[Drama 2009 Movie 2010] IRIS 아이리스

rubie

My guess is the following:

(1) There is an ultimate big boss. But, how did he come into power is my question? Is he elected or self man, and how did he make the men work for him and continue to stay loyal to him. He must be somewhat very charismatic or he has certain idealogy and those men share his idealogy.

(2) This big boss has 2 motives: (i) to reunite the North and South Korea; and (ii) to see a nuclear freezone within the Korean Peninsular

(3) This big boss ordered the killing of LBH's parents, the assisination of the North Korean Chief and the assisnation of the South Korean President

(4) Both the personal assistant of the South Korean President and Vice Director of NSS work for this big boss. They share his idealogy.

(5) To achieve their motives, they have to use a series of means that may be perceived as legitimate or illegitimate. JHH is just one of their tools, he uses to obtain his higher agenda.

(6) Why a one-man mission? This strategy is called killing two birds with one stone.

LBH has the ability of photographic memory. It is likely that he is the living blueprint. His father (MIT trained physics scientist) did not leave any blueprint. The blueprint is in his son's brain. However, he was brainwashed by NSS before being sent to the orphange. He is likely to recall the blueprint when given sufficient stimuli or going through a quiet meditation/contemplation.

With the cross obtained from North Korean scientist who trained by the Germans (facts may be incorrect, North Korea obtained the nuclear technology from AQ Khan of Pakistan and AQ Khan is trained in Germany), LBH now has two pieces of important information.

One is the technology on how to enrich uranium to weapon grade nuclear missle, and the second piece is to construct long range missiles. These two piece of information post as a threat to the big boss because it violates his second motive. He needs to have LBH killed by hook or by crook. JHH is the natural choice because he is in Hungary at that point in time. The Vice Director told JHH their bigger agenda, and JHH bought the idea. So, he agreed to carry out the order.

(7) LBH is going to find out who is the big boss and who killed his parents. I believe the President of North Korea is going to help him. The current President is pretty smart, he knew there is an invisible hand working behind trying to kill him. So who is the big boss? I believe it was the former President of North Korea!! (but in reality, he has already dead by jumping off the cliff!! Then who is going to play the fictitious figure?) or it may be the forensic pathologist? Even if it is not the forensic pathologist, I believe he knows who is the big boss!! (Hehe...Agent Darwin is going to send a team of pet intelligence to ake havoc in his forensic lab!! :P

(8) Who is the big boss of TOP? I guess, it is either the same big boss or Japanese secret agent.

IRIS is a propaganda of the government, but very entertaining. If anyone of you have other ideas, please share it!! :)

What actually is IRIS? It seems that it is an information list that contains who is who that is important to fulfil the two agendas of the big boss. It also contains information on how to enrich uranium to weapon grades and information on how to construct a long range missiles.

My question is that why TOP was in Shanghai? Why brought in the Chinese? Has this anything to do with the Six Parties Talk? I believe the Japanese is in great fear after the Fat Man and Little Bomb incidents in Nagasaki and Hiroshima. Japan is very advance in nuclear technology, but it continues to insist that it has no aspiration to build nuclear weapons. Despite its insistence, it does not mean that it will just sit around in fear because it is surrounded by "nuclear member states". So, Japan sent TOP to recover the IRIS List.

Em...since all the zigzaw puzzles are almost in place, what left to watch the drama is of course beautiful girls. But, unfortunately, I do not quite like KTH!! :(

Thanks for your interesting guesses but didn't you mean to say the South Korean President instead of the North and vice-versa? :huh:

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My guess is the following:

WOW WOW!! Agent_Darwin

AWESOME POST!!! B)B)

still... i won't be surprise if the United States is behind all of this conspiracy... well in the real world it's behind a lot of

things aiiiyaaa :wacko::wacko:

Guest Agent_Darwin

Thanks for your interesting guesses but didn't you mean to say the South Korean President instead of the North and vice-versa? :huh:

my apology. hehe.. it is the President of South Korea who is going to help LBH and to uncover who is the invisible hand. you are right, Rubie!! Ultimately, like all Korean Dramas, there are seldom bad guys. All the bad guys will be good guys towards the end or they would have been killed by the good guy!! That's the beauty of Korean Dramas!!

