[Drama 2012] Fashion King 패션왕

Admin

Some character profiles from Fashion King's official site.  cr: leesa86 @ AKP for the translation

Yoo Ah In's character - Kang Young Gul

"Actor Yoo Ah In will play the role of Kang Young Gul, a male in his late  20′s who has never had real goals, or dreamt of a bright future. He let  others walk all over him his entire life, and only prayed that he would  never cause any harm to hinderance to anyone. In a world where he was  told that having a vision for life was foolish, he meets a woman who  inspires him to run towards his dreams."

Kwon Yuri's character - Choi Anna

"Girls’ Generation’s Kwon Yuri will be playing the role of Choi Anna, a  girl in her early 20′s who looks perfectly polished on the outside, but  deep inside, desperately longs for companionship. She worked so hard to  appear confident, and developed a thick skin in order to endure her life  that is full of pain and heartache. But now, she’s ready to stop  pretending."

Shin Se Kyung's character - Lee Ga Young

"Actress Shin Se Kyung will be playing the role of Lee Ga Young, a woman  in her early 20′s who although lived a difficult life but never gave up  on hope of better days. She was determined that she too, would one day  become a designer just like her mother. One fateful day she meets a new  man, and the two of them seek out to fulfill their dreams together."

Lee Je Hoon's character - Jung Jae Hyuk

"Actor Lee Je Hoon will play the role of Jung Jae Hyuk, a male in his  late 20′s. He has always had it all, and never felt like he was missing  anything in life. That is, until he meets a girl that gives him  something to live for."

A couple of pics of Yoo Ah In shooting Fashion King's poster(s).

tumblr_lyrkl1N9PH1qhwo89o2_400.jpg

tumblr_lyrkl1N9PH1qhwo89o1_500.jpg

cr: oildragon_eyes for the pics

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest couch_tomato

This looks promising! Such a great looking cast as well. It's kind of hard to tell at this point who is going to be paired up with who

Guest kimmiemai

I find it interesting how they chose to put cartoon pixs on "Fashion King" main website... purposely tried to get people confused with the popular web cartoon "Fashion King"?

Anyhow, I can't wait to see this. :)

Still Cuts from Yoo Ah In's Upcoming Drama "Fashion King" Revealed

6863ff36bcd70fcc15affaee29483ace_large.jpg

2e43ee85d65fa8edf400dc1e85aaf23a_large.jpg

Still cuts from Yoo Ah In's upcoming drama, "Fashion King" have been revealed and are sparking much interest. On February 6, the SBS posted still cuts of Yoo Ah In from the drama.  The captions along with the still cuts read, "Can you feel Young Gul's (Yoo Ah In) fiery charisma seeping through his facial expressions and body movements? What could Young Gul possibly want from these markets? All of the fans who are waiting for 'Fashion King,' please wait a bit more for the first episode."

In the still cuts, Yoo Ah In is donning a fierce haircut and is wearing a slightly delinquent facial expression, which generated much curiosity from the viewers. This was a different kind of delinquency from the movie, "Wandeugi" (aka "Punch").

Netizens who came across these photos said, "I can't wait for 'Fashion King,'" "I'm so excited for Yoo Ah In in this drama," "Just by looking at his face, my anticipation is rising," and more.

"Fashion King" is a story about a young man, who dreams of becoming a worldwide fashion designer and starts with the streets of the Dongdaemun Market. "Fashion King" will be the follow-up drama to "Salaryman Chohanji" and will air on March 12.

http://www.soompi.com/news/still-cuts-from-yoo-ah-ins-upcoming-drama-fashion-king-revealed

cr: jnkm @ soompi

Cast of ‘Fashion King’ heads to New York to start filming on February 13th!

The cast and crew of the upcoming SBS drama ‘Fashion King’ will be leaving for fashion city, New York to kick off their production very soon.

In order to film for the drama that will start airing in March, the cast, Yoo Ah In, Shin Se Kyung, Kwon Yuri and Lee Je Hoon, will be going to New York to film the first scene where all four members first met each other. They will film for two weeks starting from February 13th on location in New York.

The production team of ‘Fashion King’ confirmed, “On February 10th, the production staff will head to New York first and film the streets and sights of the city, while the actors will arrive on the February 13th and film on location for two weeks.”

He continued, “We will film at the New York fashion school, as well as the trendy streets of New York and film the scene where the four main cast members first meet.”

‘Fashion King’ is a story about young designers wanting to become world class designers but having to start off small at the Dong Dae Mun Markets. The cast will include Yoo Ah In, Shin Se Kyung, Girls’ Generation Yuri and Lee Je Hoon.

The first episode of ‘Fashion King’ will air on March 12th.

Cr: geeyoung123 @ fanwonder.com

Cast of SBS’s ‘Fashion King’ to shoot scenes in NYC & Vegas

Actors Yoo Ah In, Shin Se Kyung, and  Girls' Generation member Yuri will be heading to the States to film scenes for SBS‘s new drama series, ‘Fashion King‘.

The shoot will take place both in New York City and Las Vegas from  February 11th through the 23rd, and all the main characters will be in  attendance. Yoo Ah In, Shin Se Kyung, and Yuri all have independent  scenes to shoot in Las Vegas, and so they will be the first to head  overseas.

Staff members remarked, “The beginning of the script is extremely  important, as the characters travel to New York with their individual  stories and backgrounds; the story unfolds as they experience different  things in the city. We have invested a lot of time and resources into  this drama by filming overseas, and we plan to make it worthwhile by  capturing the unique essence of ‘Fashion King’ on film.”

