[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest silverwingz

^ wow, i'm quite surprised that she took this role coz she's like one of Korea's top actresses. she does have the older sister vibe tho =)

does anyone know where in Australia they'll be coming to film? man, i hope it's in Melbourne. lol.

my bets are on Sydney because of the landmarks...

hmm, i wonder what scene they'll be filming - the holiday/cruise thingo?

despite a lot of bashing, i personally like the cast and really look forward to this drama.

Guest valley girl

Kim Hyun-joo added to Boys Before Flowers

November 6th, 2008 // by javabeans

20081106_1225958588.jpg

Add one more big name to the cast of Boys Before Flowers (Hana Yori Dango): the lovely Kim Hyun-joo, last seen in last year’s drama Insoon is Pretty, has been cast in the Tsubaki role, older sister to main character Doumyouji Tsukasa.

Kim Hyun-joo’s character is named Gu Jun-hee in the series and is the chaebol successor to the family enterprise, one of the nation’s top corporations. She lives in the States, but has taken care of her little bro, played by Lee Min-ho, since their youth, in the absence of their busy business-minded parents.

I’m a bit surprised, since Kim Hyun-joo’s image is a little softer than the sassy, kickass Tsubaki I saw in the Japanese version, but I don’t think this is necessarily a bad move. The older generation needs solid actors to back up their principal cast, which is on the green side, and she’s a stronger actor than her fellow “older” castmate, Han Chae-young (Han does fit her image to a tee, though, and plays Shizuka, Rui’s (Kim Hyun-joong) first love).

The new Monday-Tuesday drama will air on KBS in December.

Via New Daily

cred dramabeans

so not han go eun as we thought , but don't worry this woman can act

I am literally thrilled that Kim Hyun Joo is going to be Tsubaki. True, her image so far is much softer than the real Tsubaki, but she is an awesome actor. Personally, I think she and Han Chae Young should swap roles because I see her more as Shizuka, but then again, KHJ has a very sister vibe to her. OMG, I'm seriously happy she's doing HYD!! She's like one of the most beautiful and yet strong actress in Korea.

Guest KiBUm_Love

GOSH~ I saw JaeJin........!!

at first I though JaeJin is suitable as Makino's brother

but just appear in this drama is good enough >///////<

JaeJin fighto!!!

....?? jaejin's in this drama?? o_O?

ok that confused me x_X

anyways im reallly really really happy about the cast :] although it wasnt exactly what i had expected, it looks great

personally i cant see minho with curly curly hair xD

i always wanted hyunjoongie to be rui, he'd be great for the role

and i was REALLY surprised to see kim bum casted :]]

although goo hye sun.. hmm... shes technically older than all of f4

Wow, we'll see many famous artists in this drama..Hope it will be a great drama since the chinese and japanase version gained popularity in their won contries..

Yay, i really wanna see the promotional poster..

But seriously, i disagree about the leading actress..Actually, they could find someone who is better than her..

I'm sorry Go Hye Sun, i just think you don't fit makino's image..

Guest silverwingz

i can't wait to see the promotional posters either!

anyway, here are pics from the filming at the airport:

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=kbs_d...3541&page=2

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=kbs_d...3550&page=1 <-- <33 lol.

http://blog.naver.com/mrs0923/80058005634

someone posted these links in the Korean Celeb Photos forum... so thank them too ^^

Guest andie39martinez

^ thanks for the links :rolleyes:

i'm so excited for the drama! ang how old is the girl that hyun joong is hugging?

is she like too old for him?

^i thought han chae young was playing shizuka (sp?) Rui's first love

HCY is 28, which is 6 yrs older than Hyun Joon...but in HYD, shizuka's suppose to be older than rui

Guest quantumvis

Wow, thanks for the pics! So people actually were able to watch the filming?

I must say, F4's clothes appear very....interesting. I mean, the boots with jeans? It sort of resembles what Joo Ji-hoon wore to the Antique press conference. I suppose this is the new modern trend? XD

Nice to see the new "concept"!