[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

I beg to differ in regards to the theory if JP were to meet JK first he would love her. I think he would bully her like he did the other girls. As clinging and annoying as JK character is right now, I think JP would find her irritating and hateful because the JP before he met JD was ruthless, childish, troublesome and thoughtless of others' feeling and that is why he was never interested in other girls before JD. JK is nothing like JD. If she's the male version of JP, then both of them would never be a perfect couple because they're is no balance in the relationship. No give-take on both sides. They would likely ends up hating each other...jmo.

oh and btw... i TOTALLY did not understand the scene right after gaeul left yijeongs place...

like when he had a freak out attack and almost slammed the table.

like i dont get why he was pissed....

someone please give their interpretation of this scene s'il vous plait? lol

Sorry to cut your post, but imo the reason he got upset was because he really does like GE. The issue that bothers him is that GE is a "good" girl. In the episode where he first met GE after inviting her for tea, he was trying to stop the JD/JP relationship, before it got to far along. When GE left angry, WB came in and he said something to the effect of this is why I don't get involved with "good" girls. I think in her own innocent way, GE reminds him of his first love. He doesn't want to hurt GE and feels that he already has and doesn't want to do any more damage.

He's angry with himself, with GE and with the situation that he's in. He's feeling hopeless.

Guest F4fan

I beg to differ in regards to the theory if JP were to meet JK first he would love her. I think he would bully her like he did the other girls. As clinging and annoying as JK character is right now, I think JP would find her irritating and hateful because the JP before he met JD was ruthless, childish, troublesome and thoughtless of others' feeling and that is why he was never interested in other girls before JD. JK is nothing like JD. If she's the male version of JP, then both of them would never be a perfect couple because they're is no balance in the relationship. No give-take on both sides. They would likely ends up hating each other...jmo.

I think you have a very good point. She could have been one of the mean girls but with a little more spunk. She fell hard for JP and he might have liked the chase. If it comes too easy for JP, he might have gotten bored quickly.

Guest ocangel

Hi everyone,

Quick question: Does the PD need the permission of manga's author to change the ending? I just feel that it is heading towards a different direction than the Japanese version.

Thanks

Guest samgirl

the ending will be JP and JD together, it has always been like that and PD would be crazy enough to change it else the production company might get sued

Another random thought...does that mean that YJ can't do pottery anymore? I don't want him to lose that!!

i'm wondering the same thing. poor thing. but isn't this kind of a bittersweet situation for him? i mean he doesn't have to be "that" child that his dad was talking about anymore. so yeah...

Guest ml_87

Hi everyone,

Quick question: Does the PD need the permission of manga's author to change the ending? I just feel that it is heading towards a different direction than the Japanese version.

Thanks

of course, he cant. the ending must be the same as in the manga. it means that Jp and Jd end up together. dont u notice that kbs2 wanted to extend BOF to 2 more episodes but the author of the manga didnt agree. so any major change is not allowed. furthermore, the group 8 said that the 25th episode is just the extension of the orginal plot, no creation at all. :rolleyes:

btw,

i realize that thanks to JD's love, JP now has changed dramatically. he seems to sympathyze with JK (who reminds him of himself when he's pursuing JD), which the old JP never could be.

so dont worry, guys. i'm sure that when JK went to JP's house at the end of epiosde 18, she would ask him to go on the final date with her. and then, she becomes friends with him and JD.

the only problem here is JH. OMG< it's really tired for us to witness the "love race". JK is over now, but then, it's in turn JH. the PD surely wants to drive us crazy :tongue2:

in the temple, the munk said to JH that " that girl will give u a family". does it mean she will play an important role in enabling JH and his grandfa make up. and he has a family for himself.-> i hope that :rolleyes:

he he, watching the preview of the 19th episode, JP said "a personal maid", his voice seems both surprised and pleased :rolleyes:

Guest toomuchsmiling

ok, my fave parts!

-Witch LEAVES and Jun Pyo becomes Jan Di's neighbor. XD

-The talk between Yi Jung and Jun Pyo, that was a great moment

-when Jun Pyo was sleeping with that cat pillow. aww~

Ok, I was shocked when Jun Pyo didn't realize himself that Jandi had shattered

her shoulder. I thought he'd realized that when Yi Jung yelled at him about that

in Macau. So THAT caught me off guard. At least he seemed to try a lot harder

when it came to being nicer. He understood then.

Jae Kyung- I LIKED her, but what's her problem?! she just can't seem to give him up huh?

=/ i especially didn't like the last scene where she just dragged him down to her.

