Kim So Yeon 김소연

larus

'Penthouse' Writer Kim Soon-ok "Kim So-yeon's piano scene, look back several times...it was like a gift"

PYVWN3VV3IE5XMPWPCX7AXSM3Q.jpg

If you can pick the most impressive scene from the SBS drama'Penthouse', you can take the 15th episode of Kim So-yeon's piano scene. In this episode, Cheon Myung-soo (Jeong Seong-mo), who learned of her daughter Cheon Seo-jin (Kim So-yeon)'s affair, took away everything from Cheon Seo-jin, saying that it was "a shame in the family." The proposed chairmanship was also withdrawn, and the current position of the art director of Cheong-A Ye High School was also taken. Not only that, it became a thing that had no legacy to pass on.

BLSUXQUGQVCFLHBUNKROQUHHJM.jpg

As a result, Cheon Seo-jin, who followed Cheon Myung-soo in the rain, was fierce and screamed. When she was notified that "you're no longer my daughter," she roared, and she fell from a sudden heart attack, and she, rather than trying to save her father, she said, "You are no longer my daughter." I was busy taking care of them. And after returning to Hera Palace with her whole body covered in her father's blood and sitting in front of the piano, she performed insanity, saying, "My father made me this way.

She was praised as a'acting target feeling' at once for her hot performance without needing her words. In a written interview with Sports Chosun, writer Kim Soon-ok, who wrote the script for'Penthouse', was proud of this scene, "It was a god like a gift to our drama."

Writer Kim praised, "She was the best enough to look back several times." And she said, "To maximize her feelings, actress Kim So-yeon has practiced her piano for months since she was cast," she said. "She praises the actor's amazing passion." She did not spare praise. Writer Kim lowered herself, saying, "She actually expected the ending of the 15th episode the most when writing the script. She thinks that actor Kim So-yeon has done so well, and she as a writer thinks that she has gone up to the actor's acting."

https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/entertain_photo/2021/01/25/IUVSZJMWN3L3TSIJS6532OS5TY/

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

'All for You' Kim So-yeon and Lee Sang-woo model contract extension

news_1611564659_1469358_m_1.jpeg

Hansung FI's'All for You' announced on the January 25th that it will expand the contract with model actors Kim So-yeon and Lee Sang-woo, and conduct marketing activities.

Since 2009, Soyeon Kim has been participating in various advertisements and promotions as an exclusive model for the All4U brand. Lee Sang-woo has been a model since 2016.

An All4U official said, "Kim So-yeon and Lee Sang-woo are trying to show more images with an active attitude every season of public relations activities." He added, "This year, we will share and communicate a lot of fun and brand news with our customers by planning more diverse and interesting contents with Kim So-yeon and Lee Sang-woo."

https://www.ebn.co.kr/news/view/1469358

• Like 3

I am glad that writer Kim Sun Ok mentioned that her favorite scene was So yeon`s scene where Seo Jin played the piano after she let her father die in the rain. She watched it a few times like all of us. :D It was indeed the most memorable scene from season 1. I am glad that she praised So yeon as well and rightfully so. She did a great job.

A video with all behind the scenes  was released.

• Like 2

The full article of writer Kim Sun Ok.

“The Penthouse” Writer Praises The Cast, Talks About A Particularly Memorable Scene, And More

Jan 26, 2021
by J. K
eb18254a5df145b09c347198656ddbe8.jpeg?s=

In the interview, Kim Soon Ok explained that she had first planned out the project with the idea of it being an original show with seasons on an OTT (over-the-top) online video service.

She went on to say that she had written the drama with the mindset that it could be her last project. She therefore aimed to portray many potentially uncomfortable topics she had wanted to deal with in an unconventional and honest way, including issues surrounding the gap between the rich and poor, the harmful consequences of school violence, issues of unfairness in education, the creation of different classes because of real estate, and domestic violence. “However, when it was decided that it would air on a public broadcast network, there were many restrictions, and so a few characters disappeared or were edited,” she said. “Instead, I added comedic aspects.”

[...]

The episode 15 ending in which Kim So Yeon played the piano after the sudden death of her father is still a hot topic to this day. Kim Soon Ok said, “It was a scene that was truly like a present for our drama.” She added, “It was the greatest to the point that I’ve replayed it several times.”

“Kim So Yeon wanted to bring out the emotions as much as possible so she practiced for a few months, ever since she was cast, and performed the piano herself in the scene,” said Kim Soon Ok. “I applaud her surprising passion. I was actually the most excited for the episode 15 ending when I was writing the script as well. Kim So Yeon did such a great job that as a writer, I feel like I was carried by an actor’s performance.”

kim-so-yeon3.jpg

Kim Soon Ok praised the entire cast as she said, “In this drama, all the cast members perfectly pulled off their roles.” She explained that the actors had all made their teamwork and balance the top priority as they devoted themselves to their own characters. “I think that the biggest reason for the show’s success is the cast’s sacrifice and effort,” she said.

