[Drama 2009 Movie 2010] IRIS 아이리스

rubie

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree too. It JUST CAN'T BE. In the previews for Episode 5, Sa-woo also tells Seung-hee that Hyun-joon is dead. I'm wondering if it's a lie, because Hyun-joon just can't die (although I'm trusting that Iris is like every other k-drama in that the lead doesn't die, the spy is immortal, etc).

A bit unrelated, but TOP scares me SO much. Haha I'm kinda glad he doesn't have many scenes yet, since he plays the ruthless killer too well. Me, I've always been a Byung-hun fan!

Yeah, I get that SW could have been ordered by the Director to kill HJ, and that he had to obey it because it came from the highest authority. But I just can't see how SW would do it altho it was a specific order. HJ's his blood brother for goodness sakes... it must be something else. But we know HJ will get away... SW must have set him free or something?

God that brief scene of SH crying buckets when she heard SW's confirmation of HJ's death... it was heartbreaking...:tears: I nearly teared up too.. But if SW lied to SH about HJ's death, it could be because of 2 reasons. 1, so that SH will forget about HJ and go to him instead, or 2, he knows that HJ's alive but revealing it would endanger him further..

But those are just pure speculations..

Does anyone know that song that played in episode 1, at the scene where Hyun-Joon and Sa-Woo were running out of the club to the streets trying to get away from the gangstas? That scene is on repeat, been listening to it over and over... Anyone know the song title or artist?

i regret not watching this from last week~ i knew i should've watched this as soon as i watched the trailer~ but GOD its just ep.4 but its so good~

I don't disagree than the action in Episode 3 was lacking 'bite' compared to even just a bit of episode 1 intro but remember how HJ was saying he felt uneasy that they're handing the Professor in such an open-space area (the landing strip) but orders are orders, they went along. And this being a conspiracy...isn't it possible that the plan was breached that it's so easy for the assassin Vick to ambush the vehicle. It could be that the Professor was just a pawn to start something bigger.. that is to get HJ to do what he did? It all comes back to the Director, could be that he made his Agents go all the trouble as the perfect set-up just to get the professor killed by IRIS and knowing/unknowingly blame the NK because it made sense... {don't mind me, just being the way-ahead curious cat]

As for the Shanghai spree.. it's also possible there's someone telling Vick the details of the victim, his habits and all. Assassins are supposed to be fast and efficient, it's what they do best.. he would have studied the situation beforehand. Maybe it's the acting that could be more smooth?

i agree~ orders are orders and insisting on it would've been breaking the code or somekind~ till now,we dont really know who exactly is giving orders to Vick~ and to think that he has already set himself at the landstrip beforehand is something to think about~ he obviously know beforehand that the guy is going to be transported there bcoz the guys werent being followed(well they could but the drive to the landstrip was lone and long so its quite hard to trail a car unnoticed)

and yeah~ assasins usually have informers doing the dirty work beforehand and all they have to do go in,raid and kill the people~ but i am not liking VIcks action~ he is supposed to get information from the victims~ dont they usually press the matter to the victim until they talk before they kill them? its wierd to start searching for the info on the dead persons body since they dont even know what are they looking for looks like~ and now they dont even have any lead since they already killed EVERYONE that have info on the thing they are looking for~ at least torture the guy beforehand to at least try to get information from him~

and god next week looks like a tear jerker~ i cant wait~

Guest ellabel

Thanks to viikii, i was able to watch all 4 eppies of Iris. It is what i expected it to be, maybe more. (Note: my expectation is confined to it being a K-drama and not a Hollywood spy movie or the likes of 24). It's action packed and thrilling enough to keep me at the edge of my seat particularly those scenes were BH is escaping after the assassination. Gawd! What can I say? Modesty aside, ehem......my HUNnie is truly an excellent actor. His nuances, whether in action or romance scenes are swell and oh-so-natural. not to mention kyoot. And in fairness, he's got a hawt bod. :rolleyes:

I never expected those prolonged sugary sweet romantic and lovemaking scenes with KTH but it at least, gave me a chance to accept KTH as Seung hee. Akita is so beautiful. Actually, all their location sites are perfect. The music/ost is also wonderful.

