[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest F4fan

Enjoyed all the scenes related to JP and JD, even the JK moments. They bring so much life to the screen. All the other parts, I can skip and watch later. I loved how JP found out about JD's shoulders. It was brilliant but I think YJ will do pottery again. He's just going through a tough time.

Many of you said that JK was similar to JP in their courting methods. Yes, they do come on strong but JP switched tactics much sooner than JK because JD let him know what she was willing to accept or expect out of him. JP signals indifference to JK so she continues to double her efforts using the same strategy. It makes her look desperate. I think at the breakfast table, he looks at her with understanding and pity. Understanding that he has experienced eating alone and pity for having experienced eating with a family. He wanted to at least give her that experience just like Jandi's family did for him.

The Woobin bridge scene -- I hope the PD is going to explain that just as I hope they explain the conversation between JD and JK.

JP-JD: I love their chemistry. That said, JD -- you go girl! Extremely happy that she is not going to fall so easily for JP. She is willing to be nice but she isn't willing to risk her heart again. What we have seen from her in the last couple episodes is while she is hurt by him, she has also hardened her heart. She won't spend any unnecessary time with him or speak more than needed. When he offered his hand in neighborly friendship, she outright scorns him. He knows he has to earn back her trust and her love. She is right in keeping him at arms length. He hasn't fully made up his mind that he will fight his mother for her. He gets close than he pulls back. But don't fight forever either.

JD-JH: She is going to repay back all the times he has stood silently by her side as she gathers herself and all the times, he supported her in her dreams by nursing him and finding a way to reconcile him and his Grandfather. I still don't think she feels any more than friendship with him. Because both of them are perceptive and empathetic, they understand each other really well. I think the Grandfather/JH arc is going to resolve itself very soon.

Guest dreampryncezz

I think the two of them should get married, since Soeul is a wreck now.

LOL!

That's such a random of comment. Yijung and Woobin? Well, I did see some chemistry when they were walking out of the skiing resort together!

Guest Bamidele

I'm watching episode 17 and have a few rants to let out

1) OMG can Ji Hoo have a life outside of Jan Di's...the guy has way too much free time.

2) Yi Jung's dad reminds me a a pug, he is really annoying and he purses his lips everytime he talk. He sounds like he is drunk whenever he opens his mouth.

3) JK is annoying...but you already know that.

Guest pcm_0101

AH, my fav ep of season 2..

OMG i've been waiting for another cute episode for the longest time..

its been dragging for soo long that ep 18 is a major relief...

eventhough i find it so riduculous how JP nvr has apologized to jandhi or his actions

but how he is trying to gain a relationship with again is adorable!

and you know what, although wonbin's part is majorly out of the blue, im ghlad they gave him a minor storyline..maybe they should cut down on Yi Jung's story a bit more and give wonbin a little atttention..

and jihoo's character is already big as it is that he doesnt even need his grandfather to be in the drama

@robbo4: Well, people mostly think she's annoying because she's an active obstacle in the way of the show's OTP, Junpyo and Jandi. I doubt they would hate her if she was the sole love interest of another character. And I'm sure if Yijung was coming on to Junpyo and trying to steal his love instead of being all loveydovey with Woobin/Gaeul, they'd find him a bit annoying as well-

...Well, maybe not. xD

Remember, this show is mostly watched by irrational fangirls, and so being a hot guy makes up for a lot.

Well... Let's also not forget her voice. Although I do try very hard to forget her voice. I don't know if they purposely found someone with an annoying voice, or if she's only making her voice annoying for this drama. Although, I find that most korean actors and actresses rely on their looks more than any real acting skills. Really, a successful Korean actress is marked by 2 traits: (1) her ability to cry on demand; and (2) her looks. But that's for another discussion....

