[Drama 2009 Movie 2010] IRIS 아이리스

rubie

I have a feeling the ratings declined for ep4 since many of the scenes were repeated from ep1.

Yeah.. it could the reason of the decline but as snowbunny mentioned, there's now more insight on what actually transpired that eventually got everyone entangle in the Hungary situation.. and a great way to introduce the North Korean agents into the story and how they'll go after Kim HyunJun.

Hope the story will pick up with more unexpected twist to hold the viewers' attention for the next coming episodes. So far, the cliffhangers of each episode have been pretty intriguing. .

The Hungary situation seems to serve as the starting or turning point in the lives of HJ, SH, SW and those connected to them.. into something that is much bigger than they ever expected.

i feel the drama is moving too fast and reach its climax too early....the opening was da bomb... what's left to anticipate in the rest of the drama since the exciting part is being put in first (not even half of the drama) ; i think there will be more tear jerking till-death-do-us-part stories ahead.

There is still the first encounter between HJ and Vick in Akita as well as the NK Agents coming into contact with their SK counterpart.

There was a mention before that it'll be more drama for the next part of IRIS (currently being filmed as it airs) as well as the revenge of Kim HyunJun as he comes back from the "dead".. and getting those who betrayed him.. whoever they are.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kpopholic

i haven't been watching this drama...

but it seems like there will be lots to be entwined with

because of all of the chaos that happened already..

will watch later

October 23, 2009

Stars’ Romance Provides Momentum for ‘Iris’

The romance between Kim Hyun-jun, played by Lee Byung-heon, and Choi Seung-hee, played by Kim Tae-hee, has drawn great interest to the drama “Iris” once again, as it recorded some 20 percent viewer ratings in the first week of its airing.

The two confirmed their feelings for each other when Hyun-jun suddenly kissed Seung-hee in the second episode on October 15, and their relationship became something special. In the third episode on October 21, the couple went on a secret trip together when they had several days off as a reward for saving the life of the president. Their trip was all the more exciting because they--as secret agents--are not allowed to date fellow agents.

247_648_l.jpg

247_649_l.jpg

Scenes from the October 21 episode

They flew to Akita Prefecture, Japan, where they had a splendid time visiting a spa and going skiing. In a hotel room at night, Hyun-jun uncharacteristically could not calm his beating heart when Seung-hee was sleeping next to him. This scene reportedly made viewers want to fall in love again in their own lives.

But Lee and Kim apparently had a hard time shooting the episode. They made mistakes repeatedly because they still felt awkward around each other at the time of shooting in March, not long after they were cast.

“Iris” airs on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 9:55 p.m. on KBS2.

Writer: KBSi Jin Yeong-ju

Photo/Source: Taewon Entertainment

Credit : KBS Global

http://english.kbs.co.kr/TVRadio/Behindthe...iew.html?No=247

Guest dora_maomao

thank you for all the screen shots!

:) why did the ratings go down today?

i thought it would've broke the 30% mark by today... this drama keeps getting

better and better! so many twists and turns in regards to the plot... so exciting!

hoping it reaches 30% by next week! :D

A baseball game aired on MBC at the same time..yesterday..

After the game ,the rating up , broke 30%................

Guest badhairday8

http://i33.tinypic.com/2vuca9y.gif

If that was the case, then we should expect large numbers next week. I sure hope so. Iris is the first drama that I've been crazy about since MNIKSS and Jumong.

WOW! Never thought of this coincidence. :lol:

Well done, dora_maomao for this interesting tidbit. The 30% rating is not impossible and (hopefully) well-within reach.. soon.

Guest jamielabbuhongki

OMG just got done watching the 4th Episode...I just have a few to say...

I heard on a description that Hyun Joon will discover IRIS after 1 or 2 years that he got betrayed and "lost" Seung Hee. Doesnt TOP work for IRIS? I wonder if HJ will join IRIS and be partnered with TOP..

I just cant believe the betrayal HJ got...

The director, i have suspicions of him..

He sent HJ instead of SaWoo...

He doesnt help HJ...

He sends SaWoo to kill him...

must be some past hidden in there.

OMG just got done watching the 4th Episode...I just have a few to say...