And TOP, he's a revelation.... i never thot that he can pull-off that assassin role being young and a neophyte in terms of acting. But, he did deliver... he can be cool and menacing at the same time..... eerie. I'm glad he took the part.

It's getting exciting.... i cant wait for the next eppie.... i would think that SW will not be able to kill HJ..... being blood brothers and relatively new at his job. Besides, the way i see his character, he is softer than HJ. I can't even see the killer instinct in his eyes.

I hope more ppl will get to watch it and the rating increases more.

yahh, i LOVE episode 4 so much~!

i'm literally at the edge of my seat the whole time with tears in my eyes.

LBH definitely proves why he deserves to get the whole hype

His acting is just superbly amazing!

i can feel his fear, dissappointment and pain.

I sorta agree with you Deeta about the action in Ep3 was not that intense. Scenes of Top killing off multiple guys, SW saving the north guy on his bike, and when the three leads getting away from the police, i went 'lol that was too easy'.

btw, still this is a drama, there were just too many action scenes pack in 20 hour-long that they need to focus on compared to a movie. considering this, i think they did an amazing job already. but still, i hope IRIS will be more awesome and awesome as more episodes roll in or at least maintain the momentum as it is. so far, Ep4 is definitely my most fav episode. everything is so intense and full of emotion.

some were complaining that the romance was too much and dragging for a spy drama. maybe they were right but i'm liking it actually. hehe :P i think for people who pick IRIS with the sole reason of watching an action drama, its understandable that they will be kinda dissapointed in it. i dont know what interest me to watch IRIS at first. i think bcoz it looks like its gonna be an awesome drama from the poster, trailer etc and i miss the charismatic romantic LBH from Beautiful days. so thats why i'm definitely enjoying every bits of the romance now. and i actually cant wait to see KSH falls for HJ later.

btw, some posters on viikii were saying that the blueprint of the nuclear could be on HJ's head. what say you guys? wow, it'll be very interesting if it really is. so far, i really think that the vice director has something to do with HJ's parents death. He's just too cold in Ep4 feels like shooting him dead. poor HJ :(

Guest ellabel

some were complaining that the romance was too much and dragging for a spy drama. maybe they were right but i'm liking it actually. hehe :P i think for people who pick IRIS with the sole reason of watching an action drama, its understandable that they will be kinda dissapointed in it. i dont know what interest me to watch IRIS at first. i think bcoz it looks like its gonna be an awesome drama from the poster, trailer etc and i miss the charismatic romantic LBH from Beautiful days. so thats why i'm definitely enjoying every bits of the romance now. and i actually cant wait to see KSH falls for HJ later.

btw, some posters on viikii were saying that the blueprint of the nuclear could be on HJ's head. what say you guys? wow, it'll be very interesting if it really is. so far, i really think that the vice director has something to do with HJ's parents death. He's just too cold in Ep4 feels like shooting him dead. poor HJ :(

sorry.. cutting your post....

I guess you are right.....those ppl who perceived IRIS to be an all-out spy action thriller will find the romance angle too drawn out. If they are used to the Hwd action dramas, the romantic/love scenes are usually very minimal and fast. Well, like you, i like it too. As a fan of LBH starting from Beautiful Days time and knowing his cinematic kissing prowess, i kinda waited for it and i was not disappointed. Also, i think it's for KTH's fans also. I too am looking forward on how the other girl will fall for HJ.

Hmmm..... can be since he has photographic but when did he get it?....i doubt if it was when he was a tot...... i was thinking of the cross in the rosary given to him by the scientist but it's too thin and small, not even a small chip will fit in. But, i guess, his being recruited as a spy has something to do with him being the son of 2 important ppl.... NSS might be thinking he carries the family secret.

ellabel,

okay i'm getting confused here. isnt the cross pendant has (or what Vic searching for) a list of names of IRIS (?)? i'm sure i read from the subbed on viikii 'list of names'. and the blueprint here i thought they meant something else (not the list).

and btw, i agree with you. i felt that HJ getting into NSS has been planned out from the beginning. when SH mentioned to HJ that she only has the record of him when he's in college and that NSS didnt mind that (no record of his past), i'm getting suspicious already. and the next thing, the Father informed the vice director. that solidified my thought that the director definitely knew about HJ past. right now, he seems to me that he's the bad character in this drama. and i actually hope that he's not or what i guessed was totally wrong. it wont be interesting anymore if we can guess right, isnt it. :P

First of all, good to see you here Ella-hunnie. :lol: It's our 6-year wish coming true, huh. You gotta have the HQ -- clear close-ups nuances of mischief, happiness, wit, tenderness, love, confusion, disbelief, pain, fear.. all that are superb treats to see.