Continuing on, Monkey Girl is annoying because of (in this order):

1. Her voice

2. Her voice

3. Her voice

4. She's JD's rival

5. She keeps clinging onto JP (did anyone else notice that she's always hanging onto his arm? I wish he'd throw her arm off)

6. She keeps chasing JP even after he's made it clear that he doesn't like her

7. There's nothing about her that makes her endearing to us. She was just suddenly thrown into the story so the audience isn't given any time to like her

8. Given all her advantages (her choebul background) you expect her to have even just one redeeming quality. For instance, the F4 are all smart, JH has his musical talent, and YJ his pottery. With Monkey Girl, we see nothing: no brains, no manners, no close friendships. She seems to be a fairly easy-going person (i.e. she tries to make friends with JD, but then it's only really after she realizes that JD is friends with JP. Seriously, in Macau, did she even bother to ask JD what her name is? I think she only stepped in to help JD because she felt like playing at being a hero that day. And ultimately, what was the risk to her when she had all her bodyguards there to protect her?). But, again, nothing to really like about her so far.

I hope that once she lets go of JP and joins the JP-JD supporters, we will begin to see more of her better qualities. For instance, her antics may be interesting to see when she tries to outwit JP's mom. Also, that type of story arc will allow for her character to develop more; we would be able to see her loyalty to JD as a friend.

I remember back a hundred or so pages ago someone wrote that JK was supposed to be the rich version of JD. Well, I disagreed then and after today's episode I totally disagree. This girl is no JD. She is a spoiled, rich brat. She doesn't love JP. She only wants what she can't have. She is not use to being told NO! JK is beyond irritating and is just annoying. If a man had told me that he didn't want me and that there's someone for me out there since I'm not completely ugly, I would have been gone in a flash. No breakfast, no couple rings, no nothing.

I wouldn't worry about JP falling for JK. It's obvious that he is still very much in love with JD and is still having her followed and photographed. Also, everything that JK does leads him back home to JD.

edit

I don't think YJ's hand is permanently damaged. I think that right now he is just depressed and is magnifying the injury. He doesn't know yet what the impact is because the bandages have not come off. Seems that this was just a lead in to tell JP about JD. Both of them were injured because of the actions of others. YJ because of the fight he had with his father leading to memories of his lost love and JD because of her loves past behavior and her need to try to save him.

The Woobin story arc may not have been so random. It seems that with everything that is going on, all of the obstacles the F4 are facing. I feel that WB is thinking back on how YJ was there for him and how he is closer to them than his own family. And yes, WB was the one who made the phone call to YJ., probably to just hang out.

I too think the line from the preview was Mama Kang to JD. Didn't she ask JD something along these lines before? But wow, if it's JH to JP, JD's courage most have worn off on JH. He said himself he's not comfortable around people. Can't wait to see tomorrow's episode. I'm dying to find out who said it and more JoonDi moments.

What a love story.... full of ups and downs....

Starting from Ep 1 where we meet the main characters and then the indecision on JD's part.

I mean, JH is/was her first love but when she decided to let him go, she managed to put him in the friend box.

Although I feel sorry for JH and the fact that he could have had her if not because of JP, in the end JD would have ended up with JP.

Even in the manga when Makino was thinking if she would/could have ended up with Rui, she felt that no matter what , something always pulls her back to Tsukasa.

They were inevitably for each other. We see that there would be less obstacles if JD ended up with JH. His grandfather likes her, no parents to oppose a relationship between JH and JD but I think JD would have not felt all the emotions of falling in love. The happiness ( swing), the pain (bridge), the embarrassment (selling the rice cakes) and punch to the gut ( JP and JK) .....hopefully there will be reasons shown in the drama why JD still wants to be in the relationship.

As for JP, he gives me hope because I know he will not waver in his love for JD. Even if JK was to dance naked (banish the thought!!) in front of him, he will not be affected. Looking at his emotionless face, if she persists in marrying him, all she will see is his back whenever he leaves her.

I am enjoying this version of BOF so much. I just hope the cast and crew know that we appreciate all their hard work and I for one wish them the best in their next project. I also hope that they are able to get some decent rest and down time after all the accidents and tragedies.

