[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest shamien7

aaaah i cant wait till tomorrow

i hope tomorrow will be

the last last last last time

ill see JK

cuz i cant hear her voice

("Good Morniiing" ¬¬ good? if u say it, its not a GOOD morniing ¬¬)

and see her weird face

one episode more :crazy:

i hope

someone could take mama kang

and send her to space

then throw her away of the spaceship

near of pluton :ph34r:

aaaah tomorrow is so far :tears:

Aha...hehe...yeah...tonite is supposed to be JK departure (if she doesnt, that mean she must got some dirt about mr.PD...) :ph34r:

No offense JK, i do see you're hurt when JP ask if you wanna know about the girl he loves, so your departure is for your very own good!

And girls, we should have a party after episode 19 end, celebrating JK departure!

JK, you should be honored cuz we're gonna hold a party for you :lol:

patatannie, i would prefer the sun...so that she'll burn to ashes :ph34r:

Shmindy, i think if the PD is not being sued for altering the ending, he would be sued for causing massive global emotional breakdown :lol:

Guest Jesw_21

hi hi,

just wanna share something with u gals...

remember Jandi made cookies for Junpyo supposedly for his birthday? she didnt managed to give it to him

personally and it's via Jihoon passed it to Junpyo the next day after his birthday party?

i went back to check out the taiwan version and saw a clip of this in YT:

pity they didnt make a cute version like the taiwan's otherwise we'll see a cute Junpyo jump on Jihoon's bed,wakes him

up with his nonsense and Jihoon eat his cookie...kekeke

Guest F4fan

So..I have been lurking around this thread but I have a question. Many of you keep stating that the PD would get sued if they changed the ending...does the company who bought the rights not have sole authority to interpret the story how they want, including changing the ending? Maybe I don't understand Korean media too well but in the US once the rights are bought the production company does not have to adhere to original author's book. Though there can be stipulations written into the sale of the rights. That is why some author's choose not to sell the rights to their books.

Any help with clarification with this would be nice, because it seems to me as if this version isn't necessarily follow the Manga version fully.

It depends on what's written in the contract. If the PD asks for full authority to change the story line, then he's fine but I just get the sense that the author won't be giving any leeway on the ending. She makes sure that the remakes won't saturate the airways by allowing for 2-year breaks before another is made.

Why would she? It's her books and the ending is very important. If she had left an open-ended ending, the PD would have more leeway to find his own conclusions. Since its been very clear that JP/Domyoji ends up with JD/Makino, she wouldn't allow them to deviate from that.

But if he wants to change the ending, why not just do another Goong instead of basing it on the manga?

Guest polaris

ok I think the JK hate is too much lol I still like her :sweatingbullets: the scene where she was peeling the fish thingy for JP was kind of cute.

I hope Ga Eul goes and finds someone hotter and richer than YJ so he can get jealous and try to win her back :ph34r:

are they going to follow the manga storyline where Yuuki helps Sojiro find that billboard thingy? I hope not, cause that'd make Ga Eul seem really.. desperate -__- (I'm already finding her a bit too desperate in these past few episodes)

She should turn her eyes to Woobin!! and Woobin could "WOO" her and be her 911. Then YJ would get jealous and throw his "women rules" out the window. haha~ j/k

omg.. but if she did... it would totally be like a JD/JP/JH triangle.

GE/YJ/WB triangle ???? hehe~~

I finally finished the episode. I really like the best friend role JH is for JD. I mean, GE is busy pursuing pottery, WB and YJ were never really that close to JD, and JP can't be with her at the moment. I'm happy he is there. I'm starting to get used to the fact that he will never end up with her, but he will always be there for her. I guess that as long as he is happy, then it was okay. I love how JH can sleep anywhere. That drawing that JD did of JH looks so good, maybe she should pursue drawing instead. Like, becoming an artist rather than a doctor. JH is so nice that I think that maybe at the moment when JP left the resort, he probably thought of not pursuing her anymore. At the temple place, I thought the monk just said cherish her and I was thinking that that wasn't possible because he can't be with her. After watching that scene again now, I get it. She is supposed to be the person to put JH and his grandfather back together. I can't wait for that to happen.

It's really sad to see JP that sad after he heard about JD's shoulder. But, at least he knows now. It's so cute that he went to bed with that doll that JD made. It was also really funny to see him scared of a cockroach. :P So, happy to see some JD and JP moments. They are really cute together. It was so fast for him to move beside JD. I loved watching this part. It is weird though how JP totally didn't pay attention to the fact that his best friend just lost his hand which means that he can't do pottery anymore. I guess that question where JK asks JP about picking love or friendship, he kind of chose it here when he heard about JD's shoulder and walked out.

