[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest mysticalz

I have to cut your post too... :sweatingbullets:

yes...i realised that most of the actors/actresses in kdrama are able to play an instrument..mostly piano... and they can sing too.... (that's why i always like to watch K-drama as compared to tw/hk/japanese dramas)... they can play and sing...and i meant they really have a nice voice....

During my generation or country, you have to be rich(or able to afford) to learn an instrument... but i guess it's never too late to learn anything now....there are more and more adults going for music lessons.... :sweatingbullets: (for the past 3-4years i have been thinking of learning something, but thought that it was weird to be learning at this age now...hahaha)

Do we get to hear JP sing a song for JD????i'm dreaming.....am i? he has not done anything like dat before...i hope to see this.....

from the preview for epi 19, the evil witch is back again??????? gosh... :crazy: can all of us just kidnapped her and abandoned her somewhere far far far far far far away.... :lol:

can i offer my service and richard simmons slap that wench till she lose conciousness....bwahahahahahhaha......*evil smile*

Guest betchay

JP can't ignore JK moves bcoz he saw himself in her when he was trying to woo JD before.

Like JK's prepared breakfast reminded him when he prepared food for JD in New Caledonia.

The engraved couple rings when he gave JD the necklace & anklet. :rolleyes:

Guest ginny_potter

No I understood why he was on the bridge and why he said he felt embarrassed. It just didn't connect to anything. Nothing from past episodes and really nothing from the current episode. To be honest, I posted this earlier, I thought it should have been left out in light of what happened over the weekend. People seem it as an homage to JJY but I see it as more of poor taste. If they are going to do a suicide scene, I wanted it to be a little more flushed out -- its never that bad and getting some type of help.

I get your point too. Really, as much as I'd like Woobin to have his own story... out of character scenes shouldn't be added out of the blue. But I think it only became OOC because we never knew that much about him to begin with. That scene at the bar with Yijung, I can accept, because it makes sense that he's the first one to come to his rescue. Now hopefully he'll be back to his senses by Episode 19.

Guest mysticalz

well I don't think JD was ever going to get into medical school =X it's pretty obvious that she's not smart, so I guess the introduction of her artistic skills is to show another career choice she could pursue? I think the whole JD wanting to be a doctor plot was just to introduce JH's grandfather into the story (who btw is supposed to be an ex president, but everyone seems to have forgotten that.)

kudos to you....im thinking the same thing after she drew JH quite well (which is so freaking unbelievable/awesome)..the preview for ep 19 also shows that some painting is going on....maybe it means that by some miracle JD is going to be a great artist/painter..yadayadayada and shell get famous and be at the same par with Jp family...yadayadyada.....evil sadistic witch will *cough*like*cough* her (vomiting inside my mouth)..so on and so forth........then happy ending?..........maybe who know the PD's have some sort of twisted mojo's going that theyll make another twist (mental shocking carp going on) :tongue2:

Guest seonnie

Sorry, if this was already mentioned but what is the song that is played in episode 17.

During that cellphone fashion show. The first one that kinda swore.

"2% blah and 100% blah blah" Haha, I liked it.

OMG, Episode 18!

The first part with the, JP liking somebody else. Jandi *cough* HOW REFRESHING.

Maybe JP JD has seen the light. The ramen eating @ her house was hilarious

I kind of feel bad for JK though. When he gave back the rings. Oh well.

:phew::phew:

Wooah, WOOBIE. Woobin drama?

Thats totally out of the blue. All of a sudden there is so much F2 drama.

its making me so angsty. Oh well, it's his well deserved screen time! (:

BUTTY BUT, Whats with YJ's first love. Kind of annoying to me. ;)

Gasp, I'm glad that JP knows about JD's shoulder.

And, that scene where he was hugging the pink plushie while sleeping was so adorable.

Can someone tell me what new songs were in this episode?

