Jang Dong Gun 장동건

Admin

Guest kdramafanusa

Son Ye-jin hops aboard new Kang Je-gyu pic

Reporter : Park Kun-ouc | kun1112@asiae.co.kr

기사입력 2010.02.18 22:39 최종수정 2010.02.18 22:39

Actress Son Ye-jin [barunson Entertainment]

Actress Son Ye-jin has joined the cast of top South Korean director Kang Je-gyu's Hollywood debut pic, according to the film's producer on Thursday.

The critically acclaimed actress will play the main female role opposite Hallyu star Jang Dong-gun in the film tentatively titled "My Way," based on the Invasion of Normandy during World War II.

Son will play the role of a woman who agonizes over her love for a Korean man and a Japanese man who both fight in the war.

Sources close to the director had last said producers are in talks with Japanese Takuya Kimura for the war epic, although no additional details have been announced.

A Hollywood production company has said it will invest in the picture by Kang, often dubbed the Steven Spielberg of East Asia. He has produced several of Korea's top films including 1999 hit film "Swiri" and 2004 pic "Tae Guk Gi: The Brotherhood of War" which is the third most-watched Korean film in box office history.

Son, 28, gained popularity in Asia after appearing in TV series "Summer Scent" and was commended for her role in films "The Classic" and "My Wife Got Married", both of which she won awards for Best Actress.

Jang is also an award-winning actor who has won several critical acclaims for his roles in films since his debut in 1993. Industry sources are speculating he will wed his girlfriend actress Ko So-young during the first half of this year.

"My Way" is set to go into shoot starting June in various locations including Korea, Germany and China.

Reporter : Park Kun-ouc kun1112@asiae.co.kr

Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@asiae.co.kr

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

Jang Dong Gun and Ko So Young will marry in May 2010

The famous lovebirds have announced to their family and friends that their wedding date is set for May!

The official announcement is expected to be on March 6, when Jang Dong-gun has his fan meeting at the COEX auditorium in Samsun-dong, Seoul.

Rumors are flying that the soon-to-be Mrs. Jang was spotted shopping for her wedding dress at a bridal shop.

Congratulations to the happy couple! Can you imagine how great looking their offspring will be?

In the meantime, let’s rewind to 1998 where the couple met for their movie “Love Wind, Love song”

Korean celebrities sure don’t age. What is their secret??

Source : popseoul

http://popseoul.com/2010/02/18/jang-dong-g...010/#more-71388

Guest miniejungle

inez.. you voice out my thought! i can't wait for his movie!

i still dont know why they dont get it.. we fans, don't like to be kept in the dark... so please Oppa, just be up front with us. we understand and will support you, just dont lie to us again...

I'm more excited for his new movie with Son YeJin than his marriage...dont know why...

thanks Will for sharing..

You read my soul babe!!

its best if she is Son Yejin!

much better than if they casted a flower vase oppositing him, ^^

wonder if Japanese actor Kimura is the one opposited him in "The Promise" ?

many good news to me these two days, regarding filmings!

Kwon Sang woo to co-star with Go Hyun Jung (not Go So young, lol :lol: ) in Daemul in this coming May

And now, Jang Dong Gun with Son Yeh Jin ^^

Blockbuster war epic My Way casts its two leads

February 18th, 2010

jdg_mw_2.jpgkfa08_sonyejin_9.jpg

Looks like a busy year for Sohn Ye-jin, who is preparing for her upcoming drama series (Personal Taste) and has also announced her next film project: My Way [마이 웨이] starring Jang Dong-gun (in perhaps his last role acting as a single man, if upcoming wedding rumors prove to be accurate).

It also looks like a busy year for period war projects: My Way is set in World War II as a Korean man is conscripted into the Japanese army and follows him as he participates in the Normandy invasion. (Hence the films other working title, D Day.) Sohn Ye-jin is the woman caught in a fateful love triangle between that Korean man (Jang) and a Japanese man.

This film is a reunion for Jang and director Kang Jae-kyu, who directed the blockbuster film Taegukgi six years ago, and therefore the project is already the source of a good amount of buzz. My Way will begin filming in early summer in Korea, Germany, and China.

credit to : Javabeans

Via OSEN

Jang, Son to star in WWII picture

Actress Son Ye-jin has joined the cast of director Kang Je-gyu's upcoming Hollywood feature film debut, according to producers at Kang Je-gyu Films on Thursday.

Son, who enjoys popularity all over Asia through acclaimed films such as "The Classic," will play the female lead opposite Hallyu heartthrob Jang Dong-gun in the film tentatively titled "My Way."

Set during World War II during the Invasion of Normandy, Son will portray a woman torn between her love for a Korean soldier and a Japanese soldier.