• Like 2

Nexon'Sudden Attack', acting goddess actor Kim So-yeon character update

9ceec69f6195359dd024c69db96e7cb68e9fcef4

Nexon announced on the 28th that it has released an actor Kim So-yeon, a new character, who is loved by an attractive villain in the recent drama "Penthouse" in the online FPS game "Sudden Attack".Through the character reminiscent of the evil girl “Cheon Seo-jin” in the SBS drama “Penthouse,” the synergy effect between the game and the content is expected.

The character that Soyeon Kim provides 100% experience, has a character set effect, and 3 types of emotion expression. In commemoration of the release of her new character, if you activate “Character of the Month” by Kim So-yeon by the 10th of next month, a maximum of two permanently sealed items and character free tickets will be provided. If Kim So-yeon's character period is accumulated until the 10th of the following month for a cumulative 300 days, Kim So-yeon character selection rights (permanent system) are given, and among those who have obtained the character selection rights, 15 people who have obtained the character selection rights will receive Kim So-yeon signed mouse pads.

e921120fd86918eebed0875efbc3194aa7a83cb0

b55ba11e3479bb6224533fa01100dd850999ef55

http://theviewers.co.kr/View.aspx?No=1427907

http://www.bloter.net/archives/518400

WOW. Now Cheon So Jin is a character in a video game. :D So Yeon looks fabulous as a video game character as well. Is this an advertisement move from Sudden Attack producers?

Spoiler

It looks hilarious too. Cheon Seo Jin with a gun and mini skirts

• Like 1

On 1/25/2021 at 12:46 PM, larus said:

Since 2009, Soyeon Kim has been participating in various advertisements and promotions as an exclusive model for the All4U brand. Lee Sang-woo has been a model since 2016.

Oh wow i knew she was with them for a long time but i didnt know it was THAT long. Love to see it <3

• Like 2

A video of Kim So yeon, recording the voice of her video game character.

Acting Goddess Kim So-yeon character released! As the recording started, the actor who perfectly digested the script with amazing concentration In the actual field, it shows off a pure and lovely anti-war charm, In a friendly atmosphere, a top-notch character was born

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKk12Jes1Hb/

The piano scene madness is indeed legendary. It appeares in the video game Sudden Attack as well.:lol:

Kim So-yeon`s character emotion expression

Madness piano performance [Sudden Attack]

Soyeon Kim who leads the battlefield [Sudden Attack]

_Kim So-yeon's warning [Sudden Attack]

Spoiler

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Fabbo said:

Oh wow i knew she was with them for a long time but i didnt know it was THAT long. Love to see it <3

I thought she was with All for You from 2010, after Dr Champ but it seems that she signed with the brand after Iris. She and Lee Sang Woo were chosen as models before Happy Home so it looks like the same thing happended with So yeon and Jung Gyu-Woon. We know that the casting could happend up to a year before the drama is broadcast.

I liked Dr Champ couple in All for You Ad and I liked the new couple as well. I am glad that So yeon mentained this job for so long.

• Like 3

Watch: “The Penthouse” Star Yoon Jong Hoon Reveals Just How Hard It Was To Film His Fight Scenes With Kim So Yeon

b93158474a2f4ea8851f2126dced92ca.jpeg?s=

Feb 1, 2021
by E. Cha

Get ready for Yoon Jong Hoon to get brutally honest about his intense fight scenes in “The Penthouse”!

In a newly released preview for next week’s episode of SBS’s “My Ugly Duckling,” “The Penthouse” star Yoon Jong Hoon dishes on his experience filming his emotionally-charged fight scenes with Kim So Yeon for the smash hit drama.

After a brief montage of some of their climactic fight scenes, the preview begins with Super Junior‘s Kim Heechul‘s mom asking, “Did she actually hit you?”

Yoon Jong Hoon goes on to shock the panel of celebrity moms by revealing just how much physical exertion and effort went into filming those scenes. Describing the physical toll it took on him, he recalls, “I was sweating so much, and later on, I even felt like I might lose control of my bowels.”

As the panel of celebrity moms gasps in surprise, he continues, “That’s how hard it is [to film those scenes]. It’s really hard.”

The clip then cuts to a sneak peek of several of the “My Ugly Duckling” members and their friends standing in the snow with only T-shirts on. After complaining about the cold, a few of them mysteriously exclaim, “We’re sorry! We won’t do it again.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1451698wpp/watch-the-penthouse-star-yoon-jong-hoon-reveals-just-how-hard-it-was-to-film-his-fight-scenes-with-kim-so-yeon

• Like 2

Awakening prejudice to “a woman by herself”... Dahee Dahee, Hajiwon, Kim Soyeon, three female warriors in the home theater

restmb_allidxmake.php?idx=3&simg=2021020

Following Ha Ji-won and Kim So-yeon, Dahee Dahee transforms into a strong female warrior character and continues the genealogy.