Hmm...it's sad to see YJ probably not be able to potter anymore. What is he going to do now? Teach? Is that possible? I think too many people lose what they like to do in this show, first JD and now YJ. I hope no one loses anymore....namely JH? He is the only other person I know that has part of their future based on their goal. When I saw YJ mean to GE, the thing that came to mind was that he was just trying to push her away so that he doesn't hurt her like he hurt his first love. I really want YJ to find comfort in GE after everything that has happened. Is there going to be the rooftop scene? I really love that scene because it just means that YJ can finally let his first love go and move on. Does anyone know?

In regards to WB, I also thought it was kind of weird that that flashback scene came about. I guess it is to lead to him saving YJ? Hmm...I don't think we really need that scene just to say that he is going to save him. Well, I guess the PD finally decided to give WB a storyline of some sort. Please tell me they are going to explain it. I don't know why the PD likes to stick a flashback scene or an incident in there, leave it for a while and then come back to talk about it. It makes the story so confusing. But, I'm pretty sure (I hope) that the PD will explain about his situation because I think it is something where the audience can pick it out and start ranting about it being weird. I don't think the PD will leave it hanging.

Well, anyways, tomorrow is another episode!! I can't wait....the maid arc and JH and YJ and GE. I hope that YJ and Ge can start dating already. They are so cute together and I love her confession. :P

Guest oc-ca

more than in episode 17, i can tell there were production problems in episode 18. the jump between scenes were just disjointed. one sec everyone's at the resort and next jd and jh are at the temple; random wb scene on the bridge- huh?, and now jd is an artist? the speed went from 100 mph in episodes 1-13 to 35...i feel like honking at them to get a move on. instead of taking into consideration all the production delays and tightening up the plot group8 extended the series which means fillers like the odd wb on the bridge scene. i like wb and wish he had more screen time but not something so throw away random as that. and the infamous flashbacks of kdrama. how many did we see here? did jh need a flashback of what the monk told him - we just saw it few minutes ago! again obvious fillers reduce quality of the show.

but i have to give kudoos to the actors for keeping up the good work. aside from ghs' disappearing and reappearing suture, i couldnt really tell she had a horrific car accident requiring days of hospitalization. she can still yell and eat. but i did notice lmh seems a little dispassionate. there wasnt fire in his acting like usual. but then, many of the scenes were shot around the wake and funeral so that is understandable.

overall they did the best they could. i still love the series.

Guest samgirl

i did notice that too, its like LMH is detached. but maybe PD decided to give us lighter scenes between him and JD , that's why and ofcourse the funeral thing they had to attend.

Guest kurayzeexivy

haha~ I almost went blind from reading your font. ^^

The part where YJ went nuts after GE left was because GE confessed to him that she liked him. Then he basically says 'thanks but no thanks' for three reasons.

1) He doesnt mess with nice girls

2) He doesnt mess with dumb girls

3) He doesnt mess with girls who know (or are involved in any way) with his friends.

He tells GE that she belongs in all three categories.. basically saying sorry we can never work out. he said "My answer is no.. you know the way out right?" (yikes)

GE looked quite shocked and left.

After she left.. YJ showed that he hated himself for hurting her like that. He wants to induce pain on himself and almost went to slam his injured hand on the table but instead picks up something and breaks all his pottery. He probably feels so bad for letting things get out of hand with GE ..to the point of making her fall for him. Also he hates himself for not being able to reciprocate her feelings...since he is controlled by his own "rules".

Thank you for explaining it so well! I was so confused. xD

I felt so bad for YJ and GE. This was such a sad, BUT good episode. :D

All the F4 are so sad right now, I hope they get happier soon.

I'm so excited about tomorrow's episode! The truth game is going to be good! Ahh!!

The WB made me laugh out loud. So random, but it showed his bond with YJ. :wub:

I hope he gets more scenes.

Even though everyone is ranting about JK, I kinda like her. It's not her fault she

can't help but fall in love with JP, she's just trying to win him over like any other

girl would. Except I thought it was pretty low of her to lie to JD about their "night"

together.

It depends on what's written in the contract. If the PD asks for full authority to change the story line, then he's fine but I just get the sense that the author won't be giving any leeway on the ending. She makes sure that the remakes won't saturate the airways by allowing for 2-year breaks before another is made.

Why would she? It's her books and the ending is very important. If she had left an open-ended ending, the PD would have more leeway to find his own conclusions. Since its been very clear that JP/Domyoji ends up with JD/Makino, she wouldn't allow them to deviate from that.

