Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

Hyuki girls Here’s one idea popped into my head.  I know some fans want to send a fan letter to CJH.  I’m wondering whether each fan might want to send something about their own place/country.  It’s like a fan acting as a cultural ambassador.   Now CJH is in the army and he has army buddies. He can’t really share his fan letters with them but if a fan sends the pictures/links about interesting things in its own country or interesting things happened,  then he could share them with his army buddies.   Most of these soldiers are very young and likely never have been out of Korea.   Last night I googled to check out KL-Mala and I was quite surprised to see pictures of the place.  When I have time  I should google about the region.   So please consider this idea. 

HDujJaP.gif

GFB EP20

OLBjdHL.gif

"나를... 아느냐?" (naleul... aneunya?)  "Do you ... know me?"pHPgP0H.gif

looking at Jo Gwan Woong while holding his underling's neck

X4IvEdo.gif

qILoKO3.jpg

cr to DC

• Like 4

Guest chaybags55

Oh we have so many posts cards so I can send to CJH and show to his comrades.. Btw where can we send them. Btw @booha talking of cultural ambassador representing our own country, what a brilliant idea. I come from the Philiipines and if you have time Google the ff:

vigan city ( latest new 7 ️wonder cities of the world ( btw it's a neighboring town where I was born)

underground river puerto princess Palawan city voted as the new 7 wonders of nature 

we have many lovely,beaches the famous of which is Boracay .,

you tube uploads it's more fun in the Philippines, you can search it

Elle4u, AliciA Huggybear and me are more than happy to show you around. let us know chingu! 

Btw in case we send posts cards to CJH thru Red brick house, is the management sending these fan letters while he is in the army. If so, what is the address of Redbrick house?

Thanks for your relentless effort keeping this thread alive! 

Edited by chaybags55

EDIT: RBH address

4th Fl Samsung Bldg. 242-36 Nonhyeon-Dong. Gangnam-Gu. SEOUL, REPUBLIC OF KOREA 135-830

((서울시 강남구 논현동 242-36 삼성빌딩 4층 우)135-830  ))

Hello Hyuki girls  First  the army doesn’t accept any fan mail/package.  It checks out every mail and it returns any mail if it doesn’t look like a proper mail.  So we have to send to Red Brick House.   Probably JH’s manager/staff will handle all of his fan mails.  These fan mails are delivered to him when people visit him in the army or  Hyuki can see them when he has a pass to come home.  We know he will get to come home from time to time.  We saw him with his friend last week.   

Next I know this idea came to me but I have never done it myself like you girls.  So I thought about it some more.

Possibly this can be done individually or in a group.  In the military a soldier can’t have a smart phone or any phone.  I think some army bases  might have a computer facility (but not all of them) so that these soldiers can visit and use a computer for work related or after work for personal.  I posted previously some pictures about the army facility.  So if anybody wants to send something about one’s own country, it could be better with a packaged envelope which has postcards, information about the place and some other pictures( like screencaped image of YT videoperhaps??)    This is my vague/ general idea.  I’m sure there are many ways to do it.  I feel the important thing is that how to package about one’s country  well so that the other wants to know and read about it.   OR if this is too much work and effort, one can simply send postcards and some internet  links with a brief description perhaps??   

** I checked out ‘vigan city, Philippines’ :link: https://www.google.com/#q=vigan+philippines 

Historic Town of Vigan(link: http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/502 )  ( It’s from a UNESCO site so the google translation of this article from English to Korean is pretty good. It’s an old posting from 1999 when it was named as a world heritage site(?)    So If I’m not mistaken it became formally the New7Wonders Cities of the world in 5/7/2015.  The site has pictures but I read about ‘the copy right’ for them so I wouldn’t try to copy them.  )

byahe ni drew Nov 29 2013 ilocandia vigan (YT video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xxPCI1v9do  ) (It looks like he is a Pilipino TV host.  In this video he speaks some English too.   Even though I didn’t understand some of what he was saying but most of the time I understood in context. He’s entertaining and it’s a fun video to send the link.   But if the other side can’t have access to the  internet, I might want to screencap them in several different segments/parts since it’s a long video.    Then I would write a brief note/description/personal comments/ or something like that on each part and send each of them separately over a period of time.)

