.allkpop.com/2010/04/jang-dong-g...lmost-1-million

Guest ruffluv

April 5, 2010

"Many people were worried because he was going to a remote area where it is easy to catch an epidemic," an official at AM was quoted as saying. "But Jang Dong-gun was very determined [to go]."

That's my man! I'm very proud of him!

Thanks for the updates, Wil.... ;)

*** Awwwww....... this is very nice. Wow, JDG is no longer single & available next month. But so excited the first time I heard the news that he's getting married. :lol::D

Jang Dong Gun and Go So Young furnish their new home as husband and wife

htm_201004071012390107000001070100-001-460x382.jpg

In light of their upcoming nuptial, it has been revealed that top stars Jang Dong Gun and Go So Young have started to furnish their future residence as husband and wife.

Starting in mid-March, series of moving vans have been spotted at a villa in Heukseok-Dong in Seoul, where the couple has purchased a home together. Contained within the moving vans were new furnishings the couple has been seen shopping together in the past months. It has also been confirmed that the two stars have put their bachelor/ bachelorette pads on the market.

A close friend to the couple explained, “The couple decided to start moving things into their new home because of their busy schedules. Jang Dong Gun is working on a documentary and a film at the moment, and trying to move in together after the wedding didn’t make sense to them time wise.”

The much-talked about wedding between Jang Don Gun and Go So Young will take place on May 2nd. Stay tuned to allkpop for upcoming coverage of their wedding.

http://www.allkpop.com/2010/04/jang-dong-g...usband-and-wife

Guest miniejungle

where are all the regulars Jangers?

thanks Willenette for posting news.. the thread has become more like a news thread nowadays. im missing my other chingus here...

talking about chingus, during my last trip overseas, I managed to catch 2 of Oppa's movies on the plane: Friends and Good morning Mr. President! wooohooo!!! i was so happy cos i couldn't find Friends and haven't had a chance to lay my hand on Good Morning Mr. President either. I must say he was great in both shows, and surely the most handsome president Korea would ever have! (and one that passed wind in front of a girl because he was nervous, hahahaha). Mona, Ms. Posh didn't have much airtime so it was alright for me there, hehehe...

thanks Willenette for posting news.. the thread has become more like a news thread nowadays. im missing my other chingus here...

talking about chingus, during my last trip overseas, I managed to catch 2 of Oppa's movies on the plane: Friends and Good morning Mr. President! wooohooo!!! i was so happy cos i couldn't find Friends and haven't had a chance to lay my hand on Good Morning Mr. President either. I must say he was great in both shows, and surely the most handsome president Korea would ever have! (and one that passed wind in front of a girl because he was nervous, hahahaha). Mona, Ms. Posh didn't have much airtime so it was alright for me there, hehehe...

Hi miniejungle, I watched these 2 movies that you mentioned & I couldn't agree with you more that he's great in these films. JDG just gets so good. :lol:

Shin Min Ah and Kim Nam Gil are the top denim stars

iSTYLE24 conducted a survey from March 17th to April 1st to decide who is the “best denim star” in Korea, with actress Shin Min Ah and actor Kim Nam Gil coming in first.

For the women section, Shin Min Ah placed first with 279 (43%) votes. Placing in 2nd was actress Shin Se Kyung with 176 (27%) votes and Lee Hyori placed third with 133 (21%) votes.

In the men section, Kim Nam Gil was champion with 284 (44%) of the votes. In second was actor Jang Dong Gun with 187 (29%) votes and BEAST leader Doojoon was third with 106 (16%) of the votes.

Do you guys agree or another set of buttocks deserve to be #1?

20100408_denim_2-460x743.jpg

http://www.allkpop.com/2010/04/shin-min-ah...top-denim-stars

Guest TY_KSW

April 5, 2010

Reporter : Ko Kyoung-seok kave@asiae.co.kr

Editor : Lynn Kim lynn2878@asiae.co.kr

http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.ht...040509421892372

oh, he went to Laos?

not Saigon?

oh no, since Laos needs more charity than Saigon !!

Saigon needs him, not charity ^^ :lol:

Hi Hannah!

good chance for your in the plane!

i watched FRIENDS already but still long for the President!

yes, he is the most handsome president ever!! :lol:

kekeke! hope nobody tried to be Monica Lewinski to ruin him in real life!! B)

Guest inezjang

you pretty well know some of us are crying..of happiness if not of broken hearts.........

anyway..the SG fans here are preparing His Gorgeousness wedding cards..and we'll have a get-together soon to talk and pour our poor hearts out.... :P ..and we'll post the gifts/cards to our favourite Korean man...

Guest miniejungle

Inez, how is the wedding card thingy going? let me know if i can contribute anything... :) i think i should send him a card too, with my blessings..

Mona... Monica was very insignificant in that show... her total airtime is less than 10 mins, so rest assured! :)

and now JDG is officially off my desirable bachelor list, hehehe... :P

Guest inezjang

Hannah dearie, the venue is not confirmed yet and i will let u know..

Yes DG will soon be off our hot-bachelor list ..and JKS is on everybody's avie now!!! ;):P

Guest TY_KSW

Mona... Monica was very insignificant in that show... her total airtime is less than 10 mins, so rest assured! :)

Oh really? perfect, just got suffered 10 minutes in a movie! that sound good ^^ :lol:

And i surely know she is totally INsignificant in everyshow! hahahhah! just worry how long will it take in our movie... Luckily, just 10 min ^^

and now JDG is officially off my desirable bachelor list, hehehe... :P

and now, JDG is the 2nd man off my desirable bachelor list! :rolleyes: and also the second man that broke my heart ^^ :o

But always be my ever favorite guys (together with another "taken-man" KSW) :D

Guest ruffluv

Hi chingus, yes, its time for us to count down!

to his sweet time and our "bittersweet" time :P

you mean, our " BITTERsweet" time????

ahhh....i'm a hypocrite to say that his wedding doesn't affect me that much when every second of the day it's killing me like a mutating virus.

Dong Gun...why??? why can't it be me???? :(:(:(

[ChanMi's star news] Wedding in less than a month!

1554480.jpg

Korea's Brad and Angelina couple, Jang Dong-gun and Ko So-young have been sending out their invitation cards for the wedding!

The wedding is to he on May 2nd and the couple have made 650 invitation cards! It's anticipated to have 1000 guests which is a smaller number than what others hoped because of their stardom.

Two top stars will have this wedding like any other traditional wedding and will be a private one, also.

Source : news.nate.com

Translation : Hancinema