Popular Japanese actor Takuya Kimura is in talks to join the cast, according to sources close to the "Taegukgi: The Brotherhood of War" filmmaker.

Shooting is set to begin this June at various locations around the world, including Germany and China.

"My Way" tells the story of a man (Jang) conscripted into the imperial Japanese military who later becomes a soldier for Nazi Germany.

(kws@heraldm.com)

Credit : Korea Herald

http://www.koreaherald.co.kr/NEWKHSITE/dat...01002220162.asp

Guest nitrogen123

I just hope it doesn't take forever and a day until we actually see the movie (not like that warrior movie one.....that we're still waiting and waiting for!!).

On a side note....have these two ever been in a movie together before? I think this is the first time, right?

I just hope it doesn't take forever and a day until we actually see the movie (not like that warrior movie one.....that we're still waiting and waiting for!!).

On a side note....have these two ever been in a movie together before? I think this is the first time, right?

yes, i think so, it is their first time collaboration... Good, isn't it?

Jang Dong Gun to talk about Ko So Young at his upcoming fanmeeting

20091105_soyoungdonggun_main-460x333.jpg

It has been confirmed that Jang Dong Gun will finally open up about all the rumors swirling around regarding his romance with Ko So Young during an upcoming fanmeeting scheduled for March 6th.

In the most recent episode of KBS 2TV’s Yeo Yoo Man Man, which aired on March 1, a spokesperson for Jang Dong Gun’s management company was interviewed regarding Jang Dong Gun’s upcoming fan meeting. During the interview, the spokesperson stated, “The fan meeting will take place on March 6th as previously scheduled. But I cannot the specific topics that will be discussed during the meeting.”

He went on to say, “During the fan meeting, Jang Dong Gun will have a chance to discuss the rumors about his plans to hold a wedding with Ko So Young in the near future.” Furthermore, when the interviewer asked if Ko So Young will be present at the fan meeting, he replied, “No.”

Stay tuned to allkpop for more coverage about the romance blossoming between Jang Dong Gun and Ko So Young following his fanmeeting on March 6th.

201003011013281001_1-160x600.jpg

Source : allkpop

http://www.allkpop.com/2010/03/jang-dong-g...ming-fanmeeting

Kim Yuna is the #1 celebrity in Korea

If you’re to guess the #1 top celebrity in Korea, you’d probably think of megastars like Lee Hyori or Lee Byung Hun; both are incredibly sexy and majorly talented. But Forbes Korea recently conducted a survey and it’s been revealed that Korean Olympic figure skater Kim Yuna is currently the hottest celebrity in Korea!

(skipped.....)

On the chart below you may recognize some of your favorite idols like SNSD, Big Bang and Rain. It’s an honor just to be in the same league as them but to best them all and be #1? That’s quite an amazing feat and such an amazing achievement is almost as great as the creation of the Internet, the discovery of pumpkin pie, and the birth of Walmart. Heck, this accomplishment may be greater than her world breaking record…okay, maybe not but you get the point.

100301_yunakimtopcelebinkorea_1.jpg

http://www.allkpop.com/2010/03/kim-yuna-is...ebrity-in-korea

[ChanMi's star news] Jang Dong-gun and Ko So-young to be wed this May!

tn_1267567263_-2139865554_0.jpg

Top stars Jang Dong-gun and Ko So-young will be wed this May.

The families have met and agreed upon the date! All the details are discussed and the preparations have begun in quiet.

Invitations are to be sent out soon!

It's known that she has been looking for the perfect wedding dress since the beginning of this year.

Jang will tell his fans the details this 6th.

Jang and Ko were kind and informative of their relationship to their fans and did not hide anything from them. Many bless the couple and are glad of this event!

Source : news.nate.com

Translation : Hancinema

Jang Dong Gun and Go So Young are getting married in May

20100131_jdg_ksy.jpg

Can you hear the wedding bells? We all knew this was coming because Jang Dong Gun had basically said he will reveal his wedding plans for him and Go So Young soon but now it’s finally out.

This hot celebrity couple will tie the knot in May. The two are now in the process of making the invitations.They talked seriously about marriage after the holidays and decided it was time. Jang Dong Gun has been making lots of plans by himself and didn’t let it get to the public until now.

Go So Young is planning on distributing the invitations soon. A big hint was given away a little while ago when it was reported that Go So Young was spotted shopping for wedding dresses.

Jang Dong Gun will reveal the details for his biggest fans during his fanmeeting on the 6th. There are only two things that are on my mind right now: 1. How good will their baby look? 2. Just imagine the wedding guest list.

http://www.allkpop.com/2010/03/jang-dong-g...-married-in-may

Thank you lot-lot for sharing the pics here in JDG's thread. They are nice :P How come his hair look so different between the 1st pic (much longer) and the rest? Were they taken at the same time?