Vigan City, Ilocos Sur, Philippines  (YT video)  (It was posted 9/6 /2011.  It has some captions in English which I screencaped.   One image caught my eyes: “Tom Cruise stayed while filming the movie ‘Fourth of July’”. )Vigan City, Ilocos Sur, Philippines

Vigan City, Ilocos Sur, Philippines

buJfm5u.jpg

A short tour of Vigan

lJ7pePu.jpg

Vigan city, Ilocos Sur  Philippines

pAh6gnp.jpg

Vigan is where you see remnant of colonial Spanish architecture

in the Philippines and Asia.

f0HSMFZ.jpg

At Plaza Salcedo

UTRKk6e.jpg

We sampled the famous Vigan empanada.

s05b4bI.jpg

Empanada and Ukoy

furw9Nl.jpg

Then we hopped in one of these "kalesas" here at the plaza.

dH4gS79.jpg

We had a very friendly "kutsero" and a good tour guide as well.

Wqw0FrV.jpg

sCrxXRH.jpg

YN8EmjE.jpg

XSV9YKX.jpg

oP5ACJs.jpg

qidQTOR.jpg

A stop at the church and belfry in the town of Bantay,

a few minutes from Vigan

riPTRML.jpg

5ZhzjhH.jpg

qvr8F2B.jpg

A view of  Bantay and Vigan with the mountains of Abra

at the background

kPgfR6c.jpg

Passing through downtown Vigan

GgdNzLg.jpg

8yktuls.jpg

At the "Pagburnayan"

w889YM4.jpg

JeoCwh8.jpg

EOrE0xY.jpg

phf7tce.jpg

Tom Cruise stayed here while filming the movie "Fourth of July".

x4jfDTC.jpg

Going through the old part of the town at Calle Crisologo

PaEb0J7.jpg

EkSsIuK.jpg

Going back to Plaza Salcedo

dI0J60I.jpg

At the outskirt of Vigan is

Governor Singson's mini-zoo, Baluate

** I found another one: Philippines festivals panagbenga (link: https://www.google.com/search?q=philippines+festivals+panagbenga&biw=1366&bih=635&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=3pleVfnwBsrtsAXFvYC4BA&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ#imgrc=_   ) 

On the image site it has amazing pictures.  I guess this is a good one which one could send postcards about Panagbenga festivals with interesting links about  articles or videos.   I found one article showing some Koreans participated in the festival parade.  

http://thetravellingdork.com/archive/2012/03/flower-power-10-things-to-spot-at-the-panagbenga-festival/

8yU8DRg.jpg

http://www.yodisphere.com/2012/03/panagbenga-flower-festival-in-baguio.html

GLWcINx.jpg

Edited by booha
  • Like 2

Guest chaybags55

Thanks @booha for the links above by the way that panagbenga  flower festival am sure @ell4u will be a gracious host to you and to those interested to visit our country particularly Baguio city right @ell4u?

Edited by chaybags55

@booha dear i was amazed you discovered panagbenga festival because that's where i live.. Glad you liked it.. It happens every feb and its a celebration of the blooming of the flowers.. 

• Like 2

@chaybags55  Thank you for invitation to your country even though it’s just too far away for us to make a trip there.  Thank you for showing the Vigan place.  I can google to check any place but it’s more fun to check out the place where I know someone (like Hyuki girls  hahaha)    I used to look into Thailand  because I was attracted to those interesting and colorful Buddha temples. It looks like I will make a lot of virtual trips over there during winter.   I only had a quick glance about the underground river puerto princess Palawan city. It seems there are many more things to check out later.

I told you before that the winter in Seoul was very nasty.  So if you decide to send something about your country, I’m sure Hyuki and his army buddies will be happy to see those sunny tropical images during a cold winter.  I screencaped some from the video because you can see they can be like story telling.  If you are interested you can easily copy them into the word-text form and print out on any paper( like typing paper) like a little booklet.    

@ell4u  Oh Yes I was shocked to see how vibrant and colorful the festival was. Then I realized it was the tropical sunlight which makes every color shimmer in intensity.  I’m glad I didn’t see it during a cold winter, otherwise I would not be able to stop thinking about it.  Someday Hyuki should take a vacation in Philippines like he did it in Thailand before.   Are you saying yes yes..   hahaha :w00t::phew:  

• Like 2

On 5/22/2015 at 1:58 PM, meili29 said:

:tears:   Oh... how we miss you Jin Hyuk Oppa....:tears:  How we long for you Sweet Oppa!  :wub:

Can your cat act and sing and dance???    If it’s so, maybe we should put away Hyuki into a dark cold closet for duration and  have this cute lonely cat as our idol.  I feel like I want to sit next to it for awhile.   

