[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest Chianna

I have nothing against the cast, I have to assume as tptb took their sweet time casting them that these actors are the best fit for their roles. Of course I wasn't championing anyone my regular thing was anyone but YEH. I'm more worried about the storyline.

Question, Are Han Chae Young and Han Go Eun confirmed casts yet? I mean are there any articles confirming this?

i think they are already confirmed cast..

i saw one news in dcgall.. forgot the link. :lol:

I have nothing against the cast, I have to assume as tptb took their sweet time casting them that these actors are the best fit for their roles. Of course I wasn't championing anyone my regular thing was anyone but YEH. I'm more worried about the storyline.

yeah! i mean the CAST is better than nothing!

i really was scared that the drama might fizzle since the CASTING took such a long time!

the cast is very very fine! even the MAKINO role! :lol:

Guest quantumvis

^ Yeah... I understand the need to fit the scenarios to make it work in Korea, but the basic storyline changed. I guess, the writers felt the story line didn't make sense in Korea for it to be told that way (which I can understand)...?

Hmm...I just realized, wouldn't that be sort of like the beginning of Goong S? Where Se7en's character delivers his jajjangmyun, bumps into random security guards, and ta-da, his life changes?

Wow, if it's actually airing in December, then they only have a little more than a month. Good luck to them.

I can't stand this cast. Only the one chosen to play Akira seems worth his grain in salt. The girl playing Makino was great in Pure 19 (that doesn't mean she'll be good as Makino, cause I can't see it---Lee Ji Ah would have been better) but the rest is depressing. I can wait for this.

Just because you can't see her in her role doesn't mean she won't be good. She's certainly a credible actress and relatively flexible, which is more than I can say for Lee Jiah. IMO, Lee Jiah doesn't suit Makino at all- she lacks experience and from my perspective her acting lacks certain elements that are crucial to a believable performance (BV is becoming slightly less enjoyable for me because of the same reason).

Anyhow, the cast is already confirmed and there's nothing any of us can do about it. There's always the chance that the korean cast might surprise us and end up pulling off their individual roles spectacularly- the Japanese cast underwent a lot of scrutiny and criticism from MG fans when they were announced but they certainly pulled off their roles. To be optimistic, I don't see any reason why the korean version can't do the same.

This is just because I'm curious, but why do you think Kim Jun the only one worthy of his role? LOL He's the most ambiguous and has the least acting experience out of all of them...

The only thing that I would love for this version to do is at least confirm the Yuki/Soujiroh pairing. The Japanese version came close but still left me hanging.

I heard, that because of the amount of episodes they're doing, they're going to have time to expand on each of the F4- that's one of the advantages of such a long running time. This is just a guess, but I think since Kim Bum's popular and lots of people would like to see more of him in the drama, Soujirou's relationship with Yuki is most likely going to be expanded on as well.

^

I heard, that because of the amount of episodes they're doing, they're going to have time to expand on each of the F4- that's one of the advantages of such a long running time. This is just a guess, but I think since Kim Bum's popular and lots of people would like to see more of him in the drama, Soujirou's relationship with Yuki is most likely going to be expanded on as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I really hope that is the case! I would totally love to see some kind of conclusion btwn Yuki and soujiro's relationship. I'm totally curious about who will be cast as Yuki now :rolleyes:

Guest galinda

Are they really changing the plot? But the whole red-tagged thing and the fact that she doesn't fit in the "high" class school is the main point of the show and Domyouji loving her because of her toughness and humble upbringing. How could she be the weed that they want to get rid off if they change the premise. Might as well not be Hana Yori Dango. But I guess I'll just wait and see. I finally saw Hana Yori Dango final so I guess, they could just do what they want.

Guest valley girl

한채영·오지호, 은사와 선배 위해 우정 출연 자처

일간스포츠 기사전송 2008-10-22 10:05

[JES 이동현]

htm_200810221000360107000001070100-001.jpg

한채영과 오지호가 은사와 선배를 위해 의미있는 우정 출연을 자처하고 있다.

주 연급 연기자인 두 사람은 각각 KBS 2TV 월화극 '꽃보다 남자'와 주말극 '내 사랑 금지옥엽'에 작은 비중의 조연으로 모습을 드러낸다. 은사격 연출자인 전기상 PD와 절친한 선배 모델 출신 연기자 김성수를 위해 흔쾌히 출연 제의에 응했다.

