English Subs Thread

Guest mily2

Guest Jaejoongx3

hello everyone!

I'm a newbie here! so I kinda dunno where is where!! ^^; *mian* *mian*

just one quick question..I've recently downloaded the Kdrama "Cinderella Man" and I haven't found any subtitles (hard or soft)

could anyone help me out here?!

thank you.

The one with Yoona?

That drama you can find hardsubs at soshified. But you gotta reach a certain amount of post in order to download them. (:

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

There is a small team (of 2 right now) that has started a new subbing project to produce a complete 134 episode set of English subs for Dae Jo Young. To date we have completed episodes 1-6, but... as you know (or may not) this drama was originally produced in 134 episodes, but for reasons whatever, was reduced to 112 for television. We have discovered for example that ep 5 has 21:38 missing, and ep 6 has 21:32 missing scenes. To reduce from 130 (ep 1-4 were not shortened) to 112 required the deletion of 22 hours of scenes. To our knowledge these scenes have never been translated.

That is where we need help. We need translators from Korean to English. We could also use help with transcribing the existing English subs from the low quality 112 episode series that does exist. The HQ 700MB.avi files exist and are complete.

This is an amazing drama, but very technical, and this project will not be easy. It is also several years old, but I understand just starting a rebroadcast somewhere, and the historical genre may not be of interest to all. But we would appreciate any help we can get from anyone who does appreciate this type of drama, and Dae Jo Young in particular.

Guest hungrymoose

hey y'all,

i'm just wondering if anyone's subbing MBC's sunday night variety show Danbi. I recently got into this show and really love it- I would actually love to help anyone's who's subbing this series (I can translate from Korean to English) :)

Anyways, pm me or something :P

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Carousel_

Hi i just finished watching hong gil dong on mysoju.com and at the end of each episode i saw the contributions you guys made. I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU for all the time, effort and hard work you guys put into it!

Keep up the great work!! =)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest buisoms

hey was wondering if anyone is subbing the movie JEON WOO CHI - THE TAOIST WIZARD?? dying to watch this movie T.T

B.O.N. FunSubs is Recruiting!

Life Special Investigation Team

lsit2.jpg

Join us for some live action, fun, romance, and investigative work into insurance fraud! B.O.N. FunSubs would love to hear from translators (Korean to English, or Mandarin to English), timers and editors/QCers. If you do not have experience, we will train you. All we ask for is enthusiasm!

Synopsis: Life Special Investigation Team tells the story of a team of investigators who examine insurance claims for foul play or fraud, revealing the truth behind the lies and dark secrets of those in power. Some people have secrets that they want to keep under cover forever, and insurance agents and policy holders are no different. Shim Eunjin plays the role of Joo Kangi, a meticulous and shrewd insurance investigator. She is a workaholic and fussy about everything. In the drama, she gets involved in a love triangle with Eom Gi-joon and Kim Heung Soo.

Links of interest:

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=203229

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Life_Special_Investigation_Team;

http://twitchfilm.net/news/2008/07/2008-k-...half-wrapup.php (the review is at bottom third);

http://www.hancinema.net/korean_drama_Spec...gation_Team.php

Interested in making a contribution to the world of fansubbing? Please send a PM to either rambutan or Hanjae here at Soompi, or email us at bonfunsubs@gmail.com.

Guest amara1430269879

hi every body :) i just wanted 2 know is there any sub files for the new season show new x man ??? :huh:

there is only for the last season !!

its great show and it will more great with english sub B)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rieazure

I am looking for people who could help me form a new subbing squad who would mainly sub variety shows.

Do you guys know Good Daddy?

It is a show that was not subbed completely and so, people often roam around the net and search high and low for the remaining subs. Unfortunately, those people will just have to give up and learn Korean, unless someone helps them.

My point is that I want to help foreigners and oversea fans to appreciate and understand Korea more.

Why variety shows?

Currently, there are a lot of K-Drama subbing teams all around, who manage all of the K-Dramas. However, everyone seems to be looking for the variety shows that stars are in. It's going to be hard work, but rewarding.

Makes sense? I hope so.

To start off, I would need 2 co-founder to help me with this. That's right. Co-Founder. I'm going to have to put all of my trust in you even if you're a complete stranger. You guys are going to help me search for more staff, as well as manage the forum, wordpress, blogspot, facebook, twitter and all of those stuff. Oh yeah, you're going to help me come up with a name too!

Please reply in this thread with the following:

Username:

Desired Position:

E-mail Address:

Experiences:

Why would you want to join?:

If you're going to be accepted, how will you be of help and why should I trust you?:

Of course, I can't go on without some lovely translators. You need to be confident in translating Korean to English accurately. I can also have some Chinese translators for translating Chinese-subbed Korean videos to English. Must be fluent in English.

Username:

Desired Position:

E-mail Address:

Experiences:

Why would you want to join?:

Language:

*will choose co-founders first before notifying translator applicants

*to be continued~*

Guest kath1221

hey was wondering if anyone is subbing the movie JEON WOO CHI - THE TAOIST WIZARD?? dying to watch this movie T.T

is it the one that starring kang don won? i actually saw this movie in dramacrazy.net with english subs...

hope it helps..

• 4 weeks later...
Guest toGETherONE

Anyone subbing Our Slightly Risque Relationship [조금 야한 우리 연애] Drama Special 06/05/10 starring Lee Seon-kyun?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest oreo_rr

soon im gonna get a dvd recorder.

ill definitely upload it for you guys.

ill record straight from kbsworld.

so none of you guys need to do the hard work of translating.

• 2 weeks later...

soon im gonna get a dvd recorder.

ill definitely upload it for you guys.

ill record straight from kbsworld.

so none of you guys need to do the hard work of translating.

Way to go! Looking forward to your contributions, then!

Guest Jaejoongx3

Just a question, why doesn't anyone subs sitcoms? Hahahahas.

Won't it be awesome if we manage to get enough people to start a subbing group to sub sitcoms?

Guest teukiie

Is there anyone subbing/uploading KBS2 Please Marry Me? I know it's gonna air on KBSWorld though >< HARU2SUBS is subbing it :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Aesthetic_Chinese

Anyone subbing the "Hot Brothers" with Lee KiKwang && Simon D?? I heard its pretty funny (:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest *alodia*

B.O.N. Funsubs is recruiting

bonposter.jpg

ialrecruitmentcopy.jpg

If anyone is interested, feel free to send me a PM / send me an email: alodia4448@yahoo.com

*NOTE: We also need Chinese-English translators, however I still don't know whose Chinese subbing team will take this drama, so we'll leave it pending for now... but I'm sure someone will definitely sub this in Chinese

• 1 month later...

Hey, everyone! Just passing by to clear out something, that I'm guessing that some are confused of?

About the official subbing team for Playful Kiss, Haru2subS will be working on it and had saved it up as a project for us to work on this September! Hence, we are currently recruiting translators to help out work on this drama! Translators are the only one's currently needed. So, please e-mail us at haru2subs@gmail.com. And you can reach us through our official website, http://www.haru2subs.com/.

Please help spread the word through any sites, or twitter that #haru2subs will be subbing Playful Kiss and is in need of translators!

Archived