New York City will be hosting its annual ‘Fashion Week’ during their  stay, which collaborates perfectly with the stars’ arrival. It’s likely  that elements from the week-long fashion event will be found in the  scenes.

‘Fashion King’ tells the story of determined young people who started  out in Korea’s Dongdaemun area; they eventually transform into  internationally-acclaimed designers. The first episode airs on March  12th at 9:55 p.m. KST.

cr: leesa86 @ AKP

82e2677ddd233d1ed62b56cd291a9647_40538551.55008668.jpg5064655e7d28414bbe4e36f831a7af9b_40538557.88214712.jpgee3d53594e9ff3c25dfd0e133584caae_40538560.26375869.pngd93d8942e7c731b0299fd03766e78da1_40538567.39966184.pngc11c14dac7d02e6cc9c97a6a9067f239_40538568.80525844.jpg

cre: KST

Hi all,

My first time posting here. Couldn't resist after seeing the pic with a  smiling YAI.

Sorry if these have been posted before. Guess these might be from his 'on the road' days before he meets the girl. The story is pretty intense and all the four characters seem to have lots to do. I like tracks where there are twists n turns n this one seems to have a lot.  YAI really chooses different roles, so hope this one will also be 'special'.

Welcome to the FK thread, mimi26! :)

Yuri Gives Chocolates to 'Fashion King' Staff for Valentine's Day

598324%281%29-m500333_86917.JPG

Girls’ Generation’s Yuri warmed the hearts of the staff of her upcoming SBS Monday/Tuesday drama, “Fashion King”.

According to the staff, during the filming of “Fashion King” on  February 14th Yuri gave staff members chocolates and a card carrying a  support message reading, “Our ‘Fashion King’ family who is always  working hard, eat something sweet, and fighting.”

In order to prepare chocolates that Yuri liked, it was said that she  went around markets and malls in New York for four hours. She stated,  “I prepared this as a way of giving a little joy to the staff members  who are separated from their families/lovers in order to film [the  drama]. It seems they all enjoyed it so I’m satisfied.”

The staff stated, “I think getting Valentine chocolates from  heartthrob Yuri is better than getting them from a significant other. I  don’t think I’ll be able to forget 2012 Valentine’s Day.”

Source: Osen via Daum

Cr: ch0sshi@soshified.com

201202161607411001_2.jpg

598324%280%29-m500751_86917.JPG

So sweet and thoughtful of Yuri to do that for the Fk crew. Haha of course the card was a Mickey Mouse one..cute card. :wub:

@dalin: thnx for keeping this thread alive dear. appreciate all the hard work. :)

cant wait for more news/bts pixs or any snippets reg the drama.

yuri & ljh seriously look good & kinda cute together. in the pix where they sat next to each other is my fav coz ljh looked like he's proud getting the chance to sit beside her. aww..

yuri looks so beautiful & younger w/out heavy makeup and someone from yurisistable's thread said maybe this is a scene from the past. i couldnt agree more but we just have to wait for it to be sure. teehee..

fashion king drama hwaiting!~ ♥

Guest ♥♥PowerOf9

Hello everybody :) I've been lurking here haha~! I have a question!! Is Yuri the lead actress?? Please let her end up with Yoo Ah In T.T lol

Hello everybody :) I've been lurking here haha~! I have a question!! Is Yuri the lead actress?? Please let her end up with Yoo Ah In T.T lol

hi there. i'm here to answer ur Q. as much as i want to say yes coz i love yuri tht much but sadly the real answer is no. she's the 2nd female lead meaning she has an important role too in the drama, hopefully. :)

i really wish she has a happy ending with one of the male be it yoo ah in/ lee jae hoon, i dont mind coz i adore both actually. teehee.

Girls’ Generation’s Yuri & Lee Je Hoon start filming ‘Fashion King’ in NYC

On February 16th, actor Lee Je Hoon and Girls’ Generation‘s Yuri filmed their first scene together for ‘Fashion King‘ in New York City.

Though the two were nervous before they began their shoot as they listened to PD Lee Myung Woo‘s instructions, they shed their inner doubts as soon as the director shouted, “Action“!

Lee Jae Hoon arrived in New York on the night of February 15th and  didn’t get to sleep as he had to be on set by 7:00 a.m. the next day.

Lee Jae Hoon revealed, “While flying to New York, I felt exciting  about filming. Because of the time difference and my nervousness, I  couldn’t sleep. Even though I’m tired, I want to work hard so I can  sleep easily tonight with a content mind. I will take the initiative to  make the whole drama great, as it is not a drama involving only myself.

‘Fashion King’ will air its pilot episode on March 12th

Source + Image: Sports Seoul via Nate

Cr: kdramacrazy @ AKP

@dalin: thnx for keeping this thread alive dear. appreciate all the hard work. :)

No prob. Being that it's Yuri's first drama, I want to show support any way I can. :D

Behind the scenes VIDEO of the cast filming in Brooklyn, NY!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=bu1bnoBS8rs

cr: uploader

Yoo Ah In - starts appearing in the video @0:41

Shin Se Kyung - starts appearing @0:52

Yuri - starts appearing @1:18

Je Hoon - appears only @2:15 (if you blink you might miss him b/c it was so quick)

There's was a lot of YAI and SSK BTS shots in that video. That night Yuri only filmed for 10 mins according to a fan account. It looks like Je Hoon was standing across from SSK.

Yuri looks sooooooooooooooo GORGEOUS while filming! I wonder why YAI & SSK gets arrested in one of the scenes they were shooting. AHHHHHH so excited to see this drama!!!!

Archived