WOW WOW!! Agent_Darwin

AWESOME POST!!! B)B)

still... i won't be surprise if the United States is behind all of this conspiracy... well in the real world it's behind a lot of

things aiiiyaaa :wacko::wacko:

hehe...Bow! Bow! Never know, CIA and FBI may be following IRIS very closely too!! Too bad, they should have replaced KTH with another girl!! Then, it will be a perfect drama!!

Well, in respect of the Six-Parties Talk. Who is playing the Good Cop role and Bad Cop Role? There are several parties!! The IRIS drama is a simplified version. In reality, US is not the only big boy!! this is called Good Cop, Bad Cop tactics in international negotiation!! Some party has to play good cop, and some party has to play bad cop to achieve certain agenda to bring world peace and prosperity!! :)

Have a look at the current Iran Uranium talk, you will know what I mean!!

What is IRIS stands for? My guess is as follows:

(1) Integrated Risk Information System,

(2)Integrated Risk Intelligent System,

(3) International Risk Information System

(4) International Risk Intelligent System

Guest Storytime

I'm so late, but I JUST started watching IRIS. I absolutely love the cast. LBH and JJH are such a fun pair to watch, especially when they get in trouble together. KTH is gorgeous. And of course, everybody loves TOP. The comic relief is so appropriate that I laugh throughout the entire episode and the background music is unique. I have great expectations for this drama.

People! He didn't turn his back on him lol.

He pointed the gun at him and said "미 안해... 명령 이야".("Sorry... it was an order")

Nope, SW turned his back on him. They were life long friends, and all it is, is a job. Job can't be prioritized over friendship.

He turned his back on him for one simple reason, and one reason only. SW was jealous of him, for being in a loving relationship with Kim Tae Hee.

What better way to have KTH for himself by eliminating the person that's in his way.

Guest Agent_Darwin

Nope, SW turned his back on him. They were life long friends, and all it is, is a job. Job can't be prioritized over friendship.

He turned his back on him for one simple reason, and one reason only. SW was jealous of him, for being in a loving relationship with Kim Tae Hee.

What better way to have KTH for himself by eliminating the person that's in his way.

Hahaha...I do not think KTH worth the 35 cents bullet!! Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, and value (35 cents) is in the eye of investor. Agent Darwin will definitely not even invest the 35 cents because KTH does not worth that much!! Sorry, if I offend anyone of you!! :)

I believe there must be some important agenda/ideology that have convinced JHH for him to turn against LBH. JHH was given an order, and he must have bought the reasons behind the order for him to carry out the killing. Woman alone does not make sense.

With all respect to ladies, I believe there are plenty of women in this planet that is much more attractive than KTH. So, I do not think she has the charm to make one man to go against another!! Afterall, KTH and JHH has never started any dating or have slept together. It is only a one-sided puppy love from JHH. If KTH is the only reason, then JHH must be really a "small" man at heart!!

Guest badhairday8

Hahaha...I do not think KTH worth the 35 cents bullet!! Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, and value (35 cents) is in the eye of investor. Agent Darwin will definitely not even invest the 35 cents because KTH does not worth that much!! Sorry, if I offend anyone of you!! :) There must be some important agenda/ideology that JHH for him to turn against LBH.

With all respect to ladies, I believe there are plenty of women in this planet that is much more attractive than KTH. So, I do not think she has the charm to make one man against another!! Afterall, KTH and JHH has never started any dating. It is only a one-sided love from JHH. If KTH is the only reason, then JHH must be really a "small" man at heart!!

Jeez, with the way you professed your hatred for KTH, one needs to wonder if KTH pooped on your porridge.

There's obviously more to why SW is turning on HJ and I believe that SH is definitely "one" of the reasons why. This drama is turning out to be really interesting with so many people already speculating/talking/guessing about all the events!!!

Guest Agent_Darwin

Jeez, with the way you professed your hatred for KTH, one needs to wonder if KTH pooped on your porridge.

There's obviously more to why SW is turning on HJ and I believe that SH is definitely "one" of the reasons why. This drama is turning out to be really interesting with so many people already speculating/talking/guessing about all the events!!!

