[Movie 2004] A Moment To Remember 내 머리 속의 지우

dearskye.

Guest maysapaw

i wonder if this movie is like stairway to heaven where the girl leaves and comes back and leaves and comes back and leaves and comes back, which got really annoying...i want to buy the dvd, but i'm afraid it's gonna be like stairway to heaven witht he leaving and coming back

no it is not in any way like that.

it is a love story through and through without the unnecessary wailing and crying.

on another level it is the same for the reason that their love (especially the guy) knows no bounds.

i highly recommend this movie (which i cannot say the same for STH, imo only :) )

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i wonder if this movie is like stairway to heaven where the girl leaves and comes back and leaves and comes back and leaves and comes back, which got really annoying...i want to buy the dvd, but i'm afraid it's gonna be like stairway to heaven witht he leaving and coming back

This movie is not like STH at all. Give it a try. It has sparked a new wave of Korean fever in Japan.

I have a feeling you will be crying more than the characters in the movie when you finally watch this movie.

Japanese movie goers prefer JWS and Ye jin over Brad Pitts and Angelina Jolie during weekdays

The box office of AMTR is higher than Mr. & Mrs. Smith in the last few days even though AMTR is in its 7th week of screening versus the debut screening of Mr. & Mrs. Smith.

1000390_01.jpgvs. 1000510_01.jpg

Japan Weekdays Box Office 5 - 9 Dec 2005

1. Harry Potters

2. A Moment To Remember (Eraser) (7th week)

3. 大停電の夜に

4. Mr. & Mrs. Smith (1st week)

5. AlWAYS

6. The Brothers Grimm

7. ElizabethTown

8. 同じ月を見ている

9. Spring Snow

10. In Her Shoes

Source: http://broadband.biglobe.ne.jp/index_ranking.html

History of Eraser's Japan Box Office

22-23 Oct 05 weekend, No.1

24-28 Oct 05 weekdays, No.1

29-30 Oct 05 weekend, No.1

31 Oct - 4 Nov weekdays, No.1

5-6 Nov weekend, No.2

7-11 Nov weekdays, No.1

12-13 Nov weekend, No.2

14-18 Nov weekdays, No.2

19-20 Nov Weekend, No.2

21-25 Nov Weekdays, No.1

26-27 Nov Weekend, No.3

28 Nov - 2 Dec, Weekdays, No.2

3-4 Dec, Weekend, No.4

5-9 Dec, Weekdays, No.2

AMTR confirmed as top grossing Korean movie in Japan

200512070000561in_07.jpg

MyDaily (korean press) reported that Eraser has become the top grossing Korean movie in Japan.

It has achieved total box office income of 2.75 billion yen in 7 weeks of screening (versus 2.72 billion achieved by April Snow). Article also wrote that it is the fastest movie to achieve 2.7 billion yen within 7 weeks (This statistic is rather insignificant since only two Korean movies have ever achieved 2.7 billion yen.)

Article included the box office ranking of AMTR which was as follow:

Weekend 1: No. 1

Weekend 2: No. 1

Weekend 3: No. 2

Weekend 4: No. 2

Weekend 5: No. 2

Weekend 6: No. 3

Weekend 7: No. 4

Full MyDaily article reposted from www.iyejin.com

A weekend dominated by new debut movies. Eraser finally moved out of top 5.

Considering Eraser is at its 8th week of screening and still able to stay in the top 10 in a weekend with so many new debut movies, its performance has been good indeed. Many other movies such as The Brother Grimm, Spring Snow have been pushed out of the top 10 as a result.

