[Drama 2009 Movie 2010] IRIS 아이리스

rubie

Thanks for the translation joynara!

Poor, poor Hyun Joon!

i'm soo looking forward to tomorrow and his comeback!

NSS is just so cruel. now i really wanna know what HJ past that makes NSS treated him this way except that i know it got to do with his parents. cant wait for more!

Sangwoo...i'm still confused with his action.. i know that he choose to do it to prevent SH being asked to.

but still, it was painful seeing him pointing the gun at HJ. poor HJ...

tomorrow is gonna be more intense, just cant wait!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest joynara

Can someone tell me why for most of episode 5 there is a blue bar at the bottom of the screen. And isn't it unusual for a TV station to add this type of info for such a long duration? I've only watched a few minutes, skimmed thru the rest, but found it to be very annoying, especially since it was marring one of Jeong Jun Ho's finest action scenes thus far in the drama.

They were showing the results/ballot counting for yesterday's by-elections, and while by-elections aren't usually that noteworthy, many of the candidates this time were key politicians from both parties, and the results are being interpreted as mid-term referendum on the current administration & the President's party. It drove all IRIS viewers to distraction (esp. when most of the results weren't that close), but what can you do... Maybe there'll be another release when it's re-broadcast on cable/OCN this weekend, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I'm just so relieved they didn't completely trash SaWoo's character and his feelings for HyunJoon in the episode, I can live with the annoying blue screen.

Guest uh-ohxev

Viikii.net will no longer be uploading Iris episodes due to copyright... hopefully they get the rights, because if not I have no idea where I will find subs for Iris D:

And a quick request/question - I'm unable to download any of the links for ep5... does anyone know of any websites that are streaming it?

Guest pinksoysauce

i actually asked my parents when i saw the previews for episode 5, why they were throwing hyun joon's stuff about, and what that guy that asked for his stuff said, but basically my mom said that it had to do something with spying. like .. i THINK. i'm not sure, that the guy was saying that hyun joon was spying for north korea and sending them information and stuff. at least thats what i got from the previews. i haven't watched ep 5 yet so...

I watched a bit more and that's what I thought was going on too. But it's just so sudden! I'm definitely missing something haha. :)

I looked up the word and it means "espionage" so I'm assuming that Hyun-joon was framed as a North Korean spy like you said. We'll see! I'm halfway through, without subs, so hopefully those will be released soon!

Guest kchild702

i actually asked my parents when i saw the previews for episode 5, why they were throwing hyun joon's stuff about, and what that guy that asked for his stuff said, but basically my mom said that it had to do something with spying. like .. i THINK. i'm not sure, that the guy was saying that hyun joon was spying for north korea and sending them information and stuff. at least thats what i got from the previews. i haven't watched ep 5 yet so...

ur parents are right he is being frame for spying. this is what they were saying.

answer to that question is:

group of guys came in and started taking HJ's stuff, well appreantly he is being frame now for spying.

when they we're digging through his stuff and collecting it the guy who is high ranked park asked whats happenning?

i don't know his position but he asked what wuz going on and that guys replie was (gan chup hal dong hyu mae) hez been a spy. and warns the other members "anyone who talks to HJ or even associate with him will be under arrest and will be question.

after that the guy went to the lab where the guy sleep like hez dead(forgot his name) he told him i have to confiscate all of the HJ's stuff. he asks y this time he tells him Kim Hyun Joon is being investigated for spying.

hope this helped. for you to pinksoysauce :D

Guest pinksoysauce

Translation for 3 key scenes with the Deputy Director in ep. 5:

-----------SW's phone call with Baek San-----------------

Baek San: What's happened?

SaWoo: It's failed.

Baek San: TK1?

SaWoo: He's disappeared. But the North Korean security team & the Hungarian police are on his trail so it'll be difficult for him to get out of Budapest.

Baek San: You must find him first. Find him & end this.

-----------flashbacks to the hotel room------------------------------

SaWoo: Are you telling me to kill HyunJoon? I can't do it.

Baek San: Shall I take it to mean you refuse to be an NSS agent?

SaWoo: Why must he be killed? We can rescue him. I'll rescue him.

Baek San: Don't you get it yet? This was planned from the start. And the decisions are out of my hand.

SaWoo: Then who's making these decisions? Tell me.

Baek San: When did you meet HyunJoon?

SaWoo: At the Special Forces Unit.

Baek San: What do you know of Kim HyunJoon's past prior to that? [retrives a black folder from the drawer] Why Kim HyunJoon was selected... why the NSS abandoned him... you'll find out. Leave now.

SaWoo: Whatever the reasons, I can't do it. I'm sorry.

Baek San: That's unfortunate. If you can't do it, I'll have to find someone else. Tell Choi SeungHee to come in.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------HJ's phone call with Baek San-----------------

HyunJoon: It's me. [beat] What's the reason? For abandoning me?