But if he wants to change the ending, why not just do another Goong instead of basing it on the manga?

Didn't Group eight buy the rights from the orginal comic book author? Also, from what I understand in the manga the ending is also open ended. It isn't clear if the two lovers from the manga stay together. So technically, if my information is correct, this could mean that the script writer has the right to change the ending to really make people mad. To be honest, how many people would be mad? There are many people who would be happy either way... Jiho and Jandi would make a great couple and Junpyo and Jaekung too.

From the way that episode 18 is going, I am loosing faith that Junpyo and jandi will be together in the end. PD! What the freak are you doing?

Guest oc-ca

1) YES. omg. Jihoo giving his fork to her like "Hey, nobody saw that, look! You have a fork in your hand just like you did before you dropped it!"

2) Yeah, I totally agree. It's kinda what my post was about a couple posts back.

Jaekyung I feel would've been good with Joonpyo had Joonpyo never fallen for Jandi.

And of course, we all know that Jandi and Jihoo could be good together if only the timing had been right.

3) Yijung's hand? that killed me too :(

::EDIT::

I see a lot of Twilight comparisons LOL

dramalovers26, I guess you can make that arguement.

But if you remember in Eclipse, Bella describes Jacob as "her soulmate" as well. That in another world, another time, he would have been her perfect soulmate. But Edward's existence is just too big in her life in THIS world. THIS time.

Having said that, I guess there really can be a direct parallel of the Edward/Bella/Jacob relationship to the Junpyo/Jandi/Jihoo relationship.

(Except that in Twilight it got a little weird for me when after Jacob being so head over heels in love with Bella he imprints on Renesmee.

Weird. Weird. Weird.)

i totally agree with you.

and the hysteria over edward/rob is very similar to the jp/lmh syndrome.

the cullens are like f4- everyone wants to be them and hang out with them but they dont consider anyone else except bella/jd worthy. and they are fiercely protective of someone who has been included into their exclusive club.

Didn't Group eight buy the rights from the orginal comic book author? Also, from what I understand in the manga the ending is also open ended. It isn't clear if the two lovers from the manga stay together.
Actually, and someone please correct me if I'm mistaken (b/c I haven't read the manga in a while) but the ending isn't really 'open-ended'

In the one-shots at the end of the manga, Tsukasa/JP & Tsukushi/JD get engaged with Rui/JH keeping the vineyard in Italy and saying that his 'real' job is to keep an eye on those two :)

Guest eternitygoddess

So..I have been lurking around this thread but I have a question. Many of you keep stating that the PD would get sued if they changed the ending...does the company who bought the rights not have sole authority to interpret the story how they want, including changing the ending? Maybe I don't understand Korean media too well but in the US once the rights are bought the production company does not have to adhere to original author's book. Though there can be stipulations written into the sale of the rights. That is why some author's choose not to sell the rights to their books.

Even if they DID have the right to change the ending, can you imagine the riots that would ensue if they changed the ending? The JP-JD pairing is what MAKES Boys over Flowers. That's the whole storyline!

To use another example, Warner Brothers has rights to Harry Potter films. They can interpret it however they want. Imagine if they killed Harry off in HP 7 and let Lord Voldemort take over the world, what would the response be like?

Sure they might have the authority, but in changing a storyline so DRASTICALLY, they've killed off the entire story. It's the stupidest move they can make. Why would they want to do something like that?

Guest squeaky

It wouldn't really make sense for them to change the ending...the whole point of the story is how normal poor girl and rich boy fall for each other, have to separate, and they eventually get back together. Then it wouldn't be HYD...

Guest gglover

From what I understand, the reason why Jandi becomes a maid is because the rooftop house that she lives in gets demolished. Junhee brings Jandi to the Shinwa mansion to live there, but Jandi didn't want to live there for free so she becomes the maid. Junpyo get's maid and doesn't want Jandi to be a maid, so Jandi becomes Junpyo's personal maid (which he agreed to). Mama Kang can't withstand the old maid, so Jandi continues to work at the mansion. With the old maid and Junhee at Jandi's side, there is no way that Mama Kang can kick her out. I have heard that the maid knows more about Mama Kang and her crazy ways than anyone else. So if Mama Kang went against the old maid, Mama Kang would be in a lot of trouble... Mama Kang wouldn't survive against the old maid... at least that is what I understand based on the Japanese version in regard to the old maid.

Actually, I believe the old maid said that she will kill herself if JD is forced to leave. But that only bought her a little bit of time though.