Guest hillz3388

yay!! this episode is deffo a "breather" compared to the last 2 epi!! lolz, well thats because therez way much moree JOONDI moments flying around! but it did get annoying with the JK coming to JP house etc tho!!

and i found the scene where JD, KS and JP eating ramen well funni!! JP asked for more and JD complained about not even having a mouthful of it! haha! D: there were blaintly boxes, and i mean boxes stacked up when JP walked into JD house complaining about her coming home late!! lolz!! :lol:

all the love bickering is back!! love it!! and as a few of yaz have already mentioned, its nice to see them have their original personalities back!! itz somewhat "refreshing!!" XD

jechoi1 ~ i agree that JK voice is rather annoying in the drama, but she actually sounds normal/not as annoying when shes off camera. lolz!! think its on one of the BTS clips where she gets inerviewed briefly and sounded fine!! but, yeh her voice does me head in in the drama tho! esp when shez talking to JP ._.

-edit-

also in the ramen scene, it was so cute how JP thought JD's ramen looked tastier than his and took it n ate it!! :lol:

V bellaangel012 ~ theres nothing wrong with the aja-aja site. MU only allows u to download to a certain amount/MB per day. and u may have very well exceeded the download limit allowed. try again after an hour =]

or try http://k-aigo.soopie.net/bof/ she has it uploaded on MF and MU

Guest dada.love.is

im just happy and glad that B.O.F was back- i did think the episodes didnt flow as well- but it is understandable due to the circumstances and with the injuries the casts has obtained!!

i really like the new songs on the OST but i am annoyed at how they are used- it just seems so out of place!! i love the A'ST1- missing heart song= but the way it was used with the jandi and ji hoo in the library it didnt to me anyway feel like it was suitable- at one point it kinda just looked like a music video with the cute girl who was harbouring a crush on a guy and she was cutely stalking him in the library- it just didnt seem part of B.O.F but jihoo looked so cute and handsome though awwwies!!

im glad that woobin has more screen time i do like him and i do think he is a good actor- the scenes between him and yi jung hehe for a few secs when yi jung grabbed woobin and pushed him onto the bonnet i thought kibum was going to kiss him!!!

i cant wait for tomorrows episode, i feel sorry for F4- they all have such hard lives i hope they can get some happinness soon!!

Edit: Thanks sheherizade3, heading over to YT to watch the mv.

Hope you did not watch it dramalovers26 cuz I was disappointed with ep. 18, the reason I made the mv in the first place. I was even teary eyed, heller, watching the sweet moments of JP and JD and even chose the sappiest song to commemorate their reconciliation. Now I’m embarrassed boo hoo hoo…..

PR for what?

What Jandi can do for Shinwa ?

She know nothing about business and has no manner.

Rich and powerful guys must have girlfriend and wife, but they are must be in the same level..or even better like JK.

Shinwa does not need the Cinderella here.

If Jandi can tame F4, think what she can do for Shinwa. If you ask me, she has more class than JK and the reasons are obvious. Why do you think JK is better than JD and what do you mean by JD not having any manners? When Donald Trump married his first wife, Ivana, she was a model and did not even have any business background. She also came from a poor family. But tell you this; she turned out to be Donald’s greatest asset in business. She was brilliant as a businesswoman and executive of the Trump group of companies. It was unfortunate that she signed a pre-nuptial agreement because frankly speaking, for all her hard work, she deserved half of his estate. The fact that JD at a young age can juggle family, school and work is already a step towards the right direction; it’s what you call the “school of hard knocks” like on-the-job-training which is the best experience. She is tough and resilient, very good qualities for business. Do you think all the billionaires out there are business graduates? Bill Gates did not finish university, the owner of Virgin Atlantic Airlines, Richard Branson was a highschool dropout who was kicked from his home by his dad (I just can’t recall the reason but I think it was because of drugs or alcohol). He started his business by selling CDs.

i'm really getting sick of all the "people-placement" that they're doing with this drama by having up-and-coming actors come in and out of the story. there's not even enough time to develop the main/supporting cast. i know these random people are supposed to help develop the plot and the characters, but seriously the main cast spend more time w/ these random characters than w/ each other. you can totally tell the production company got paid big bucks by management agencies and is just using this drama to try to advertise as many young stars as possible. [/rant]

Amen. Totally agree with you. I hope this does not go the way of “My Girl” where, towards the end, the episodes just went downhill, focusing on the angst of the grandfather and main characters which was totally pointless, dragged and turned the episodes to heavy drama (eyes rolling), then allotted only 5 minutes for the main characters to kiss and reconcile. How sad is that.