Baek San: What I can say that you could accept? The reason was decided the moment you became an NSS agent.

HyunJoon: I'll return no matter what. And you will pay for fixing my life at your will.

Baek San: [beat] SeungHee's there. Maybe Choi SeungHee's destiny will be like yours.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

And 'gan-cheob 간첩' means spy. According to what the coroner told HJ & SW's superior, this wasn't the first time NSS agents have been accused of espionage--'it's happened a couple of times in the past, and those agents just vanished with no traces left whatsoever, so don't expect to see HJ back.'

Wow, thanks so much!

sorry guys for posting the links late 2 hours than the usual times these day I have been busy with works lately & I'll be bust till Sun.. so unfortunately tomorrow torrent links will be posted 2 hours late too, SORRY.

Please bear it just this week >.<

aahhh i just came back from school... *just started downloading ep 5*

ohhh dear cute girl thank you for the link... don't worry...

if you're 2 hours late we'll just have to wait for 2 more hours so no biggie...

i'm very thankful that you're providing us the torrent link nonetheless... you're awesome!!! B)

Guest celena8899

nooooooooo w/o viikii where can i watch the iris eps with subs? are there any other places?

i'm very impress with the ratings :D

Guest badhairday8

Viikii.net will no longer be uploading Iris episodes due to copyright... hopefully they get the rights, because if not I have no idea where I will find subs for Iris D:

And a quick request/question - I'm unable to download any of the links for ep5... does anyone know of any websites that are streaming it?

This is terrible news... and just when the story was getting so juicy!! I guess I'll have to wait and purchase the dvd box set unless I can download the videos with subs somewhere.

Guest dora_maomao

omg, i can't believe how ep 5 is so intense, now i really want the subs to be here!! anyone found out the ratings yet? it's prbly still too early.

judging from ep 6, it seems that kim so yeon will have a big part. she is really one dang good actress watching her from being a mature girl/evil/girl/and now a spy/assassin, she really blows me away with her acting. in addition, she must really work hard for this role, she's so fit :D

does preview 6 hints to us that LBH will later join IRIS or what? Since back several pages, it said that he will come back as a NSS agent and take revenge, but if his records are all deleted, how can he come back, wouldn't ppl be afraid that he's coming back? or did i simply read the info wrong?

Introduction of Iris from kbs world:

With the help of the President, Hyun-jun returns to his post in the NSS.

CR: http://kbsworld.kbs.co.kr/programs/program...tro.html?no=441

Guest creaturedreams

200910290853461001_3.jpg

200910290836211001_1.jpg

1256773523136_1.jpg

1256773518355_2.jpg

200910290836211001_2.jpg

What.. IRIS at viikii is suspended? sighh now i have to wait longer to watch the episodes ):

note: Big Bangs OST track Hallelujah has been postponed until further notice.

Guest Lilazinprincess

^ Ooo interesting pictures.

Okay, I finished ep.5 earlier this afternoon. I literally held my breath the entire time. Everything started to twist, fall into places, and, at parts, even went beyond what I expected.

The ending definitely had me at the edge of my seat. Finally, the director/writer gave Sawoo's some emotion. We finally see some emotional struggle in him. Otherwise, the transformation would have been too sudden.

The deletion of HJ's history is typical as in many spy movies/drama. I agree that there must be someone behind the curtains giving the North's all the clues of HJ's whereabouts. My guess would be NSS's vice-director. His character is still too iffy for me.

There were many parts where I went, what? Too many empty spots in today's episode.

1) Sawoo definitely had to be on some moving board when they filmed this scene. You couldn't see him moving his feet, yet he was gliding smoothly back.

1zz24bp.jpg

2) Did NSS inject some GPS system into HJ or what? Sawoo monitored his location with ease. Ok, SH may have played a factor into that but still...it was too easy.

2r3a4p5.jpg

3) I may have read into it a bit much, but I think the person-behind-the-curtains-giving-all-of-the-hidden-info is in this SUV.

20f3va0.jpg

4) I wonder why the laptop was still going even after the assigned mission was accomplished:

105z7kl.jpg

Last and not least, the rating is well deserved. I can't wait for tomorrow's episode. Let's hope there will not be that annoying bar. Yeah, elections are important...but I still prefer my Iris episode sans poll results.

Guest lovesong3208

mm tomorrow is going to be interesting. he's going to be "revived" tomorrow...

there are still so many things going on in my mind...the two other people

that the body inspector was talking about. Are those HJ's parents?!?! O.o

Goodness.. so many things to consider.

hahaha

on a side note the ending song was "Where U At" by TY??? hahaha. doesn't really

fit the drama mood that point but lol at the producers for doing that.

Guest nestachan

^

LOL. yeah, i was like.....wth..taeyang all of a sudden. kekeke~

omg tmw is gonna be so interesting with the female NK agent=0

Archived