Finally, his marriage has been confirmed...although it's been coming but I still feel unreal. Our man is getting married soon :unsure:

Jang Dong-gun to reveal wedding plans at fan meeting

2010030310110190605_1.jpg

Top Korean actor Jang Dong-gun will be revealing his plans to get married in May during an upcoming fan meeting set for the weekend, according to an entertainment industry source.

The source explained that the parents of the Hallyu star and his actress girlfriend Ko So-young recently met and settled on a date for a wedding in May. Jang is expected to tell fans about the news at his fan meeting on March 6.

Another source said the two stars, making preparations for the marriage, are in the process of closing a deal on their new house in Seoul's Heukseuk-dong where they will move into immediately after holding their nuptials.

Jang, one of Korea's top actors who starred in numerous television dramas and movies, made headlines last November after admitting to his two-year romantic relationship with Ko.

The two stars had long sparked dating rumors since they appeared together in 1999 film "Love Wind, Love Song" but it was not until last fall that they officially announced their status as a couple.

The actors were then dogged by wedding rumors which they denied several times saying "there are no detailed plans for a wedding".

Jang is scheduled to start shooting the Kang Je-gyu pic "My Way" in June after the wedding.

Reporter : Ko Kyoung-seok kave@asiae.co.kr

Editor : Lynn Kim lynn2878@asiae.co.kr

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.ht...030310110190605

Guest teukiie

Actors Jang Dong Gun, Kim Seung Woo, Hwang Jung Min, Ji Jin Hee, Gong Hyun Jin and actress Lee Ha Na have come together to form the musical group, Actor’s Choice.

As they call themselves the Actor’s Choice, the six debuted their special project called We Online O.S.T. The group recorded and sang their first track together titled We, and plans to release the music video very soon.

The actors know that times are pretty tough right now so they created this song so that no matter how hard life gets this song will be able to cheer a person up and give them hope. The track is 5minutes and 30 seconds of the actors’ true sincere feelings.

A teaser documentary/BTS will be released on the 3rd and the full music video will be released on the 5th.

Source: http://www.allkpop.com/2010/03/6-actors-un...a-musical-group

See more pictures at the source!

March 3, 2010

Jang Dong-keon and Ko So-young to announce engagement to fans

장동건, 6일 팬미팅서 5월 결혼계획 밝힌다

03192714.jpg

Actor Jang Dong-keon and actress Ko So-young will confirm this week that they’re tying the knot come May, according to an entertainment industry official.

"Jang Dong-keon and Ko So-young are currently secretly planning their wedding for the spring, which they will soon announce publicly," the official said.

Jang will meet with his fans from home and abroad on March 6, which is his birthday. It's widely expected that he will publicly comment for the first time on his upcoming nuptials to Ko. The meeting with fans will be held at the COEX auditorium in Samseong-dong, southern Seoul.

"Jang Dong-keon will likely reveal his plans to marry So-young when he meets his fans that day," said an official from his talent agency. "He will probably talk specifics about his wedding plans."

Recently, there have been rumors flying that the couple has already made reservations for their wedding at a five-star hotel in Seoul and that Ko is shopping for wedding necessities like furniture and gifts for guests. She has also been photographed at a wedding shop in Cheongdam-dong, southern Seoul, wearing her wedding dress.

Credit : JoongAngDaily

http://joongangdaily.joins.com/article/view.asp?aid=2917317

congrats to JDG for his new movie and his upcoming wedding :)

here's one more article regarding his wedding plans

Jang, Ko to tie knot in May

Jang Dong-gun and Ko So-young, whom some call the Korean version of Brangelina, will get married in May, a local sports daily reported yesterday. The date, although yet to be confirmed, will likely be the 15th.

A source close to Jang told the daily: "Jang's getting married in May has become a fact. He recently refused to renew his modeling contract with apparel maker Giordano, saying that he is too old for the post, but it is speculated that the decision was due to his wedding schedule."

The two, known to have been dating for more than two years, revealed their relationship to the public in November.

Since then, they are known to have begun wedding preparations. The two's parents also reportedly met during the lunar New Year holidays last month.

According to the report, Jang has been seeing to printing wedding invitations and booking the wedding venue. The couple is said to be considering The Shilla Seoul's Youngbin Hall. The hall is currently undergoing a renovation but is set to reopen May 15.

Jang is expected to formally announce wedding plans at his fan meeting on March 6 at COEX Auditorium in Samsung-dong, Seoul.

Credits : Koh Young-aah (youngaah@heraldm.com)

Source : The Korea Herald