Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

Heeee :D....Hi-eeee.....:P Whooooopeeee!    A temporary Sooompiland??   Let's have fun! 

Nice to hear from you @booha and @ell4u!  Thank you! 

I'll come round again!  Just dropping in to say Hi-eeeee! 

Byeeeee!  for now.  Take care everyone!

Nice to hear ‘his crinkly eyed smile’   Thank you @ell4u (sorry chingu I don't know how to use 'like this' yet :()

Hello  Here are a few things I learned from temp soompi today.  (My tech level is mediocre):

posting picture/gif: (( just paste the direct link )) (Then hit the 'space' key & wait a few seconds)

How to post videos? (( ​You can just put the YouTube link as usual and it will autoembed))

Do people get notification if they are tagged in a post? ((Yes))

You can´t edit older Post / or after awhile/ or after 3 mins? and you can edit only one time. (only temp Soompi??)

There is no cancel button in the reply box (editing box) so use the ‘backspace’ key.

Hi booha, thanks for sharing more info about this temporary set-up. Ye, "edit button" has only 3-min-window time, otherwise, it disappears. :D

Hi Hi everyone! I logged in just to check out this new temp forum and to say hi to many of you whom I'm not seen for a while. :)

It's been almost a year since I left for the US and its time for me to return home, so my life has been pretty much busy with juggling work and packing my stuff into many many boxes. Still 1 more month to go, but it seems like a never ending journey of packing and more packing.... :( Hope to jump right into Soompi when RL is more settled on my end.

Take care and I will be back soon!

Celes80 

Edited by celes80

Week 4:  an individual combat,   defense readiness condition, night march 30km with full combat gear.

Week 5:  moral[spiritual] education, bayonet skills, completion ceremony

Hyuki girls  Okay The Korean time today is Thursday and it means only one more day left for this week training unless Saturday is a part of training.  I hope there wasn’t a night march in the rain.   Then next is Week5 and the completion ceremony. 

This is from  CJH HK Fan Group FB (https://www.facebook.com/choijinhyuk.hkfangroup )

崔振赫香港飯團 Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 HK Fan Group 
shared Korea Tourism Organization's photo.

(( EC & FTLY & PP got selected among other Kdramas by K-tourism organization))  

(google translation) Wah! The first option is # Emergency Couple, hehe list we played there # Fated To Love You # Pride and Prejudice, if not to take gifts, but how can you not participate to Korea National Tourism Organization put some reference opinions?

Edited by booha

**  Hyuki girls  I can’t tag some of you.   I wonder if we have to sign-in/ log-in  in the tem-soompi in order to be tagged??   If that is the case, please Hyuki girls,  sign in…   

Hyuki girls   I posted before about  CJH’s appearance in the Old School radio program twice.   He may be one of the other guests in the first appearance (Mar 2012) and for the second time, it was just for him exclusively (July 2013,after his big break from GFB).    Before CJH made his second appearance in Old School,  he came on Bag Gyeong-lim (2 o’clock date radio)  on the last week of GFB.   When he appeared the BGL show for the first time,  the soompi members were  very excited  to see and hear him.  Until then  there weren’t many videos about him and everybody was so desperate to find more information about him.   I don’t know whether anyone saw this BGL show  but you can see the difference in how he appears between two shows.   When he came to the BGL show,  the WR character died the week before and his OST made #1 on the internet chart and he and his mom cried from joy.   We know he is very close to her.    I’m sure he came to her studio many times to see her but he never came as a sole guest.   In the show they talked about how much they waited for a moment like that:  He would sit across from her as a guest in her studio.   At the beginning she warned him not to cry otherwise she would cry too and she couldn’t carry on the show.   After the show CJH said in one of the interviews that he had to pinch his thigh to keep from crying.   These two waited many years for such a break and they couldn’t help their high emotions gyrating.  It showed.  In the Old School show CJH looks much calmer and relaxed.  We know CJH made a second appearance in the BGL show this year.  Yes they are long but I have to try to translate these three shows at some point. 