**But it’s a fact that every military enlistee has to leave behind his real life, except a few who are lucky enough to be celebrity stars and be assigned into a military band unit and his fan can see and hear him singing somewhere.  I read KJJ who is assigned in a military band unit  is going to perform in an event  this weekend(perhaps?).  His fans were so over the moon now.  So envious of them   However let’s not forget Hyuki really needs rest from the public eyes and be himself for awhile.  There is a good chance  that he is still trying to adjust into his new life and surroundings.  I don’t think being a soldier can be easy for any entertainer.  I mentioned the hardest of being a soldier was not having a smart phone in the military.   I read some never got over this fact.  It’s funny to think about it yet I can understand.   

nGh2Esj.gif  

EDIT: How’s your week   You mentioned it would be busy but hopefully it’s behind you now and you have some good drama to laugh and cry with. Btw I read that about all those new dramas with high expectations, it looks like none turned out to be a knockout yet.  

** We aren’t the only ones guessing/wondering/cross-eyed ???  

GyFvgEm.gif

cr to DC

• Like 3

Guest chaybags55

Oh yes we will be the happiest creature on earth if he considers Phillippines as his next destination trip right @ell4u, @AliciaA and @huggybear_stv. Enjoy your virtual trip chingu to our country! But who knows in the future you might have the time and opportunity @booha dear, we can be your gracious tour guide

It’s from PP EP10.  I should post the previous pictures together in sequence because the lines are good in the sense that the writernim knew about CJH/ DC’s personality.  

“I don’t want to.”

“Why would I when you look pretty, even with the puffy eyes?  :wub:

v2Utiqb.jpg

FiHdYD3.jpg

ZVix15g.jpg

4kDwzP9.jpg

PNieKzk.jpg

vm4cFxS.jpg

iuPriIg.jpg

lJ4RV98.jpg

cr to DC

Edited by booha
  • Like 2

@celes80 @meomogirls.  @mdolphin @vforvintagevera @AliciaA And all hyukie girls.. Where are you?  We miss you here! 

@ell4u - hello, I'm still here. Incredibly tired though since I only recently just returned home after returning halfway around the globe and am jet lagging like crazy. Hope to be more active here when things are more settled on my end.

When PP was airing, I was way too busy to be able to follow it and I only recently just picked it up again. I just finished episode 9. @booha - it's amazing how you read my mind and just posted pics of PP episode 10! That makes me excited for the next episode, lol. Now, I know most of you have finished PP already but I've only recently picked it up and it's kind of fun for me to watch it now as a "new" drama of his, since I did not watch it before. The plot confuses me to no end, if any of you want to discuss it with me, please let me know! (The PP thread is a spoiler landmine, so I intend to avoid it until I have completed the show!)

• Like 4

Guest chaybags55

Hello there @celes80 so you are now back to your home country.. Did you know that Polariscat will be meeting chelseab n Mei li in SG this end of May? Enjoy watching PP and looking forward to new posts at celesc.livejournal.com

Hi @booha 

Wonderful idea and let us all introduce the places we are from!  Thanks for introducing Batu Caves in Kuala Lumpur. How ironic I used to design a tourism book for this place Batu Caves :D

Batu_Caves_Panorama.jpgLocated approximately 11 kilometres to the north of Kuala Lumpur (less than an hour drive from my place), Batu Caves is a limestone hill comprising three major caves and a number of smaller ones. Considered one of Kuala Lumpur’s most frequented tourist attractions, this 100-year-old temple features Hindu idols and statues erected inside the main caves and around it. Incorporated with interior limestone formations said to be around 400 million years old, the temple is considered an important religious landmark by Hindus.

Or if you are interested to know more about Malaysia, please try the http://www.lonelyplanet.com/malaysia

0de9e52f4bc179e8a7afdb75069e1836 thean hou temple

Thean Hou Temple (lots of Chinese couple get married here)

Introducing Malaysia

Malaysia is like two countries in one, cleaved in half by the South China Sea. The multicultural peninsula flaunts Malay, Chinese and Indian influences, while Borneo hosts a wild jungle of orang-utans, granite peaks and remote tribes. Throughout these two regions is an impressive variety of microcosms ranging from the space-age high-rises of Kuala Lumpur to the smiling longhouse villages of Sarawak.