When I first saw episode 3 on live streaming I kinda feel the romance part was out of place because I didn't know that they were given the days off as their reward which of course SW went to Hungary instead for his solo mission. (read: watching without the subs can be hazardous to your viewing pleasure ^^) The romantic interlude may seem a bit long than expected but I supposed it's needed to establish the deep relationship between HJ-SH that will keep HJ going no matter what as well as introduce the young Japanese girl. Riki and her connection to HJ later on. It's going to be another heartbreaking rollercoaster ride for all of them including us, too. There's no more lovey-dovey moments but just the memory. A lot more Akita/Japanese scenes coming out later -- so the flashback are probably and likely needed to connect the dotted lines..

I can't wait for KSH (KSY) going after & falling for HJ as well -- although he won't be seeing her as SH's replacement, obviously not but she's going to add more spice to the drama. Particularly when (looking at the relationship diagram) that KSW's character is also having feelings for this sexy girl.

Anyway..IRIS is not being something that it's not supposed to be because right from the very beginning the tagline emphasizes a lot of Action, Romance, Betrayal and Conspiracy. It's exactly what it sets out and what we're getting to see & enjoy.. one way or the other.

ps: I agree with laydeebutterfly that Vick could have threatened/tortured the Professor a bit more to hand over whatever the "thing" he's looking for but I guess self-patience just isn't his work priority. ;) (on the other hand, the victim already knew that he's going to be killed anyway -- why give the assassin the satisfaction of an easy job?)

Guest dora_maomao

^here's the video for the gif^^ i don't know how to convert it to youtube so you have to watch through the DC site sorry =(

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=iris&...page=1&bbs=

credit: DC IRIS

Behind the scenes making of IRIS:includes the adorable kissing scene with a lollie between Lee and Kim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-d9ZSEFFfY

CR:rainingmenforme@YOUTUBE

Guest KaoriSaru

From friends sharing previously, it'll be aired starting this November 11. I don't have Astro so I can't clarify the time of the airing but I think other SEA countries would also be watching around the same time.

Hope someone can further update this. Thanks.

Oh, thanks alot

Guest Lilazinprincess

So according to Javabeans (Dramabeans), the uncut scenes would be broadcasted on cable tv on the 24th (KST). Has anyone seen any clips of this yet?

I took some caps of ep3 but still need to get around to uploading them. ><

People! He didn't turn his back on him lol.

He pointed the gun at him and said "미 안해... 명령 이야".("Sorry... it was an order")

명령 (myung-ryung) means an order from your upper authorities.

and as for the technical / detailed reasons

it's because those other people, the north koreans, now KNEW HJ was in presence somewhere so the Director guy needed to kill off HJ and ordered SW too. it's kinda confusing but thats the main jist. sacrifice a man for the whole.

Now there're 2 reasons for HJ to go after / question the Director's real motives -- first he wouldn't send in help when HJ pleaded for it and then.. sending SW to kill him. Seeing your best buddy pointing his gun at you beats all the logic.

However I do get the reason for eliminating HJ.. because he's now a wanted SK Agent who assassinated the Top NK Official. But having HJ dead won't undo what happened.

Guest ching22194

I thought TOP is an IRIS, then why is he looking for the IRIS list?

For me IRIS is a secret organization of high profile individuals who have terrorist agenda.

Existing in various organization working in disguise protecting their cause.

Episode 4 signals the start of an interesting action drama. Can't wait for Ep.5

based on the preview it would be great.

The bed/sleeping scene where he goes on top of her

in Episode 3 is my favorite romantic scene. LBH is adorable.. ;)

Guest Agent_Darwin

Now there're 2 reasons for HJ to go after / question the Director's real motives -- first he wouldn't send in help when HJ pleaded for it and then.. sending SW to kill him. Seeing your best buddy pointing his gun at you beats all the logic.

However I do get the reason for eliminating HJ.. because he's now a wanted SK Agent who assassinated the Top NK Official. But having HJ dead won't undo what happened.