Here are the links for two now.  I  have to find the third one later

(Bag Gyeong-lim (2 o’clock date radio))

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/n8_zwywTggc/ or http://www.tudou.com/listplay/ExGq0v4GKv8/n8_zwywTggc.html

(Old School radio show part1 & part 2 )

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x12bjan_130722-올드스쿨-최진혁-1_shortfilms

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x12bk1s_130722-올드스쿨-최진혁-2_shortfilms

**CJH’s back was captured at the beginning of the Old School show.  So I screencaped him for the beginning and  ending.  

Heeee :D....Hi-eeee.....:P Whooooopeeee!    A temporary Sooompiland??   Let's have fun! 

Nice to hear from you @booha and @ell4u!  Thank you! 

I'll come round again!  Just dropping in to say Hi-eeeee! 

Byeeeee!  for now.  Take care everyone!

Hello   I’m so glad to see you signed in.   I still  feel a bit strange with the new soompi.  Oh well!   At least  we now have a regular edit function  without restriction.  Hopefully other members will be back in the permanent soompi.  

Hi Hi everyone! I logged in just to check out this new temp forum and to say hi to many of you whom I'm not seen for a while. :)

It's been almost a year since I left for the US and its time for me to return home, so my life has been pretty much busy with juggling work and packing my stuff into many many boxes. Still 1 more month to go, but it seems like a never ending journey of packing and more packing.... :( Hope to jump right into Soompi when RL is more settled on my end.

Take care and I will be back soon!

Celes80 

​Oh dear   So your time in this country is coming to a close.   I’m sorry you had  such a crazy winter.  I’m not going to ask  how much you will miss  this country.    So you have to do a lot of packing.  It sounds like you bought a lot of presents for your family.  Don’t forget to buy for yourself too.  It’s so amazing to think  that soon you will be soomping from your country with a different time zone.   Till then enjoy spring  and packing/packing…  

This is an old posting(4/8/2014) . I don’t think it was posted before  but I guess it doesn’t matter.  This article sounds so sweet and it has many good/heartwarming pictures. 

http://www.venusbuzz.com/archives/66581/eye-want-candy-choi-jin-hyuk/

[5 Fun Facts/Reasons Why  We Love Choi Jin Hyuk]

(#1) Eye Want Candy: Choi Jin Hyuk (4/8/2014)

With Emergency Couple just ending recently, what is a fan to do?   Why, oogle at the very hot main actor of course!  Mr. Emergency Man himself a.k.a Choi Jin Hyuk is our Eye Wan Candy of the week!

Who Is This ‘Choi Jin Hyuk’

Born on February 9, 1986, Kim Tae Ho, or better known by his stage name, Choi Jin Hyuk, is an actor hailing from Mokpo, South Korea.

Breaking into the entertainment scene in 2006 through the KBS reality talent show Survival Star Audition, this good looking Korean rose to popularity with the recent season finale of the cable drama, Emergency Couple. Prior to that, Choi Jin Hyuk was also know for his supporting roles in The Heirs and Gu Family Book.

With so many great comments under his belt, and the fact that he is super pleasing to the eyes, here are some other things to know about him.

1. He Is Unlike His Serious Characters!

Despite often cast to portray serious characters (except for Emergency Couple, which was his first comedic role), Jin Hyuk oppa reveals that he is actually the opposite in real life. In an interview with InStyle magazine, he says this: “Actually, I have a bright personality and laugh a lot. When I am excited, I often burst out laughing.”

We must say that we’re glad to find out that, because his smile just melts you away!

2. He Is A Great Morning Call!

Similar with his The Heirs co-star, Kim Woo Bin, this suave individual has a series of morning call videos for his fans to wake up to!

Oh my! Hands down one of the best sights to wake up to in the morning, don’t you agree?

Edited by booha

(#2) Eye Want Candy: Choi Jin Hyuk (4/8/2014)

3. He’s Such A Desirable Papa!

One of the episodes in Emergency Couple sees Choi Jin Hyuk’s character taking care of an adorable baby and we won’t lie – we are convinced that he would make a good father!

What’s that? You’re saying that you can’t see yourself having a family with this nice, tall and handsome individual?