It's so confusing, (: You guys are amazing. TYTY

Guest funkindagirl

beats me......i think its just a random scene to accomodate the netizens comments about woobin having less tym just like an extra.....i want to richard simmons slap those wenches for putting comments like that coz their just ruining the story just to accomodate thier rantings and what nots... :tongue2:

In this instance I dont think its the fault of the netizens concerning Woobin's random bridge scene by asking for more of his scenes.

Its the writers fault for neglecting an F4 member to begin with while giving huge storylines to the other three.

They should've been the one to give a better link up to the bridge scene by having little indications along the way of where his story was leading up to.

Guest polaris

Let me just give my two cents about Jaekyung...

I have no issues with her falling in love with Junpyo... she is as innocent as innocent can be and she was only set up by her parents for this arranged marriage and it is under no fault of hers that she did fall in love with her designated fiancee' because of course, let's face it... WHO WOULDN'T?

My issue is her friendship with Jandi... given that when she first met Jandi she had no idea that Junpyo is her exboyfriend... now that she knows, she must at least take a step back and take time to think about what she wants to do instead of meeting her and pretending that everything's fine and dandy and in the end, hurting her even more in the process (I bet the break up is awfully hard for Jandi and the fact that HER boyfriend is SUDDENLY engaged to a girl that she LIKES... doubly more so...)... If Jaekyung really looks at Jandi as a friend... she would think about her feelings and somehow cater to it too in order to protect her... but it seems like she's clutching at straws and trying her best to make sure she gets Junpyo... Friendship be damned...

However, If i were in her shoes and i really feel that Junpyo is the man that my heart beats for... I would probably pursue him too but i will CUT all my ties with his ex as a friend now that i know the situation... I won't go around visiting her house or telling her make believe details of a night that never happened as if we're best pals... just because i want her to stay away... I will fight fair and square... and i can only do that if she's not my friend... instead of me betraying her trust knowingly...

I would not take this route and think otherwise, if they have been friends for a LONGGGGGGGG time... However, they only got to know each other fairly recently...i bet that there's a lot about Jandi that she does not know yet and same with her (heck! She does not even know that Junpyo was Jandi's boyfriend for some time...)

Sure, i might have a little regret about letting the friendship go but if Junpyo is the one that i really desire, it's a sacrifice that I have to make...

Dang say it like it is! ~ ^^ I completely agree with everything you wrote. No one is blaming her for falling for JP but the whole friendship with Jandi is what is almost unbearable to watch. It totally contradicts her image of being a cool, spunky innocent character who just happens to be caught up in this mess...

By pretending to still be JD's friend while knowing now about JD and JP's relationship is just plain wrong and totally conniving. :tongue2: What she's doing to Jandi is really low...trying to corner JD into backing off by making her feel guilty and miserable. This is almost torture to JD. I totally agree with you that if JK TRULY loves JP, she should cut off all ties with JD and play the field fair and square.

Also, to be honest.. I would back off in her situation. Clinging desperately to someone who's heart belongs to another is just shameful and selfish as well. If you can see clearly that the guy loves another girl and that girl loves him back.. Why would anyone wants to be known as the one that got in between two people's love..?? *sigh*

Sorry, if this was already mentioned but what is the song that is played in episode 17.

"2% blah and 100% blah blah"*

puahaha~

orangesmartie92 answered your question ^^

Sorry for cutting your post, but to answer your question...

If you are referring to these lyrics,

"It's just ten percent luck

Twenty percent skill

Fifteen percent concentrated power of will

Five percent pleasure

Fifty percent pain

And a hundred percent reason to remember the name",

it's called "Remember the Name" by Fort Minor

Guest mysticalz

episode 18 is a great epsiode for all JD and JH shipper like me........man our ship is floating like no tomorrow :rolleyes: ..bwahahahahahahah.JH always sweet and nice but sometimes he is too nice..he needs to do some grabbin ....i mean JD is vulnerable and ready to be taken away....JUST GRAB HER AND WHO CARES ABOUT JP.he is just hurting JD (a never ending tears and frustration) and you keep on making her happy (and what do you get?...noda, kaput, zero) :tongue2: .....both of you are perfect for each other......oh man....i should get mad about JH. its the PD and the writer i should mad at....im so irritated and annoyed that they are putting too many JH and JD scene together and then in the end they wont be together........how cruel can they be.......my poor heart and mind can take that kind of torture......it will definitely send me one ticket to a mental ward..*grabbing my hair in frustration*......so spare me this suffering and end my misery :crazy:

Yes, Ivana if I am not mistaken was a member of the Olympic team. I don't remember all the details but I read her autobiography long time ago. What is amazing about her is her business acumen even without a business background or training; she is very sharp. To me, Jandi is physically fragile and lately (and I blame Mr. pd man for this) she has been wearing her heart on her sleeve. What I mean by her being tough is her ability to withstand pressures when it comes to surviving for her family, taking any jobs available and at the same studying. Righ society? meaning like JK? JD was more classy during JP's birthday party than JK who was physically carried by men, screaming like a banshee. Even the way JD dealt with JP's mom when she returned the money was very admirable. Money and being in the list of the rich and famous does not necessarily equate class.

Hi hi..When I said Jandi's strong does not mean strong in physical. I know that Jandi has determination and she can overcome all the hardships. However, being the mistress or the wife of sb like JP is not something kind of hard-working or stubborn, you need more than that. Look at JP's mom, do you really think that Jandi can be as tough as her? And if she could not, how she would be the Shinwa's mistress?

Even JK is screaming, eating chicken legs or drinking sochu like normal girl but all of these just are funny things for her. She wants to rebel as JP liked to bully other pp in school. I think JP does not really hate her because she has her own personality. Sometimes she is really annoying but special and impressive. Moreover, you can see that she is really tough too. She can ignore her friend's feeling, pursue what she wants by fair means of foul...etc..

I agree that being rich and being class are not the same. But I still think that JK has more manner to be the Shinwa mistress than Jandi. Theoretically, JK is perfect for JP, she is the one who understand JP as clearly as Jandi. I think somehow is more than Jandi. She has the same loneliness, boring childhood, strong desire to be loved like him. But she is not the one he loved. That is her tragedy.

Guest krysha

girls did you noted?

it seems like DBSK has made a song for the OST.....

in the 18 episode...around a time where Jandi see JK and JP in the pool...

i don't remember to well...

but i bet that the voice that i heard was JUNSU.....

so any news from the OST when it's going to be release??????

it's taking so long.

Guest mysticalz

Oh , the rating makes me very happy but when reading the preview, i got angried with the PD. what's the matter with him?

now, i think that not only JK, but JH should be out of JP-JD relationship. the more he besides her, the more he hurts. and JP is waiting for JD while she nurses JD. how the PD can solve Jh's love now? how JD can reject him now? >"<

pls, someone tells her the truth soon. the 2 truths: why JP ignored her and what happened that night between JP and JK (may be she has known this already)

dude i feel the same way i wanna beat the PD senseless......he is giving false hope for JH and JD shipper like me....the more they make JD and jH closer together. the more Jh will get hurt in the end (talk about insult to the injury).......what are they thinking?.what weird planet this they get this idea of putting two people alot of air tym and so close to each other and they wont end up being together in the end......maybe in planet mars...but we are not martians we are earthlings.......and in earthling lingo the lead actor and actor suppose to have more tym together even though things are chaotic......so PD get back to planet earth and do what earthlings do. or i will B8tch slap you :tongue2: :phew::P

Guest funkindagirl

girls did you noted?

it seems like DBSK has made a song for the OST.....

in the 18 episode...around a time where Jandi see JK and JP in the pool...

i don't remember to well...

but i bet that the voice that i heard was JUNSU.....

so any news from the OST when it's going to be release??????

it's taking so long.

The voice does sound like Junsu's but its not exactly the same.

and I doubt DBSK has a song in the OST. Pretty much all the artists have been revealed for the 2nd OST already, and if DBSK were on it that would've made big news. DBSK fans would've found that out by now too but there hasnt been anything on it.