What's the bet she want to make? :wacko:

Preview...Jandi becomes Jun Pyo's private maid? Ok, i understand he had to move out

before his witch mom came back or ELSE, but JANDI becoming his private maid???!

What's the mom up to? If that whole thing was a secret from her, it seems something she would TOTALLY disapprove. like blow-her-head-off disapprove!

I know Jun Pyo looked all shocked, but I'm sure when we see the next episode, he's gonna love the idea of Jandi working for him personally.

More time for him to try to talk to her and everything...more sweet moments.

(P.S.- I think to all of us, the whole "private maid" thing made us all happy :lol: and junpyo too obviously :P )

those're my ramblings. XD;;

i was soo happy to see joo pyo and jandi together just like the old times, that was great and funny.. and FINALLY! joo pyo gets why jandi can't swim anymore!!

sigh** ji hoo, oh ji hoo, your too great :wub:

woo bin kicked butt today!! haha he was great! a true friend! :lol:

poor yi jeong, and ga eul... that confession scene was :tears:... by the look of yi jeong's face expression, he seemed shocked almost and glad to hear that ga eul like him, but his "RULES" wow, that was :huh:<_<

can't wait till tomorrow!!! soo exciting!! :D

Guest Bb_kelsie

about ep 18...

- i love the way JP & JD are again....it's like the " fight " that they haven't had for so long :))...i think they're too tired of hiding their feeling for each other that they wanted to hug & kiss so badly :)) :x

- also love the way Jihoo stand by JD's side...the way he protect her...the way he erase her sadness or injured...Jihoo's a good men...hope he'll soon find some1 he wanted to protect the whole life..[ of course is not JD...cuz JD is JP's fated :)) ]

- about JK....aaaa....the pic at the pool...did she pretend not to hear what JP said ? ...she's already know that JP & JD have feeling for each other...and she's still doing that crazy things ...but maybe she's soo in love with JP...like the first time in her life...that she wanted something so bad...she'll soon relized how's JP feel....it's time to give up on JP :)

Guest etoile

Continuing on, Monkey Girl is annoying because of (in this order):

1. Her voice

2. Her voice

3. Her voice

4. She's JD's rival

5. She keeps clinging onto JP (did anyone else notice that she's always hanging onto his arm? I wish he'd throw her arm off)

6. She keeps chasing JP even after he's made it clear that he doesn't like her

7. There's nothing about her that makes her endearing to us. She was just suddenly thrown into the story so the audience isn't given any time to like her

8. Given all her advantages (her choebul background) you expect her to have even just one redeeming quality. For instance, the F4 are all smart, JH has his musical talent, and YJ his pottery. With Monkey Girl, we see nothing: no brains, no manners, no close friendships. She seems to be a fairly easy-going person (i.e. she tries to make friends with JD, but then it's only really after she realizes that JD is friends with JP. Seriously, in Macau, did she even bother to ask JD what her name is? I think she only stepped in to help JD because she felt like playing at being a hero that day. And ultimately, what was the risk to her when she had all her bodyguards there to protect her?). But, again, nothing to really like about her so far.

123: the actres CANNOT help the vocal cords she was born with.

4: i dont understand how ANYONE can consider her jandis rival when junpyo has been pining ONLY for jandi this whole series.

5: she clings onto junpyo cause she likes him. shes not afraid to show her feelings unlike MOST of the people in the drama. but she IS a bit pushy.

6: junpyo kept chasing jandi. and although jihoo isnt chasing he knows that jandi doesnt want him.

7: i find many endearing thing about her actually. her karaoke scene. her gondola singing scene. her friendliness. her open mindedness about new things. her chicken feet scene. the list goes on.

8: about the chaebuhl background, of course we dont see anything. shes only been in three episodes. but in macau we see her speak three languages. she can cook, as we see from this episode, and the foods she made are NOT easy. she knows martial arts. and i dont get how right off the bat you see f4 as smart. WHERE in the series do we see them act smart? these are all boys that were lucky enough to be born into rich families. two of the four having a special talent which has NOTHING to do with money.

