[variety] We Got Married 우리 결혼했어요

Guest jahye

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Lmangla oh my........ JCW! My healer feelsssssssssssss..... 

On other hand, regarding the news.. this is exactly what we've been suspect for months... Not that I surprised because as far as I know  people here had enough concern for this... Pray that wgm would stay longer though... For me personally I sign up for the first time in soompi because of one wgm couple (yongseo) so my soompi life without wgm will be incomplete... 

I'm thinking that the reason Taejoon and Bomi may have left earlier than expected was because  of the PD knowing that MBC was looking to cut a program. Hence Island couple was born. Very different to have it on an island with different activities as well as a comedian lady that cracked jokes all the time. And the episode where GJ went through a market -  all the people knew and liked her. So the PD is working hard to stay alive.

I made an account over Hongki and Mina from the Global WGM. My sister was running away every time I talked about them so I had to find someone else to bore!:blush:

Guest Tinkiebell

Aww, just read about the rumor... It didn't really surprise me, but I can't help feeling a bit sad about it, because WGM is quite nostalgic to me. I like the Island Couple and I hope they can somehow save the program.   

With the older couples, the subs are needed because they chat a lot. Now I have to wait for them................. I wish they hadn't left the tv in the Island couples house. Once I saw the camera men in the reflection, I ended up watching them and it kind of ruined the idea that they were alone with just those swivel cameras. But since they are celebrities, they just ignore them anyway.He sure has bags of interesting things. 

5 minutes ago, colourgrae said:

With the older couples, the subs are needed because they chat a lot. Now I have to wait for them................. I wish they hadn't left the tv in the Island couples house. Once I saw the camera men in the reflection, I ended up watching them and it kind of ruined the idea that they were alone with just those swivel cameras. But since they are celebrities, they just ignore them anyway.He sure has bags of interesting things. 

If the cameras were used are like those in the show "roommate", I think its more comfortable to move around. I actually had that idea a long time ago. To avoid being called a scripted show, why not leave the couples on certain place with controlled cameras. Ofc outdoors are exception. But on the house I think it will work. 

Just my two cents

Btw, when GJ said she wants to go PHL I squealed! Hahaha ofc theres other choices

7 minutes ago, Winksteyk said:

If the cameras were used are like those in the show "roommate", I think its more comfortable to move around. I actually had that idea a long time ago. To avoid being called a scripted show, why not leave the couples on certain place with controlled cameras. Ofc outdoors are exception. But on the house I think it will work. 

Just my two cents

Btw, when GJ said she wants to go PHL I squealed! Hahaha ofc theres other choices

Whats PHL mean?

There are a lot of interesting and uninteresting shows now - reality shows and dramas are clashing!!

Law of the Jungle is not as interesting as it used to be because the guests do the same thing - try to survive in the jungle and pretty much do the same thing over and over again.  The cooking shows are pretty much the same - cooking.  And I don't understand why they have a show with 6  or 7 women living together with male boarders.

The cable  channels have better shows - but most of them are not subbed.  I am enjoying Ear's Candy (especially the new ones) with my limited knowledge of the language and some documentaries about interracial couples (Koreans marrying other nationalities). 

WGM is okay but they keep on changing the format and the pairing is not as good as it used to be.  The new couples don't have the same ideas the old couples from previous seasons had (i.e. baby-sitting, etc.).

3 hours ago, viyra said:

The cable  channels have better shows - but most of them are not subbed.  I am enjoying Ear's Candy (especially the new ones) with my limited knowledge of the language and some documentaries about interracial couples (Koreans marrying other nationalities). 

WGM is okay but they keep on changing the format and the pairing is not as good as it used to be.  The new couples don't have the same ideas the old couples from previous seasons had (i.e. baby-sitting, etc.).

I don't watch many korean shows, just wgm and now Sister Slam Dunk  2. I did watch Roommates season 1, and random shows when there's a link mentioned here. Even korean dramas I've almost stopped following completely as few have caught my interest and even fewer have kept it. So I've been looking up Japanese, chinese, taiwanese, thai dramas and binge-watching LOL all of which are harder to find eng subbed than the many korean dramas which always get subbed fast taking time away from me posting here LOL

I've gone so far as go back to a taiwanese drama from 2006! One of my all time feel good faves Smiling Pasta

Oops got sidetracked from my point ...

It might be you're right abt there being too much now and it's splitting audiences. although it might also be true that people are watching less tv in  general, instead going online (thus the popularity of web dramas, web toons etc) It might also be that audiences have shorter attention spans and less loyal to the shows, less patient when things don't go so well or are a bit more boring. It's hard to keep up the same interest and intensity esp for long running shows like WGM.