YJ is so cold ... sigh. I hope his dad try to swoon GE, maybe then he'll realize how important she is? lol His hands need to get better!! but next ep will be heartbreaking again.

I seriously do not understand JP anymore. At the end of 16, he was cold and wouldn't even say hi. at 17, he decides to go on a date with JK. and now he suddenly moves next door?? It's like the last 10 eps didnt exist and he's still using his childish ways to get her attention.

I have to admit too, the woobin storyline was totally forced. I thought it was JP at first thinking by the side of the highway. WB was never worried about his mafia relations before. I'm like wtf.

I'm confused about tmr's ep though. The old hag comes back to yell at JD then leaves right afterwards so JD becomes a maid?? I guess she really trusts that old maid lady. Can't wait to see Coffee Prince's grandma.

oh Jihoo... he needs to step up to the game. All the JD/JH scenes are getting boring. It always involves some activity that JD never did before. He needs to reveal his feelings. so wussy lol

The previews BETTER NOT LIE again. I do not want to wait another freaking week to see JD being a personal maid to JP.

Guest F4fan

Didn't Group eight buy the rights from the orginal comic book author? Also, from what I understand in the manga the ending is also open ended. It isn't clear if the two lovers from the manga stay together. So technically, if my information is correct, this could mean that the script writer has the right to change the ending to really make people mad. To be honest, how many people would be mad? There are many people who would be happy either way... Jiho and Jandi would make a great couple and Junpyo and Jaekung too.

From the way that episode 18 is going, I am loosing faith that Junpyo and jandi will be together in the end. PD! What the freak are you doing?

Yes, they bought the rights but the author can put restrictions so she still retain some control of how the book will be portrayed. She might not be on the set but she could say that they don't have to follow the book religiously but she would like certain things to be in the drama to maintain the integrity of her books (bullying of JD, JD being a commoner, F4 being rich, the hospital scene, the red tag, the maid story, parents moving to a fishing village, JP-JD at the end). For her to put two year restrictions between HYD dramas, I would say that she has put some restrictions into the contract.

I don't know about it being open-ended. Many of the manga readers who have posted have been very clear that JP gets with JD. That's been one of the most consistent things posted on this thread.

Guest toomuchsmiling

From what I understand, the reason why Jandi becomes a maid is because the rooftop house that she lives in gets demolished. Junhee brings Jandi to the Shinwa mansion to live there, but Jandi didn't want to live there for free so she becomes the maid. Junpyo get's maid and doesn't want Jandi to be a maid, so Jandi becomes Junpyo's personal maid (which he agreed to). Mama Kang can't withstand the old maid, so Jandi continues to work at the mansion. With the old maid and Junhee at Jandi's side, there is no way that Mama Kang can kick her out. I have heard that the maid knows more about Mama Kang and her crazy ways than anyone else. So if Mama Kang went against the old maid, Mama Kang would be in a lot of trouble... Mama Kang wouldn't survive against the old maid... at least that is what I understand based on the Japanese version in regard to the old maid.

ooh, thanks for that summary. But if he agreed to it, why should he act so surprised?

Unless u mean he agreed to it AFTER he found out that she was supposed to be his personal maid.

And of course he would agree to that, think of the advantages! :P But thanks!! ^^b YAY TOMORROW!! XD

About the ending possibly changing, I don't think that'll happen. The most they could do would be to EXTEND the

happily ever after. Like, 5 years later or something along those happy lines. If they changed it so that JH and JD

ended up together, the staff would be looked at as stupid and there would be riots b/c everyone expects and WANTS

that JP&JD ending. so those are my thoughts.

Guest tinyxtina

Even if they DID have the right to change the ending, can you imagine the riots that would ensue if they changed the ending? The JP-JD pairing is what MAKES Boys over Flowers. That's the whole storyline!

To use another example, Warner Brothers has rights to Harry Potter films. They can interpret it however they want. Imagine if they killed Harry off in HP 7 and let Lord Voldemort take over the world, what would the response be like?

Sure they might have the authority, but in changing a storyline so DRASTICALLY, they've killed off the entire story. It's the stupidest move they can make. Why would they want to do something like that?

actually... they have SOME rights as a movie but they ALWAYS ask the author what to put in and what they can put out. warner brothers had to ask jk rowling if they were even allowed to distribute the books as a movie. it's not that they can do whatever in the movies but if they do it w/o the author's consent, geez will they have one filthy rich british lady up their butts (its b/c of their contracts).

other then that, i totally know what you're going with this.

Guest MrDenny

The drama feels a bit random. I liked the first few episodes a lot, but these later episodes aren't as great in my opinion.