[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

^ I've seen the sypnosis for the first episode on dcinside and I'm pretty sure it has Yuki in it.

It really frustrating to have so little news on the progress of this drama... Hopefully they will release the full cast list and some info when they began filming... or have they already begun??? No one knows... :)

Yay, thank you for the info, I was biting my nails worrying because....how can hana yori dango be hana yori dango without Yuki. I hope they reveal her casting soon.

Guest luthien

i'm so glad han chae young is in this drama! When I heard her possibly being casted, I couldn't pick whether she'd be Shizuka (Rui's first love) or Tsubaki (Domyoji's sister). Her portrayal of Choon Hyang says she could easily pull off Tsubaki... and beat up Domyoji. But she is a classic and elegant beauty, definitely perfect as Shizuka. The Japanese version Shizuka was a meh...

Guest p1nchmycheeks

I would love Hwang Bo to be Shizuka but Han Chae Young has more elegant factors in her <3 I already love this

I actually like Shizuka of Taiwan since she cut her hair (or wear a wig) but anyways at least they follow the storyline

When I watched Meteor Garden, I was really pissed how Barbie didn't want to cut her hair while Makino supposed to have short hair representing a strong girl (even shorter than Inoue Mao)

I'm so glad they have Yuki. So far, only Rainie Yang fits Yuki. The japanese Yuki was like nehh, shes not cute at all (while Yuki is supposedly prettier than Makino). When I watched it, I just kept thinking that she's someone else but not Yuki.

I like the Japanese Shigeru, she's just so pretty and elegant. Btw, who's Shigeru in Korean version?

Guest luthien

When I watched the first few episodes of JPN HYD2, I was so upset with their portrayal of Shigeru. I think she's one of the most lovable characters in the manga and a true friend to Makino. If only they showed more of Shigeru's funny scenes, ie

Shigeru confronted Umi about stealing Domyoji away from Makino. Afterwards Sakurako, who was with her, was so impressed she confessed her love for Shigeru.

, it would've been more fair to her character. I hope whoever gets gets this role will show that side of Shigeru.

I would love Hwang Bo to be Shizuka but Han Chae Young has more elegant factors in her <3 I already love this

I actually like Shizuka of Taiwan since she cut her hair (or wear a wig) but anyways at least they follow the storyline

When I watched Meteor Garden, I was really pissed how Barbie didn't want to cut her hair while Makino supposed to have short hair representing a strong girl (even shorter than Inoue Mao)

I'm so glad they have Yuki. So far, only Rainie Yang fits Yuki. The japanese Yuki was like nehh, shes not cute at all (while Yuki is supposedly prettier than Makino). When I watched it, I just kept thinking that she's someone else but not Yuki.

I like the Japanese Shigeru, she's just so pretty and elegant. Btw, who's Shigeru in Korean version?

Yeah, it seems Barbie likes her hair way too much...she always has long hair...haven't seen her in short hair, (

She even gave her the role in Love or Bread because she didn't want to gain a few pounds for the drama. Cancel the agreement when she found out she had to gain weight! LOL

) I thought she did an okay portrayal of Makino but definitely no where near Inoue who i thought was the embodiment of the manga makino in live action.

Guest p1nchmycheeks

^^^ I had no feeling when I watched Shigeru in Meteor Garden, but as for HYD, I actually cried when Shigeru told Makino to live happy with Tsukasa. She made me have that hate feeling like when I read the manga but take it to another step, she actually made me cry for her Shigeru.

^^ yea, she's so obsessed with her hair. She should have at least cut her hair to Mao's length or something. I thought her hair was gonna get short when Tsukasa's enemies cut her hair (just in manga) but I waited and waited, and it's still frikkin long. haha.

It's not that I complain too much. I understand that live action would be different from manga. I was ok with Mao's or even a bit longer. But super long hair is definitely not suited for the role of Makino.

Mao was the best at Makino. I can feel the burden for Hye Sun. IMO I think she will beat Barbie :D lol but we'll see.

Guest Chianna

I can understand an actor not wanting to hack off their hair for a role. Besides while watching MG I had serious case of hair envy towards Barbie.

I would have been upset if she had cut it!

Speaking of hair it has always amused me that they gave up on Tsukasa's hair. They tried for a while and then just threw up their hands and let the actor's natural hair reign.

Guest huangsy

source : http://english.kbs.co.kr/entertainment/new...2733_11858.html

Actress Han Chae-young Cast in 'Boys over Flowers'

Actress Han Chae-young has been cast in KBS 2TV's brand new drama series "Boys over Flowers" as Min Seo-hyeon, the first love of Yoon Ji-hoo, who will be played by SS501 member Kim Hyeon-jung. Her character Min is a beautiful, intelligent and world-famous model who is studying at a law school in Paris. Although she is the only daughter of a family who owns Korea's largest law firm, she gives up her privileges and paves her own path to success.

Some of Korea's most popular younger-generation actors, including Lee Min-ho, Kim Hyun-jung, Kim Beom, Kim Joon and Ku Hye-seon have been cast as the leading roles in "Boys over Flowers," which will begin airing in late December on KBS 2TV. The drama series is based on the phenomenally popular Japanese comic book series of the same title.

Guest luthien

we can't tell how their chemistry is until the first episode airs. but one thing is for sure, she's elegant and has a strong personality to carry on Shizuka's role. She's gorgeous in that picture in the first page (first post).

Guest kawaii~ne

GOSH~ I saw JaeJin........!!

at first I though JaeJin is suitable as Makino's brother

but just appear in this drama is good enough >///////<

JaeJin fighto!!!

OFFICIAL PHOTOSHOOT FOR THE POSTER IS TOMORROW!

:D I can't waitwaitwait~ <3333 F4 + Jandi are finally gonna meet! And everybody is going overseas to film at New Caledonia really soon. At least all of the main characters + Han Chaeyoung.

Guest andie39martinez

OFFICIAL PHOTOSHOOT FOR THE POSTER IS TOMORROW!

:D I can't waitwaitwait~ <3333 F4 + Jandi are finally gonna meet! And everybody is going overseas to film at New Caledonia really soon. At least all of the main characters + Han Chaeyoung.

it's tomorrow already? woohooo~

4 of them will meet. finally ^^,

i wonder what hairstyle will hyun joong have.... i don't want his long hair now :ph34r:

hyun joong hwaiting :]