My guess is the following:

(1) There is an ultimate big boss. But, how did he come into power is my question? Is he elected or self man, and how did he make the men work for him and continue to stay loyal to him. He must be somewhat very charismatic or he has certain idealogy and those men share his idealogy.

(2) This big boss has 2 motives: (i) to reunite the North and South Korea; and (ii) to see a nuclear freezone within the Korean Peninsular

(3) This big boss ordered (i) the killing of LBH's parents, (ii) the assisination of the North Korean Chief; (iii) the assisnation of the South Korean President, and (iv) the assisination of LBH.

(4) Both the personal assistant of the South Korean President and Vice Director of NSS work for this big boss. They share his idealogy.

(5) To achieve their motives, they have to use a series of means that may be perceived as legitimate or illegitimate. JHH is just one of their tools, he uses to fulfil his higher agenda.

(6) Why a one-man mission? This strategy is called killing two birds with one stone. It was a dangerous mission and the Vice Director thought he would not be able to survive. If LBH was killed, they kill the nuclear blueprint, at the same time using the "blue print" to fulfil part of the higher agenda. What could be better strategy than this? :P

LBH has the ability of photographic memory. It is likely that he is the living blueprint. His father (MIT trained physics scientist) did not leave any blueprint. The blueprint is in his son's brain. However, he was brainwashed by NSS before being sent to the orphange. He is likely to recall the blueprint when given sufficient stimuli or going through a quiet meditation/contemplation.

With the cross obtained from North Korean scientist who trained by the Germans (facts may be incorrect, North Korea obtained the nuclear technology from AQ Khan of Pakistan and AQ Khan is trained in Germany), LBH now has two pieces of important information. (I believe the big boss and the Vice Director have no idea that LBH has also got hold of the cross. In other words, LBH has a complete set of IRIS technology. Otherwise, both of them would have go nuts!!)

One is the technology on how to enrich uranium to weapon grade nuclear missle, and the second piece is to construct long range missiles. These two piece of information post as a threat to the big boss because it violates his second motive. He needs to have LBH killed by hook or by crook. JHH is the natural choice because he is in Hungary at that point in time. The Vice Director told JHH their bigger agenda, and JHH bought the idea. So, he agreed to carry out the order.

(7) LBH is going to find out who is the big boss and who killed his parents. I believe the President of North Korea is going to help him. The current President is pretty smart, he knew there is an invisible hand working behind trying to kill him. So who is the big boss? I believe it was the guy who hold him in the Presidential Palace when he was little (so, LBH met this guy before and he knows who he is) or can it be the forensic pathologist? Even if it is not the forensic pathologist, I believe he knows who is the big boss!! (Hehe...Agent Darwin is going to send a team of pet intelligence called G-Force to create havoc in his forensic lab!! :P

(8) Who is the big boss of TOP? I guess, it is either the same big boss or Japanese secret agent.

IRIS is a propaganda of the government, but very entertaining. If anyone of you have other ideas, please share it!! :)

What actually is IRIS? It seems that it is an information list that contains who is who that is important to fulfil the two agendas of the big boss. It also contains information on how to enrich uranium to weapon grades and information on how to construct a long range missiles.

My question is that why TOP was in Shanghai? Why brought in the Chinese? Has this anything to do with the Six Parties Talk? I believe the Japanese is in great fear after the Fat Man and Little Bomb incidents in Nagasaki and Hiroshima. Japan is very advance in nuclear technology, but it continues to insist that it has no aspiration to build nuclear weapons. Despite its insistence, it does not mean that it will just sit around in fear because it is surrounded by "nuclear member states". So, Japan sent TOP to recover the IRIS List.

Em...since all the zigzaw puzzles are almost in place, what left to watch the drama is of course beautiful girls. But, unfortunately, I do not quite like KTH!! :(

Love Of Iris - 신승훈

두 눈에 그대가 흘러도

those 2 eyes that just flittered by

그대는 날 보지 못한다

i couldn't look at that time

입술이 가만히 그댈 불러도

i was just looking at those lips

그대는 듣지 못한다

i couldn't hear anything

다른 시간에 다른 곳에서 만나 사랑했다면

if we were to be in another place at another time and fall in love

우린 지금 행복했을까