Peninsular Malaysia is the long finger of land extending south from Asia as if pointing towards Indonesia and Australia. Much of the peninsula is covered by dense jungle, particularly its mountainous, thinly popu­lated northern half. On the western side of the peninsula there is a long, fertile plain running down to the sea, while on the eastern side the mountains descend more steeply and the coast is fringed with sandy beaches. The other part of the country, comprising more than 50% of its area, is Malaysian Borneo – the northern part of the island of Borneo (the larger, southern part is the Indonesian state of Kalimantan). Malaysian Borneo is divided into the states of Sarawak and Sabah, with Brunei a small enclave between them. Both states are covered by dense jungle, with many large river systems, particularly in Sarawak. Mt Kinabalu (4101m) in Sabah is Malaysia’s highest mountain.

And then there’s the food. Malaysia (particularly along the peninsular west coast) has one of the best assortments of cuisines in the world. Start with Chinese-Malay ‘Nonya’ fare, move on to Indian curries, Chinese buffets, Malay food stalls and even impressive Western food. Yet despite all the pockets of ethnicities, religions, landscapes and the sometimes-great distances between them, the beauty of Malaysia lies in the fusion of it all, into a country that is one of the safest, most stable and manageable in Southeast Asia.

petronas-twin-towers-hd-desktop-wallpapeIntroducing Kuala Lumpur

Imagine a city, its skyline punctuated by minarets, Mogul domes and skyscrapers, its colourful, food-stall-lined streets shaded by a leafy canopy of banyan and rain trees.

Edited by Yeekrfan2
  • Like 4

Good News for Malaysia Hyukie~
Now we can gather through Facebook and work together to form a strong Malaysia Fan Group!
Please visit and share ~

https://www.facebook.com/CJH.MY

Hello  I’m very happy to hear there is a CJH Malaysia fan group now.   Congratulations!!   I’m looking forward to visit the site. 

Btw Your site has this picture of JH in an airport  which reminded me of the time when it was taken.   At the time there was  a lot of curiosity and high expectations from Hyuki’s fans because he got the role in Heirs right after his big break in GFB.   All during that summer Heirs attracted so much publicity yet  no one knew much about this Kim Won character.  So in August when CJH fans heard that CJH was shooting with wearing  that blue jean outfits in the airport, some went to the airport then saw him leaving for NY.   They learned  only the shooting wasn’t for Heirs which I learned later. They didn’t know why he went to NY or how long he would stay there.  So they made a virtual investigation with  NY background pictures. Then there was this fan who lived in NY so she went to Times Square in hopes CJH might do sightseeing (hahaha) and afterward she posted a few pictures from there without CJH.  I was a newbie so I thought it was hilarious.   Later some fans found out when he was arriving  back from NY.  A DC fan who took those pictures said she left home 3am and came back home 5am.   She said there were about 6 people waiting for him in the airport.   We know his trip to NY and his airport shooting were for the DANIEL CREMIEUX contract.   However we have some new fans who might not know about this so I will post some of those pictures.  We used to get a lot of DC pictures with copy & paste but it stopped and in result, we lost a lot pictures from the DC site.  Please  visit here from time to time    Have a good day

@celes80     Me too!   I was going to post those pictures earlier but somehow I didn’t.   Then yesterday I told myself that I should really post those pictures.   hahaha   Now I know why.  That line was waiting for you.  I hope you saw the previous line (“That’s a big problem, since I see you as my woman.” )  because  the writer got it from GWR.  Personally I like the way the writer wrote for DC/YM  even though their love line was pushed aside in the later part.  Of course those kinds of lines  always sound better in Korean. Sorry.   Some fans said they liked how these two also used chopsticks as a prop.  I’m going to post more about DC/YM later.   This drama is like any other which has the mixture of some good aspects and  some weak points.  However at this point you should watch this kind of a drama either by yourself or with someone who haven’t seen it yet.   Afterwards there are enough interesting things in the drama and some other things to talk about. But you have to know I’m not very good at talking about drama but I really want to learn/ improve on it.  One half of being in soompi is watching a drama and talking about it with others, and other half, fangirling.  haha   Lately whenever I have time, I try to check around other drama sites. I found there were many members who were crazy about dramas and so eager to share with others.   oh well    PS  Happy to see you back home.  Hopefully your life will be more relaxed.   It means again we are in opposite time zones. One will dance around a shopping mall while the other will dance on the moon in sleep. 

Edited by booha
  • Like 2