Japan Weekend Box Office 10 - 11 Dec 2005

1. Harry Potters

2. Mr. & Mrs. Smith

3. Stormy Night (NEW)

B00676_01.jpg

4. Memoirs Of A Geisha (NEW)

B00696_01.jpg

5. Pretty Cure Max Heart 2 (NEW)

B00692_01.jpg

6. ALWAYS (6th week)

7. Zathura (NEW)

B00670_01.jpg

8. A Moment To Remember (Eraser) (8th week)

9. Empire Of The Wolves (NEW)

B00682_01.jpg

10. In Her Shoes (5th week)

Source: http://movie.nifty.com/as/column/movie_685/1.htm

5-6 Nov weekend, No.2

7-11 Nov weekdays, No.1

12-13 Nov weekend, No.2

14-18 Nov weekdays, No.2

19-20 Nov Weekend, No.2

21-25 Nov Weekdays, No.1

26-27 Nov Weekend, No.3

3-4 Dec, Weekend, No.4

5-9 Dec, Weekdays, No.2

10-11 Dec, Weekend, No.8

AMTR broke 2.9 billion yen box office income, heading higher

snapshot200512141340012mb.jpgsnapshot200512141340103rm.jpg

snapshot200512141340216mw.jpgsnapshot200512141340457yf.jpg

(Notes left behind by viewers in a Tokyo cinema)

According to YTN Tokyo report, AMTR has attracted 2.3 million Japanese movie goers and have achieved 2.9 billion yen total box office income.

In the same article, it also reported that AMTR has appealed to young Japanese movie goers.

snapshot200512141343376un.jpgsnapshot200512141340344oj.jpg

Source: YTN Tokyo

News video clip: mms://mmc.daumcast.net/tvnews/ytni/200512/14/200512141026011441_s.wmv

syjfan: A whisker away from 3 billion yen ....ajar ajar fighting! I think the movie has appealed to young japanese movie goers because it is about the love of a young couple. Su jin was supposed to be 27 years old in the movie but she is really to 23 in real life...he he...

Top 10 grossing movies in Japan in 2005

1. Revenge of Star Wars Episode 3 (Fox) 9.2 billion yen

2. War of the Worlds (UIP) 6.0 billion yen

3. Charlies and the Chocolate Factory (Warner) 5.3 billion yen

4. Mr. Incredible (Viena Vista) 5.3 billion yen

5. The Terminal (UIP) 4.2 billion yen

6. Phanton of the Opera (Gaga) 4.2 billion yen

7. Ocean Twelve (Warner) 3.6 billion yen

8. A Moment To Remember (Gaga) 3.0 billion yen

9. April Snow (UIP) 2.8 billion yen

10.Constantine (Warner) 2.7 billion yen

Reposted from www.iyejin.com

Japan source: http://www.eiga.com/buzz/051213/10.shtml

Reported by MyDaily Korea

Japan weekdays 12 - 16 Dec 2005 Box Office Ranking

1. Harry Potters & the Goblet of Fire (1st week)

2. Memoirs Of A Geisha (1st week)

3. Mr. & Mrs. Smith (2nd week)

4. Stormy Night (1st week)

5. Zathura (1st week)

6. Pretty Cure Max Heart 2 (1st week)

7. ALWAYS (6th week)

8. A Moment To Remember (Eraser) (8th week )

9. Empire Of The Wolves (1st week)

10.In Her Shoes (5th week)

Source:

http://broadband.biglobe.ne.jp/index_ranking.html

5-6 Nov weekend, No.2

7-11 Nov weekdays, No.1

12-13 Nov weekend, No.2

14-18 Nov weekdays, No.2

19-20 Nov Weekend, No.2

21-25 Nov Weekdays, No.1

26-27 Nov Weekend, No.3

3-4 Dec, Weekend, No.4

5-9 Dec, Weekdays, No.2

10-11 Dec, Weekend, No.8

12-16 Dec, Weekdays, No.8

this was what i thought it would be too but i was wrong. this story was so amazing and it purely concentrated on how these two fall in love and how they deal with her sickness. you really see the two characters, who seem a bit lost at the beginning, find themselves through each other and i was so happy the ending wasnt random or out of nowhere. it was realistic and beautiful. it was one of those one liners that just give u a 'chill' haha maybe it was just me.

but definitely makes my favorite movies of all time.