I heard on a description that Hyun Joon will discover IRIS after 1 or 2 years that he got betrayed and "lost" Seung Hee. Doesnt TOP work for IRIS? I wonder if HJ will join IRIS and be partnered with TOP..

I just cant believe the betrayal HJ got...

The director, i have suspicions of him..

He sent HJ instead of SaWoo...

He doesnt help HJ...

He sends SaWoo to kill him...

must be some past hidden in there.

Me too, I wonder why the vice-director send him a dangerous mission. It was probably that he is the one who killed his parents. I hope HJ join IRIS. I don't know if this will be spoilers for us.

Sawoo wouldn't intend to kill his own friend but he protects him like his own blooded-brother. What ya think?

Guest creaturedreams

htm_200910231710000201000002010400f60-001.jpg

Wtheo?? I hope CSH is doing some undercover operation :mellow:

could someone translate the article? thannks

남성 2인조 가수 디셈버(December)의 뮤직비디오가 티저 공개 후 실시간 검색어에 오르며 인기를 모으고 있다.

디셈버 뮤직비디오에서 인기리에 방영 중인 ‘아이리스’의 배우 김승우의 남다른 포스와 이민정의 아름다운 모습이 눈길을 이끌고 있다.

곰TV 선 공개 이후 각 뮤직 포탈사이트에서 조회수와 댓글이 폭발적으로 늘어나 댓글에는 영상미와 배우들의 연기에 대한 칭찬과 디셈버의 노래에 대한 관심과 기대치가 넘쳐나고 있다.

특히 김승우의 경우 ‘아이리스’에서 ‘미친 존재감, 폭풍간지’라는 별명을 얻으며 ‘아이리스’에서 날카로운 카리스마와 북측 최고 요원으로 나와 호평 받고 있다.

또 디셈버의 뮤직비디오에서도 이민정과 함께 연인으로 나와 역시 ‘폭풍간지’ 별명처럼 묵직한 연기를 선보였다.

디 셈버의 타이틀 곡 ‘여자는 나쁜남자를 좋아한다’와 후속곡 ‘사랑참…’이 담겨진 김승우와 이민정의 뮤직비디오 티저 영상은 ‘영상과 음악의 절묘한 조합’ ‘ 늦가을의 향취가 흠뻑 묻어나는 뮤직비디오’라는 평가를 받으며 지금도 네이트 동영상, 다음동영상, 곰TV 등에서 ‘아이비의 티저’와 막상막하를 이루며 관심을 받고 있다.

한편 오는 23일 티저 영상 공개 후 27일 앨범 발매와 뮤직비디오 본편을 공개하는 디셈버의 두 멤버 윤혁과 DK는 현재 공중파 ‘뮤직뱅크’, ‘유희열의 스케치북’, ‘인기가요’의 첫 데뷔 무대를 위해 밤낮을 가리지 않고 연습 중이다.

news.join.com

Wow! Great research there, dora_maomao!

IRIS jjanng! look how the rating only kept going up there

i want this drama to keep doing well. its such a fantastic piece of work (so far)

btw, thanks d' airscapez for the pics & the news bits. is that girl KTH?

she looks like Lee min jung (BOF,Smile you)

I think that capture was from a music video which KSW played the leading character.a tragic doomed romance or something with actress Lee Min Jung. Javabeans did a recap on this before..

this one Well, that’s dramatic

But the first photo.. is that SH/KTH? :huh: Nahhh..

I would have thought IRIS might create another (love) triangle of LBH-KSY-KSW.. :P

Btw, love the backdrop settings in Hungary that are just simply quaint & chic, fitting the European feel. While Akita on the other hand, truly breathtakingly beautiful and especially romantic.

October 23, 2009

Best Kiss Scene This Week?

By shockimpulse | 23 Oct 2009 - 01:54 AM

092210_bestkissscenethisweek_572.jpg

It seems this week's Korean drama department has been bit by the love bug, after having several shows with huge kiss scenes show on air. There seems to be a unanimous vote as to which show had the best one, but let's review the top 3 shows that has garnered a lot of attention.

1. Heading To The Ground - Yunho & Go Ara

The week kicked off with soccer drama, 'Heading To The Ground'! Yunho, who stars as a rookie soccer player with a dream, finally confesses his feelings for his manager, portrayed by Go Ara. The kiss scene was said to have boosted ratings tremendously, but what's even more amazing is that this kiss scene was pulled off in only one take. It usually takes multiple takes and lots of practice to get it right on camera, but the two pulled it off quickly.