Iris' Kim So-yeon, short cut explosive charisma'intense'

Since she was cast on KBS2'Iris' in 2009, Kim So-yeon boldly cut her long hair, which was a trademark for her character, and performed powerful action acting. Kim So-yeon's character, Kim Sun-hwa, follows North Korea's best spy agent, Park Chul-young (played by Kim Seung-woo) like a shadow, and carries out an operation. For the role of North Korean spy agent Kim Seon-hwa, who thinks that her failure will be death, Kim So-yeon has been reborn as her best action female warrior by steadily exercising several hours a day and increasing her muscle mass even while she is busy with shooting.  Most of all, at the time, Kim So-yeon was applauded by the staff for shooting with her body-less action fighting spirit, although her leg ligaments ruptured due to her high-intensity action gods and injuries such as a cut in a leg with 12 stitches were followed. 

https://m.thekpm.com/view.php?ud=202102011015271077124506bdf1_17#_enliple

• Like 2

I read that Lee Si Un and Bada will make a cameo in Penthouse 2. Bada will appear as Yoon hee`s best friend but I hope she will do a scene with So yeon as well because she is a friend with So yeon in real life. Lee Si Eon and So Yeon are close from Falling for innocence days and I would love to see a funny scene with these two. Probably he will appear in a scene with the guys but it is nice to see him again. He made a lot of cameos these days.

I decided to watch So yeon`s scene in Penthouse 2 , like I did in the first season. I can`t stay completely away knowing that So yeon in a drama. I still hate the ridiculous of this drama but I hope So yeon will have good scenes. I loved the fashion so I looks forward to see So yeon`s outfits. And I wish she will do a magazine pictorial soon.

The script reading video translated

https://www.instagram.com/p/CK0sl1zFpR0/

• Like 3

4 hours ago, larus said:

I read that Lee Si Un and Bada will make a cameo in Penthouse 2. Bada will appear as Yoon hee`s best friend but I hope she will do a scene with So yeon as well because she is a friend with So yeon in real life. Lee Si Eon and So Yeon are close from Falling for innocence days and I would love to see a funny scene with these two. Probably he will appear in a scene with the guys but it is nice to see him again. He made a lot of cameos these days.

I decided to watch So yeon`s scene in Penthouse 2 , like I did in the first season. I can`t stay completely away knowing that So yeon in a drama. I still hate the ridiculous of this drama but I hope So yeon will have good scenes. I loved the fashion so I looks forward to see So yeon`s outfits. And I wish she will do a magazine pictorial soon.

The script reading video translated

https://www.instagram.com/p/CK0sl1zFpR0/

Hi @larus yay I’m so glad you have decided you would watch P2 :)) Afterall we need you to fill us in on all the nuggets regarding KSY aka CSJ in the drama from her scenes to her fashion to netizens’ IG acc with dedicated LSY/CSJ pages. You’re the best person coz of your dedication! 

I appreciate your posts here, I do find time to read. It’s very therapeutic for me :) I adore KSY and I’m super happy she has hit a major milestone with her acting and popularity. 

• Like 2

Watch: Eugene, Kim So Yeon, Uhm Ki Joon, And More Take Part In “The Penthouse” Season 2 Script Reading

359cb1da11c64073b8fad65bfa72ce0f.jpeg?s=

Feb 3, 2021
by S. P

SBS has released a photo and behind-the-scenes video for the upcoming second season of “The Penthouse”!

After the first season wrapped up last month, fans have been eagerly awaiting the next chapter of the story. The show is set in a 100-floor luxury penthouse apartment, and the first season featured three women at the heart of the tale: the “queen” of the penthouse Shim Soo Ryeon (Lee Ji Ah), the “prima donna” Cheon Seo Jin (Kim So Yeon) who will stop at nothing to get what she wants, and Oh Yoon Hee (Eugene) who will do anything it takes to get into the world of high society. It was previously confirmed that the drama is coming back with two more seasons.

Present at the script reading on February 3 were Eugene, Kim So Yeon, Uhm Ki Joon, Shin Eun Kyung, Bong Tae Gyu, Yoon Jong Hoon, Park Eun Suk, Yoon Joo Hee, and Ha Do Kwon, among others.

Having taken a break after the end of season one, the actors greeted each other warmly as they gathered for the first time in a while. Following an introduction from director Joo Dong Min and writer Kim Soon Ok, it’s said that the script reading carried on with an even greater display of strong teamwork between the cast members.

Director Joo Dong Min asked for the cast’s continued dedication as he commented, “Let’s do a good job throughout the next seven months. I hope that we will be able to look back and say that we’re proud and that we enjoyed it.”

Eugene took control of the room with her powerful gaze and voice in her role as Oh Yoon Hee, more tenacious than ever. Kim So Yeon also impressed as she completely immersed herself in the role of Cheon Seo Jin, who re-wrote the history of the femme fatale role with her endless string of cruel deeds in the first season. Uhm Ki Joon, who plays the diabolical Joo Dan Tae, chilled the room with his cold-blooded tone.

[...]

Kim So Yeon commented, “We finally held the script reading for season two today, and I was really happy to see everyone after such a long time. I want to hurry and show you the good energy from today’s reading. I’ll work hard on filming, so please look forward to it.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1452330wpp/watch-eugene-kim-so-yeon-uhm-ki-joon-and-more-take-part-in-the-penthouse-season-2-script-reading