Guest F4fan

Hi hi..When I said Jandi's strong does not mean strong in physical. I know that Jandi has determination and she can overcome all the hardships. However, being the mistress or the wife of sb like JP is not something kind of hard-working or stubborn, you need more than that. Look at JP's mom, do you really think that Jandi can be as tough as her? And if she could not, how she would be the Shinwa's mistress?

Even JK is screaming, eating chicken legs or drinking sochu like normal girl but all of these just are funny things for her. She wants to rebel as JP liked to bully other pp in school. I think JP does not really hate her because she has her own personality. Sometimes she is really annoying but special and impressive. Moreover, you can see that she is really tough too. She can ignore her friend's feeling, pursue what she wants by fair means of foul...etc..

I agree that being rich and being class are not the same. But I still think that JK has more manner to be the Shinwa mistress than Jandi. Theoretically, JK is perfect for JP, she is the one who understand JP as clearly as Jandi. I think somehow is more than Jandi. She has the same loneliness, boring childhood, strong desire to be loved like him. But she is not the one he loved. That is her tragedy.

But does JP want a replica of his mother or someone closer to like his sister? If he wants a replica of his mother, JK and any other chaebol heiress will do. He wants more and expects more. To me, he doesn't want someone like his mother. He wants softness and warmth. Someone who is going to be his partner in building a family and be there for him. Someone who wants him for himself and not the trappings that he will bring. Yet, still be her own person. JD is going to make waves because she is a commoner. But her warmth and determination can win over maybe even the toughest of upper crust.

Bottomline: JD could and would still love JP even if he loses all his money. That is why JP wants her and loves her.

Guest XiahxTiffany

^

yea i thought it was Junsu too

but Junsu's is a bit more stronger and huskier

so u would know like super distinctly

i wish they were part of the ost

maybe it is himm but i dont wanna get my hopes to up

Guest lilnahnah

when jandi & jihoo visited the temple, and they ran into that [monk]?

i was surprised by his words to jihoo: jandi will bring you a family.

i instantly thought: noooo, you two are not fated!

but then i thought about his grandpa, and i know jandi can reunite them.

jihoo practically grew up with no family, so his words are a foreshadow.

i just think jihoo is misinterpreting the words right now.

Well, I feel that the monk's words can be taken either way...

If you remember Jandi's fortune being told in New Caledonia, Jihoo could be considered her "soulmate"

But of course just because you're "soulmates" doesn't necessarily mean you're destined to be together...unfortunately...

We've talked about this several time in this thread...but Jihoo and Jandi are good together in a lot of ways.

And someone mentioned this before, but there's a lot of different themes that pop up that have to do with "chance" in love. It's possible to love more than one person in a lifetime, but the "real" thing comes only once in a lifetime, right?

The scene with the monk was just another reinforcement of that particular theme.

The monk's words could mean

1) Jihoo & Jandi are meant to BE together. ie: Jandi IS his family.

2) Jandi is the key TO his family. ie: Jandi relinking his connection to his grandfather.

Obviously, knowing what we know about the story (the manga/MG/HYD) we know that it's going to be the 2nd option..

But that doesn't necessarily mean the 1st option is wrong...(we just know it's not going to happen that way)

That's why I really loved that scene cuz it can be taken either way.

And we see Jihoo kind of thinking through what the monk says.

In a lot of ways, Jihoo is a thinker. He goes through things in his head and lulls over them.

So he's definitely thinking about what the monk said, but I don't think he actually is investing his life in it, y'know?

Sorry if that doesn't make sense...it's hard to actually interpret my thoughts into words for other people to understand -.-;;

Guest squeaky

I was looking at the food prepared by JK...and like...how can JP eat those with rice? [except for the jjim and that soup-looking thing]. Lmao. It's like...not food you eat with bab.

Lee Jun kicked butt.

I'm still watching it. XD

Guest toggle45

i'm totally digging the second ost, much more than the first. but, did anyone else notice the Goong-esque feel to the instrumental piece played at the beginning during the Jihoo/Jandi scene right after the JK/JP pool incident? i swear, it sounds a lot similar to one of the instrumentals in goong.