2. IRIS - Lee Byung Hun & Kim Tae Hee

iris38.jpg

Although this wasn't the first kiss scene shared between Lee Byung Hun and Kim Tae Hee, it was definitely the sweetest. The first kiss occured in episode 2, where Byung Hun's character threw himself at Tae Hee and forced her into submission. The scene looked like it was headed towards something similar to rape, but we all know she wanted it as her arms got weak and her knees began to buckle. Since the initial first kiss, things have moved pretty quick as they both went on a vacation in Akita, Japan. Tae Hee was a bit pissy that she had not received any White Day candy (equivalent to Valentine's Day), so Byung Hun got up and left, but returned empty handed. However, he quickly surprised her and all the viewers as he pulled her in for a kiss and slipped her candy from his mouth to hers. The kiss was absolutely sweet, in more ways than one, and it resulted in our action man getting laid. Hooray!

3. You're Beautiful - UEE & Jang Geun Suk

Now, there seems to be a weird trend of the guys forcing themselves onto girls, and this drama was no exception. As a pissed off (another strange trend) and determined UEE storms away from Jang Geun Suk, he makes a rash decision. He grabs her arm and she spitefully says, "After how far this has gotten...you think you can block my mouth? I'm going to tell everyone!" She tries to shake him off but instead he pulls her in and locks his lips with hers. Surprised but obviously liking it, both slowly close their eyes and enjoy the moment as the cameras flood them with flashes.

So who won? It was none other than...IRIS stars Lee Byung Hun and Kim Tae Hee! It's been said that their kiss scene has stirred up the most attention among viewers and left everyone jealous, wanting more. IRIS may have been dubbed the "best kiss scene" of the week but, do you agree? Or do you think one of the other two was better? And our men just rapists in the making with women being the angry soon-to-be victims?

candykiss1.jpg

Credits: allkpop.com

Guest laeparksyr

.hi everyone...nice to meet u guy....IRIS is getting hotter and hotter...it is the best drama this year I have watched...

can I ask a question

does everyone know where can I download the Ep3 with the full bed scene I heard we can down and watch it over the internet. I download the original from the TV and it doesnt have.....If anyone know please let met know too

Thank you every much

Guest Lilazinprincess

:o Oh wow, I definitely think that this is an assignment. Probably for her to know the enemy more since since SK has finally figured out who the man in the black really is.

Thanks for the ratings. I never knew a baseball game could have so much power.

Thank you all for you historical explanation concerning the North and South. That makes this the storyline even deeper than it already is and even more interesting. :)

I'm surprrised by the kissing poll since Yunho's kiss was basically a peck. Actually, it was literally a peck. It was uncreative and so typical. I guess all of his fans decided to vote and Allkpop is highly biased. LBH - KTH's kiss, however, is something new. That scene makes me smile every time I see it. Some may think it's a bit disgusting, but hey, what lady wouldn't want to do that with LBH and what wouldn't want to do that with KTH? Saliva? Well, that's pretty much the same as if you're drinking from someone's cup or eating from someone's plate...or kissing someone.

I didn't think anyone would want chi subs but thats what I've been watching mainly cos they are released faster than english subs, so here you go!

chinese hardsubbed

THANKS a lot elaiine !!! you're a lifesaver I will inform this to my friends then !!! Btw I saw your PM . Also I hope the mod for this thread will put this link in the first page for this chinese subs !

THANKS a lot elaiine !!! you're a lifesaver I will inform this to my friends then !!! Btw I saw your PM . Also I hope the mod for this thread will put this link in the first page for this chinese subs !

Except for the recently-posted screencaps and updates (i have to go through the pages again), most of the important links and info have been added to the first page. Refer the first two posts for IRIS info / links / etc. Any additional info good to be shared, please do not hesitate to post at the thread so that it can be compiled as well.

Everyone, please feel free to inform me directly via PM or at the thread in case dl links or credits have been mistakenly stated. Corrections will be done duly and please note that no sharing is ever too small, so please keep on posting.

Anyway, I'm not really moderating this thread (unless needed to) -- I'm also really crazy about IRIS. :lol:

Archived