Hhaha...no my porridge only costs 20 cents, so there is no way that KTH pooped in my porridge!! There are still room for her to improve in her acting. On a personal preference side, I do not like girls with super big eyes. She reminds me of python eyes.

Nevertheless, she has become more attractive when the drama progresses....never know, I may come to like her after the drama. Don't you think her part can actually done without? She claimed that she is a profiler, and like to size up people, but is kind of naive and ignorant when comes to dealing with men!! Also, she is too taken by novelty and appearances. Her encounterment with the Japanese guy in the casion has demonstrated how ignorant she is as a profiler. she was lucky that she did not get kill.

I would expect a profiler to be rather good in reading microexpressions of a person, and will use pyschotheraphy techniques to gather information about her target. Her ignorant about LBH's past and failed to do independent research herself on LBH's childhood and adocent years showed how "professional" a profiler can be? At best, I will call her a trainee profiler!! :)

The problem is not so much with KTH, but with the scriptwriter. This scriptwriter appears always like to be "little" the women, and emphasise on the male musculinity. This scriptwriter belittle CJW in Air City which makes me scolded CJW badly. I have learned my lesson, and now decided to criticise the scriptwriter instead. Hehe...wonder what profiler, KTH, will say if I have a bad hair day? Am quite sure, she will ask me to eat porridge!! :wacko:

Guest pinksoysauce

It's been a while, but I was wondering if someone could explain episode 2 to me. The man that Hyun-joon saves is a presidential nominee, right? Then how/when does he become president? What happened to the previous president? I think I'm missing something big...

It's been a while, but I was wondering if someone could explain episode 2 to me. The man that Hyun-joon saves is a presidential nominee, right? Then how/when does he become president? What happened to the previous president? I think I'm missing something big...

the man was still running/campaigning for President...

time has passed when we see HJ and SW visited the blue house (the Presidential residence), we assume that man was already elected by the people since then...

maybe the previous president ran out of his term... so a new one is to take his place

Guest 177z_Aym

So according to Javabeans (Dramabeans), the uncut scenes would be broadcasted on cable tv on the 24th (KST). Has anyone seen any clips of this yet?

I took some caps of ep3 but still need to get around to uploading them. ><

the uncut love scene^^

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=iris&...page=1&bbs=

it should play automatically :D

credit: DC IRIS

Guest Lilazinprincess

^ Thanks for sharing. I don't see how that couldn't have been in the original broadcast. I think the only difference was a mere 50-60 frames of action and the kiss was a bit longer. I guess 15 yr olds can't see a lady strip LBH's shirt. :P

Guest chae_kyeung

I can't download the files from mediafire....I think the files had been removed by the user...Can someone reupload the files on mediafire....I can't download anywhere else except on mediafire.....I'm so depressed that I only managed to download part 3....still got 4 parts to go......Thanks in advance to whoever out there who helps me out....

Guest deenaclay

If you let it download (even though it takes forever), and wait till the end, it starts automatically from the beginning and then you can see the whole scene in one take :-)

^ thanks for sharing the uncut scene! its taking forever to load though, does anyone have the youtube link?

October 26, 2009

Who’s Better at Kissing?

It seems that the Wednesday-Thursday dramas of the three major broadcasters have competed to entertain viewers with kissing scenes in this solitary season of fall.

The KBS2 drama “IRIS,” which has drawn great attention from its first episode with kissing and romantic scenes between its two leading stars, once again featured an impressive kissing scene.

250_656_l.jpg

In the October 21 episode, Kim Hyun-jun, played by Lee Byung-heon, kissed Choi Seung-hee, played by Kim Tae-hee, with candy in his mouth, which he put into Choi’s mouth. It seemed to show the height of their feelings of love for each other, making many viewers feel so envious that they even said that they understood why Jin Sa-woo, played by Jeong Jun-ho and who secretly love Seung-hee, turned from a friend into a foe and tried to kill Hyun-jun.

In MBC’s “No Limit,” Cha Bong-gun, played by U-Know (a member of the idol boy band TVXQ), kissed Kang Hae-bin, played by Koh A-ra, while confessing his feelings for her. With only four episodes left to air, the kissing is expected to serve as a key to disentangling the complicated love relationships.