Many of you said that JK was similar to JP in their courting methods. Yes, they do come on strong but JP switched tactics much sooner than JK because JD let him know what she was willing to accept or expect out of him. JP signals indifference to JK so she continues to double her efforts using the same strategy. It makes her look desperate. I think at the breakfast table, he looks at her with understanding and pity. Understanding that he has experienced eating alone and pity for having experienced eating with a family. He wanted to at least give her that experience just like Jandi's family did for him.

I think it also shows how much JP has matured. The old JP would have thrown the food in JK's face. Remember when he smashed the cake that one of the school girls baked for him? It would have been funny to see him throw the food in her face. At least that would have made the message loud and clear to JK that he doesn't like her. Now, the mature and responsible JP tells her that he'll eat it since she went to the effort of making it.

Guest pangstar_lOVEs_herojaejoon

Today's episode was more refreshing considering there were happy segments of JP & JD. Did anyone notice that he was hugging onto that pink thing that JD made him for his birthday while he was sleeping? I thought that was cute. What I also found cute was that KS was eating ramen out of a bowl and so was JP, but JD was eating from the pot top. Maybe he felt bad for her and wanted to trade his bowl for JD's pot top.. whatever the case, he ate all the ramen. :) I'm just confused about the whole WB thing.. o_O

아쉬운 마음인 걸 by A'st1 is such a good song and fits well with BOF. It gives me a happy feeling hehe.

i totally agree, when i saw him holding the pink thing (lion or bear? XD)

i was so happy, meaning he still hasnt given up yet! I'm sooo happy i got to see

some JoonDi action today, made my day :D

I love the AST'1 song too, probaly my favorite out of all the new songs :D

ahhhhh!!!!!! so happy!

cant wait for episode 19.

i still do want the love sqaure to end, but WB's scene was probaly the most random i've seen so far :D

to tell the truth, i actually enjoyed seeing a Joon-y scene :D

I'm so happy that that one guy (forgot his name :D) is helping JunPyo out, makes me happy!

the can't wait for tomorow!

i thought it was a bit rude of JK to barge into JP's house...

but 'that' scene, i wonder what will hapenn.......

Guest ml_87

What a love story.... full of ups and downs....

Starting from Ep 1 where we meet the main characters and then the indecision on JD's part.

I mean, JH is/was her first love but when she decided to let him go, she managed to put him in the friend box.

sorry to cut yr post. but JH is not JD's 1st love (in this version only) :rolleyes: GHS said that JP is JD's 1st love

and did u remember, guys? in episode 8, when JH said he had to let his 1st love go, and JD sais "me , too.." becauz at that moment, she thought she lost JP and lst the 1st love which hadnt even begun :rolleyes:

Guest sweet_maple

AH, my fav ep of season 2..

OMG i've been waiting for another cute episode for the longest time..

its been dragging for soo long that ep 18 is a major relief...

eventhough i find it so riduculous how JP nvr has apologized to jandhi or his actions

but how he is trying to gain a relationship with again is adorable!

and you know what, although wonbin's part is majorly out of the blue, im ghlad they gave him a minor storyline..maybe they should cut down on Yi Jung's story a bit more and give wonbin a little atttention..

and jihoo's character is already big as it is that he doesnt even need his grandfather to be in the drama

:sweatingbullets: It is in his nature and makes Goo Jun Pyo, so arrogant and it seems that he never says "sorry" to everyone. His character kept going with a thought "I'm the king of the world"and then Jan Di appeared to let him know that not everthing in this world can solve with money and power. :rolleyes:

BTW, no offense, I've fount out that Makino/ Jan Di in this version is too talented, isn't she? First she could sing now she could paint.Do the PD-nim make a plan B when JD couldn't become a doctor that she would become an artist :sweatingbullets: , but I feel it is a bit riddicilous with a normal-weed- JanDi

Guest tinyxtina

I have some gripes about this episode that I'd like to air.