--she has no friendships like she said, because shes been all over the world. no CLOSE friendships, but im sure shes had friends. Plus, I dont see how she wanted to be friends with jandi just cause of joonpyo. they met in macau, then they met at college campus. BEFORE she knew jandi had any relation with him she says "Lets be unnie-dongseng"

--when you help somebody, do you seriously ask them their name? What are the chances youll ever see them again? when you help someone are you playing hero? and about the bodyguard thing. she knew she could handle him, so she did it.

anyways sorry if it sounds like im picking on you but your post is sooo one sided. just cause you dont like the character doesnt mean you cant admit that there are redeeming qualities about them. unless you REALLY think that there are NO redeeming qualities which is something i find rather weird.

its like how fangirls REFUSE to believe their fav idols get surgery cause it would make them less perfect or something. seriously. they got surgery big whoop. but this is off topic.

anyways i dont want people to think jaekyungs PERFECt, cause she's clearly not. she's rather clingy, and pushy, and there's a slight hint of desperation, but whatever. i like her more than i hate her.

++++anyways. in the 19th epi preview, jaekyung asks joonpyo

"what would you pick between love and friendship."

i think its obvious junpyo will pick love. cause hes punched JH loads of times. and cause of Yj's hand thing. seriously did anyone else find it a bit funny the way JP reacted about Yj's hand?

'Oh, what did you say my pottery-genius-friend-ive-known-all-my-life-who-broke-his-trillion-dollared-hand-and-is-unable-to-potterize-anymore? that the girl im pining for cant swim anymore?!" lol.

anyhoo.

and then i think that jaekyung will say that whats most important to her is friendship (because shes never had it and jandis the first person shes every been close to) so then afterwards shell give him up for good. :)

::EDIT::

I see a lot of Twilight comparisons LOL

dramalovers26, I guess you can make that arguement.

But if you remember in Eclipse, Bella describes Jacob as "her soulmate" as well. That in another world, another time, he would have been her perfect soulmate. But Edward's existence is just too big in her life in THIS world. THIS time.

Having said that, I guess there really can be a direct parallel of the Edward/Bella/Jacob relationship to the Junpyo/Jandi/Jihoo relationship.

(Except that in Twilight it got a little weird for me when after Jacob being so head over heels in love with Bella he imprints on Renesmee.

Weird. Weird. Weird.)

Another poster made the comparison that Jihoo is Edward...but I thought that Jihoo is more comparable to Jacob because he is her soulmate :D and just like the force Edward has on Bella...Junpyo has the same force on Jandi^_^ which is why it is inevitable that they will be together in the end.

Off topic: Believe me when Jacob imprints on Renesmee...I was totally weird out too...it was unexpected and yeah...kinda EWWWW. But then I re-read the book and was a little bit more receptive to the idea of Jacob imprinting on Bella's daughter. But if I had a choice of a different ending...I would totally change the ending.

Guest Banana Peel

Woobin's scene made me laugh :D

It was all of the sudden depression mode!

I mean, it was way obvious that the PDs just pasted some random scene

for him because of the complaints from the viewers! Couldn't they at least

make it more reasonable? >_>

I think they should've took that scene out and just kept the him saving YJ scene!

That was hot! <3 So much Charisma!

And I feel so bad for YJ! :(

Pottery was his life! And now it's all ruined.

Too bad GE came in the wrooong time.

I think she should show him her own meanness in the next episode.

(but it looks like from the preview, she'll be just nice again -_-)

But I guess I understand YJ's anger.. I mean I would just feel like dying.

Aw I missed Joondi moments so much !

I loved JP's ramen scene. hahahahahah. It's so hilarious yet caring at the same time! And the cocoroach scene! LOL. :D I was hoping for more scenes of Joondi in this ep! (especially when JP asked JD to stay with him a little bit longer after the bug scene! :( )

The sweet moments with JH&JD kind of scare me..

because we all know that Jd's going to end up with JP,

but seeing JH being happy about the monk's predictions..

ugh.. I hope it will come meaningfully other than him being with JD. :(

And lastly, I really hated the last part of this episode..

when he landed right on top of her! Hmph. Just a way to ruin the viewer's good mood. >_>

And what I don't get is ..how did JP get a room next door..and all of the sudden he's back to his old house having JD as a maid?! o_o; transportation?

ok, my fave parts!

-Witch LEAVES and Jun Pyo becomes Jan Di's neighbor. XD

-The talk between Yi Jung and Jun Pyo, that was a great moment

-when Jun Pyo was sleeping with that cat pillow. aww~

Ok, I was shocked when Jun Pyo didn't realize himself that Jandi had shattered

her shoulder. I thought he'd realized that when Yi Jung yelled at him about that

in Macau. So THAT caught me off guard. At least he seemed to try a lot harder

when it came to being nicer. He understood then.

Jae Kyung- I LIKED her, but what's her problem?! she just can't seem to give him up huh?

=/ i especially didn't like the last scene where she just dragged him down to her.