I think we've talked a bit abt it before at various times here , their changing formats, some good, most bad, but most not really kept long enough to see accurately any effect on the viewership.

I think the biggest factor is The shorter lengths of say of the couples. It lessens the connection they would have with the viewers, and lessens the connection the couple develops with each other. There is less creativity shown by them in what stuff they want to do bec if they only have a limited time then you get to see the same things bec they all have to go through the initial stages of getting to know you, the wedding,  moving in, meeting friends or in laws, a honeymoon trip if they can manage it, the random holiday or award show...like a TO DO list they have to go through bec there isn't much time to do it in. And maybe you only get to see the surface bec the longer they are on, the more you see behind whatever mask they put on.

Also they have to focus on what will make the couple click and not on what the viewers will want to see bec the more connected and in sync a couple is, the more interesting it gets and perhaps the more honest and genuine their reactions and relationships will get. This is not just for the producers but also the celeb themselves. They should try to focus on the partnership and not on the product they are presenting to the viewers.

The more curated they make it, the more fake it feels and the less authentic it all is. And it loses it's charm. I think that is what the first season had the most. Just guessing since I've not seen the first season LOL

It sounds counter-productive bec essentially I'm saying, they should care less what the viewers think or want and care more abt what will make a couple bond and relate more in a deeper sense.

Just my 2 cents. Did any of what I said made sense?

I forgot to add, casting! They shouldn't pick people just for max attention from the public. They should pick those tht will really commit to the essence show and go for it and be willing to open themselves up both to the experience but also to whoever they get paired with not just on a superficial level.

When I watch the Island couple, I see more hitting by DoYeon in a playful way towards MinYong. I see flirting on both sides but not so much as compliments but as simple actions that show a desire to be intimate. None of the panelists reacted too much to MinYong asking DoYeon to shave him. But just being close to him (close enough to smell him) is an invite isn't it? She would be focused on him (and trying not to hurt him) and him alone. I found it to be an interesting move on his part. It's not like asking her to tie his shoes LOL.  This couple is a lot like TaeJoon and Bomi because they both reciprocate in giving and doing things that are personal to the other.

Hahaha kaonashi's must be in his mind because he is always guessing that she is going to pull another one out. And WOW WGM has been really detailed in finding two people that have quite a lot in common. Old music, poetry and even liking the Beatles. I really enjoy their teasing and jokes and all of the cool stuff he pulls out of his bags. It is like a fantasy story where his bag opens up into another world and there are never ending goodies that come out.

Sleepy and GJ are feeling like a team now. She is getting prettier and less criticizing of things. That conversation that they had with her friend was just a free for all with secrets being unleashed LOL. Poor doggie. It will be another trip to the vet for him. Sleepy and his dog are a lot alike.:tongue:

@cdcotr- of course, you do make a lot of sense. 

I actually don't watch all the shows I enumerated.  I only watch WGM, Ear's Candy and a fewe documentaries.  I just try to find out what kind of shows they are - watch for a few minutes and if it doesn't suit my taste, then I stay away.  As with dramas, I watch a few daily dramas (and knock my brains off with hatred, confusion, etc.)  This is what happens when you retire - you look for things to do (aside from knitting and crocheting) and K-dramas to watch.  I might do what you're doing too - go back to old Japanese and Chinese dramas (I don't watch dramas from my own country :() - the older ones are more entertaining.

Man!!! I'm really bum at the reality that we wouldn't be able to watch wgm every Saturdays while silently routing for our favorite couple's. Hehe

I'm glad I had the chance to watch the show bc of Sleepy and Gookju and will watch it til the end with teary eyes. 

I really expect this will happen though I still hope its not the really confirmed by ofc mbc itself. 

But if you think it actually made sense. The maknae couple had their wedding, GM will be now busy shooting his drama. SeulGook will have their honeymoon vacation. But the island couple are just starting yet. They would end up having the shortest eps in wgm along with David Oh and Kwon Rise, Yewon and Henry couple. 

Whatever happens, this forum will still be on the run, right? 

P.S. If ever theyre the last 3 couples in the show, I must say it's realest wgm of all 

P.S. again. I really cried though, a lot haha

Just now, NitaA said:

So does that mean the new couple will be done before celebrating their 100 days? I still have not seen news from Soompi yet, Allkpop usually is less reliable.

I am really hoping though gosh let them celebrate, ow those two huhu

MBC SHOULD RELEASE A STATEMENT GOSH

They could come back in a different form. It would be fun if they had a show where the participants chose their own partner to go on a "date" for a few weeks. Choosing them only from info and not seeing them. Kind of like the show "The Voice" You don't see them until you date. Probably something like this already and I just don't know it.:blink:

It would be let down without WGM. Even if they did similar activities, the couples are always different and react in ways that are interesting. 

Archived