한채영은 '꽃보다 남자'에서 이민호·김현중·김범· 김준 등 꽃미남 4총사의 흠모와 동경의 대상인 매력적인 연상녀로 등장한다. 지난 해 5월 결혼 이후 신중하게 복귀작을 물색하던 한채영은 KBS 2TV '쾌걸춘향'에서 인연을 맺은 전기상 PD의 작품을 통해 처음으로 안방극장에 '유부녀 한채영'의 모습을 보여주게 됐다.

한채영은 매혹적인 미모와 세련된 분위기로 연하남의 사랑을 받는 누나의 모습을 보여주게 된다. 한채영의 측근은 "한채영에게 전기상 PD는 각별한 의미를 지닌 은사다. 오랜만에 연출하는데 작은 힘이나마 도와드리려고 조연이지만 출연하기로 했다"고 말했다.

오지호는 모델 시절부터 절친했던 김성수를 위해 '내 사랑 금지옥엽'에 톱스타 연예인 역으로 우정 출연한다. 극 중 부인 폭력 사건에 휘말려 연예계에서 퇴출된 김성수가 라디오 DJ로 복귀하자 자원해서 라디오에 게스트로 출연해 그를 지원하는 인물이다.

오지호는 우정출연을 통해 김성수를 응원하는 한편 극 중에서도 김성수에게 큰 도움을 주는 설정이다. 작품 안팎에서 든든한 지원군이 되는 셈이다.

http://news.empas.com/show.tsp/cp_is/20081...kw=%B1%E8%B9%FC

han chae young really will play as shizuka,, he accept the offer because her good relationship with the PD or the director ~ cause her last work in my sassy girl chun hyang. i think she's the most georgeus shizuka

Guest crystalys

The Cast is UNACCEPTABLE!!!

I can't stand this cast. Only the one chosen to play Akira seems worth his grain in salt. The girl playing Makino was great in Pure 19 (that doesn't mean she'll be good as Makino, cause I can't see it---Lee Ji Ah would have been better) but the rest is depressing. I can wait for this.

I guess when it comes to anything Japanese, ONLY the Japanese do it well, as every other rendition has proven thus far. I'll go and watch this unbiased, or try to be but really it doesn't seem entertaining based on the cast because they would have to work up to the stellar appeal of the Japanese cast; and nothing or no one can do that.

Meteor Garden was way too long and had no purpose, already with 24 episodes the Korean one is border line over kill. The Japanese managed to summarize everything into 20 eps if we count both seasons with an amazing cast of actors who just looked PERFECT as F4. Vaness, Jerry, Ken, and Vic of the TW F4 were good looking but MG it was bad and the acting was atrocious. When I look at this Korean cast, I feel a reawakening of the boring Meteor Garden.

The only thing that I would love for this version to do is at least confirm the Yuki/Soujiroh pairing. The Japanese version came close but still left me hanging.

~sigh~

Off to enjoy Beethoven Virus.

No offense but the cast for hanayori dango japanese version was soooo awful only Rui was ok because really i don´t think is hard to play a serious guy like him but the main pair was bad maybe the guy from arashi was so-so but the actress didn´t like her acting at all and what about the old guy that play Akira I was like O_o wtf!!! and Tsukasa´s mother that look more like the grandma with no sense of fashion and no acting skills...

Taiwanese version was at least eye candy not good acting either, I don´t think a live action can be as good as manga or anime but seriously I doubt Korean drama can be worse than japanese version, and I repeat no offense just my opinion because I do like japanese series like Nodame and love korean drama too like Goong and will wait to see this version of HYD mostly because i love the manga and I also like Hyun Joong !!

Guest nalinna

^o^

so excited to see this drama....i really wanna see it~

i like kimhyunjoong n kimbum~

hyunjoong i wanna see him on drama ~ he so cute guy n good singer .

Guest Chianna

Sorry but imo while the TW-F4 wins on looks the J-F4 beats them hands down in terms of acting and that's what makes me stick around.

But I watched MG after HanaDan and reading the manga so my perspective is different.

Guest Airine Pratama

^ I agree ...

At first i think F4 Japan is so ordinary looking compare to F4 Taiwan ... But after watching it not anymore ... I started to like them better ... And i finally think F4 Japan is more cool and charismatic compare to F4 Taiwan ... Handsome face is not everything, i think how F4 Japan guyz carry their role what makes them so appealing to me ...