You seriously can’t picture living with Jin Hyuk and have him take care of junior as you wait for your manicures to dry? You don’t think it’s adorable that he’s so gentle and careful around children?

All right then. It’s fine by us if you still don’t see the appeal of this glorious man being the father to your child – it just means more of the man to ourselves [:)]

4. He Sings, Beautifully!

Even though Jin Hyuk is known in the entertainment industry as an actor, the truth is that he is actually quite a talented singer too.

And that’s performed live with minimal background music, mind you!   n fact, that soulful and timbre voice of his lead him to five songs in K-drama OSTs so far. Namely:

“Enough to Die” — track from It’s Okay, Daddy’s Girl OST (2011)
“Inverted Love” — track from Ms Panda and Mr Hedgehog (2012)
“Best Wishes to You” — track from Gu Family Book OST (2013)
“Don’t Look Back” — track from The Heirs OST (2013)
“Scent of a Flower” — track from Emergency Couple OST (2014)

Edited by booha

(#3) Eye Want Candy: Choi Jin Hyuk (4/8/2014)

5. He Looks Good In Anything

Some guys pull of being a dapper gentleman in class, others are more approachable in casual pieces – but Choi Jin Hyuk generally just looks good in anything! It really doesn’t matter if he is playing the role as a doctor…

DXO7UMn.gif

If he’s in a traditional costume…

2qhR53C.jpg

Or even if he is getting his game on with some athletic attire…

99VcwUs.jpg

Chances are that you’d still stop whatever you’re doing and give the man a good look!  Oh, and we bet said look would be especially longer if he had nothing on…

v2VnefS.gif

What you’ll need to make your man look like Choi Jin Hyuk.

Formal attire: Well-fitted and dapper suits, white collared shirt, ties.

Casual attire: Plain tops (shirts or button-up), sweaters, fitted dark jeans, trendy pants.

Accessories: Watch, occasional ring and bracelet, sunnies, cute smile and a hot body!

mQwF5HN.jpg

The pictures are from Ballop homepage.  I don’t know how many of them were posted previously. 

cr to DC

Edited by booha

This is from CJH Global fans FB.   Thank you!  

Read more: https://www.facebook.com/choijinhyukglobalfanbase

<<  Good news for Singapore fans!

"Emergency Couple" will air on Channel U at 10pm everyday from Monday to Friday starting from Tuesday, May 5. >>

kvQ6CtN.jpg

IxbD3WU.jpg

CJH HK Fan Group  posted  this cute picture. Thank you HK fans!     It's nice to hear FTLY and PP will air this weekend. 

Read more: https://www.facebook.com/choijinhyuk.hkfangroup 

8iCzjR0.jpg

hi everyone! Im so happy to tell u this..  i just watched our man's rainism dance at youtube..OMG..  My heart fluttered at d sight.. How i wish i can post it here. He was all sweaty n hot!  Go check the real 2015 rainism cover..  It was @chaybaggs who msgd me bout this

Edited by ell4u

@ell4u - I just saw it too!! OMG... He is a damn good dancer!

I'm posting the link here!! It's a must watch!

P.S. I'm so happy they're showing EC back home! More people to gawk over this beautiful actor.... But by the time I fly back, it may have ended its run! Oh well... 

Guest mdolphins

Hi everyone, so much has happened since I have been on this site. I was reading through the opening page and I am really impressed at how organized it is. Awesome job. I will pop in from time to time to say hi and see if there is any news or info. At least the countdown has begun and we can wait for him to come back to us. Be well my friends.

What a surprise  about this rainism dance video.  Thank you   @ell4u  & @celes80

It’s about time that we got some  crumbs from RBH/Hukssi maneger.   Hyukssi has been gone  almost a month  with no news.   However  it seems the Hyukssi manager thought about the coming inevitable drought  and put away some  for rainy days.  I was very surprised to see he could dance like that because I didn’t think the dance was in him.   Even though his dance wasn’t like a real professional, he captured and showed his own flair like his singing.   It looks like he must practice a lot.   He should add a few dancing routines in the future FM.  