4. Why is it that YJ can no longer use his hand anymore because some guy stood on it? I'm sure YJ has been in plenty of fights before. If the whole premise was to link in the scene where he tells JP about JD's shoulder, then that is a big exaggerated, no? Maybe it has got something to do with GE and EC later i.e. he can no longer be a potter and he thinks that's the only reason why GE or EC ever liked him, so now he is not worthy etc etc.

5. Has JD just become as talented as all the F4? Swimmer, doctor, now artist? Why did that revelation of her drawing abilities not come to light sooner?

sorry for the cut but these 2 happen to stand out.

i have no idea if you wanted anyone to answer these but i took it upon myself to answer them.

4. it was weird when i first watched that fighting/drunk scene b/c i didn't understand what the big deal was... but then i watched it again and realize that the guy didn't just step on YJ's hand. instead he actually stomped on YJ's wrist. it was hard to watch b/c it looked so painful. believe me... when i first saw the scene, i was like, ok? :blink: but then again i was watching it through viiki and the quality was horrible so i just d/led the episode and watched it w/ 100% better quality and saw the catastrophe. lol. i'm probably making it bigger then it really is. xD

5. as for JD being able to draw... believe it or not but a lot of Korean students must be at least good at art if not the best. my whole mother's side of the family all can sketch and paint and i thought that's where i got my ability but no. turns out in korea, art is a mandatory class and must make some effort to passing. so yeah, stick figures aren't going to cut it. that also same goes to music which is why you probably see a lot of Korean people have the ability to play piano or violin so well.

believe me. my mom drilled all that in my head growing up. she was like... you better be able to draw and play the music correctly or you're not korean. (my mom was a bit of a control nazi)

Guest ayoepan

I'm watching episode 17 and have a few rants to let out

1) OMG can Ji Hoo have a life outside of Jan Di's...the guy has way too much free time.

2) Yi Jung's dad reminds me a a pug, he is really annoying and he purses his lips everytime he talk. He sounds like he is drunk whenever he opens his mouth.

3) JK is annoying...but you already know that.

LOL.LOL.

1. I love JH always be on JD's side.. LOL.LOL.

2. LOL.LOL. Yi Jung's dad looks like bum rather than chaebol... And the way he talks... blahhh ugly...

no charisma at all... wonder why they called him womanizer (besides the money... :P)

3. I never really hate JK, but I do admit her voice is... just... driving me crazy... seriously!

Gosh... I just hope tht the next scene she will shut her mouth off. Just act no talk! :P

And when JK closed her ears and talk to herself, while in the swimming pool... she looks like crazy richard simmons...

LOL.LOL. I will be scared out of hell looking tht kind of woman, of course, after I laughing so hard....

can someone please verify if there is something wrong with the aja aja site because it keeps saying that the MU limit is exceeded?

As long as i know...

If you're not premium member, u can only download once... after u download once, u need to wait several hours to download again... And if u came from certain country, u will have certain limit...

EDIT :

Love the new OST!!

Gosh the music director should join BOF since the beginning!!

Seriously it can lift up the mood and emphasize the feelings of the characters...

I wonder... wht gonna be like if I saw the early episodes with this great musics...

Two thumbs up for the new music director!

Guest ginny_potter

The Woobin bridge scene -- I hope the PD is going to explain that just as I hope they explain the conversation between JD and JK.

I finally get what people are complaining about that Woobin bridge scene. The editors definitely have a thing or two to learn regarding inserting flashback scenes to an episode. Remember with Episode 17? I was confused for a while why Yijung's fringe made a comeback during that confrontation with his brother... then we suddenly realized midway into their conversation that this happened when his brother decided to quit.

So yeah, it was explained a few posts earlier that Woobin's angst BEFORE (really now, wasn't he supposed to be happy one? :( ) stemmed from the fact that his friends came from good families while his has ties to the underground/mafia or whatever you call it.