woah. just finished the movie and came looking for its thread. thanks cristal for opening it. this movie was really something clean and something that really stands out. i guess this is one of the best ones ive watched so far. the two of them really made a good couple and they looked so sweet together, they seriously beat the other drama and movie couples. though, she remembered everything at the last part, and when he finally used that line right? i guess the director's cut was better than the movie, coz of the review by sandrydc (correct me if im wrong) said that the parts where they were going out weren't showed in the theatrical version. he's hot and she's gorgeous. this movie was something unregretable i can say.

woah. just finished the movie and came looking for its thread. thanks cristal for opening it. this movie was really something clean and something that really stands out. i guess this is one of the best ones ive watched so far. the two of them really made a good couple and they looked so sweet together, they seriously beat the other drama and movie couples. though, she remembered everything at the last part, and when he finally used that line right? i guess the director's cut was better than the movie, coz of the review by sandrydc (correct me if im wrong) said that the parts where they were going out weren't showed in the theatrical version. he's hot and she's gorgeous. this movie was something unregretable i can say.

Well said. JWS and Ye jin were voted the no. 2 Romeo and Juliet of Korea in 2004 in a Korean TV program. No.1 couple was from Sorry I love you and all the top 10 were from TV dramas except JWS and Ye jin from AMTR.

Posted by Rubie under the News Thread

AMTR Japan Box Office Record recognised by Korean Film Council

admin_20051214183115_1.jpg

Korean melodrama A Moment to Remember, a story based on a famous Japanese TV series, has become the best-selling Korean film ever released in Japan.

As of December 4, the film had amassed 2.75 billion yen at the Japanese box office, passing the 2.72 billion yen earned by rival Korean melodrama April Snow. After eight weeks the film is still at #4 in the weekly box office.

Directed by John H. LEE, the film tells the story of a woman who falls in love with a construction worker, but later discovers that she is suffering from progressive memory loss. It features well known stars JUNG Woo-sung (Musa) and SON Ye-jin, who incidentally also takes a leading role in April Snow.

The film is produced by Sidus Pictures, and was financed and distributed in Korea by CJ Entertainment. The Japanese distributor of the film is Gaga Communications.

Source: Korean Film Council, http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/attach/tbnewd0...214183115_1.jpg

Syjfan: The total box office income has increased to 2.9 billion yen as at 13 December as AMTR is still screening.

Does anyone has a link for Forget Me - Gumi (Not the guitar version). I love that song. I didn't find it under the OST thread. I'll appreciate the reply. Thanks

Guest Alxneeds2gopee

just got the dvd in the mail i was bummed cause my dvd couldn't support it so i played it on my comp and you all were right it was really good

just got the dvd in the mail i was bummed cause my dvd couldn't support it so i played it on my comp and you all were right it was really good

Many viewers reported that the second or third viewing was the most emotional. Please come and write your feedbacks after you have watched 2 or 3 times ^_^

Guest liu_xing_girl

i just watched AMTR and i just love it! definitely makes it as one of my faves. the story's very touching. i really admire Chul-soo's love for Su-jin. and i have to admit that JWS looked HOT in this film. kinda like his ruggedly handsome look here. plus his character seemed so macho yet so loving & caring. definitely a thumbs up for this movie! :D

Guest Alxneeds2gopee

Many viewers reported that the second or third viewing was the most emotional. Please come and write your feedbacks after you have watched 2 or 3 times ^_^

i'm a guy and i've havn't cried since i was 9 when i used to get spanking lol i can say that this movie almostttttt made me cry i started kinnnda tearing up and getting choked up on the letter scene... LOL

anyways... yes to me it gets better the more i see it

the homeless guy was hella funny... so passionate about a light awesome lol

i also like how they didn't bother to add unneccessary scenes that would of made the movie boring, such as the wedding (i feel like if they would of shown the wedding it would of lost my interest)

Guest Dachink

I only watched it once cuz I haven't got the courage to watch it again :( to emotional to the point that thinking about it makes me cry -_-

Archived