Except i agree that Tsuyoshi Abe look kinda old compare to his other friends in F4 Japan ...

^Hurrah for the confirmation of Han Chae Young!!!!!!! Now...

The Cast is UNACCEPTABLE!!!

No offense but the cast for hanayori dango japanese version was soooo awful only Rui was ok because really i don´t think is hard to play a serious guy like him but the main pair was bad maybe the guy from arashi was so-so but the actress didn´t like her acting at all and what about the old guy that play Akira I was like O_o wtf!!! and Tsukasa´s mother that look more like the grandma with no sense of fashion and no acting skills...

Japanese always use Johny's talent that most of them has So so Acting Skill ~ they don't Cut their hair Even for their role. i hate some japanese Actor~ in johny's who never Cut their hair for their role. Takuya kimura as Exception + his Boyband ~ their are really Good actor.

^^What is w/ all the bashing O______o??????

Firstly, if you don't like the cast then don't watch the Korean version. The casting crew know what they are looking for to fit in w/ THEIR style of filming. And honestly, it hasn't even filmed yet, give them a chance. Remember when Ju Ji Hoon was cast for Goong & there was alot of disagreement for lovers of the manga? Well, look what happened after that!!

Secondly, Taiwan, Japan & Korea all have different styles of filming, which is good in the sense of "remakes" because would we really want carbon copies of every story?

Thirdly, Johnny's Entertainment do have good actors (albeit true, not all of them are.) Kimura does rock but there are quite a few more.

Lastly, I loved both the Taiwanese (not so much the sequel though) & Japanese versions, both served the manga justice. The main actors were well cast & portrayed their roles justly w/ THEIR own personal flavour. My preference does lie w/ the Japanese version though as the pace & plot was just all the ball & Matsumoto Jun & Inoue Mao were just frkn awesome <3

So bring on the Korean version!

Han Chae Young is casted as Shizuka, NOT Tsubaki. And anw, the actress for the role of Tsubaki isn't confirmed yet.

Han Chae-young joins Boys Before Flowers

October 22nd, 2008 // by javabeans

hcy70eu6.jpg

w400.png

“Barbie doll” Han Chae-young teams up again with director Jeon Ki-sang, who’d made her into a star in 2005’s Delightful Girl Chun-hyang with Jae Hee, in the upcoming Boys Before Flowers.

She’ll take on a cameo role in the drama as an older “noona” on the receiving end of the affections of one of the main castmates; although her role isn’t explicitly named, I can only assume she’ll be taking on Shizuka’s character as the beautiful older model whom Rui loves, which puts her most in contact with Kim Hyun-joong out of the four F4 members.

If so, I can say that this is a pretty great bit of casting; Han Chae-young isn’t the best actor around (and worse than that, she doesn’t seem to be improving any with each new project), but Shizuka’s role is more image-based than acting-based, so she should fit right in. She can also pull of the calmer, older vibe to Gu Hye-sun’s Makino character — now we can only wait to see who gets cast as badass older sis Tsubaki. (Hm, I could see someone like Lee Hana doing a fair Tsubaki, or even Shin Mina or Han Eun-jung. Gong Hyo-jin?)

This will be Han’s third time working with Jeon; in addition to DGCH, she had a brief cameo at the end of his 2006 rom-com My Girl.

Via IS Plus

Credit - javabeans (dramabeans.com)

Han Chae Young is casted as Shizuka, NOT Tsubaki. And anw, the actress for the role of Tsubaki isn't confirmed yet.

Credit - javabeans (dramabeans.com)

Thanks for the info, I think Tsubaki's role has already been confirmed> to the girl that starred in Captal scandal don't remember her name. Anyway, I think Han Chae Young is perfectly casted as Shuzuka and she's a pretty decent actress...in my opinion.

Guest valley girl

actually talking about dramabeans said that's right she seems not improved at all but her looks suitable for shizuka maybe her english help Please not in France again noW .. England, Others better

Guest vanggirlie

i just wanted to say that altho i watched and liked (past tense...liked) taiwan F4, now i think japan F4 is better...acting-wise. when i rewatch Meteor Garden, i don't know how i thought their acting was ok...but they looked good back then.

neways i'm excited about this new version of F4 and HYD. i can't wait to watch it.

Guest Madrasta

I really look forward to seeing the korea version of HYD. I've seen Tw and japanese and well they have their own strength and flaws, but for me each has its own merits. So, it's time for korean performers to show their version. Quite excited about it.