What's the bet she want to make? :wacko:

Preview...Jandi becomes Jun Pyo's private maid? Ok, i understand he had to move out

before his witch mom came back or ELSE, but JANDI becoming his private maid???!

What's the mom up to? If that whole thing was a secret from her, it seems something she would TOTALLY disapprove. like blow-her-head-off disapprove!

I know Jun Pyo looked all shocked, but I'm sure when we see the next episode, he's gonna love the idea of Jandi working for him personally.

More time for him to try to talk to her and everything...more sweet moments.

(P.S.- I think to all of us, the whole "private maid" thing made us all happy :lol: and junpyo too obviously :P )

those're my ramblings. XD;;

From what I understand, the reason why Jandi becomes a maid is because the rooftop house that she lives in gets demolished. Junhee brings Jandi to the Shinwa mansion to live there, but Jandi didn't want to live there for free so she becomes the maid. Junpyo get's maid and doesn't want Jandi to be a maid, so Jandi becomes Junpyo's personal maid (which he agreed to). Mama Kang can't withstand the old maid, so Jandi continues to work at the mansion. With the old maid and Junhee at Jandi's side, there is no way that Mama Kang can kick her out. I have heard that the maid knows more about Mama Kang and her crazy ways than anyone else. So if Mama Kang went against the old maid, Mama Kang would be in a lot of trouble... Mama Kang wouldn't survive against the old maid... at least that is what I understand based on the Japanese version in regard to the old maid.

aaaah i cant wait till tomorrow

i wonder if they will continue with

the EMO WB story

if they do it

i hope they give it more SENSE!

cuz it doesnt have...

and D: i dont want YJ to broke

GE heart!!

i hope tomorrow will be

the last last last last time

ill see JK

cuz i cant hear her voice

("Good Morniiing" ¬¬ good? if u say it, its not a GOOD morniing ¬¬)

and see her weird face

one episode more :crazy:

i hope

someone could take mama kang

and send her to space

then throw her away of the spaceship

near of pluton :ph34r:

aaaah tomorrow is so far :tears:

Edit: Did someone noticed that when YJ rejected GE get so so so MAD?

it was cuz he is feeling something for her.. or.. whaat?

Guest Shmindy

So..I have been lurking around this thread but I have a question. Many of you keep stating that the PD would get sued if they changed the ending...does the company who bought the rights not have sole authority to interpret the story how they want, including changing the ending? Maybe I don't understand Korean media too well but in the US once the rights are bought the production company does not have to adhere to original author's book. Though there can be stipulations written into the sale of the rights. That is why some author's choose not to sell the rights to their books.

Any help with clarification with this would be nice, because it seems to me as if this version isn't necessarily follow the Manga version fully.

Guest s0y0un*

BOF is starting to get a little boring for me but that doesnt stop me from waiting every mondays & tuesdays

jandi's friend, the one that betrayed her and had plastic surgery, is she going to come back for revenge?

Guest tinyxtina

So..I have been lurking around this thread but I have a question. Many of you keep stating that the PD would get sued if they changed the ending...does the company who bought the rights not have sole authority to interpret the story how they want, including changing the ending? Maybe I don't understand Korean media too well but in the US once the rights are bought the production company does not have to adhere to original author's book. Though there can be stipulations written into the sale of the rights. That is why some author's choose not to sell the rights to their books.

Any help with clarification with this would be nice, because it seems to me as if this version isn't necessarily follow the Manga version fully.

oh gosh. you took the words right out of my mouth.

i have been seeing the same stuff. reading up on all these comments about if the pd doesn't follow up to the ending, they will get sued. is that even possible? lol.

just the idea of them being sued b/c they wanted to be different, it just boggles me :sweatingbullets:

now... if the ratings drop and the station gets busloads of complaints and the name of the PDs goes bad around the Korean Filming Industry therefore they have a hard time getting another contract... now that sounds more realistic. -shrugs- :rolleyes:

BOF is starting to get a little boring for me but that doesnt stop me from waiting every mondays & tuesdays

jandi's friend, the one that betrayed her and had plastic surgery, is she going to come back for revenge?

man, i just thought it was me. bof is starting to get a little boring for myself as well. i don't know why. maybe its how the characters aren't really portraying the same personalities as the very beginning of the show or the fact that they are dragging on like a lot of other dramas do (you know, where the guy and girl just seem like they are never going to be together)...

but i will continue to watch it *nod*

as for jandi's former friend. i don't think she will come back. -shrugs- the manga doesn't help b/c the girl never left to begin with.