** I watched some portion of the video in slow motion by setting on slow speed.   He looks fabulous.   

cr to DC

Edited by booha

Hi everyone, so much has happened since I have been on this site. I was reading through the opening page and I am really impressed at how organized it is. Awesome job. I will pop in from time to time to say hi and see if there is any news or info. At least the countdown has begun and we can wait for him to come back to us. Be well my friends.

I hoped you saw Hyuki’s rainism dance.  So nice to hear from you.  Nice to hear you will stop here from time to time.   At this point I will probably try not to think about the countdown.  It’s too too  etc etc…    Take care of yourself & hope everything is okay with you.  

cr to DC

Edited by booha

I just found this article which came out after PP.  It is a good article and gave a nice tribute to our guy.

‘PP’ CJH,  jackpot decision before his enlistment (1/14/2015)

(translation)

It was wise for CJH to choose MBC pp before his enlistment.  CJH could have been left as just one of many who played next to the other  lead character but through PP, he has proven that he has ability to  play a male lead character.

After 10 years since he made his first appearance in front of the public in 2006, KBS 2TV ‘Survival Star Audition’   CJH got the lead character in the public station drama aired week days during prime time.   It happened as he faced his looming  enlistment.   CJH made himself stand tall as the lead in PP and imprinted his appeal on the viewers.

Although he made his debut in 2006, CJH didn’t get the spotlight until recently.   He appeared as one of the handsome chefs in the 2010 MBC ‘Pasta’ and at the end of the same year he played a main character in SBS ‘It’s Okay, Daddy’s Daughter’.   However it was through 2013 MBC ‘GFB’ his stock began to rise.   He could have ended with just a special appearance in GFB but thanks to his hot popularity, he emerged as an important figure and his character made it to the end of a drama.  It was unexpected good fortune for CJH, and to the audience it was an unexpected rediscovery.   

Afterward he has been on the nonstop move.  He showed his face in SBS ‘Heirs’ which had top stars and  in tvN ‘EC’ he acted passionately as lead.    Then he became the genuinely loving man who loves the heroine,  JangNaRa  steadily in ‘FTLY’. 

However one regretful thing from his move was that he didn’t make it to the very top.  Although he starred as the lead in the cable channel,  in the public tv stations, he was veiled by the lead characters’ light.  Despite his character’s  high popularity, at the end the character had to swallow  bitterness.  In addition CJH  had to face the reality of his enlistment which was nearing.    

Right then CJH chose  ‘PP’.  Before the broadcasting ‘PP’ didn’t receive high expectations from the viewers.  However ‘PP’ ranked #1 until the middle and was loved by the audience.   Netizens’s response were that they didn’t know  CJH and BJH could be able to carry  on their roles to a such level.

CJH was entrusted  with the role of  a prosecutor, Gu Dong Chi.   With his tall height and look he appeared in every episode wearing suits which were like a prosecutor’s uniform.  He didn’t need to try to  look cool.  He brought his cool in a natural way while digging in a case and showed the melo side in the love line with HWM/BJH. Moreover his action scene acted as another added flavor.  The drama was like a comprehensive gift set in which CJH could show his charm. 

Recently many actors have been working more actively  after military service.   Military service can also give the feel of a real grown man from the previous image.   So attention has been given to CJH about his future move. In response one broadcaster said “It seems there aren’t many younger male actors currently around,  so 30 year old CJH will have his own place.   Therefore after his military service,  his next move will become important” revealed.   

http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1110051922

Edited by booha

I hoped you saw Hyuki’s rainism dance.  So nice to hear from you.  Nice to hear you will stop here from time to time.   At this point I will probably try not to think about the countdown.  It’s too too  etc etc…    Take care of yourself & hope everything is okay with you. 

Hi booha,

Wahhh............thanks for sharing these photos. I have never seen him danced. 

@ell4u - I just saw it too!! OMG... He is a damn good dancer!

I'm posting the link here!! It's a must watch!

P.S. I'm so happy they're showing EC back home! More people to gawk over this beautiful actor.... But by the time I fly back, it may have ended its run! Oh well... 

xD

Hi,

Thanks for sharing this video. My 1st time to see this clip. Wow, CJH could dance, huh? He really has the moves.....xD