Jang Keun-suk kissed Yui, a member of the girl group After School, in SBS’ “You’re Beautiful.” On the October 22 episode, Jang, playing singer Hwang Tae-gyeong, kissed her against his true feelings to protect Go Mi-nyeo, played by Park Shin-hye. But this has raised curiosity over the love triangle forming between them.

Meanwhile, “IRIS” is leading the viewer charts by an enormous margin among the three shows for Wednesdays and Thursdays.

Internet broadcast media for "Guide & Review," TV Report

Email reports to pi@pimedia.co.kr <Copyright ⓒ Pimedia TV Report>

Writer: TV Report l Copyright ⓒ KBS & KBSi l KBS Global

October 26, 2009

"Seon-deok" remains No. 1 TV show

Reporter : Lynn Kim lynn2878@asiae.co.kr

MBC's historical drama "Queen Seon-deok" continued its strong run atop the TV ratings chart, taking the No. 1 spot on a TV ratings chart again last week."Seon-deok" scored an average 38 percent viewership rating for the week of October 19 to October 25 to remain the most-watched TV show for the second consecutive week, according to statistics released by TNS Media Korea.

The Monday and Tuesday night TV show gave way to "My Too Perfect Sons" during the week of October 5 and again another two weeks ago, but otherwise has been dominating the chart since it started airing in late May.

KBS2 TV's "IRIS", starring Hallyu star Lee Byung-hun and popular actress Kim Tae-hee, came in second in with a 27 percent viewership rating while daily soap "Jolly Widows" (KBS1) and weekend drama "Three Brothers" (KBS2) followed with ratings of 23.4 and 22.5 percent, respectively.

In the non-drama category, KBS's "Happy Sunday" topped ratings with a 22.9 percent viewership. KBS2 TV's "Gag Concert" and SBS's "Family Outing" trailed behind with ratings of 19.9 and 19.7 percent, respectively.

Reporter : Lynn Kim lynn2878@asiae.co.kr l Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@asiae.co.kr <ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved> asiae.co.kr

October 26, 2009

"Seon-deok" remains No. 1 TV show
Reporter: Lynn Kim Editor: Jessica Kim <© 10Asia All rights reserved> 10Asia 

MBC's historical drama "Queen Seon-deok" continued its strong run atop the TV ratings chart, taking the No. 1 spot on a TV ratings chart again last week."Seon-deok" scored an average 38 percent viewership rating for the week of October 19 to October 25 to remain the most-watched TV show for the second consecutive week, according to statistics released by TNS Media Korea.

The Monday and Tuesday night TV show gave way to "My Too Perfect Sons" during the week of October 5 and again another two weeks ago, but otherwise has been dominating the chart since it started airing in late May.

KBS2 TV's "IRIS", starring Hallyu star Lee Byung-hun and popular actress Kim Tae-hee, came in second in with a 27 percent viewership rating while daily soap "Jolly Widows" (KBS1) and weekend drama "Three Brothers" (KBS2) followed with ratings of 23.4 and 22.5 percent, respectively.

In the non-drama category, KBS's "Happy Sunday" topped ratings with a 22.9 percent viewership. KBS2 TV's "Gag Concert" and SBS's "Family Outing" trailed behind with ratings of 19.9 and 19.7 percent, respectively.

October 29, 2009

Double pursuit, 'IRIS' ratings rebound
Jessica Kim jesskim@asiae.co.kr <10Asia Asia All rights reserved>

The ratings for KBS TV series "IRIS" continued to soar three weeks into its showing, according to a survey on Thursday.

According to TNS Media Korea on Thursday, "IRIS" topped its TV chart with a viewership rating of 29.6 percent, gaining 3.4 percent from its previous episode. The rating was slightly higher a day ahead the same week, standing at 27.9 percent.

AGB Nielsen Media Research also said the Wednesday and Thursday night drama gained last night, reporting a 26.7 percent rating compared to a rating in the 25 percent-range last week. The series took first place on AGB's daily TV chart also. 

Several of South Korea's top actors including Lee Byung-hun, Kim Tae-hee and Jung Jun-ho star in the drama which was in production for over a year in several countries including Korea, Japan and Hungary.

Archived